DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have been binge free for a month now. That’s a huge for me. Binging was really holding back my weight loss. I hope to continue with this streak. It is not easy but I am determined.
    This IS huge! Congratulations on this!!! I struggle with binging too and I know how the compulsion hits. I'm really happy for you that you've been able to get through a whole month!

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Tuesday, June 16

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: Gym ( ❤️+💪🏻) ✅
    •Water: 3.259 L ✅
    •Steps: 9,259 ❌

Sorry for the late check in team. I had a busy day. Got up early for my workout then had to take my car in to the garage for a check. I also did my shopping took my sons tablet and phone in for repair and tried to do some housework that I’ve fallen behind on.

Yesterday was a bit of a tough day for me. It was my moms birthday and I struggled with binge eating and not moving. Other than my morning workout I did nothing at all but sleep on the sofa and eat. On days like yesterday I just don’t want to feel anything. If I’m asleep I don’t think of it and when I eat I’m focused on something else. I miss my mom so much. I wish I could hear her voice again.

I let myself have my bad day but got right back on it this morning. I had a pure cardio session at the gym which will be my new Wednesday routine. And have drank a lot of water and ate as healthy as possible. Even did much better with my snack times. Onward I go.

June goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Well what I thought was bad hayfever is in fact a chest infection! This year just keeps on giving!!!
    So not much eaten, lots of fluids ie black tea, black coffee and gallons of water. Due to having an awful barking cough. On antibiotics now and it's starting to break up. Not a good thing to get with being asthmatic.
    On the plus side I got a replacement fitbit, going back to work on Sunday and hubby is the best he been since his op xxx

Oh my goodness I’m so sorry you’ve been so Poorly with this chest infection. You certainly have had a rough year. I hope those meds kick in quickly and that you start feeling much better each day.
    6/15:
    Steps: 14,820
    Jump Rope: 0 minutes

I'm already slacking...so today...minimum of 15,000 steps and 4 minutes jumping rope (2 for today and 2 to make-up for yesterday).

I am hoping my gym will open soon. I find it way too easy to come up with excuses for not working out at home and I really miss the weights. I know that there are plenty of challenging body weight exercises to build strength, but it's just not quite the same.

Happy Tuesday!

Got your steps in. I am the same with home workouts. I really don’t feel like I give it my all when I’m working out at home. I do much better at the gym where my trainer keeps me accountable.
    Steps 15 June 10.459
    Steps 16 June 13.350

Gotcha!
    mellane30 wrote: »
    I think my body is rebelling. Hopefully things will even out soon.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 06/015/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: 211
    Current weight: 210.5

1/2 a Lb is a great loss. It can’t always be huge losses. Sometimes our bodies need to to adjust with what’s going in before it can start dropping lbs again. Keep doing what you are doing it’s working!
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday

Week 3 weigh In

CW - 172.2
    PW - 172.8
    GW - 145

This last week was another good one. I stayed on track and lost about half a pound which is my goal.

I am so pleased you had another good week. Keep up the great work ❤️
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    6/16- steps 7521

Gotcha! I think I may be missing your steps for Sunday. Or maybe I just missed them. If you already gave them I apologize. Would you mind giving me that number again?
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for Monday, June 15th: 11,349
    Tuesday, June 16th: 2,749 I left it on the dumb charger again!!

I’m a little bummed today. I don’t think I’m going to win my dietbet next Tuesday. I have 6 days left to lose 3.2lbs. I know I can and have lost that in a week, but it’s just frustrating that I keep having great weeks and then nothing weeks. I’m not shocked to see barely any movement on the scale right now due to my cycle but it’d be a total fluke if I do end up making it. I started logging 8 weeks ago and if I average it out I’ve lost 2.2lbs a week overall. I know I shouldn’t be upset about this but my dietbet was only 8.8lbs and I felt like that was very attainable. I should probably go to bed; it’s 1am here and I’m probably just overtired and cranky. 🤷‍♀️

Got your steps. I hate when I forget my Fitbit! 😡. I feel naked without it. Well even if you aren’t feeling like you will achieve your diet bet goal I’ve got my fingers crossed for you. You’ve done great whatever the outcome.
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 44 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 6/16 11,940

I have been binge free for a month now. That’s a huge for me. Binging was really holding back my weight loss. I hope to continue with this streak. It is not easy but I am determined.

I walked already this morning as soon as I got up and I will do another walk inside later today. The heat and humidity is back here so early morning walks are the only option right now.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk minimum 45 minutes
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Bed by 10 pm

Amazing Linda! What an achievement. Congratulations on 1 month of no binging! So inspiring!

