WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Night-night, everyone. I worked a lot today and then did housework because my granddaughter, Pippa, is coming tomorrow. Since the swings and slides are still off limits, I’m going to teach her how to roll down a grassy hill at Christie Pits park near here tomorrow. I’d also like to take her to her father’s favourite ice cream place from when he was little. It’s totally safe because you walk up to a window in a wall. It’s always been that way. I’ll catch up with you all soon. Big hugs to those trying so hard this week and high five to those in the zone. I’m in the middle.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Mrsbell8well
    Week 3
    Wednesday
    PW 156.6
    CW 153.8
    LTD 49
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    User ID: Freeglerock
    Week Number: 3
    Previous weight: 177.5
    Current weight: 179.0
    LTD: 39.5b

I gained 2lbs overnight!  I was good yesterday - ate to plan and got some exercise in.  Gain explained by TOM beginning to show itself, so will hopefully be back down by the weekend.  Gutted that this means end of the green streak! Anyway, biology is what it is!

Biology and genetics are kittens!
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Wednesday weigh in week 3
    PW: 213.5
    CW: 211.9

I'll take it but yesterday it was 211...😑. Sodium strikes again (had some very strange potato chips as an evening snack with my husband: Journey to India, Tandoori Barbeque flavor. I liked them...I think).

Toe is NOT broken. YAY! But it still hurts. I'll live.

Virtual conference started last night (just a meet and greet) and they've done some super cool stuff to encourage interaction & community. Awesome already & got to see my old roomie! Basically, when the conference is live, you can stay at the hotel OR you can stay in the dorms at the college and have randomly assigned roommates. The dorms are much cheaper. I work for state government, so...obvi, dorms...and every time I've gone, I've been SO lucky! Fabulous roomies! So much better than college!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,314 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    Week Three

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 167.4 (July 8th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.2 (July 15th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.8 lbs

Yep, I expected this. I'm still sore from all of my spinning (but I may go to a class today anyway, maybe, possibly...) which means I'm definitely retaining a decent amount of water. I've also had quite a bit of sugar recently, which tends to bloat me. But now that most of my sugary options have been devoured, I'm hoping that will help me through the next week. Still at a loss for this month anyway, so I'm satisfied, even if it's only a fraction of a pound.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    07/14 steps 12379
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    check in for Tuesday
    Food- logged and on target
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-2-over 20 min walks and 45 min walk and PT

Just a quick check in today. I am doing well. I am very happy with my attitude and progress this week. I really think so much of this is mental for me. I unfortunately did something to my knee yesterday. I don't know what. I stepped off a curb. I didn't twist or anything, so I don't know what happened. I have been resting it ever since and it does feel better but still not normal. Hoping that it will be feeling good enough to walk tonight but I am not going to push it.

Enjoy the day everyone! I will catch up with all of you soon. :)

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 2 walks, around 6 km total
    Yesterday was good, and it was nice to have a break from the heat wave, which is back today! I cleaned the last bits of the house yesterday and am now done. It is our last day with no kids and no big plans other than to rest tonight. I travel tomorrow to my mom’s house tomorrow for a long weekend and the boys will return home with me.

@sleepymom5 - Glad that you are doin well! I hope that you knee is ok and please it checked out if it persists.

@mrsbell8well - Great job with your weight loss and really like your chart!

@brown6267 - We are next to each other on the step chart and our steps are almost the same! It feels like we are stepping together!

@minstrelofsarcasm - You definitely did a ton of cycling so the water retention explanation makes a lot of sens. I love you attitude and you are totally right to look at your overall loss for the month or even a few months, rather than just one week.

@melaniedscott - Nice loss! Glad that your toe is not broken and that the virtual conference is going well!

@freeglerock - I am sorry about TOM, that gain and the loss of your green streak. Overall, you have been doing an excellent job, so don’t let this one week stop you!

@1theresamcvean - Hope that you and your granddaughter are rolling down the hills right now!

@tryingagain5 - You have been doing really well overall, and also checking in consistently. Don’t worry to much about going over one day.

@lennoncpa - You have been doing so well and please don’t give up! Stress can really mess up our progress. I have a few friends who are accountants and tax season is just a horrible stressor. It is ending very soon and you can get back on track managing your stress and everything else. As for the water, I know how hard it is to regulate your intake. Maybe set a schedule with a reminder bell ringing on your computer or phone?

@ljdanny - Just put that weight from the doctor’s office aside. Getting weighed on a different scale, in the afternoon, and probably with clothes on is just not a consistent indicator compared to you weighing in at home.

@twyla77 - Great that you were called back to work!

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    I am sorry I have not been more active in responding to each of you. I think about it but have been pushed on time. Work has been going really well. We are accomplishing lots of great things. My team is rising to the occasion. I am dragging a bit today. Need to stop and get the CSA pick up and home to bed. Tried to eat a big lunch so I can skip dinner. It was so summery. I will post a picture. Is it really hump day??? Crazy!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    gxa6hc6xxaxx.jpeg
    Summer lunch
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @tryingagain5 - Fabulous and congratulations! Your focus and hard work have paid off! Way to go!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @tryingagain5 - Fabulous and congratulations! Your focus and hard work have paid off! Way to go!

Thank you! I have been working really hard. I know I won't lose 4 pounds every week but if I can consistently go down and have my clothes feel looser that would be great.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wed 7/15 check in
    Food: good
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 45 minutes

Today I set the timer for 10 minutes and walked up and down the stairs. I wasn't sure I was going to do the whole 10 minutes but I did. I don't think I"ll ever really be running up and down them. I have to be careful with stairs. Going up I don't seem to have a problem with my balance, it's going down where I have to be more careful. The other 35 minutes was low intensity bodyweight exercises.

I ate a lot of food today and still have 100 calories left if I want them. It's amazing how much you can eat when you eat healthier foods. I already knew that and you'd think I would do that all the time.🤔
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday
    Week 3
    PW 162.2
    CW 161.1
    TL 18
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    07/15 steps 9192
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    gxa6hc6xxaxx.jpeg
    Summer lunch

Would you consider adopting me? I'm really low maintenance...
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Wed 7/15 check in
    Food: good
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 45 minutes

Today I set the timer for 10 minutes and walked up and down the stairs. I wasn't sure I was going to do the whole 10 minutes but I did. I don't think I"ll ever really be running up and down them. I have to be careful with stairs. Going up I don't seem to have a problem with my balance, it's going down where I have to be more careful. The other 35 minutes was low intensity bodyweight exercises.

I ate a lot of food today and still have 100 calories left if I want them. It's amazing how much you can eat when you eat healthier foods. I already knew that and you'd think I would do that all the time.🤔

That's terrific! I wish my knees didn't dislocate themselves randomly. I have lots of stair opportunity at work. You're lucky you can do that.
This discussion has been closed.