angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    6/2-12,255
    6/3-12,561
    6/4-11,381
    6/5-10,830
    6/6-12,582
    6/7-16,118

Major appology for my lack of presence on here. Im not at my main job where I can use my computer regularly. But I was scheduled at my 2nd job, but then they keep asking me to cover more shifts and offering an increasi in pay if I take them, so I have been working A LOT. and then yesterday, there was a no show, so I worked my day shift and covered the evening shift also, its been crazy, but great for my steps. I worked the past 5 days (2 of which were double shifts) Im off today, but dont have another day off until Sunday. I am exhausted, but Im making more at this job this month than my main job, and im off the last 10 days of the month because we are going out of town, so it is worth it.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    v6tnry8a4z9z.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR STEPPERS FOR THE MONTH OF MAY!!!

Our weekly winners were as follows:

Week 1--Kmfeig87 with 111,867 steps
    Week 2--Kmfeig87 with 99,851 steps
    Week 3--EmmaJHare with 103,393 steps
    Week 4--EmmaJHare with 110,027 steps

OVERALL, our Top 3 are:

1. Kmfeig87 with 395,884 steps!!!
    2. EmmaJHare with 388,240 steps!!
    3. Jax_Grim with 362,830 steps!

Great job to all who participated!!! WTG!
    Jessica
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/3 13,561
    6/4 13,562
    6/5 14,589
    6/6 16,139
    6/7 15,870

Almost the exact same number of steps on 6/3 and 6/4...Don't know if I could do that if I tried!
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Steps
    Sunday 6/7- 14140
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mynacha73 wrote: »
    mynacha73
    Mondays
    PW 198.6
    CW 197.9

I've been great on calories (1200-1400/day), great on macros, as good on exercise as I can be considering the lack of access to a gym (30 minutes walking/jogging in place + additional movement/weights at random times), and the scale barely moves. I had a good few weeks in late April/early May, but now it's just barely inching along. I'm trying to remind myself that it's heading the right direction. I haven't been under 200 in 5 years! But, I feel like I'm doing more work than the scale (or mirror/skinny jeans) is showing. And I'm bummed about it.

What are some NSVs that you all use when you are in plateau-land to keep yourselves motivated?

Hey there...good loss this week! You're doing an AMAZING job! But if you want to see things move a little more consistently, you have to shake things up. I wouldn't cut calories as it looks like you're in a good range there...but try something new with the walk/run routine...I have two ideas that seem to be working pretty well for me. 1. Try doing the 30 minutes like you're already doing, but also take your daily step goal up a little more...perhaps walk 5 minutes every hour between 8-3pm. OR 2. Take your 30 minutes up to twice a day or increase to 40 min.

You could be on a plateau, so one of these two ideas might shake things up...you could also try doing some of the walk aerobic routines available on Youtube.com (Leslie Sansone or there are others)...

Good luck and let us know what you did and how it worked for you! YOU GOT THIS!!! Welcome to Onderland!!! Must be amazing. May @mulecanter NOT join you anytime soon!
    LOL! :wink:

Jessica

Thank you for the cheering on! I'll try some of these suggestions and let y'all know next week.
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Arc130 wrote: »
    mynacha73 wrote: »

Oo, you're just a bit further along than I am. I'm hoping to break into Onederland in my next weigh-in. Don't be bummed! If you can see results in how you look and how you fit in your jeans then those are awesome victories! Some NSVs are how my clothes are fitting a little looser on me. How much easier it is for me to walk up a flight of stairs. How I can now do a couple of minutes of boosted walking with Leslie (I was unable to do it last month). How the space between the shoelace ties is narrower meaning my feet are getting slimmer. All good stuff!

I love those ideas. And the jeans definitely are too loose, but I'm not yet ready to buy a size down. Maybe next week.... I'll have to look into the Leslie Sansome videos.

I look forward to welcoming you to Onederland. It is nice to see that number on the scale. You'll enjoy it very very soon!
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi. Q for the steppers. Which pedometers are you using? I’ve just been using my iPhone as I don’t want yet another gadget. Anyone notice a major benefit of using a Fitbit or smart watch vs. just the phone?
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    UCGRocks wrote: »
    Hi. Q for the steppers. Which pedometers are you using? I’ve just been using my iPhone as I don’t want yet another gadget. Anyone notice a major benefit of using a Fitbit or smart watch vs. just the phone?

