MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. I have managed to re-injure my ankle and am scheduled for surgery next Thursday. Same recovery time frame as last fall with 2 weeks in the surgical splint, 2 weeks in a cast, then 3 weeks in a boot. Since this means there will be at least 4 weeks of me not being able to weigh myself, I'm assuming I should remove myself from the group. I am hoping to be able to join back up when this is over. Admins, please let me know what to do. Thanks!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Gwamajtw91
    Thursday
    PW: 165.3
    CW: 165.1
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. I have managed to re-injure my ankle and am scheduled for surgery next Thursday. Same recovery time frame as last fall with 2 weeks in the surgical splint, 2 weeks in a cast, then 3 weeks in a boot. Since this means there will be at least 4 weeks of me not being able to weigh myself, I'm assuming I should remove myself from the group. I am hoping to be able to join back up when this is over. Admins, please let me know what to do. Thanks!

Hey there,
    We are so SO sorry you are injured. It's great that you can get it worked on so soon. I hope your recovery goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.

As far as the group -- you are more than welcome to continue to participate. You can be on the Cheering Squad, which means that you are part of discussions (as much as you want to be!) but do not weigh in. If it would support you to have us available, we are totally up for that. You can then choose to be active in the challenge again whenever you like. No pressure either way, but know that we would be delighted to still "see" you here, as much as you have the energy.

So SO sorry about your injury.

ovhk0zdfsr2q.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    h39e0c3g79u1.gif

@TeresaW1020 - Wowsers! Congratulations on the great weigh-in! Even after that special anniversary, your week averaged out in the GREEN!

@Gwamajtw91 - Woohoo! A great, in-the-green weigh-in! Congratulations!

@davors19 - Wow! Whoosh! What a great weigh-in! And now you are in the 250s -- AWESOME!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012, NO, you should not remove yourself from the group! I am very sorry that you will have to go through such a long and painful recovery from your surgery. <3 But please don’t feel like you need to leave the group. Like @AustinRuadhain said we will have @broncobuddee put you on the cheer squad which means you don’t have to weigh-in but will remain in the group. That way you can check-in and let us know how you are doing. This group is NOT just about weight loss. We are a community and we are here to support you in all aspects of your life. :)

@davors19 and @gwamajtw91, you had great weigh-ins this week!! Keep it up! B)

@leonadixon, Ohhhh I am so sorry that you are struggling. This is a really hard time for so many of us. I really don’t want you to give up on yourself or leave the team. You know that won’t help you get back on track. So, what can we do for you? You can move to the cheer squad for a time if you need a break and not worry about the weigh-ins until you are ready. Or…you can let us help you in any way that we can. It’s up to you, but please don’t leave the group! <3

Good morning team! :) Well, I actually managed to lose a tiny amount this week. Surprisingly after that awesome dinner and dessert I had for my DH’s birthday. There is one more week to weigh-in this month so I really need to get it together so that I will have a loss for the month. Right now, I’m sitting at a big fat 0 for the month. I don’t have anything planned for the weekend except to get in some killer workouts, clean my house, hang out with my DH, play with my dog, and of course work on my 5000-piece jigsaw puzzle.

I hope you all have a great weekend!! Be good to yourselves! <3

4av2adqn4obk.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,065 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Congrats on your loss! :) How's that 5000-piece puzzle coming along? Have a great weekend, too!

Hello everyone. I switched my eating plan up on WW and I feel really good about it. I think it's going to work out for next week, I don't know if I did it in time to help for this week. We'll see tomorrow!

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: No
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    I will track my food for the day: Yes

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Yoga or YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Check-In

THURSDAY: 🟢/🟡
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟡
    Thursday Goals 🟡
    - Walk or platform stepping - 45+ min ❌ (did 40 min; not terrible but didn't hit goal)
    - Bonus workout of some kind, yoga or weights ❌
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ✔️
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    - Scouts project - Open ONE email from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ✔️
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ✔️
    - Meal planning ✔️
    - Grocery shopping and food prep ✔️

FRIDAY Goals
    - Prelog food for today ✔️
    - Put cardio on calendar for today ✔️
    - Walk or platform stepping - 45+ min ⚪
    - Bonus workout of some kind, yoga or weights ⚪
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️✔️⚪⚪
    - Scouts project - Open ONE email from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Clean one kitchen cabinet ⚪ have started this!

v3wlfgr5hfih.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Happy Friday, Slimpossibles!

So, Friday morning feels like a god time to check in and ask myself how things are going this week!

I just made a morning list of OhMyGoshNotDoneYet things I want to get done this week. Good to see the list, but I felt a little anxious looking at it.

