TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,426 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.
«13456718

Replies

  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,331 Member
    Thank you all for continuing to inspire us to keep at it. Don’t know why I’m having such a hard time. I know What I should be doing. Just can’t seem to get there. But I’m determined to get myself back to where I want to be. Physically and mentally. (I know I know I’ve said if before. But I’m not giving up on myself). Looking forward to aug.
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Yeah its been ruff ive been same 3 or 4 lbs +/- for months now i guess its good im maintaining but still would like to see a loss but just keep at its all we can do :)
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 209.2
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,426 Member
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week (assuming I can remember to do that or think of questions to ask) and Daily Posts.

    First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

    The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

    ****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".


    **A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

    **REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.


    Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

    It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

    It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

    Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

    Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)


    Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

    Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)


    Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

    We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

    We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

    Welcome to August Challenge!!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    WMEJA
    Week 1 Weigh in

    PW =220.8
    CW=220.8
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: I have the same goal which is to work out every day for at least 10-20 minutes and keep track of what I ate. I need to find healthy snacks or side dishes for lunch/dinner. I need to incorporate more veggies in my diet and fruits as well. But I am really lacking in the vegetable department.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,893 Member
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 214.2
    CW: 213.4
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 214.2
    CW: 213.4

    @Jen_967 Nice start to August!!
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track - Yes
    Calories - way over
    Exercise - none
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,426 Member
    edited August 2020
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Thank you all for continuing to inspire us to keep at it. Don’t know why I’m having such a hard time. I know What I should be doing. Just can’t seem to get there. But I’m determined to get myself back to where I want to be. Physically and mentally. (I know I know I’ve said if before. But I’m not giving up on myself). Looking forward to aug.
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    Yeah its been ruff ive been same 3 or 4 lbs +/- for months now i guess its good im maintaining but still would like to see a loss but just keep at its all we can do :)

    I think I am going to look at August one day at a time. I think I need to focus on what is right in front of me to get back into it and take it one day at a time, and then do it over the next day.

    August will be our month!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,159 Member
    Daily post
    Sunday

    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes
    Goals: In August I need to get more walks in, even short ones, a few times a day. Allergies and asthma have plagued me for the last few months and I need to gradually rebuild my tolerance for exercise.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,893 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 214.2
    CW: 213.4

    @Jen_967 Nice start to August!!

    Thank you! At least I’m moving in the right direction 😀
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,893 Member
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no

    Today my youngest son had his 31st birthday. I really couldn’t resist a piece of chocolate cake. But I have all week to get it off 😀
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Aug Wk 1 - Sun, 8/2

    Hi, everyone. I’m Leah. I’ll be 26 years old next Sunday (yay - no insurance any more from my parents 😔😵). I am about to start my third semester of grad school. I have struggled with my weight for years, and discovered in the last year and a half how much hiking and walking helps with a healthy lifestyle and my depression. However, I have not been able to walk like I have this summer because of the heat; I’d done really well this spring to walk 1-2 miles a day, 4-5x a week. Now, with a rolled ankle and the closest open gym thirty miles from me in the next state, I haven’t exercised in over a week.

    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Some light packing of moving boxes
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited August 2020
    Daily post
    Week 1 Monday

    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    I ate something yesterday and now am not feeling well. I did a few stretches though.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,893 Member
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Daily post
    Week 1 Monday

    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    I ate something yesterday and now am not feeling well. I did a few stretches though.

    I hope you get feeling better. :smile:
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,331 Member
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 214.2
    CW: 213.4
    Nice Jenn
    AB0215 wrote: »
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Thank you all for continuing to inspire us to keep at it. Don’t know why I’m having such a hard time. I know What I should be doing. Just can’t seem to get there. But I’m determined to get myself back to where I want to be. Physically and mentally. (I know I know I’ve said if before. But I’m not giving up on myself). Looking forward to aug.
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    Yeah its been ruff ive been same 3 or 4 lbs +/- for months now i guess its good im maintaining but still would like to see a loss but just keep at its all we can do :)

    I think I am going to look at August one day at a time. I think I need to focus on what is right in front of me to get back into it and take it one day at a time, and then do it over the next day.

    August will be our month!

    Thanks Ashley, I think I am going to do the same.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,331 Member
    Sunday check in
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • d00ditzlinduh
    d00ditzlinduh Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2020
    My third round with this group! July I wasn’t as consistent as I would have liked. Going to stay focused for August. I’m turning 30 on the 22nd!
  • d00ditzlinduh
    d00ditzlinduh Posts: 99 Member
    d00ditzlinduh
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 145.5
    CW: 144.0

    Going to try and be more active than n the group this month to help keep me accountable. I have 4 more pounds to lose!