WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@Mrsbell8well - I would love to see you do a blog/cookbooks, keep us updated! Team yoga sounds like fun. I'm going to attempt one of the Adriene 30 day programs this week, so will shall how I get on.

@lennoncpa - your pictures of Sunny always make me smile. My two kitties are attempting to 'help' me work from home - with varying degrees of disruption lol. Congrats on the weight loss :)

@ProfDawnLee - welcome, am sure you'll find the group really supportive x

@annliz23 - Alfie is just adorable, hope he's feeling better!

@tryingagain5 - it's really nice that you're managing to stay connected with your neighbours still, I think it really helps to still feel connected at the moment. Don't let work pressure you into going back - I'm sure they can't be allowed to if you're at risk :s

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - great family exercising, poor kids though having the harder version (I'd be dead after one of those :D )

@sleepymom5 - so glad to hear that Jim is doing a bit better, sadly it doesn't seem to be a quick recovery process but fingers crossed if they're sounding more positive. Hope you and the girls are hanging in there x

@Cafelelia - your virtual sourdough class sounds awesome. I never thought about looking for virtual cooking/baking classes at the moment. I'm very a 'basics' cook so bread may be slightly out of my wheelhouse but am sure there must be some other stuff.

Hope we're all doing ok. I'm feeling reasonably positive, been trying to watch the calories (though the snacking is creeping back in a bit being at home all day). Have been working from home the last few days so has kept me a bit busier. Also managed to figure out the live stream zumba last night, which was quite fun - especially seeing everyone working away in synch through their cameras.
    Was a bit annoyed with the Post Offices yesterday as checked online beforehand to see if their hours had changed, said they were the same, but two different ones were on reduced hours and closed. Had to make an extra trip out first thing this morning and not sure if the parcel will get there now. Ah well. Also attempting to do a bit of Spring cleaning while I'm home, but the motivation comes and goes lol.
    Take care x
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Oh everyone, the bread is baked & cooling! I will report back tonight when we taste it. Judging from that spoiler photo, I need a shower and a nap! Here are final stages of the process & the finished product in spoiler:
    5eswnw85njaw.jpeg
    82031ppisry0.jpeg
    3sv3twediluq.jpeg
    5x0gy3vq12f1.jpeg
    kjknmbb1yrp4.jpeg

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Prayers continue for Jim, you and your family.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    That bread looks great! Glad you are feeling better.
    Are you allowed to go outside for a walk, even though you are under a stay at home order? Here in Michigan, so far we can go outside for some fresh air. It's been beautiful here the last 2 days so it's nice to get out a little.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @podperson1
    Yes, it is good for me to stay connected. I think if I couldn't do that it would get depressing very quickly.

That's nice that your kitties are "helping" you work.

I understand about the motivation for spring cleaning coming and going. I have all kinds of time to do it now and sometimes I just don't feel like it. Maybe I need to make a time where I pretend I'm at work and I have to clean during that time.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 glad Jim is feeling better, i agree it is always better to plan ahead.
    @podperson1 i love zumba, i was going to class several times a week. My teachers have also set up on zoom but i don't like it as much, i find the music is very laggy. Last night I couldn't even hear the music half the time, good thing i could figure which song we were doing so I could just follow along.

It's pouring here today so I didn't get to walk outside. I did 2 videos. It has taken me 2 weeks to complete 1 week of 21df and country heat. I have to get a little better about that. I am making some goals for this month because being home is throwing off my game. I got my house cleaned, I do have a pile of papers and bills i need to go through, i keep putting them off, not that they will go away. I am one who will pay a bill online and not throw the bill out so i have multiples of the same bill. My son was trying to find something the other day and was losing his mind. I probably have 4 mortgage bills sitting there and i really don't need that many. so i really do need to purge. my bedroom, basement and garage are next.

April goals...
    exercise, rest on days i need it
    stay out of the snack cabinet
    drink more water
    measure my meals
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 - I am glad that you talked to your boss. It is a very personal decision, and it is one that you have to feel comfortable with. Like I said earlier, you should speak to your doctor if you feel that you need more information to inform your decision making. Here is Toronto, we are allowed out for essentials, and for brief exercise as long as we are not self-isolating for any reason. People over 70 are not allowed out. We do not have the density of NYC, but it is a city of 3 million. So for this week, my family and I stopped going out, except we go on the deck for fresh air and my little one plays in the back yard. The city put barriers up around all parks, playground etc, and now less people are even out walking. Our provincial government just came out today with some serious infection rate projections. However, while our projected mortality rates are not great, they are lower than cities like NYC due to our quarantine measures and given that we have had some time to prepare in hospitals. There are even some field hospitals going up in certain locations with less ICU beds. Given those projections, we expect even stricter quarantine measures to come out soon, with more essential services cut and some pretty hefty enforcement measures. It is tough, but we all have to do what is necessary right now.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @cafelelia oooh that bread looks yummy! I'm going to make my own white bread this week. It's been a minute since I baked. We'll see what happens. And yes, I really like these weights. They're easy to transition and handle, plus I like that they're squared off - I like doing push-ups with rows and they don't roll on me.

