WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
edited March 2020 in Social Groups
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

Here is your Team chat room for April 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Angmarie28
Weight No More - open
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    19idhk2m0h24.jpeg

Welcome to April Team Weight No More!

I am Lisa, co-captain with the Pam, @sleepymom5. I live in Toronto, Canada with my husband of almost 20 years and our two boys ages 13 and 9. We have been staying in place in our house for 2.5 weeks and we are doingour best to get through it. My husband is working from home and I have suspended my part time legal practice for the time being. I am homeschooling our boys with varying degrees of success on any given day, and I am also doing my best to continue to eat healthy and exercise. I am a runner, but have been working out inside mostly.

Posting Your Daily Updates (or more frequently)
    We ask that you please try to check in daily or more if you please. If you don’t post daily, that’s ok, but just remember that the daily conversations that we have are a great opportunity for support through your journey. Please also post whenever you want, such as when you have a question, want to share information or tips, or if you need some extra support at a challenging moment or time.

For daily updates, you can use whatever format (or not) that you like. Many of us here check in with the following format:
    Check in for: Thursday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: 10000 and 30 minutes of yoga

Posting Your Weekly Weigh In.
    Please be sure to provide your weigh in as soon as you can on weigh in day. If something comes up and you cannot weigh in on your weigh day, please post here or message to advise me or @sleepymom5. We will let the moderators know as three missed weight ins on the spreadsheet means that you will be bumped to the support team (and eventually off the team). After you post, you will soon see the “insightful” reaction marked on your weigh in post. This means that either me or @sleepymom5 has recorded your weight on the spreadsheet. It is our system to make sure the other captain knows that the weight is recorded.

Here is how we ask that you weigh in weigh in on weigh in day:
    User ID: *
    Week Number: Week *
    Previous weight: *
    Current weight: *

Team Step Challenge
    Post and let us know if you want to be in the weekly step challenge. We track Sunday to Saturday. You can post your steps daily, or cumulatively. Please try to post by the following Sunday by noon so that we can announce the winners.

F2F Challenge
    Every Sunday individual and team winners are announced. We have kept up the Go Green Challenge, so we also announce how teams are doing over by % green (weight lost) on their spreadsheets. We have also introduced a new feature where we track and announce individuals who have consistently stayed green (lost or maintained).

Habit Tracker
    The optional habit tracker is still going in the group thread for those of you who wish to use it. On this tracker, you are able to track certain habits daily. If you wish to use the spreadsheet, unlike the weigh ins, you will enter your own information on the habit tracker spreadsheet daily. Just go to the tab for Team Weight No More, enter your name & habits, then start tracking!

These are trying times and we are here as a team to support each other.

No new members yet this month and here is a reminder about this thread and others.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    qlmci2agm8xq.gif
    crcb6fywmhz8.png
    ax1hdundekge.png
    tmj1o439a2ga.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.59%
    2nd Trimstones 0.44%
    3rd Waist Aways 0.21%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No More 23.6 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 20.5 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 9.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @davors19 2.14%
    2nd @jessicakrall8 2.03%
    3rd @eggfreak 2.02%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @jessicakrall8 6.8 Lbs
    2nd @davors19 6.0 Lbs
    3rd @eggfreak 3.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @matthewsfive
    @kmfeig87
    @simbersea
    @suzyjmcd2
    @tryingagain5
    @phoebe112476
    @kilobykilo
    @pacsnc6
    @gharvey2753

4nyg382oy4dk.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    t9tg6n49tzdo.jpg
    5n4shsweth1z.png
    6qd8jraps26t.png
    rjakq6i3gkz7.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 1.31%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.96%
    3rd Trimstones 0.94%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No More 52.9 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 43.9 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 42.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    SPECIAL @matthewsfive 7.46%
    1st @simbersea 5.23 %
    2nd @Beka3695 5.20%
    3rd @dillyg08 4.79 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    SPECIAL @matthewsfive 13.2 Lbs
    1st @beka3695 12.2 Lbs
    2nd @charlottemilton 11.5 Lbs
    3rd @davors19 10.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @eggfreak
    @suzyjmcd2
    @Jactop
    @Freeglerock
    @TwinMomma2019
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @kirsten11872

9zmksji8ldea.png

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@sleepymom5 - thinking of you and Jim. I know it's hard when everyone is looking to you but try and make sure you take care of yourself as well x

@srw32 - welcome! This is fantastic group and everyone is so supportive, am sure you will feel at home in no time.

Big congrats to all our top losers :)

So, quick re-intro lol. I'm Shelli, late 30s from Edinburgh in Scotland (it's a beautiful city). Like many of you I'm staying home at the moment, doing some work but only on 80% pay so it's going to be a tighten the belts few months I guess.

Have quite a lot to lose but the routine is going a bit out the window at the moment. Trying to stick to my calories though and get back to a bit of exercise since all my classes and gym are closed.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend (or as good as possible anyway!)
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/28 10,817
    I tried putting them in the other thread but it’s closed! My steps were better this week, but still not where they were.

@tryingagain5 I work at Lowe’s. I am the Merchandising Services Manager. My team does most all of the resets and service in the store. People are coming in to purchase too many non essential items, they seem to think flowers, paint, and mulch are necessities. Or they admit they are just bored and want to get out of the house.

