DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I’m Jenn! If you see my post floating around out there sorry, I thought I posted but I do t see it here! Welcome everyone! I’m hitting the hay but can’t wait to kick off March Madness!! 💕😊💕😊💕

Also ready for a successful March! I see you 👀 Jen 😊
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Monday Check In
    Calories: over :s
    Exercise: not really, but I got in a decent number of steps
    Water: if I could count coffee, I’d be fine

Tomorrow (Today really because I’m late posting): I’m AM going to get in a bike session. Yes I AM!!! I have really got to get a better handle on what goes in my mouth! So frustrated with myself. Just for today, I will log everything and stay under my goal. One Day at a Time!

Step Challenge—I love that we are setting a team goal for the week and working toward that together!!!

Steps so far in March:
    3/1– 10,975
    3/2– 9,715

My realistic goal for this challenge will be 8000 every day. I’d love to do over 10k most days but let’s start here.

Plank Challenge—yes, both days. Yay!!!

One day at a time is right. I know I also have issues with what I put in my mouth. I have some really good days and some “WOW REALLY THOUGH” days lol. I totally get your frustration.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last February weigh in

Previous 309.2
    Current 310.4

Just got back from a week long vacation in Palm Beach Florida. I hate to say it but I almost consider it a victory only gaining 1.2. Back to the grind today!!!! Not going to let this get me down!

That truly is a victory! I know I would have not done as well having a minimum gain. I can’t even get through a weekend with such victories lol.
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Hi everyone happy Tuesday!!

PW-??? I can’t remember
    CW - 169.6

Today was a super long day at work, over 12 hours, but at least I got to work from home, so no commute which was nice. I am just now getting my workout done, but my Apple Challenge is an average of 50 minutes a day, so I making it a priority no matter what.

You’ve got this! We done getting those workouts in!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 03/03

Calories: Over 😒
    Water: 2.250L
    Steps: 19,424
    Exercise: Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)

Happy hump day team. The scale is creeping up and that’s not good. Gotta get myself under control with food, especially with snacking. I haven’t been preparing my snacks like I was doing a couple of weeks ago and this is leading to lots of mindless snacking in between meals. I must lose what I’ve gained by the end of September! I will go into surgery back to my weight I was before surgery last year. I can I can I can!

MARCH GOALS:

•Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    •Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    •Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    •Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Mon - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba
    Tue - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Wed - REST DAY
    Thu - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Fri - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Sat - Saturday Morning 5K
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weighin week: 1
    Weighin day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 207.6 lb (94.2 kg)
    Current weight: 210.5 lb (95.5)
    i feel so uncomfortable right now ! but jus the night before my nephew celebrated his bar mitzva so of course we had a lot to eat.
    I'll try not to cheat to much this month even thought we have carnaval in a week and I have to make so much cookies
  • profkct8336
    profkct8336 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Profkct8336
    Week 1
    Prev: 1997.8
    Weigh in Wed. : 200.4

My name is Karen! I had the flu last week and was eating really anything at all! Now that I’m feeling better I need to get on track! My steps have been pitiful (6000-7000). I’m 46, abs had a hip replacement last May. Exercise is still problematic as any time I’ve tried, I have a tendinitis that flares up! I’m looking for support and help with accountability! My goal for the next few day’s is to start reading through all the posts esp from my team the Downsizers.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options

PW-??? I can’t remember
    CW - 169.6

Today was a super long day at work, over 12 hours, but at least I got to work from home, so no commute which was nice. I am just now getting my workout done, but my Apple Challenge is an average of 50 minutes a day, so I making it a priority no matter what.

Congrats on the loss! Is the apple challenge like a Fitbit step challenge with your friends?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 03/03

Calories: Over 😒
    Water: 2.250L
    Steps: 19,424
    Exercise: Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)

Happy hump day team. The scale is creeping up and that’s not good. Gotta get myself under control with food, especially with snacking. I haven’t been preparing my snacks like I was doing a couple of weeks ago and this is leading to lots of mindless snacking in between meals. I must lose what I’ve gained by the end of September! I will go into surgery back to my weight I was before surgery last year. I can I can I can!

MARCH GOALS:

•Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    •Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    •Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    •Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Mon - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba
    Tue - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Wed - REST DAY
    Thu - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Fri - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Sat - Saturday Morning 5K

Snacks are tough. I try and pre log all my snacks but it’s late night that kills me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    samuel860 wrote: »
    Weighin week: 1
    Weighin day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 207.6 lb (94.2 kg)
    Current weight: 210.5 lb (95.5)
    i feel so uncomfortable right now ! but jus the night before my nephew celebrated his bar mitzva so of course we had a lot to eat.
    I'll try not to cheat to much this month even thought we have carnaval in a week and I have to make so much cookies

Celebrations are fun but you should bounce back after a few days. Carnival sounds like lots of fun!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good morning!

Profkct8336
    Week 1
    Prev: 1997.8
    Weigh in Wed. : 200.4

My name is Karen! I had the flu last week and was eating really anything at all! Now that I’m feeling better I need to get on track! My steps have been pitiful (6000-7000). I’m 46, abs had a hip replacement last May. Exercise is still problematic as any time I’ve tried, I have a tendinitis that flares up! I’m looking for support and help with accountability! My goal for the next few day’s is to start reading through all the posts esp from my team the Downsizers.

