TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.
Β«13456722

Replies

• AB0215
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Daily Posts.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in this challenge, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts ChallengeΒ is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to October Challenge!!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello,
    Looking forward to another month of the Biggest loser challenge! I have not been as consistent in posting as I want to be..something to work on...pushing forward.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Looking forward for October. August and September haven't been so good.

• Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ashley for the bookmark. I have to admit it has been a struggle to lose weight but with the tracking I see my shortcomings in my eating. Looking forward to October and the challenges it will bring. In Canada it is Thanksgiving. So yummy.🍻πŸ₯‚πŸ₯§πŸͺπŸ—
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to October Challenge!

29bepy7nj206.jpg

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 41 yrs old, been at this weightloss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years I've been diagnosed with asthma which progress into COPD ergo the oxygen continously, gastroenteritis, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, diabetes, chronic pain in back and knees. At one point last year considered going for the gastric sleeve surgery but due to complications it was not meant to be. Made the move from NYC to Charlotte, NC in December 2019 hoping to get better in change of environment and pet therapy with my dog, Gloriana and my sister's dog, Oreo.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

sjo852ygn6da.jpg

I am currently under the care of a Baraitric doctor (non-surgical) @Atrium Health Weight Loss Center who has been monitoring my eating habits using MYFITNESSPAL app. Over the last nine months she has shown me what I was doing wrong, by pointing out my Protein needs to be 30g per meal and my carbs should be no more than 70g per day. Under her guidance I finally see the scale going down consistently (as long as I follow those guidelines). It's great to have a doctor that is not interested in surgery but what is best for the patient.

***Succeeded losing 10lbs and 19 inches overall for September YAY!πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰***

OCTOBER GOALS:

1. Lose at 3-5lbs every week
    2. Weigh & Measure on Mondays
    3. Meal prep weekly
    4. Exercise at least 3x a week minimum 15 minutes
    5. Track and journal my experience to see where improvements can be made
    6. Continue to work with my psychotherapist in order to keep my emotional eating under control
    7. Intermittent fasting 16:8 from 7pm-11am

**My first small milestone is to reach 499.9lbs by my birthday Dec.
    31. I currently weigh 505.4lbs as of 9/22/2020.

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and know we will have a successful month.

bykr2a0c1h56.jpg

We're in this together πŸ’ͺ🏾❀
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    So happy to put September behind me. Working harder toward my goals this month. I’m sick of this rut I’ve been in. Good luck to everyone. 😁
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 214
    CW: 212.2
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 198.0
    CW: 197.8
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day tomorrow! Yay! Let's make a story out of these numbers!!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: No
    Calories: Probably since I haven't eaten much
    Exercise: Nope

Comments: Been in bed with a terrible migraine today, need it to go away, have to actually go into the office tomorrow.
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: Β»
    So happy to put September behind me. Working harder toward my goals this month. I’m sick of this rut I’ve been in. Good luck to everyone. 😁

Yep been in a rut myself. Going to change this month around mentally and physically. Good luck to you!
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Calories: Should be good didnt eat a ton.
    Exercise: None had to work from my home desk today.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track - yes
    Calories- yes and over
    Exercise- yes
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Bonsoir, mes amis. My name is Leah. I am 26. I fluctuate with my emotions and my weight. I work in a library, do online tutoring for elementary and college students (yes, big gal), and am in graduate school for library science. I am in three service organisations, stressed out of my mind, and wondering what I am supposed to do with my life.

Oct Wk 1 - Sun, 9/27
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None

October is my favourite month, and I love autumn. I hope I can enjoy it.

• Jen_967
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Probably since I haven't eaten much
    Exercise: Nope

Comments: Been in bed with a terrible migraine today, need it to go away, have to actually go into the office tomorrow.

I’m so sorry I bothered you. I hope you get some relief😊
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: Β»

Yep been in a rut myself. Going to change this month around mentally and physically. Good luck to you!

Thank you! 😊
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Bonsoir, mes amis. My name is Leah. I am 26. I fluctuate with my emotions and my weight. I work in a library, do online tutoring for elementary and college students (yes, big gal), and am in graduate school for library science. I am in three service organisations, stressed out of my mind, and wondering what I am supposed to do with my life.

Oct Wk 1 - Sun, 9/27
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None

October is my favourite month, and I love autumn. I hope I can enjoy it.

It’s such a beautiful time of year. 🍁
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes

Walked 3 miles
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Results for September week 4 are now posted on September’s team page. Congratulations to all winners! πŸ†
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    lesockie
    Week 1
    PW = 194.2
    CW = 189.4