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    6/16
    Steps: 17,518
    Jump Rope: 4 minutes (I know I've been slacking because I am sore today)
  • leeniekat
    Options
    Whoops, I forgot that it's Wednesday! :D

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 215.2
    Current weight: 213.6
  • leeniekat
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a tough day for me. It was my moms birthday and I struggled with binge eating and not moving. Other than my morning workout I did nothing at all but sleep on the sofa and eat. On days like yesterday I just don’t want to feel anything. If I’m asleep I don’t think of it and when I eat I’m focused on something else. I miss my mom so much. I wish I could hear her voice again.

I let myself have my bad day but got right back on it this morning. I had a pure cardio session at the gym which will be my new Wednesday routine. And have drank a lot of water and ate as healthy as possible. Even did much better with my snack times. Onward I go.
    My heart breaks for you missing your mom. I'm glad you were able to give yourself a day to just be. Sometimes that's the best we can do. It's fantastic that you were able to get back to your routine today. <3<3<3
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    6/14-3538
    6/15-10970
    6/16-7529
    6/17- 10006
    Steps
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Wednesday, June 17

•Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Gym ( ❤️❤️❤️) ✅
    •Water: 2.500 L ✅
    •Steps: 21,425 ✅

Good morning team! It’s a new day and I think It might be another busy one. I have just done my workout and had my breakfast and I’m ready to get the day started. I have to go do some shopping again as I seem to have forgotten half my list yesterday. I also have to start cleaning upstairs today and will have to start clearing out some boxes downstairs. The move isn’t too far away now and I need to get myself organized.

The scale is not looking good at all. I’ve had a spike this week and I can’t seem to make it come down. It’s extremely frustrating but I will not stop trying. Never giving up.

June goals:

• mari_moulin
    Options
    6/16
    Steps: 17,518
    Jump Rope: 4 minutes (I know I've been slacking because I am sore today)

Got your steps in. Very impressive jump roping!

Congratulations on your loss this week! Keep up the great work 💪🏻
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    6/14-3538
    6/15-10970
    6/16-7529
    6/17- 10006
    Steps

Gotcha!

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Steps 17 June 11.475 steps
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm still having lots of issues with my weight. I'm giving it all. I'm even going through some big difficulties and still on my diet. Yesterday even though I knew it was going to rain like crazy I went for that walk. I arrived home completely wet rain-showered but trots op mijzelf
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    It's time to celebrate June 18th! This week's challenge is only today - so hop right on over and join the party
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10800761/special-day-june-18th-celebrate-for-the-heck-of-it-challenge#latest
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options

Well done on the loss! You are doing amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Wednesday, June 17

•Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Gym ( ❤️❤️❤️) ✅
    •Water: 2.500 L ✅
    •Steps: 21,425 ✅

Good morning team! It’s a new day and I think It might be another busy one. I have just done my workout and had my breakfast and I’m ready to get the day started. I have to go do some shopping again as I seem to have forgotten half my list yesterday. I also have to start cleaning upstairs today and will have to start clearing out some boxes downstairs. The move isn’t too far away now and I need to get myself organized.

The scale is not looking good at all. I’ve had a spike this week and I can’t seem to make it come down. It’s extremely frustrating but I will not stop trying. Never giving up.

June goals:

I can’t imagine how it feels to lose your Mom. Those special days must be tough. Lots of hugs!

Don’t worry about the scale. You are doing the right things and it will click. I love your determination.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I'm still having lots of issues with my weight. I'm giving it all. I'm even going through some big difficulties and still on my diet. Yesterday even though I knew it was going to rain like crazy I went for that walk. I arrived home completely wet rain-showered but trots op mijzelf

Whatever you do don’t give up. That’s impressive to keep up with your diet even in trying times. I hope things get better for you. 🤗
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 49 minute and 22 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 6/17 12,073

I did my walk this morning when I got up and I may do another this afternoon. I always plan my meals for the next week on Thursday’s and do my grocery list. I need to get some cleaning done today. I have been finding it hard to get things done this week. I have not been meeting my bedtime goal and I am tired all day. I really need to work on this.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 45 minutes ✅
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Clean apartment
    5. Bed by 10 pm
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Everything is calming down here with our new furbaby. My diet still leaves something to be desired. I really need to start logging daily. My water intake is up. All in all doing better. I'm going to make 1 goal at a time from now on. I get too overwhelmed with too many.

Goal today:
    84oz water

6/14 13565
    6/15 3725
    6/16 17271
    6/17 6412
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 252.0
    CW: 254.6

Frustrating because I have been pretty good about weighing and logging- not so good on the workouts though. I kind of wonder if this gain isn't a bit of a delayed reaction. I expected a gain on the last weigh-in, but stayed the same. This time I expected a bit of a loss, and got the gain. Go figure😕? Oh well, better days ahead!

Happy Thursday!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    6/17
    Steps: 25,888
This discussion has been closed.