@Mrsbell8well that’s crazy, I knew you were from VA but never really paid attention to where. I work in Harrisonburg, raised in Bridgewater, currently live in Augusta county about 10 mins from Bridgewater.
    Lowe’s is giving us a one time payment of $300 and they are giving us up to 4 weeks of additional paid leave time if we are considered high risk for covid 19 or need to be off because we contract it. I currently have two of my team members on leave for it. One is just taking advantage of the system, the other just returned from Spain and is considered high risk. I’m a little nervous being that I just completed a years worth of treatment! I’m sure my immune system isn’t back up to normal yet! So I’m trying to be super cautious while I’m at work!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Saturday Check In

Welcome to the April thread! I know it is not April yet, but it will be soon. This is a really trying time for all of us. Please feel free to post whenever you feel you need support. It does not have to be a daily or weekly update, just post any time. If you can’t weigh in for whatever reason, just post or send me a message and ask to be excused for the week. That way you don’t get a no weigh in on the spreadsheet, which results in being moved off the team after 2 weeks. There is also the option of moving to cheer squad temporarily.

Yesterday was a good day. I ate on plan, drank 2 l of water and exercised. My sleep quality could be better and I am working on managing the stress. I checked in with my mother and MIL, and they both are doing remarkably well. They both say they have lived through worse and helping us stay calm. No homeschooling as it is the weekend, so I cleaned the house instead. I am going to start lesson planning soon this afternoon. We started watching the English Game on Netflix and are loving it!

@sleepymom5 - Just huge hugs to you. Thank you for checking in and don’t worry about how often you sign on. We’ve got it covered. Praying for Jim, you and your entire family.
    @podperson1 - It is really hard being out of your routine, I totally get it. You are doing the right things though trying to stay on track and from there, you can try to start some kind of new routine.
    @timibotkin - Congratulations on your biopsy results! You are doing great with your weigh loss and exercise. I have been thinking about you because of your treatment. It is really good that you are taking extra precautions right now. I am sorry that you have to stay on your medication and that things are not going well with Wayne. It is a stressful time, so just take things day by day, and just take care of yourself as much as you can right now.
    @phoebe112476 - Thank you for checking in and I am sorry it has been such a terrible month for you. You are a fantastic mom and it is just incredible that you are a foster mom too. I know it is really hard to have your routine thrown and it is also tempting to stress eat. It sounds like you are slowly building new routines and doing your best, which is all we can do. Please feel free to vent here any time, we are all going through stress and struggles right now. Sending you a virtual hug, and praying for you and your family.
    @tryingagain5 - While the decision to go back to work is yours, I think that you received sound advice from your neighbour regarding your health history and the risks. You have to do what is best for you, particularly your health. I think that is smart to modify your work out where needed. I do the same and it prevents injury.
    @mrsbell8well - You look fantastic! Thank you for the appreciation! If I get behind on anything, I will let you know, but you have enough on your plate right now!
    @kirsten11872 - Fantastic loss! I am in awe of your dedication during this difficult time!
    @KUMEcyclingteam - We are so happy that you are back in the challenge for April! I love your story about taking your mom to the doctor. I am glad that she is healing well and you are an amazing son for taking such good care of her. Love that photo of the two of you!
    @1theresamcvean - No worries about checking in late. This is such a stressful time. It is ok to be thrown by all of this and you will find your new routine. Let us know about Peleton! I am very curious about it.

• Cafelelia
    Options
    For the step challenge could I please have the following steps:
    @Freeglerock - Steps for Friday & Saturday
    @GingerPwr - Steps for Thursday, Friday & Saturday

I will announce the winners tonight!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Happy April Weight No More Fam!

I feel like I've been under a rock the last couple of days. Sorry about that!

Steps:
    Thursday - 7,961
    Friday - 6,388
    Saturday - 5,999 (really? Dang)

Weekly total - 50,837

@pacsnc6 - I'm glad you got the tests completed and that the tumor hasn't metastasized. You've got a lot of strength in you, and I'm thinking about you lots.

@sleepymom5 - Prayers for you and Jim. Sometimes being calm is all you can do, but it doesn't mean everything's okay either. Lots of virtual hugs!

@Mrsbell8well - your goal illustration is so adorable. Love it, and I know you'll hit it! You're still a big inspiration to me.

@brown6267 - Oh I'm so jealous of your loss but really proud of you for being so close to your goal!!

I've had a little flare up with tendonitis and my shin splints, so I'm going to take a week off running and I've made a goal to walk an hour every day this week. It's much lower impact, and it's also somewhat meditative. Also really excited that last week my new adjustable dumbells came in (I'll post a picture soon). Gonna start some better weight training this week too.

Oh! And welcome newcomers! I'm Casey, I'm in North Carolina. Goal weight is 135, so I'm 9 lbs away. :)
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of cleanse. Added roasted asparagus and mushrooms to my large salad at lunch. Dinner sweet potato, garlic greens and steamed cauliflower. Doing good. Just finished week 2 of walking program.
    Finished cleaning house, moms pills, washing greens and prepping produce for the week, and just finishing our bills including old folks.
    Molly started writing down “preparedness info” for all of us in case...well just in case.
    Still need to do my April planner but not sure I can get to it.
    We started binge watching one Mississippi. A dark lesbian comedy. Really enjoying it.
    I will get to my intro at some point and respond to posts.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    HABIT TRACKER! Did you know that we have our own habit tracker that is here for you to use? It’s on the main group page, under the announcements called the F2F Habit Tracker-April 2020. Habit tracking works because it gives you a visual representation of your progress. You get to see all the times you’ve done the habit lined up as an unbroken chain. Once you can see your progress, you’re much less likely to skip the habit.
    Just click the link and follow the easy instructions and start tracking your habits today! Habit Tracker

TIP:
    I like to bookmark my team's page at the beginning of every month for easier access. Happy Tracking!! ;)
    9jv6vp6tfkji.png
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take part in the weekly step challenge for April. I keep track of my steps with my Fitbit and have been since 2010.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @zumba_luvah - Fantastic, will put you on the spreadsheet!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    9stzsm1k376b.png
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia sorry - completely forgot about steps. Here they are:
    Friday 7,665
    Saturday 5,437
This discussion has been closed.