So then I took a breath and thought I would as @TeresaW1020 just advised be kind to myself.

Looking for how to do that, I looked back at the last few days and asked myself what I DID get done, and where I could find a victory to celebrate.

In the land of tiny actions this week -- I have taken enough ground on cleaning up the Dreaded Office that I am starting to get excited about working on it. It's a long way from where I want to get, but the one-tiny-thing-at-a-time strategy has started to build up some momentum. I have 2 projects to work on that I am behind on, and talked to a partner/friend about one of them this morning and made plans to get a bit done on it today! Just picking up the phone was huge.

What about you? What's a little something you could celebrate, big or small, this week?
    Could be a NSV moment, when you noticed a change!
    Could be a thing you did! Like putting off eating a candy bar, sticking to your plan for a meal, stopping eating when you were full... so many things I'll bet we have all done this week and not necessarily noticed.
    Even if it looks little to you, it could inspire someone else!

wyt8427x0rso.jpg

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 4 (5/22)
    PW: 187.3
    CW: 189.1

:s
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain- thank you for the tiny habit pep talk. How did you know I would need that today?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,707 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo and @AustinRuadhain Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me! Two more weeks until my doctor's appointment, just have to stay strong until then. Only cried a couple times and my cats rushed me as soon as my eyes filled with tears mostly from pain though I was really down one day, love my little peanuts!

Sorry for not being around, I'm regrouping and researching a lot. Those of you that are my friends on my feed probably already read this but the urgent care doctor's thinking that it's neuropathy is probably wrong from the researching I've been doing. I'm done with steroids and it's worse than when I started, I have burning waist down now and it's worsening at the slightest walking and standing, even arm cardio with legs on a second chair worsens the intensity but standing, walking, and sitting normal without legs elevated make it worse. Back to needing to squat at the grocery store. I'm having to rest and elevate my legs or lay down each time I stand or walk, curling in a ball in the fetal position helps some. CBD, neurontin, IB Profen, Naprosyn, shot of alcohol, and regular marijuana (legal here though I haven't tried in years- a friend brought me some as I was desperate) don't help at all though the last two spaced me out a bit but probably aren't worth it. The only thing I've come across that fits so far is artery problems, would make sense with blood pressure spiking in January and how it's widespread pain increasing with movement versus following a nerve trail like my nerve damage, plus it started in my feet and moved up. Anyhow, I'll wait and see what it is but prepare myself and tweak my lifestyle and cut back then stop coffee. Everything else I'm doing is spot-on. Stretching and foam rolling help circulation and feel good so I'll up that a couple times a day. I'm going to go get aspirin and compression socks today and am currently wearing my tightest leggings.

Keep up the great work everyone! I'm behind a bit but still trying to read everything. Still doing most of my habits. My new recipe was skinnytaste cheesy mac, basically ground turkey with tomato sauce and cheese. Not bad but I made it for the friend that I made quarantine for two weeks before letting him come over then he ended up taking care of me for two days, he loved it so it's the least I could do. Just need to sit to prep everything next time.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Cornanda - Hugs on the number! I know you wanted a different one.

Hang in there, and remember to be kind to yourself! You had such a big week with your family. My guess is that if a friend had all that going on, you'd hug them. So maybe look for some healthy ways to be kind to yourself. And look for things to celebrate, even if it's things like "stopped eating the cookies when there were still some in the box." Wherever you are at.

Since you are interested in the Tiny Habits, I'll tell you that I am kinda excited about a new live series of webinars that's happening starting next Monday. You might be, too, so posting here:
    Info: https://www.tinyhabits.com/expert-help
    Pearl Habits™ with Linda Fogg-Phillips: Creating beauty from life's challenges with courage, strength, and resilience (Pearl Habits are Tiny Habits that you create in by taking something that's irritating you and use it as a reminder or prompt for something positive.)
    Mon, Wed, Fri ; starting 5/25; 11am PDT; free; sessions last 20 minutes

Podcast I am listening to this morning:
    https://www.fasterwaytofatloss.com/blog/2019/12/27/how-tiny-habits-lead-to-big-changes
    gvrrsa86cwk8.gif
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm glad maybe you have figured it out. Knowing the problem is half the solution

I think it's great you are doing what you can.

Hey all will try to post more this weekend. I've been doing well with the other life things I'm working on but still very limited with how much exercise I can do.

Bike was a bust. Neck seized up for about 24 hours. So at least I gave it a shot.

Boy I miss being like 24!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 3 weigh in Thursday (21May2020)
    Previous weight: 182.4
    Current weight: 182.9

Hi gang! Boyohboy - I am so far behind. I apologize that I have been mostly absent! I was visiting family and am now back and hopefully to become more engaged again.