Hey there...I too used to use my phone, but got tired of the bulky thing being in my pocket all the time. I bought a fitbit and it counts more consistently as well. I've had two fitbits and just love them...but if your IPhone is all you have, it works ok too.
    Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options

The higher end devices also include heart rate monitoring. This gives a more accurate calorie burn than a step counter alone. I have used several devices. I currently have a Samsung smartwatch which I like, but have used Fitbit as well in the past. I would probably have stuck with Fitbit if it wasn't for an issue with their bands a few years back causing rashes.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/8: 10,173
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @simbersea Need your steps for 5/30 and 5/31 please.

@jenready Need your steps for 5/30 please.

Thanks!
    Jessica

5/30 6566
    5/31 13256
    Thank you!
  • simbersea
    Options

I used a Fitbit for years then last Christmas my husband got me the Apple Watch. I love it. It counts my steps, but for me the biggest thing is that I can wear it in the pool and it will count laps for me. I like to swim with my waterproof Apple shuffle for music, so now I can just swim and the watch will tell me when I have hit a mile (64 laps).

It can do this for any exercise- you set a goal and it lets you know when you reach it ( by calories, distance or time).
  • simbersea
    Options
    6/7 14,643
    6/8 5,899

My steps have been really inconsistent. I have Planters Faciatis in my left heel. It’s not an injury, it’s just a stupid annoying inflammation of an obscure muscle in your foot. It gets inflamed and your heel hurts. The cure is rest and stretching. But I HATE sitting around doing nothing. So as soon as it feels a little better I try to go back to my usual activities- and the next day I can barely put weight on that heel 😢. So frustrating. Has anyone here dealt with this? Any magic cures you can offer?
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »

The higher end devices also include heart rate monitoring. This gives a more accurate calorie burn than a step counter alone. I have used several devices. I currently have a Samsung smartwatch which I like, but have used Fitbit as well in the past. I would probably have stuck with Fitbit if it wasn't for an issue with their bands a few years back causing rashes.

Hey @Jax_Grim Good morning...I didn't like the original bands either...but I soon found that eBay and Amazon carry other bands, and my favorites are the ones with the magnets in them because they're SO easy to get off and on...AND they come in different colors and are fairly cheap (think I paid $8 each for mine)...I got a purple one (my favorite color) and a rose gold one.

Jessica
  • Arc130
    Options
    Arc130
    Steps
    Monday 6/8- 13012
  • Arc130
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    6/7 14,643
    6/8 5,899

My steps have been really inconsistent. I have Planters Faciatis in my left heel. It’s not an injury, it’s just a stupid annoying inflammation of an obscure muscle in your foot. It gets inflamed and your heel hurts. The cure is rest and stretching. But I HATE sitting around doing nothing. So as soon as it feels a little better I try to go back to my usual activities- and the next day I can barely put weight on that heel 😢. So frustrating. Has anyone here dealt with this? Any magic cures you can offer?

Hi there! I used to have Planters Faciitis in both heels. What helped me besides the stretching and rest is wearing good shoes. They are a bit expensive, but I wear the Vionics brand shoes. I have sandals (toe post kind) that I wear in the house and a pair of walking shoes (they look like sneakers) for outside. They also have a nice selection of casual and dressy shoes, but like I said they are a bit pricey.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    KCJen
    Sunday
    PW 231.2
    CW 230.6
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    6/8 steps - 12,192
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Arc130 wrote: »
    6/7 14,643
    6/8 5,899

Hi there! I used to have Planters Faciitis in both heels. What helped me besides the stretching and rest is wearing good shoes. They are a bit expensive, but I wear the Vionics brand shoes. I have sandals (toe post kind) that I wear in the house and a pair of walking shoes (they look like sneakers) for outside. They also have a nice selection of casual and dressy shoes, but like I said they are a bit pricey.

I have Vionics as well, but Birkenstocks also work well, as they have the right arches built in...I just added the gel insole to cushion the heel in them too. There are many choices now...try to stay away from the shoe stores like Good Feet or Foot Solutions as their markups are something like 250-300%...just ridiculous. With a little bit of research you can find good deals on your own. You can also get custom inserts for any shoes, but I didn't like the way they felt.

Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    6/7 14,643
    6/8 5,899

I had it years ago when I was training for a marathon. I went to a podiatrist and he prescribed a strong anti-inflammatory (horse pill) that knocked it right down. My wife had it too and ended up getting out-patient surgery. I'd look into the pill first.
This discussion has been closed.