WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    @sleepymom5 you have a pool ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜sign me up for decorating anything you want ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    @1theresamcvean no grow light for my violets. I have a big skylight in my master bathroom and it gets a lot of light
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    07/08 steps 16208
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 193.2 ?
    Cw 193
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Not sure why it posted sideways. The picture was upright. ๐Ÿคจ
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 193.2 ?
    Cw 193

You're back in the losing zone. Your previous weight is correct. That must feel good!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Happy Thursday peeps!

Yesterday was a pretty active day. Went out to practice on the driving range and ended up playing a full round with the Hubs. Then we got home and played ping pong with our youngest for a couple of hours.

Food wise, I was okay until the evening (my typical pattern). We got home late from the golf course so we picked up a pizza. Not feeling very good about myself for that choice, but I have to own it as a choice.

Got to my 80 oz of water, so that's good.

Wednesday steps: 15,114

@hope002 I'd love to pick your brain some about IF. I'll message you once we're back from our vacation!

@nstephenson01 Nice loss! Keep that momentum going!

@Cafelelia I think my original goal weight was 130, but I feel good where I am right now. I just want to keep eating healthy and stay active at this point. I think my maintenance range should be 133 - 137.

Keep up the great work, everyone! Stay bright and shiny today!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Tuesday Check in
    Food - logged and on target
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 20 min walk, 45 min walk and PT

I am just going to say PT as I don't do the strength and stretching without the PT. It is just easier to write. I had another good day yesterday. Nicole and I are trying to make it a habit to take a walk on the beach after dinner. It has still been so hot and humid even in the evening. It is nice on the beach with the ocean breeze, it is just the walk to and from it. It is nice to take a shower after, have a cold drink and read my book. That is my motivation to go when it is hot lol! Whatever works right?
    Today I just have to go grocery shopping quick, we don't need much as we aren't having any visitors this weekend except Nicole's husband Brian. It will be nice to relax and to get stuff done around here that I usually do in the spring before people start coming down. Enjoy the day everyone!

@Cafelelia I hope your son had a Happy Birthday! I guess it has been hot in the evenings by you too since your run was in the evening. That's the worst when it isn't even cooler in the evening.
    @1theresamcvean Whoo hoo! Congrats on over 30 lbs lost!! Plus the inches lost and all those NSVs! You certainly have been working hard to get there! I am glad your daughter is getting in to have her surgery soon. I don't understand why they send people home before they are ready. It is crazy and setting people up to fail who do not have strong brothers to carry them up the stairs I am sure you would be a great nurse, it is different when the patient is your child. I worked in the ICU with a nurse whose child was choking and she just ran on her front lawn with her child and cried and a neighbor ran over and did the Heimlich. She was such a competent nurse so I was surprised but she said there was just something about doing it to your own child. Sending prayers and hugs.
    @hope002 It is so nice of you to share your amazing progress and be a source of information for all of our IF questions! I am still plugging along at 14:10 but I am still working on consistency. It still amazes me I can do it at all. I always thought I had to eat first thing in the morning
    @tryingagain5 I do much better with tracking too. Hopefully with that and adding in the harder workouts you will get back into your groove. I actually think you seem to be doing much better than you were. I felt like we were losing you and now I feel like you are working on getting back into your healthy routine. You are doing great! I am glad to hear that your church is opening back up. I know you missed it although your pastor seemed to do a lot to keep you all engaged. It is nice for you to pitch and help get them set up. I am sure you will be burning some extra calories with that too!
    @kirsten11872 That is an awesome loss for June! I don't know if I ever lost that much in a month. I am glad that you are back in your groove and doing so well!
    @KristieJC Those look good! I have to go into Philadelphia to go to a Sprouts, hopefully we get one in the suburbs at some point. Good idea to have something healthy to grab when you want a snack.
    @ljdanny Nice loss! The scale is moving in the right direction! Hopefully I can say the same tomorrow!
    @nstephenson01 Back into the 160s! Nice loss!
    @GingerPwr I know you are always doing kick butt workouts but I really love your ping pong games. I feel like your family may be a little competitive? I love that you have such a fun, family activity that you all seem to enjoy and do often.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    week 2
    PW: ?160?
    CW: 162.2
    TL: 17

Don't understand that, my weight yesterday was 157 I know I didn't gain 5 pounds in one day!
    I certainly didn't eat enough and didn't have much salt either.
  • 1theresamcvean
    pacsnc6
    week 2

Don't understand that, my weight yesterday was 157 I know I didn't gain 5 pounds in one day!

Oh dear, that's frustrating. But as you noted, it can't be five pounds in one day. I've noticed that the heat and humidity is causing me wider daily fluctuations. How is your weather?
  • 1theresamcvean
    p9irfk6xfqsf.jpeg
    Birthday cake with hockey figurines & so many candles. Like a true teen, bday boy does not allow uncool mom to post photos of him!

Fantastic! I love this cake. Did he turn 15? Next year he can drive you to Niagara on the Lake.
  • 1theresamcvean
    @Cafelelia I looked for the Bobo's Coconut Oat Bites and they seem to have them at MEC and Well.ca. They must be healthy. I'm going to look at Herbs & Nutrition nearby first to support a local store. I seem to recall that the owner's mother has or had the store Qi on Roncesvalles.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    pacsnc6
    week 2

Oh dear, that's frustrating. But as you noted, it can't be five pounds in one day. I've noticed that the heat and humidity is causing me wider daily fluctuations. How is your weather?

@1theresamcvean @pacsnc6

Heat often leads to greater water retention as the body anticipates needing to sweat (I think through the aldosterone hormone which tells the kidney to hold onto more water, but I'm not a doctor, so I could be remembering my biology class incorrectly). Heat acclimatization reduces the impacts of heat stress, so those few extra pounds are surely worth it!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
    yes it is hot and humid here in NC so you are probably right about the gain. I walked down the street a couple times yesterday so it added some water weight I guess.
This discussion has been closed.