Well - this trend says to me that what I have been doing for the last month or so(ish) is maintaining. I do still want to lose and I was thinking that I need to find the right balance of 'girl stops counting calories meets girl who eats light enough to lose weight without counting calories.' That was easier in the beginning when that was a new concept and now....now, I need to fine tune that.

Read - I need to eat less to lose more weight. Oy, some lessons just keeping coming back.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09, welcome back!! I have missed your posts. Most insightful about needing to eat less food to lose more weight. Why ohhhh why can’t there be another way!! :#

@trooworld, haha! The puzzle is coming along but it’s a super slow process. I told DH that we are certainly getting our money’s worth. I might never finish it! :D

@AustinRuadhain, you asked, “What's a little something you could celebrate, big or small, this week?” I am very happy to report that I haven’t picked at my fingernails once in the last week and now I can actually see growth. My tiny habit was to put Emory boards everywhere that I sit in the house so that I can use it instead of picking or even worse, biting at them. You know it’s interesting how this one small success motivates me to be successful in other areas of my life. Hmm, could that be the secret all along! :o;)

@Cornanda, ((((Hugs))) OK, you and I have the same weigh-in day. We have six days until we have to report again. What do you say we seriously buckle down and see what we can do this week? Yeah, I know it’s a holiday weekend but even if we indulge it should only be one meal, right? And what about that meal. Can we maybe eat a little less of it? Can we exercise a little harder before we indulge? I’m going to push myself with the understanding that it doesn’t mean forever. It just means right now. I’m going to push myself for now and see if I can push myself a little more tomorrow. Are you with me!! We can end this month strong. I believe in us! B) Ohhhh and go listen to that podcast that @AustinRuadhain posted. I will listen to it in a little while and report back. ;)

Good morning! Yesterday, I spent several hours thoroughly cleaning my whole house and doing laundry. So, everything is done, and I can enjoy my weekend. Today, is the last day of week four Barre Blend and I can’t believe how much I’m still enjoying this program and how much better my balance has become. Now if I could be as disciplined with my diet as I have been with my workouts I would really be getting somewhere on this health journey of mine. I’m NOT giving up and like I told my sweet friend, Cornanda, this week I’m going to push a little harder and make this last week of the month count. I’m not going to have an “all or nothing” attitude. I’m going to have a “not right now” attitude. That could work, right? :)

EDIT: I just received this from a friend from another group that I am in and I thought it was just too good not to share. Especially in light of what I just wrote above.

Chasing Cupcakes by Elizabeth Benton

Transformation is not a journey you pursue, transformation is now. Change happens in any moment you choose it. Transformation is a decision not a destination. Excellence is not an aspiration, excellence is the next five minutes. Excellence is an opportunity that exists no matter what you are doing in the next five minutes. Transformation is a present choice, not a future outcome. You don't have to earn it, you have to choose it and every choice is a chance. When you plan to do better tomorrow, you miss the chances in front of you today. When you see change as something that exists in the future, what you don’t see clearly is the opportunity to choose change now. You don’t take responsibility for the work that presents itself today because who and how you want to be is out on the horizon of your life.

Transformation is Now means you can be different right now. You need to be. This is when change happens. NOW not tomorrow. This next moment is your chance. This next meal is your chance. The next moment is your opportunity. No choice is too small to make a difference.

km9v40dket5o.jpg

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 3
    Saturday
    PW: 195.8
    CW: 195.0

This is my last weigh in before surgery. Thank you for letting me stay on as a cheerleader :smile:
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    New scale! Starting benchmarks over

05/23
    Check In : mrmcgrath
    Official weigh in
    Day 5/22
    Weigh in : week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Today’s weight: 192.8

Posting this now and will get on later to read everyone’s updates.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,065 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Congrats on picking up the phone to make that call, sometimes it can be so intimidating to make a phone call, I get it! Woo hoo! My NSV is not eating the mini Reese's peanut butter cups that are in the freezer calling my name. I looked at the note on my refrigerator that said, "Thank you for eating healthy today" and that squelched the urge lol. I felt too guilty to eat them! :)

@Katmary71 Pets are the best at comforting us when we are feeling low. I'm sorry you are having a tough time and are in pain. I hope you find some relief soon. <3

@its_cleo I'm sorry the bike was a bust. How's your neck now? That sounds painful.

@TeresaW1020 Well, that's good you are getting your money's worth lol! And that's great you haven't picked your fingernails, WTG!

Friday
    Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Yoga or walk, 52+ oz of water.
This discussion has been closed.