MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,015 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! It is relaxing to do artwork. How's that puzzle coming along? ;) Grilled hamburgers and corn sounds delicious! I think we are having Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas yum.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk at the lagoon
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: rest day, 52+ oz of water
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,015 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN DAY
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 233.2
    Todays Weight: 231.0
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    🎈 Happy Saturday morning, Slimpossibles! 😎 I hope it is a GREAT rest of the weekend for you and your health goals! 😊💦🏃🍎🥗

Oh, man! It has been a crazy week in Austin-land! So glad to be taking the time to catch up on posts here. 💖
    nz104mkz4vhl.gif

@raleighgirl09 - So SO sympathize with losing a post! So frustrating, in the moment! 👐
    (That has happened to me several times of late. Me? MFP? Who knows, but I think it has been both! Will persist! FYI, I have been catching this morning up by writing my responses in a separate doc so that I could not lose them if MFP/I goofed. )

Hey @bethanie0825 - Welcome back! Hurray for that trip! And I hope work went smoothly last night! 👐

@vegan4lyfe2012 - A big HURRAY to surgery going well! 😊
    And this -- all this -- is so impressive!
    I prepared large batches of healthy foods ahead of time - "beefy" mac, brown rice, tri-color quinoa, roasted chickpeas, red pepper sauce, and tahini sauce. My daughter has prepared me yummy, good food and I was actually just under calories yesterday. Gonna keep the momentum going since it's too difficult for me to roll into the kitchen on the knee scooter
    Food prep ahead of time! Super helpful support! Under calories for the day!
    And the "too hard to roll into the kitchen" comment just made me laugh out loud! Way to go, finding that silver lining! You are the poster girl for awesome attitude! 👍🏽

@lcloopy - Wlelcome!This is a super great group for staying engaged. I have lost over 100 pounds on MFP and reached my goal, and I still participate in Slimpossibles because the support and accountability are just so fabulous. And it is so SO great that you already understand the value of tracking food and exercise.

@justkris_gettingfit - Woohoo! So glad you found the group! Hopefully we can be a great resource for you to lose the weight and keep it off! (The group has definitely been that for me, for what it's worth!)

@trooworld - 😮 Wow! Your art is just gorgeous! 🤩 The flowers and colors just make me so happy! 🌻
    Do report back on the walk at the lagoon. That sounded like it was going to be so lovely!
    In case it inspires you, I'll point you at https://creativemornings.com/ . They have been doing all kinds of live Zoom events for creative people of all kinds. Check it out? Maybe something will help feed that artistic soul?

@mrmcgrath - I thought I was a data junkie, but your spreadsheet suggests new levels for me. WOW! So cool! 😮

@TeresaW1020 - Hurray, Captain Teresa! Great weigh-in! Woohoo! 🥳
    ANd YAY YOU for pushing away that bowl of candy! That is so SO great! 👍🏽💪🏾

@davors19 - Hurray for holding steady this week! 👍🏽

@raleighgirl09 - Hey, Maria! Two posts from you in a day -- what a treat! 💖
    Ooooh, big yes to those walks with sultry warm breezes! My husband and I have been enjoying those most evenings. 🍃
    So SO awesome that you had such a great on-plan day! 👍🏽
    And I am SUPER flattered that you thought of me while delcuttering! 😃
    I am reminded that about 10 years ago, my husband and I both tended to resist emptying the dishwasher. One day, brilliant guy that he is, he TIMED how long it took. It was about 3 minutes. He was SO excited! Like, he could get this thing done almost before he knew it. We both laughed so hard that we had been resisting this tiny task. Our dishwasher has been emptied promptly ever since!
    do I seriously need to be out of a job AAAAAnd fatter? Good Grief...NOPE!! => Now is the time to take this uninvited time and make good use of it!!
    THIS! I so get this! What an inspiring way to think about this time!

