WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 - I will get you added to the weight loss team with a Thursday weigh in & starting weight of 160. Team support is just cheer squad & you don’t need to weigh in.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi everyone ~

Sorry for not checking in until now. I'm up to my eyeballs with the website launch. It's exciting although I had forgotten how many things pop up that take forever to solve. This business launch has been one solid year in the making and just me and my business partner, Dawna, have been working on it. Well, aside from a very part-time graphic designer and developer. All this while the street continues to be ripped up and replaced. The noise!

Yesterday, to take Xavy for a walk, I had to walk over a gangplank to get to the road. I think it was a 2 X 6. I'm going to have to retrain him that we can't walk on the road when the construction and Covid are over.

The heatwave here is pretty intense. It's like a wall of humidity out there right now at 10:30 p.m. The heat!

When I walk Xavy, he sits down and looks at me like, "I'm not going anywhere!" Wendy, my international student is still here. Her flights continue to be canceled. She's a good sport though.

I was at my lowest weight today, 147.5 which is 29.9 lbs lost. But, of course, it goes up and down each day and I'm okay with that. It's like a lottery each morning and I kind of look forward to it unlike when I'm not on a roll. The psychology of the scale is enlightening.

@hope002 Your flowers and you are looking spectacular. Beauties! I keep thinking of your African Violets in the eggshells and would love to attempt that. Do you have special grow lights or anything? You are a master gardener. I like your no food before noon rule when vacationing. I wondered how that worked for you. You look strong and sleek in your timelapse pics

@podperson1 Great loss today!! We were twins in our 1.6 lbs down today. Too bad it wasn't my weigh-in day. That must have felt fantastic for you. I hope this week continues to be more up than down. Big hug.

@minstrelofsarcasm Ouch! A sunburn. Have you ever tried Solarcaine or Lidocaine spray? It works wonders. It's good to have in a first aid kit anyway because it also works on steam burns or any other common burn. It's a topical anesthetic. Sweet relief. I'm very fair and do not respond well to the sun. I keep a can of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer spray in my bag. It goes on really dry and has SPF 60. No mess at all and quite a light can to carry.

@KristieJC I think the calories are often overstated. I try to look at other sources and blogs for the range of suggestions they offer. My Fitbit estimates much lower, so I have MFP set up to just take calories burned from Fitbit ~ both the step calories and the workouts. Then, I try not to eat more than half. Maybe you could set up custom exercises, not sure how that would work, but may be similar to custom foods.

@Cafelelia Wow! Such a lot of steps in this heatwave. Way to go! I agree with spending time with grandma. When I was little, I spent every minute I could with mine. Mmm, the cake. Hockey players will make things seem so cool. LOL.

@brown6267 Your steps are inspiring. I've got to step it up. Thanks for posting them daily. :blush:

@sleepymom5 It sounds like you've got the same weather that we do. Oppressive if you can't kayak. Maybe the heat will take your appetite away. I'm not sure it really works that way, but we can hope. It sounds like a lovely summer with the girls and the rest of the family, so enjoy!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I'm so sorry you're going through this with the pain. What happened with your co-workers? You're doing great staying on track with your calories through both of these issues. Calories are more important in terms of losing weight, and you're so strong a bit of time away from exercise will not hurt too much. When you come back to it, you may experience a kickstart effect. Hugs.

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in in days but have been keeping up with everyone's posts. Wow! Everyone is doing so well! And the photos! Lovely!

I'm back in the office this week. My doc said he thought it would be okay, even though we've had more than 350 new cases/day here...

We're having a pulled pork slider event tomorrow and we also include "homemade" cupcakes. I volunteered to make chocolate with whipped cream frosting. I bought a mix but will make the frosting from scratch. And then they asked if I would also make a dozen vegan (thinking of you @Mrsbell8well)...so, just pulled a batch of (Cherry) Jelly Donut Vegan Cupcakes out. Recipe says to just sprinkle w/ powdered sugar but I'll probably frost them. The jam didn't sink the way it was supposed to (that's what I get for using preserves and not jelly, but we don't use jelly...yuck!) but they look pretty good. I'll post photos in the am...

