v86urhdxg9b1.jpeg
    ri7kqwdmbejx.jpeg
    lkrmz2skq11k.jpeg
    byf6bd8ran0u.jpeg
    3poocrdjz8ww.jpeg
    dwev69bx64w0.jpeg
    6lpq0dyaqjfn.jpeg
    w94bk5fjb2w1.jpeg
    Step by step artichoke pictures. In the end you eat the yummy last part with the stem and toss the choke.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Hope that makes sense. Unfortunately pictures not in correct order.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    wfsrva1svumn.jpeg
    Delicious dinner. Roasted carrots with fresh thyme finished with a drizzle of honey., quinoa, and garlic mustard greens
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 - While I am not happy that you have to do the chemo at all, I am glad that you are starting it now so you can get it done quickly. Your positive attitude is just so admirable. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Please remember to check in when you can and let us know how you are doing. Sending you a big virtual hug!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm trying to do my best with my decisions for health and exercise. Since I live alone, I could exercise all day and not bother anyway but then I would be over exercising and that's not good either. I'm trying to keep a balance which is why I 've been alternating doing different things throughout the day.

Glad you are doing better with your health. I know you have no choice in going to work. I'm sure you're already doing your best to keep 6 feet away from others and handwashing.

Keep up the good work on your weight loss/maintaining!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/30 steps 10453
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    PW: 152.8
    CW: 151.2
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Monday... I just realized daily check-ins can help me keep track of what day it is LOL
    Food: 15 hr fast. Did well during the day but dinner wasn't the healthiest. Just trying to use up stuff in the house
    Water: pretty good
    Exercise & steps: 20 min Bowflex intervals; 30 minute JessicaSmithTV strength training; 7,562 steps. Normally I don't double up cardio and ST but didn't do my planned cardio Sunday morning so made myself do it yesterday.

Spent some time cleaning the house & decluttering but never got out for a walk. It was a psychological pick-me-up to see a clean, tidy house. Began snowing in the afternoon and continued overnight. I think the snow is making me cranky. More snow predicted for today so going to take the dogs for a quick walk. Think I'll start a jigsaw puzzle. One of my favorite wineries in California offered 25% off + free shipping so I ordered a case. UPS is delivering it today and I need to sign for it so I'll be waiting on him. Momma needs a pick me up LOL

@pacsnc6 Best of luck. I like your attitude... its true that the sooner you begin, the sooner you will be done
    @ljdanny hang in there! I read somewhere that we need to get dressed each day to be sure our waistbands don't get too tight :neutral:
    @tryingagain5 You are such a "quarantine inspiration"! Each day you manage to stay busy, productive, connected and also make sure to take care of yourself. WTG!!
    Great steppin' @brown6267
    Nice loss @phoebe112476. Hope you're settling into some sort of a new routine during these difficult times
    @Mrsbell8well My internet is running too slow to view your artichoke pictures :( but I bet they were delicious. I love artichokes!!

Hugs to all!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday, WNM! You have a new member on the way - @annliz23 will be here shortly, hopefully! Have a great time with them -- just in time for April Fool's Day tomorrow. Be kind, now :tongue:
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    Sorry it keeps snowing and making you cranky. I can see that though. Usually it would still be snowing here in Michigan too but instead it's been raining. The weather is supposed to be nice the rest of the week. Sounds like you're keeping busy too. Keep it up!

Thanks! I'm trying my best to not get down and upset because I'm stuck at home. It doesn't help and everyone else is in the same boat. Getting down about the situation can only lead to not eating well or just too much, then you get to the point of not wanting to exercise either. It took me 2 years to lose 50 pounds and I'd rather not gain it all back again. I want to weigh less or at least maintain by the time we can go back to the gym. My trainer has been checking in with me, which is really nice.

Posting here helps a lot. I know none of us has met in real life but I feel like we have. Staying in touch with others in my life also helps.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Monday check in
    Yesterday was ok. I was still feeling tired, so I did not exercise and do a plan. Just rested. The government is extending school closures beyond next week, but they are not saying for how long. They are finally going to implement more formal homeschooling via online, which will be very welcome from my perspective. I am resting again today. I miss my exercise and hope to resume tomorrow. I have a 5 k race in early June, but I think it is more and more likely that it will be cancelled. I am thinking of just one on my own anyway if that is the case.

@annliz23 - Welcome to the team! Hop on and introduce yourself!
    @nstephenson01 - More snow? When does the thaw finally happen there? A case of wine sounds great and a clean house too!
    @phoebe112476 -Fantastic loss!
    @brown6267 - Fantastic steps yesterday!
    @tryingagain5 - You are right that it is best not to get down. I find some days are better than others. Post as much as you feel you need too! You are doing great with exercise and balancing it out. Hope all is well today!
    @ljdanny - Happy Birthday in advance! I have seen those birthday parades online and on tv. I hope that you get one and get to see your granddaughter!
    @mrsbelle8well - Yummy food yesterday!
    @podperson1 - That number is a maintain really, and you are doing well if it was higher earlier in the week. I am going to start Star Trek Discovery! Thanks for the recommendation! I loved Picard so much, it was really good!

• Cafelelia
    edited March 2020
    Options
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @Cafelelia what a challenging time. Love your graphic lol.
    @pacsnc6 we will be praying for you xxoooxx
    I’m feeling so out of it this week. I just want to go home.
    Food good
    Water good
    Exercise good
    Our bank lobbies are closed so I decided to take Lula Mae to work with me. Molly met us at the park for lunch and our walk. Sweet!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Aww! Sunny looks so cute! He's your little assistant.
This discussion has been closed.