• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none
    Water:✅
    Steps: 6,206

I had trouble again with the eating last night again. I am beginning to wonder if the sleeping pill I am taking is contributing to this. It may be causing me to be less aware of what I am doing. I am going to try and not take it for a few nights. It may make a difference.

I have physio for my shoulder this morning. I am hoping he tapes it again today as I think it helped last time. If the weather cooperates I will walk home so I get a walk in today. I have been slacking on my walking lately and my Fitbit report is going to suck for last week. Going to aim to get better numbers in all areas of the report for this week.

Happy Monday!

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sunday’s check in

I had trouble again with the eating last night again. I am beginning to wonder if the sleeping pill I am taking is contributing to this. It may be causing me to be less aware of what I am doing. I am going to try and not take it for a few nights. It may make a difference.

I have physio for my shoulder this morning. I am hoping he tapes it again today as I think it helped last time. If the weather cooperates I will walk home so I get a walk in today. I have been slacking on my walking lately and my Fitbit report is going to suck for last week. Going to aim to get better numbers in all areas of the report for this week.

Happy Monday!

Daily goals

Thanks for your comment about my check this week :) it may sound really simple but have you tried when you have cravings at night to drink a big glass of water before hand? I find if I do this (not just at night time) then it makes me feel fuller, sometimes it doesn't work and I cave in anyway but sometimes it's the mind/body misjudging hunger and instead it needs hydration. Not sure how much water you manage to get in each day but thought it may be a suggestion :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)
    294.8 lbs - weighin on 08/08 -- gain = 5.4 lbs -- (12.0 lb total loss to date)
    291.4 lbs - weighin on 08/15 -- loss = 3.4 lbs -- (15.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    08/01 - 08/05 -- 3000 each day
    08/06 - 08/15 -- previously reported
    08/17 - 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Gather trash and take to bins
    Clean Litter boxes and take to bins
    Clean bathroom floor, mop, clean stool
    Dishes - wash, dry, put away
    Groceries - receive, sterilize where needed, put away
    Declutter 15 min in bedroom

Last week totally focused on getting my gain whittled down and did have a good loss. Will try to do so again this week. Have restarted my daily plan so I can track everything and list my tasks for the day.

Typically, I post in two groups and 2-3 individual threads. After I had such a large gain, I decided to post only my daily check-in with Downsizers, to stop all activities in all other threads, and focus only on my daily housekeeping chores, my outside yardwork, my mini exercise breaks, and getting my eating back on track. Spent about half an hour each day researching binge eating, cravings, motivation, snacking, late night eating, etc. The cravings and late night snacking were out of control that whole week before my gain. Mentally, I feel like I'm back on track and ready to roll!! Here's hoping we all have a successful week!! 🌞
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in:
    PW......173
    CW......170
    LOSS....3-ish lbs
    So the plateau is steadily coming down, after a 4mile walk on Saturday and today we are going to try these new resistance bands I got. I’m going the strength training route to get a hold of things. Anyone have some strength training workouts or tips???
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Still not feeling myself today, my left hip and my neck are both hurting really bad. 😒 Probably won't do exercises or much of anything else, until the pain subsides.

Hope everyone has a great day. 🌝

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,850 Member
    Options
    Morning/Afternoon to this awesome group of people

Congrats on all who loss weight ....and to the ones who didn't don't give up :) I hope everyone had a great weekend ... I didn't do much due to it being 109 degrees here in California ......quite a few fires going on all over here too .....I saw Colorado is on fire too (that is where I want to move too )

Sorry you are still not feeling well Pandygirl...I hope you feel better soon

Linda I hope you can find something to help with the late night snacking ...hugs :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post August 16
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Rest day
    Steps: 3172
    Water: 70oz

Went and got a pedicure with my mom and sister in law for the upcoming wedding, hung out at my parents house and had a complete rest day. It was nice. I've done way better on the frosting front lol. Have managed to make more flowers for the cake without eating them.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Is your sleeping pill prescription? I had to stop taking Ambien because I would eat tons of food and not be cognizant of it at all! It wasn't until I'd wake up and see food out that I'd realize what I had done. I was also ordering things off of Amazon without knowing I had done it until it showed up... it was a pretty weird time!
    Monday weigh in:
    PW......173
    CW......170
    LOSS....3-ish lbs
    So the plateau is steadily coming down, after a 4mile walk on Saturday and today we are going to try these new resistance bands I got. I’m going the strength training route to get a hold of things. Anyone have some strength training workouts or tips???
    That's a great loss! Congratulations! Do you have the round bands or the ones you hook on the door? I use both so if you'd be ok with youtube videos, I can send you some recommendations.

• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for August 16... I'm going to take what I have on my fitbit and add an estimate from after it died and I took it off. I was at 5,503 at just before 3pm when I last looked. My sisters and I threw an 80th birthday party for my mom at one of their houses. They have an upstairs and downstairs deck, so I'd say I got another 3k just running things up and down. I'm going with 8,000.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hey team quick check in. I’m exhausted lol. This is putting it lightly actually. I have never been so sore, so tired, so completely done in my life. The move is finished but now comes the chore of unpacking and sorting everything out in the new place. My nephew just left yesterday and this morning we got a call from my In-laws that they are coming tomorrow for a visit. They will be staying for at least a week. Oh boy. I spent my day trying to clean a little. I need a break.

I’m really sorry I haven’t been able to participate as much as I was. I’ve missed my team and my down time catching up with you amazing people. I can not wait for things to settle down here.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »

Is your sleeping pill prescription? I had to stop taking Ambien because I would eat tons of food and not be cognizant of it at all! It wasn't until I'd wake up and see food out that I'd realize what I had done. I was also ordering things off of Amazon without knowing I had done it until it showed up... it was a pretty weird time!
    Monday weigh in:
    PW......173
    CW......170
    LOSS....3-ish lbs
    That's a great loss! Congratulations! Do you have the round bands or the ones you hook on the door? I use both so if you'd be ok with youtube videos, I can send you some recommendations.