Have had a terrible headache all day and can't seem to kick it. Have some meditation-y things I can do at bedtime...see if those help...
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    Week Two

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.8 lbs (July 1st)
    CW (Current Weight): 167.4 (July 8th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 66.6 lbs

Status Report: This week has been a lot of returning to my old spin class routine, going for walks whenever the weather allows (and sometimes when it's a little too hot for comfort), and then snacking on all of the fruit that I impulse bought at the grocery store before it goes bad. They had cherries for less than $2/lb, how could I resist?!?!

Was I expecting that much of a drop this week? Absolutely not. I'm worried I won't be able to maintain that loss through next week, as I've been meandering around these numbers for a while now. I'll continue doing what I'm doing - maybe now is the time it all works out.

In other news, I have an MRI today, so wish me luck!

@minstrelofsarcasm Ouch! A sunburn. Have you ever tried Solarcaine or Lidocaine spray? It works wonders. It's good to have in a first aid kit anyway because it also works on steam burns or any other common burn. It's a topical anesthetic. Sweet relief. I'm very fair and do not respond well to the sun. I keep a can of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer spray in my bag. It goes on really dry and has SPF 60. No mess at all and quite a light can to carry.

@Cafelelia and @1theresamcvean - My sunburn isn't too bad. I have an overly large aloe plant growing in my apartment, and it's been a lifesaver for all sorts of ailments. Lucky for me, my mother is part Turkish, and it seems like her genes are overpowering my father's Scandinavian genes this year, so my tan is actually developing this year. I have a lovely tan line where my socks typically end.

• melaniedscott
    Options
    As promised. Will frost the jelly donut ones at work. My husband tried one. "THAT is a really good cupcake!"

Success! I needed one this morning.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Wednesday Weigh-in, Week 2
    PW: 212.5
    CW: 213.5
    +1

😦 I've been on track with cals (made up some overage with a couple big surplus days...exercising quite a bit...sigh. Head hurts too much to stress over it. Too tired...
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    Week Two

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.8 lbs (July 1st)
    CW (Current Weight): 167.4 (July 8th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 66.6 lbs

Status Report: This week has been a lot of returning to my old spin class routine, going for walks whenever the weather allows (and sometimes when it's a little too hot for comfort), and then snacking on all of the fruit that I impulse bought at the grocery store before it goes bad. They had cherries for less than $2/lb, how could I resist?!?!

Was I expecting that much of a drop this week? Absolutely not. I'm worried I won't be able to maintain that loss through next week, as I've been meandering around these numbers for a while now. I'll continue doing what I'm doing - maybe now is the time it all works out.

In other news, I have an MRI today, so wish me luck!

@Cafelelia and @1theresamcvean - My sunburn isn't too bad. I have an overly large aloe plant growing in my apartment, and it's been a lifesaver for all sorts of ailments. Lucky for me, my mother is part Turkish, and it seems like her genes are overpowering my father's Scandinavian genes this year, so my tan is actually developing this year. I have a lovely tan line where my socks typically end.

Lucky. When I burn, I'n crispy until it all peels off. I'm on my second burn of the year...
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    07/07 steps 6409
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia The cake looks delicious!
    @hope002 Seeing your progress makes me want to look into IF a little more. But I like being active and exercising early in the day, and I think I'd need to fuel up more... I guess I'll be researching!
    @Freeglerock Amazing loss!
    @minstrelofsarcasm Nice loss and good luck today with your MRI!

Okay, here we go
    Wednesday Weigh In
    Username: GingerPwr
    PW: 134
    CW: 134.5

I have been snacking again. Too many handfulls of peanuts. Too many small bags of chips. Too many rounds of pretzel thins with cheese or dip. Not enough water. At least I know what's happening and how to get back on track.