@gwamajtw91 - Hurray for your WIN! You have had some attention to your goals if you have kept from gaining, I suspect. And SUPER DOUBLE YAY for noticing when you were teetering and needed to pay attention and change direction! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

fbh5eau15pw7.jpg

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    WEIGH-IN DAY
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in week: 4
    Previous Weight: 233.2
    Todays Weight: 231.0

BOOM! Way to go, ending May on such a strong note! What a fabulous weigh-in! And look at you edging up on the 220's -- super exciting!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Username:Digger61
    Previous Weight: 205
    Todays Weight: 205
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Check-In
    FRIDAY: 🟢
    Overall, it was a good day! 😀
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Friday Goals 🟢
    - Platform stepping or YouTube or Walking - 45+ min ✔️ More marching/walking than stepping as I had tired legs. Jenny Ford Las Vega, Tetons and Milwaukee marching/walking videos, plus some stepping while watching America's Test Kitchen.
    - Bonus workout - 15+ min 🟡 Did extra over the 45 minutes, bu not a full 15 more.
    - Weights 🟢 Sydney Cummings arms.
    - Tiny Gardening Habit (pull at least one weed!) ❌
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Get at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ✔️ Just 6 items left on the list!
    - Scary-Behind-Project #2 - Conference - Not doing this today. Will concentrate on project #1 and get back to this tomorrow!
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ✔️ Super glad I did this! It was, oddly, a high point of my day. I almost gave up, almost gave in to, "I won't do enough" and then did just a TINY bit and genuinely celebrated. It was a victory over inertia and clutter!
    - Housecleaning ✔️
    - Reach out to friends ✔️

SATURDAY Goals
    So far, so good! 🟡😀
    Saturday Goals
    - Platform stepping or YouTube or Walking - 45+ min ✔️ Did Jenny Ford May 23 Step Aerobics Basic w/3 Combos and had a lot of fun.
    - Bonus cardio and/or stretching and/or yoga ⚪
    - Weights ⚪
    - Tiny Gardening Habit (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️⚪⚪⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Get at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project #2 - Conference - N/A Not doing this today unless I finish #1 and still have time. Will work on this tomorrow.
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Housecleaning ⚪
    - Reach out to friends ✔️
    - Do something off the Ideas for a Happy Healthy Weekend list above

@digger61 -- Hurray for holding steady! How are you doing? Feeling well? I hope so!

@Deadpheonixrising - Wow! Great weigh-in this week! Woohoo!
    So, please know there is no requirement for you to chat a lot on this group. Quiet people, for whatever reason they are quiet, are also a contribution. ❤️
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Last minute plea to fill some spreadsheet holes...

@Wishusdonna
    @raleighgirl09
    @mrmcgrath
    @veryhotmails
    @mlhopp93
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath OMG, is THAT a spreadsheet, wow! I'm seriously impressed!

@raleighgirl09 wonderful to see you back twice in one day and feeling stronger than ever!

@justkris_gettingfit welcome to the gang, great drop in weight!

@vegan4lyfe2012 glad your surgery went well, I was wondering how it went. How long is the recovery? HEY, if you need some chair workouts you know who to ask! My favorite chair instructor had surgery on her ACL so hers would probably be ok though they aren't easy, I made someone do one recently though he hadn't worked out in a long time and he was out-of-breath, I honestly was worried I'd killed him between that and yoga! I have other good instructors too, just like the one the best all-around, most are a little annoying so I listen to music while doing them. I have arm-only cardio too, though there's only a couple good ones on YouTube.

@lcloopy Welcome to the gang! Great goals, I'm a September baby too!

I'm so behind, welcome to all the new people joining our awesome team!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @deadpheonixrising Great weigh-in! I'm glad you said a little bit about yourself. It's been extra-hard right now to stay in routine, I've been fighting to keep things as normal as possible but sometimes it feels like I'm grasping at straws as they're being yanked away from me. Keep doing the best you can, you're obviously doing something right.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 5 - May 2020 Sunday
    PW 151.2 (68.6kg)
    CW 150.8 (68.4kg)

Lost - a little but put on during the week so back to last week's weight.

Eating less food but still eating cake just small slices. Will try eating less treats this coming week.

Ate more fried food left overs but 3 lunches just salad and hummus so ate less calorific foods.

No napping at all this week. I notice I'm hungry and then eat slowly.

Have been going for morning walks 45mins before breakfast.

Thankfully I haven't eaten a bag of chocolate for 2 weeks.

GOALS
    1. Write a postcard before wanting to snack on chocolate
    2. Say one thing I'm thankful for before eating a meal
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you. I'm really proud of myself for sticking with this despite everything that's happened this month.

@Katmary71 Keeping a routine is very hard at the moment, especially if you are living with other people who are requiring more from you socially. I hope that you know not getting everything you want to do done doesn't make you a failure and asking for a reasonable amount of time to yourself that other people can't encroach on is perfectly acceptable.
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being late.
    Weigh in
    Fridays
    Pw 233.7
    CW 232.6
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.