I have the round rubber band like ones. I tried to use them with a pop sugar YouTube workout and they keep riding up... so annoying!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Phewwwww... not sure where this energy came from ...but I have done 2 workouts today .... a 20 minute kettlebells workout which is a 8 week program ..and then I just got done doing 36 out of 60 minutes of aerobics ...I guess I am making up for last week ... :p
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/17 Steps: 9000
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Sunday’s check in

Happy Monday!

Daily goals

Thanks for your comment about my check this week :) it may sound really simple but have you tried when you have cravings at night to drink a big glass of water before hand? I find if I do this (not just at night time) then it makes me feel fuller, sometimes it doesn't work and I cave in anyway but sometimes it's the mind/body misjudging hunger and instead it needs hydration. Not sure how much water you manage to get in each day but thought it may be a suggestion :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I did drink the water last night and even though I did eat it was less than I usually would.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)
    294.8 lbs - weighin on 08/08 -- gain = 5.4 lbs -- (12.0 lb total loss to date)
    291.4 lbs - weighin on 08/15 -- loss = 3.4 lbs -- (15.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    08/01 - 08/05 -- 3000 each day
    08/06 - 08/15 -- previously reported
    08/17 - 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Gather trash and take to bins
    Clean Litter boxes and take to bins
    Clean bathroom floor, mop, clean stool
    Dishes - wash, dry, put away
    Groceries - receive, sterilize where needed, put away
    Declutter 15 min in bedroom

Last week totally focused on getting my gain whittled down and did have a good loss. Will try to do so again this week. Have restarted my daily plan so I can track everything and list my tasks for the day.

Typically, I post in two groups and 2-3 individual threads. After I had such a large gain, I decided to post only my daily check-in with Downsizers, to stop all activities in all other threads, and focus only on my daily housekeeping chores, my outside yardwork, my mini exercise breaks, and getting my eating back on track. Spent about half an hour each day researching binge eating, cravings, motivation, snacking, late night eating, etc. The cravings and late night snacking were out of control that whole week before my gain. Mentally, I feel like I'm back on track and ready to roll!! Here's hoping we all have a successful week!! 🌞

Are you finding any good information in your research? I want to find a good book regarding binge eating and overcoming it. I am glad you are back in the game. I know you have been through so much stuff the last while and you always get through it. You are very strong and determined.

Monday weigh in:
    PW......173
    CW......170
    LOSS....3-ish lbs

That’s an impressive loss’. I am glad you broke through your plateau. I don’t strength train right now but I know there are some great videos on YouTube. Lots of these will show you proper form for doing an exercise. I am assuming you are doing the training at home. I was doing a video for awhile that gave you a total body workout.

pandygirl1 wrote: »
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Still not feeling myself today, my left hip and my neck are both hurting really bad. 😒 Probably won't do exercises or much of anything else, until the pain subsides.

Hope everyone has a great day. 🌝

Feel better soon! Take it easy until everything settles down.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post August 16
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Rest day
    Steps: 3172
    Water: 70oz

Went and got a pedicure with my mom and sister in law for the upcoming wedding, hung out at my parents house and had a complete rest day. It was nice. I've done way better on the frosting front lol. Have managed to make more flowers for the cake without eating them.

If you need a taste tester just send them my way. 😂 Great job though on not eating them. Pedicures are so nice. I just had one a few weeks ago.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Steps for August 16... I'm going to take what I have on my fitbit and add an estimate from after it died and I took it off. I was at 5,503 at just before 3pm when I last looked. My sisters and I threw an 80th birthday party for my mom at one of their houses. They have an upstairs and downstairs deck, so I'd say I got another 3k just running things up and down. I'm going with 8,000.

Yes it is a prescription. I did take it last night but I am going to skip it tonight for sure. I don’t do well if I don’t sleep so I have to find a happy balance.

Did your Fitbit die as in need charging or did it give out? Mine broke a few months back and I was so lost without it.
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Another day of goals achieved 👍
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hey team quick check in. I’m exhausted lol. This is putting it lightly actually. I have never been so sore, so tired, so completely done in my life. The move is finished but now comes the chore of unpacking and sorting everything out in the new place. My nephew just left yesterday and this morning we got a call from my In-laws that they are coming tomorrow for a visit. They will be staying for at least a week. Oh boy. I spent my day trying to clean a little. I need a break.

I’m really sorry I haven’t been able to participate as much as I was. I’ve missed my team and my down time catching up with you amazing people. I can not wait for things to settle down here.

You have a crazy busy summer going on. I hope you get a rest soon. Enjoy your visit with your in-laws. When things settle down we look forward to hearing lots from you.

Phewwwww... not sure where this energy came from ...but I have done 2 workouts today .... a 20 minute kettlebells workout which is a 8 week program ..and then I just got done doing 36 out of 60 minutes of aerobics ...I guess I am making up for last week ... :p

Send some energy my way. Don’t over do it on your foot.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Exercise: 17 minute walk
    Steps: 5,584

My eating last night did put me over in calories but not as bad as it has been. I am going to keep using the tips you guys have been giving me and tonight I am not going to take my sleeping pill for sure. I am positive I will get a grip on the eating.

Today is my granddaughter’s 8th birthday. We are going out to breakfast and then we are taking her shopping for the day. We are having supper at my daughters and we are having a delicious homemade cheesecake to celebrate.

Have a great Tuesday!

Daily goals
This discussion has been closed.