Next week I'll be at an Air B&B and I'm not sure if I can get to a scale. I might not be able to post a weigh in until next Friday once we're back. Aaaaaand I may want to switch to the goal weight group, because I'm not looking to lose more weight at this point.

Steps
    Sun: 17,814
    Mon: 9,460
    Tues: 8,229
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and over
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-2-20 min walk, 45 min beach walk, PT, stretching and strength.

Good day- I am back on track. I did eat too many calories but didn't over eat. That is good at least. It was too hot so I just got walking in but my steps were well over 13,000 which is good for me. Today should be another good day! I spent a lot of time responding to you all so I am going to end it here! Happy Wednesday!

Thank you Lisa @Cafelelia You jumped right in when there were changes to F2F and helped keep this challenge going. Thank you for doing all you did as moderator and all you do as team captain :)

@minstrelofsarcasm I am a little late but Welcome! I loved your intro and book marked your blog. I think you will fit in great here! Hope your MRI went well.
    @pacsnc6 Sending prayers and hugs xo. Glad that so far things are going well with the chemo. I think you are doing great with maintaining. I am wondering since you are doing so well with chemo, you haven't lost weight. You aren't having the nausea and vomiting that some people get. That is a blessing and I am praying it continues. I am sure this all is so hard to navigate but you are doing fantastic.
    @tryingagain5 I am sorry to hear the gym is closed again. At least you got in quick with the trainer and hopefully have a little plan to follow. I like the suggestion of putting the fork down. I eat too fast and that would force me to slow down and be more mindful when I am eating.
    @1theresamcvean I hope your daughter can extend her circle. I think it would be great for you to be able to help her especially with this new issue. Hugs to both of you! I am glad with everything going on she still has her sense of humor. I lol'd when she said she was doing crafts.
    @Freeglerock Not sure if this would be possible for you but I used to set an amount of steps per hour I wanted to do when I worked night shift. So maybe start with something do able-100-250 steps. (If you did 250 you would get 2,000 in 8 hours). You did great getting up to 9K by the end of the day though. You certainly made up for being inactive during the day. What a beautiful, fun beach day you had! Love the pics! Also nice loss! You are really doing amazing!
    @ProfDawnLee I need to start using that app again. I always stop when I start gaining because I don't like to see what it has to say Lol!
    @Cafelelia I am sorry to hear about your husbands cousin. It is sad that more can't attend funerals. We had a father of 6 die of cancer who was very active in our parish. They live streamed the funeral. Which is a great idea but I am not sure they would do it for everyone. They have made masks mandatory here too. Hopefully people will listen, this is getting frustrating how divided people are on this. I think it is good that Canada seems to be very cautious with reopening. Look at the states down here that opened so quickly. I was a little jealous of William in Houston because they were able to do things so quick and look at them now. They are back to the stay in orders. That cake looks delicious! That is what I think of when I think of cake! Yum!
    @Mrsbell8well My birthday is January 9th. Is yours the 7th of January or of July? Love the pics and love the shorter haircut. You have come so far! Also loving the pics from your picnic. Your parents are the cutest!
    @nstephenson01 I am sure that gain is due to pms, that weight will come right off. I was wondering how your neighbor has been adjusting with her husband being in a skilled nursing facility.
    @kumecyclingteam Love the new profile pic!
    @lennoncpa You stay off that website lady! Lol! (I never heard of it but googled it). Btw-now I have nut ads on MFP from going there! Lol!
    @lenka1 You are doing great!
    @GingerPwr Loved your post on July 4th about our options. You are an awesome team motivator! Enjoy your trip!
    @bburrer30 Love your new profile pic and the pic from the beach. Beautiful!
    @KristieJC What a beautiful story about your daughter. To think of someone her age giving all of her savings to help a dog that isn't even hers is just so heartwarming. I am sure you are a proud Mama! Welcome to onderland too! I just got here too. I agree, I think the MFP calorie burns are way over estimated. I ignore them as I don't eat back my exercise calories.
    @Zumba_Luvah I love your positive attitude. You have been doing so well.
    @timibotkin I am glad that the port is out. Hope you weren't in too much pain during or after the procedure. Hope things are going well. Love the camping pics, sounds like fun!
    @kirsten11872 Nice loss! Goodbye 170!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Nice loss even with all that is going on. I hope with the med changes you are starting to feel better by now. Sending hugs.
    @twyla77 Did you have snow? I forget how far up north you are!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Welcome to onderland. Now let's stay there! Lol! You have so much fun things going on. Good luck with the chicks!
    @ljdanny Sounds like you are getting good use out of your pool! What a fun weekend! Between the office, your new bed and the spare room, it is going to be like a whole new house lol!
    @hope002 what beautiful pics! You look amazing! I want you to come and decorate my decks and by my pool. It looks so relaxing. I just keep thinking of the pic you showed in the winter with the snow. It is hard to believe it is the same place!
    @JillyBT It is still important to take care of you even if you leave us. Try to pick at least one of the things you were doing. Even if it is just being sure you get enough sleep. You have a lot on your plate right now and you can't put yourself on the back burner. Please still check in. We will miss you.
    @podperson1 Nice loss! Hope things slow down a bit and you can check in.
    @melaniedscott Hope things are going well starting back at the office. Stay safe. I bet those cupcakes taste as good as they look! Yum!!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Tuesday Check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 30 min run (very slow in the evening heat)
    Yesterday was a good day. We had friends over for distanced socializing. I had only one glass of wine, which was even less than planned. Our backyard has turned into a gathering place/multi-purpose room, which is nice considering there are not many places to go. With masks now being mandatory in indoor public places, I am finding in my neighbourhood that many people are wearing them all of the time outdoors as well. Maybe they don’t understand the by-law, or maybe there are just thinking it is easier to keep the mask on all for the time. It is son #1’s bday today and I am letting him sleep in all morning. I have budgeted my calories so I can have a slice of that cake tonight!

