WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    bburrer30 wrote: »

@bburrer30 I've got to get myself to the Mackinaw bridge one day. My brother-in-law and sister talk about it all the time as he's from over there. He lives here in Canada now but they talk about the first time my sister drove over it in high wind. The stories!

It would be a good trip. I have so many memories of it as a child. In mackinaw city you can go parasailing and see the bridge. If your not afraid of heights, it is very much worth it. Its beautiful. They have some really neat things to see around there too.

Even though I'm a bit afraid of heights, I've parasailed with a partner and was okay with it. Great idea, thanks!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Steps....

Sun- 12,918
    Mon- 11,158
    Tues- 6,644
    Wed- 13,114
    Thurs- 9,282
    Fri- 10,282
    Sat- 11,820

Wow, great stepping!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @JillyBT I'm so sorry about all of this. Please reach out at any time. I fear we're going to lock down again too. I was talking to someone at a restaurant nearby, where I pick up supplies without having to go into crowded stores, and he is thinking that they will go back to just groceries rather that have so many young people out on their patio. I shake my head. I know what you mean when you talk about your situation in the sandwich generation. So difficult. Stay strong, stay healthy, big hugs. Lisa and I are just a message away.

@hope002 @timibotkin @bburrer30 So many steps and lots of them in the most beautiful scenery. Have you heard of forest bathing? It's good for the soul and your health.

@hope002 Gorgeous ~ not the scenery, you!

@KristieJC Look at you go! Welcome to Onederland.

@minstrelofsarcasm What a great Monday off! Hope you achieved your vitamin D fix.

@GingerPwr Way to play the front nine! Awesome day.

@Cafelelia I'm not complaining either. If anyone in Canada does, I just remind them that in January, if someone said, I can grant you one wish and it would be to stand in a heatwave in July, what would they do? It's like getting off a plane in the tropics. Then again, my air conditioning is working. LOL.

@Mrsbell8well Stop it with the menus. I'm racing to catch up here. Kidding. What a great set of pictures. Everyone looks so relaxed and happy. Love, love, love the under-the-table scene. A flip flop kicked off, a contented dog, a pedicure, and a napkin that didn't get picked up. Relaxation!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry have been MIA, been a bit of an up and down week. Hoping to get back to posting/logging properly.

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    Week - 2
    PW - 179.6
    CW - 178.0
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    @kristiejc look at you in ONERLAND!

Thanks!

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Back to the work thing. I missed my workout today solving problems and almost ordered pizza. But, @minstrelofsarcasm, the fates would have it that when I went to pay, their site didn't work. I typed in my credit card and pushed submit four times. Then I thought, I have rainbow trout and asparagus. What was I thinking?! That computer glitch saved the day.

Night-night everyone!

Seems like the universe is on BOTH of our sides right now. Rainbow trout and asparagus sounds incredible - hope it tasted good!

I may have pushed myself a bit too hard yesterday trying to get that Vitamin D fix. Rather than being a delicious golden brown, I must have accidentally ordered the spicy version, because oh man do I have a sunburn. Which is just the icing on the cake, given how sore my muscles are today. Fully expecting some water retention. May have to do some stretching and/or foam rolling to reduce some of the bloat today.
  • KristieJC
    Options
    Does anyone else think the calorie burns in the app are overstated? I just did 15 minutes of step and 20 of Tae Bo (not including warm up and cool down) and that logged at over 500 calories. I don’t think so.
  • KristieJC
    Options
    Correction: nearly 500
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - 5 km walk, 11,952 steps
    Another hot day yesterday, but I am not complaining. Almost all of my guys are back home now. Just my younger son is still with my mom, and he is may stay most of July because why not get spoiled by grandma?! Tomorrow is my older son’s birthday, so I am making a cake later today. Usually, he has a sleep over with friends, so it is another thing that feels weird and different this year.

@kristieJC - I do think that calorie burns are overstated sometimes on MFP depending upon the activity and also, because it can be hard to match your individual pace with the MFP activity listed. It depends on the activity. Walking on MFP, if I match the pace right, is pretty accurate. Things like HIIT, not so much. Syncing my Applewatch or Garmin gives me better accuracy for sure.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Hope that you feel better soon. You look very fair in your photo, so you really need to wear (and reapply) that sports sunscreen!

@podperson1 - Fantastic loss!

@hope002 - Lovely flowers and you are looking great!

@1theresamcvean - It is so exciting that you are launching your business soon! Keep us posted & good luck!

@mrsbell8well - Lovely photos and it looks like so much fun, even though you had to change plans!

@jedaschultz - Wtg, you are staying in onederland!

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    07/06 steps 11162
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I hope to get back on here and catch up either later today or tomorrow morning. I have missed a lot here. Not the best 5 days and I am up a couple of pounds so I need to get back into my routine. It was hot and humid when I got up so no kayak. I may see how things go and go after dinner and go out and get some exercise. If not, I am going to at least do a Leslie Sansone tape and my PT and strength. Jim and I are meeting his brother and wife for lunch. I really wish we could cancel, it is so hot outside and we are doing outdoor dining. I plan to order the healthiest option, hopefully a salad, and eat until I am satisfied not full. That is the last of my social obligations for now. I did go a little overboard these 5 days but at least I did learn that I need a better plan. I can't be in vacation mode like everyone else. I thought I had a good plan but apparently not very realistic. I think that this week and weekend are going to be quiet here so it will be a little easier to stick to my plan. Nicole is staying with me the rest of the summer and her husband will join us on weekends. Mary Kate has a job down here on weekends so she will be down to work. Other than that, I just have my other kids and niece stopping by when they have off. Jim has been down about a week which is long for him. He will probably go back this evening after dinner. He likes to come down on weekdays when it is quieter. Ok-time to get back to business. Like I said earlier, I will catchup with what you are all up to too. Have a great day everyone!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    as9tp7omf60l.jpeg

Birthday cake is complete! I have hidden it in the basement refrigerator. I have hockey player figurines and nets to decorate it for tomorrow! And no, I did not make the figurines from modelling chocolate. I bought them from Amazon!

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    not sure what you mean by team support or weight loss team?
    I would start next week, weigh in on Thursday. I don't remember when I last weighed in or what my weight was at the time. I am currently at 160 so plan to start with that. Either choice is OK with me.

That chocolate cake looks delicious! Of course you would use hockey figures to decorate. Do the boys like anything else! ;):p
  • KristieJC
    Options
    @Cafelelia - I did not see chocolate cake. Nope. Carrots and celery and blueberries and no cake. I will not think about chocolate cake.

Yeah, bris is not working.
  • KristieJC
    Options
    Oops. This is not working! Haha. My bifocal contacts are not getting the job done.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I still haven't caught up on all your posts. Had a catch up with my Dr re my migraine meds on Monday and he has adjusted them, if this doesn't work then I'll need to come off all my meds and transition to a different one - not looking forward to that, so fingers crossed I won't need to. Of course, I hate being on any meds, but not as much as I hate migraines and permanent neve pain.

I'm really feeling the impact of Covid at work now, I am the only person left in what was a team of 4. I have a freight train of work headed straight for me, and everything is deadline driven.

Food wise I've been okay - right around calories each day but not exercising because of migraine and nerve pain. Hoping to get some gym time this evening, body permitting.

This discussion has been closed.