Options

Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    WEEKLY WEIGH-In
    PW:168.1
    CW:167

I am determined to make this number continue to go down!
    Jen_967 wrote: Β»
    Jen_967
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 214.8
    CW: 209.8

It's been a good week. :D

Nice losses

• Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday 10/18

Track yes
    Calories no over
    Exercise yes Hasfit calisthenics 30 min workout
    Water 60oz

Monday 10/19

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz
    Goals/comments
    So went to my Bariatric appointment for a follow up and I weigh in at 502.2lbs on their scale so you know I came home and jump on my scale cause theirs add 3lbs and sure enough I finally made it to 499.6lbs HOLLA! YEA πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½ I'M SO PROUD OF ME.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Monday
    October Week 4
    PW: 507.4lbs
    CW: 499.6lbs

Goals/comments: So didn't get on the scale this morning as I had my Bariatric appointment this after was so stoke I lost 10.9lbs since my last visit with my doctor. I told her I'm sticking to my food plan 95% of the time she was impressed with my weightloss and I made a list of all my NSVs since June 2020 but was super impress that from my last appt (9/3) till now I lost 59" inches overall as of yesterday. Proud of my progress and she told me to keep the momentum going.

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Jen_967
    Sunday Weigh-in

@Jen_967 WOOOT! That's got to be encouraging!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Daily Post
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 7786 steps

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that was not great. I need to be VERY diligent in my work on my weight and exercise. I am setting some personal goals as I have until February to get my weight in line and to change my eating habits. I had never had blood pressure medicine now I have it doubled ( YUCK) I am pre-diabetic and have high cholesterol I do NOT want to take medications so I have a choice to get with the program. I may need more help here. Previously I had done WW for years with minimal success, tried a nutritionist also with no success. I need to figure this out. ANY suggestions for staying focused welcome. I just got an email with a 'birthday' offer for WW and I am not sure if I should go back to this again. THANKS

I have been doing keto with intermittent fasting since December. So far I’m down 52 lbs. when I started I was on 3 different blood pressure meds and a cholesterol medication. Since then they took me off my cholesterol medication and 2 of my blood pressure meds. My dr said if I continue losing weight he probably will be able to take me off my last blood pressure medication.

@Kin59vara I will share my feelings on weight watchers with the you and the group. It's my belief that their model won't help anyone long term, maybe initially with motivation and tracking, but long term I'm not sure that it's sustainable, one you have to have their program to determine how many points things are so you'll be paying them for that model for the rest of your life and if you succeeded in losing the weight, you'd quit the paid program AND I'm also not sure that a program that allows you to have all the pasta you want can be beneficial. That is a lot of carbs and what I've learned about carbs over the last few years tells me that carbs trigger an insulin response and insulin turns off fat burning until the carbs have been processed. Not that carbs are necessarily all bad, but if they're always high, you will always be in storing more vs burning mode. Another thing is, if you're not ready to cut the carb cord, that's fine, intermittent fasting can help with this as well. If you're fasting, you're not eating carbs, therefore after you've burned through them, you'll turn to fat burning mode and achieve a lot of the same benefits as if you were following a ketogenic diet or low carb diet. I recommend both for maximum results, but I whole heartedly believe there is more than one way to get there. I like to do both of those things myself, and it's those times I stuck to that plan I saw the biggest ROI and greatest weight loss. However, they can be done independently of each other or together. Even lowering your total carb count to 100 or less can help. You'll burn through that glucose fast and then your body will be forced to look for alternatives to energy sources and this is when it'd turn to fat and stored fat. (big point to remember, if you decide to go keto, or even IF, watch your electrolytes! add in broth or electrolyte supplements, trust me on that one)
    Someone who does a really great job of explaining this process is Dr Jason Fung. I was skeptical at first but if I look at the times I was really successful and lost the most (and what I'm doing again to get back down to where I was, keto + IF. There are several Intermittent fasting times you can use, probably the easiest and best one to start with is 16:8 which means you're fasting 16 hours a day and eating within 8 hours. You figure you're sleeping for 8 of those hours roughly, just delaying your first meal and stopping eating a little earlier at the end ofthe day, and you're there. It's pretty easy to do!
    I know, I answered that.....with a lot of words and information, but I truly believe it and there is a lot of science to back it up.

I so appreciate all this information. I know that part of my problem is being mindful of what and when I am eating. I will look up Dr. Jason Fung and Keto. Thanks for taking the time to give me this support.

@Kin59vara Sometimes, it takes a big change too, for us to sort of get back into the swing of things and start making changes...So maybe for you, you can do one or both of those things and sort of kick off the new you, so to speak.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday 10/18

Track yes
    Calories no over
    Exercise yes Hasfit calisthenics 30 min workout
    Water 60oz

Monday 10/19

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz
    Goals/comments
    So went to my Bariatric appointment for a follow up and I weigh in at 502.2lbs on their scale so you know I came home and jump on my scale cause theirs add 3lbs and sure enough I finally made it to 499.6lbs HOLLA! YEA πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½ I'M SO PROUD OF ME.

@gjaholy33 You go girl!! WOOT!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Monday
    October Week 4

Goals/comments: So didn't get on the scale this morning as I had my Bariatric appointment this after was so stoke I lost 10.9lbs since my last visit with my doctor. I told her I'm sticking to my food plan 95% of the time she was impressed with my weightloss and I made a list of all my NSVs since June 2020 but was super impress that from my last appt (9/3) till now I lost 59" inches overall as of yesterday. Proud of my progress and she told me to keep the momentum going.

@gjaholy33 I say this a lot, consistency is key. Strive for progress, not perfection. If you're keeping on track 95% of the time, you will be successful. That 5% of the time you're not staying on plan is NOT going to hold you back, and you just proved it! Ride that train to success!!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Monday
    October Week 4

Wow! You are Awesome! 😁
  • Jen_967
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Jen_967
    Sunday Weigh-in

@Jen_967 WOOOT! That's got to be encouraging!!

Yes finally! I’ve been going up and down for the last few months
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Monday
    October Week 4

SUPER! Congratulations
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Calories: yes 1256
    5hkjn2sbg198.png
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 17779 steps
  • gjaholy33
    edited October 2020
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

15s8pjmahizk.jpg
    Just a little encouragement to start your day.

Have a WONDERFUL and productive day!

-Glorious Gloria β€πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Calories: yes 1256
    5hkjn2sbg198.png
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 17779 steps

Nice burn!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday 10/19 & Tuesday 10/20

Track: Yes 2x
    Calories: Yes 2x
    Exercise: Yes 2x
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

15s8pjmahizk.jpg
    Just a little encouragement to start your day.

Have a WONDERFUL and productive day!

-Glorious Gloria β€πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

Thanks Glorious Gloria for thinking of us.
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Monday
    October Week 4

Awesome Gloria. Your dedication and great attitude is inspiring. So happy you had a great appointment.
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track - yes
    calories- yes under
    Exercise- yes treadmill
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Tuesday