@sleepymom5 - So happy that you are back on track! Big hugs for your kind words!

@gingerpwr - You are doing great and I think it makes sense to switch to goal weight at this point. Congratulations for making goal! How much have you lost overall? You are at my targeted goal weight, and you have definitely been a role model! Have fun on your vacation, and you can post your maintenance weigh on Friday or Saturday when you are back. For the Goal Zone list on the spreadsheet, it is not as critical to post your goal weight as it is for the Weight Loss team list. The Goal Zone is there to help you maintain, and then just in case a person gains past their targeted zone, they have the option to switch back to weight loss. When you have a moment, let me know what your targeted goal range is. It can be any range you choose.

@melaniedscott - That is just a small gain, and don’t stress too much. Just look forward and refocus. That baking is just so yummy looking!

@minstrelofsarcasm - Great loss! Good thing that your burn converted to a tan, and I laughed out loud about the sock tan line. Good luck with the MRI!

@hope002 - That is just a fantastic set of photos! You look great and are doing amazing! Are you at goal yet or soon?

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I really hope the med adjustment works, and also, that you feel well enough to exercise soon. Work sounds stressful too, and hope that you are able to manage through it. Because I now work for myself, I had not thought about the workplace and how there are now less people for the same or more work.

@KristieJC - You made me laugh! Next time I will post my baking as a spoiler so you have to click if you want to see it.

@pacsnc6 - We have you back on the weight loss team as requested. You post your first weigh in tomorrow.

• 1theresamcvean
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is a bit quieter...whoops, just as I said that a man in an orange vest walked up and started casing the joint. Now I hear that beep beep beep of some kind of machine entering the scene. What are the chances? Pretty high, you're probably thinking.