@sleepymom5 Continued prayers for Jim's healing and for your strength and sanity! In a time of so much uncertainty, maybe food is the one thing we can all still control. It's good that you're making plans again to regain that control.

Steps:

Wednesday 9,082
    Thursday 10,044

Noom is going well. I've learned about caloric density, and that's helped me make some different food choices. I'm not having to drastically change what I'm eating, but I'm getting a better sense of portions. It's interesting. Hopefully by next Wednesday I'll have something positive to show for it!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In for Thursday (I have to pause to think what day it is)
    Food: 14:10 IF
    Water: Good
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minute JessicaSmithTV Strength Training, 1 hr dog walk/hike (with hubby!!); 10,048 Steps

Another good day (day 2, I think) food, water and exercise wise. My husband accompanied me on my walk with the dogs... he likes to venture off the trail and wander around looking at prospective projects, etc. on our property so it turned into a longer walk but it was nice as he's not much of a walker. Like many of you my days are starting to blur especially when I do my check in here later in the day. Let me think... Strength training, walk, catch up on GH, laundry, shower and I made sheet pan shrimp fajitas for dinner that turned out surprisingly good. Whoo what a day... hope I'm forgetting something LOL. Oh, and I made banana nut muffins using only Whole Wheat Flour and half the sugar. My husband said they were really good so I'm not going to tell him.

LOL @GingerPwr I didn't even realize my pun until you mentioned it. Those weights look great... they're adjustable, right? So you don't have to buy a different set for each weight? How do you like Noom? I hope we don't lose you... does it work in conjunction with or replace MFP?

@lennoncpa thank you for the daily Sunny fix... he is just so darling.

@annliz23 Hope Alfie feels better... he looks beautiful even when not feeling well. Sure can't say the same about me when I'm under the weather

@Mrsbell8well Poor LuluMae does not look happy.

Been a busy morning and see I have over 30 posts to catch up on. Will take some time to do that and work on my intro. Happy Friday/Weekend All!!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

@Cafelelia - your bread looks nommy!

@tryingagain5 - I'm glad your work is being understanding at least. I don't know what it's like where you are, but here if you're at higher risk then you have to allowed to stay home (sometimes on a lower wage/sick pay but still)

@ljdanny - yeah it did get to the last-but-one song and the lag kicked in a bit, but then it seemed to clear up again. I know there are quite a few doing it on Youtube though, so it should be less of an issue on there. Think @Cafelelia actually had some workout links towards the end of the March thread and one of those was a zumba one.

@lennoncpa - I love hummus, though don't think I've seen that brand round here. My local shop has a deli counter and they do a range of homemade hummus in different flavours - some are really nom.
  • nstephenson01
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I'm the same way... I let papers stack up as most of the time its just me here and I figure no one will see it. The whole process of filing, tossing or shredding is just so tedious. I had to laugh at your recap of your walk but its great that the weather is nice and your neighbors are enjoying it. As for work, if there ever was a time to consider your own health & safety, now is it. Glad your boss seems to be able to be flexible. Good luck!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I am not a fan of planks or push ups LOL. My upper body is my weak spot but I force myself to do them as I know they are good for us. Nice that your kids are working out with you!!

Nice steppin' @hope002

Oh, just an FYI @annliz23, if you put the @ sign before a member's username, it will alert them that you mentioned them.

Continued prayers and love to you, Jim and your family @sleepymom5. Glad you and your daughters continue to be symptom free. Miss you bunches xoxo

@fi45 We are all right there with you. You stay safe as well

Welcome @srw32! Nice loss for week 1

@Cafelelia I'm glad your class went well! I can't even imagine a cooking class on Zoom. I wish our internet was zippier or I would check out online classes. Your bread looks wonderful and I bet smells ah...maze...ing. Sourdough bread and cheese... I would be in heaven! And a very cute picture of you and your beautiful smile. I frequently bake no-knead bread but am interested in venturing into sourdough.