I am glad you are feeling better! I understand exercise with your hip replacement as I had my knee replaced 3 years ago and there are some exercises I still can’t do. We are here to support you. I find the daily check in helps with accountability for me and keeps me in touch with the group. You mention steps. Would you like to join the step challenge?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    j6cfkm0ckc69.jpeg
    FEBRUARY WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS

As a group we walked 242,405 steps
    Top three steppers
    @mari_moulin 92,976 steps
    @lindamtuck2018 72,066 steps
    @kguin0323 60,667 steps

FEBRUARY STEP RESULTS

As a group we walked 1,506,795 steps
    Top three steppers
    @mari_moulin 443,244 steps
    @19shmoo69 221,343 steps
    @UTMom81 216,113 steps

Our week 1 March challenge goal is 413,000 steps. Let’s go team!
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just posted a big long thing, and now I cant find it. Is there a delay or did I mess it up?
  • mellane30
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    I just posted a big long thing, and now I cant find it. Is there a delay or did I mess it up?

Apparently it's me cause this one posted just fine. I'll just rewrite it. **sigh**
  • mellane30
    Options
    Good morning! I am back from my trip to San Diego and, while it was very kind to my sense of adventure and overall fun, it was not very kind to the scale or my bank account. The seafood was spectacular, though.

I am excited to be home and getting back on track. I have no doubt I can turn this around but it was so much easier in my 20's and 30's. I kick myself every now and then for not taking better care of myself. Ah well. Such is life. My husband and I are looking forward to summer and no snow. We have all sorts of adventures planned: hiking, kayaking, mountain biking and we're going to go camping in Goblin Valley and take my telescope and star charts! I am super excited about that. If summer could just get here now, that'd be great.

I missed you guys! I dont post a lot but I do read everything and you all are inspiring. It's so nice to not feel alone in this. Thank you all. :smile:

Username: mellane30
    Weighin week: 03/01/2020
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 212 (I think)
    Current weight: 215 (ouchy)

Calories over/under? over
    Water: definitely need more
    Exercise: walked so much
    Goals for this week: gym 3 times this week and water throughout the day.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    3/3
    Steps- 23,378 (busy day at work)
    Plank Challenge Day 2- done
    Calories- good

I have a lot of 'desk work' the next few days-so I need to put some extra focus on getting in steps.

Happy Wednesday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Good morning! I am back from my trip to San Diego and, while it was very kind to my sense of adventure and overall fun, it was not very kind to the scale or my bank account. The seafood was spectacular, though.

I am excited to be home and getting back on track. I have no doubt I can turn this around but it was so much easier in my 20's and 30's. I kick myself every now and then for not taking better care of myself. Ah well. Such is life. My husband and I are looking forward to summer and no snow. We have all sorts of adventures planned: hiking, kayaking, mountain biking and we're going to go camping in Goblin Valley and take my telescope and star charts! I am super excited about that. If summer could just get here now, that'd be great.

I missed you guys! I dont post a lot but I do read everything and you all are inspiring. It's so nice to not feel alone in this. Thank you all. :smile:

Username: mellane30
    Weighin week: 03/01/2020
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 212 (I think)
    Current weight: 215 (ouchy)

Calories over/under? over
    Water: definitely need more
    Exercise: walked so much
    Goals for this week: gym 3 times this week and water throughout the day.

I am jealous about the seafood. I am originally from Newfoundland and the seafood is awesome. I go every summer and try to get fresh seafood.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 70 minute walk
    Water: not enough, too much tea and coffee

Thursday goals
    1. Plan snacks
    2. Walk minimum 30 minutes
    3. Swim and aqua fit exercises

I saw my doctor today and he decrease the medication I am still on that can cause weight gain. I see him again April 1st and it should be discontinued at that appointment.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s Check In

Exercise: got up and got in that workout before my all day meetings and also walked the halls between sessions.
    Water: met my goal of 80 oz again today!

Tomorrow: another early workout will be required if I get an exercise at all due to work. Take my water bottle to my meetings again and pack my lunch so I can eat quickly and then walk outside during lunch. Weather is supposed to be really nice. Yay!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

PW-??? I can’t remember
    CW - 169.6

Congrats on the loss! Is the apple challenge like a Fitbit step challenge with your friends?

No, the Apple Watch Program gives you a monthly challenge in the App that is an individual challenge based on what you’ve accomplished in the past. You earn a badge for each challenge you finish. I am obsessed with earning the badges lol.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Wednesday’s Check In

Exercise: got up and got in that workout before my all day meetings and also walked the halls between sessions.
    Water: met my goal of 80 oz again today!

Tomorrow: another early workout will be required if I get an exercise at all due to work. Take my water bottle to my meetings again and pack my lunch so I can eat quickly and then walk outside during lunch. Weather is supposed to be really nice. Yay!

Well done getting those early workouts in! No excuses right! 💪🏻
This discussion has been closed.