Update on Elisabeth's Knee
    She will have surgery next Thursday in a small private clinic in Don Mills, a quiet, bucolic neighbourhood in north Toronto where I envision everyone wearing a mask and washing their hands like the fine residents they must be.
    atruhd81ynoa.png

Luckily the ACL that was rebuilt a few years ago is intact and she only needs the two menisci (plural LOL) repaired again. They were done in that first surgery. This will be so much easier for her than the last surgery when my son had to carry her up to my master bedroom so I could nurse her during recovery. I still marvel that they send people home hours after surgeries like these. See my son here to know why I chose him to carry her upstairs.

I call this video, 'Phil Splaining Pushups to Me.'
    And about nursing her, I am the worst. I could never have been a nurse and almost passed out the first time I had to change the dressing. I think it was something about my firstborn having been scarred. I didn't expect such a long incision with industrial-looking staples. Now we refer to it as her 'crafting-injury scar' which is at the front of her knee and runs from a couple of inches above the knee cap to a couple of inches below the knee.

To our great relief, this time it will be a less invasive arthroscopic surgery. I just watched a video about it and feel very very woozy.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    @hope002 Seeing your progress makes me want to look into IF a little more. But I like being active and exercising early in the day, and I think I'd need to fuel up more... I guess I'll be researching!

Look into fasted cardio. Body is running 100% on stored fat. I know a lot about IF, I could help you get started
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @cafelelia my goal is 75kg. But I will stop when I see my abs 😁😁
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 2
    PW: 202.8
    CW: 204.8
    +2

I need to start tracking everything again. I find I do better that way. I guess I'm not ready to atop tracking yet.

I also need to get back to the harder workouts at home. I did my trainer 's jumping jacks workout yesterday and found it much harder than I remember it being, which tells me I need to do it more often.

I did a quick easy workout today since I'm going to help out moving things around at church. We're planning our first indoor service this Sunday. It will be the first time indoors since March.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    maintenance CW 156.6 overboard
    PW 152 ish
    Wednesday
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I'm a lot like you, Linda. I need to track because then I'm able to make better decisions. It helps me to be in tune with what I can eat so that even if someone offers me a cookie, I can eyeball it (because I've weighed and measured so many things in my kitchen every day), make a decision, and record it at home or on my phone. Sometimes I eat half and sneak the other half home and weigh it. What a nut.

Also, I really need my trainer but lately have been able to do his recorded sessions. I don't do one-on-one sessions though, just small group HIIT/boot camp over Zoom. He gives each of us feedback during the sessions and calls me every couple of weeks about form and goals.

That's great that you can get back to church. That's going to provide such peace of mind.

Here in Toronto, we just had a good thunderstorm. I wonder if it will take the humidity away.

Have a great day!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, hope you are doing well! I realized I have not posted in quite a while, other than my weekly weigh-in.

I am feeling really good! I have been on track, really sticking to plan for the past month or so. The only day I went off plan was 4th of July. I did not go crazy, but definitely ate more than I have been. I felt full & bloated, which I do not like.

I just completed a 2 day cleanse on Monday & Tuesday, I have a friend that sells Isagenix products, I have been drinking a shake as my first meal and followed their cleanse routine. It was not too bad & I lost 4 pounds in 2 days. I was very happy when I weighed myself this morning. I gained a few pounds over the weekend, I lost it all plus a little more. I am hoping I can maintain now that I am eating normal again, but still sticking to plan.

I have been strictly following 18:6 IF, which I think has been helping with my weight-loss. I definitely feel my age is affecting the rate I am losing, the way I have been eating & exercising, I should have lost 12 pounds at least, but I lost 9 in June, I can't complain.

I will try to catch up with everyone's posts, i am so far behind and completely out of the loop.

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer as best you can! :smiley:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @kirsten11872 I’m so happy to see you in your groove. You know what? Maybe don’t try to catch up. Just share your stories and jump right in where we are at today. You’re not the only one who has had some time out to focus on family or work or stuff during this unusual time. We just like you here. It’s totally alright just to pop by and say, ‘Hi!’ Maybe respond to just the posts on the page you’re on.

Big congratulations to you!
This discussion has been closed.