@ljdanny I like your April goals. Rain there... snow here... where is Spring?!?!

• nstephenson01
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Welcome all new and returning members of Team Weight No More to the April challenge!! I guess I might as well hog up the whole feed while I'm on here.

My intro... I'm Nancy, 50, live in Montana with my husband and our two dogs... a pair of Brittany Spaniels named Gauge and Willow. Now that the thaw has begun I can mention that I also have a pond full of goldfish.... I'm always so thrilled when I see the little guys have survived another harsh MT winter. My husband works on long term construction projects that take him away from home for extended periods of time. I gave up my career a few years ago to have the flexibility to travel with him. However, I much prefer to be home in Montana and don't travel with him as much as he would like. Anyhoo... He was recently working in Pennsylvania until the project was shut down and everyone was laid off so he's here at home with me.

My weight-loss journey story... I lose weight at a ridiculously slow rate but I have managed to keep off the 50 pounds I have lost. @mrsbell8well calls me the maintenance queen LOL
    Highest Weight (that I recorded on MFP 1/1/17): 220.5
    Goal Weight: 158 - 160
    Lowest Weight since On MFP: 164ish
    Current Weight: 169.4
    Height: 5'8"

I've learned there is no magic pill. Its a million tiny choices each day that either work toward your health and weight-loss goals or don't. As for me it has become a lifestyle that I can live with long term.

My favorite form of exercise is hiking with my dogs but I also dabble in a bit of strength training, cardio and yoga. I pretty much exercise every day as I truly enjoy it. In addition, my dogs are relentless personal trainers on four paws that prevent me from being a couch potato.

OK, I promise this is the last time you will hear from me today LOL. Take care everyone and stay safe!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Spring is here in Virginia! It is so gorgeous! The Tulips and redbud are out and dogwoods right behind them. Glad you and hubby got some walking time together and that you had 2 good days! That's all you need, 1 good day and then another.
    @cafelelia Lisa your bread looks good enough to eat! lol. I love to bake bread. Sourdough sounds so ambitious and so yummy. Love your spoiler pics. You look so cute and so proud!
    @sleepymom5 so glad to hear from you. Don't you worry about catching up on posts. When I was recovering I gave up and started fresh on the day I was ready to come back and be more active. Were all concerned for you, Jim and your family. Hang in there. You are very missed!
    @gingerpwr Noom sounds interesting. You know me, I like experimenting and open to anything that gives us some insight. Looking forward to seeing your results. I wonder which of us will hit 142 first lol...does that sound like a challenge haha? Maybe it is!
    @podperson1 I will definitely let you all know when I go live with something. thanks for the sweet comments.
    It is a great time to do spring cleaning. I gave my self little tasks and set time frames when to have them done by. When I was recovering I managed to get a whole lot more done. I need to do another sweep through my granddaughters room someday but were in good shape.
    @ljdanny good goals. That reminds me I need to do April goals as well.
    @srw32 your off to a great start!
    @fi45 we definitely all go through that. It's not easy getting our motivation up and staying strong. But you can do it!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx girl that looks like pure torture lol! What a mom, but your kids look so strong! Your a good influence on them.
    @tryingagain5 things seem to have a way of working themselves out. Sounds like you had a very lovely much needed walk.
    @lennoncpa that hummus looks yummy...and NO I don't think we will ever be normal eaters lol...oh well we try our best. At least you know what you need. Glad your son was with you.

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with an update. Had my first chemo session today. I was nervous about it and didn't get much sleep last night so decided I wold nap during the session - I slept at least a solid hour! Still feeling good and hoping the nausea doesn't kick in the next couple days.
    @sleepymom5 glad to hear Jim has improved, and that you are making a good plan for the rest of his recovery.
    @nstephenson01 you have been keeping up with your exercise and food pretty good. Enjoy your extra time with your husband. He will be gone off to work again before long.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    OMG...TGIF! My work day is almost done. I am an introvert believe it or not and I am trying desperately not to be so envious of everyone that gets to work from home. And I am every day aware of my 10 team members that are on the front lines 5-6 days a week including myself. There are moments that I freeze up thinking about it then I try to think of something else. One day at a time.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    I thought everyone would get a kick out of my 30 minute walk taking so long. We need some humor in our lives.

I know eventually I'll have to go back to work so I'm going to have to prepare myself for that.
This discussion has been closed.