azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check in for 10/6:
    Steps: 7967
    Calories: 1113 (87 remaining)
    Water: 92oz
    C25K: rest day (2 of 3 complete for week)
    Ring Streak: 30 days all rings closed

Still don’t know the answer to the watch negative calorie adjustment but I don’t tend to eat my calories back so I will just ignore it for now.

Did you look and see in your settings If you have negative calorie adjustment selected. Also the 2 things you are syncing are they providing the same data?

It’s different everyday and doesn’t usually match. There doesn’t seem to be any consistency in how it records. My activity though is very consistent. I would disconnect the watch from MFP but I can’t find it in the MFP settings. I only see the health app. I need to keep the health app because it is more than just the steps. For now, I increased the activity to lightly active and will ignore the extra calories. I will do more research on how the negative adjustments

I found out how to turn off steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,362
    DBF: 0

I am going to try and do some walking today. I have done three 5 minute walks. I plan on meeting my granddaughter for lunch today. I will walk the long way to Tim Hortons and then the shorter way home. I promise, no donuts. The rest of the day is going to be spent meal planning for next week, clean my apartment and sneak in an episode of Big Brother. I have to find a new recipe for next week so Pinterest is in my future.

I am thinking about trying to weigh in Saturday this week as an experiment. It may help me to keep my eating the same on Friday’s as I do during the week. I know it won’t make a difference weight wise as I had a really bad week with binges.

Goals for week
    1. Walk 5 minutes at 5 times daily
    2. No binge eating
    3. 70 ounces of water
    4. Try a new recipe every week
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Challenge

In @Kitty2Katz check in, one of her goals was to say two positive things about herself. I challenge everyone to do this today! If you feel comfortable post them here.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in.

drank water ...yes
    9806 steps...
    Close rings every day... yes

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »
    Sorry, I've been absent the last few days. Started to feel better after reinjuring my left knee, and a few other health problems. I still can't do much walking yet.
    But here are some goals for the rest of this week and next week

Goals for week:
    1. Log in my dairy daily (except on rest day)
    1. Walk 5 minutes at least 5 xs a day. (When knees better)
    2. No eating after 7 p.m
    3. 72 oz of water daily.
    4.Say at least 2 good and positive things about myself every day. (Sometimes my thoughts and words are self negative)

I am glad you are starting to feel better. I love your goals. I am doing the same thing with the walking. I got the idea from @cesse47

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    GOALS: Tuesday, Oct. 6

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Tues 10/6: 18,567

All goals met! Amazing day!

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone... Happy Hump Day ......I hope everyone is doing great :) ....I am a bit sore today from doing my 5 mile walk with Leslie Sansone yesterday...Meal Prepping and standing in front of the TV last night and stepping while I watched TV... I ended up with 23,470 steps ...I would like to challenge myself to get 20,000 steps a day :)

You must have steps for awhile while watching tv! Well done!

Daily Post October 6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9654
    Exercise 60 min walk with stroller

After taking my son to preschool, my daughter and I went for a walk, her in the stroller. It's a little too hot out for October I think. It's been in the 80s so far all week. I'd like the slightly cooler weather to come back now. Pushing her up the final hill to get home is getting a little bit easier the more I do it. My sister in law is scheduled to have her baby on the 28th of this month, getting pretty excited about that. My great Uncle and Aunt have both gotten Covid and are sick. She's doing ok with it but my Uncle has been hospitalized. The first day was a little scary but now he's showing slight signs of improvement.
    Today we are going grocery shopping instead of Friday because it's a busy weekend for us. I'm hoping to also get a walk in while my son is at school.

Another stellar day! I hope your relatives recover. It is a tough virus. My mom had it in March. She was in hospital for awhile. My Mom is a tough old bird so I hope your uncle is the same.

He's 87 years old, but generally pretty healthy. He status changes every day. Today he's not doing as well but I don't know the details yet.
    Just coming in for another update to state that I put on a pair of jeans capris today that I haven't been able to wear in over 3 years! I love being able to get back into some of my favorite clothes. It's a big motivator!

I will send a few prayers and some positive thoughts for your uncle. What a great NSV!

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Yesterday I only did 7.667 steps but today I'm giving it all!!
    I have been walking a lot + I went to the gym and I did a bit of everything. I was feeling unstoppable.
    I've realised that since I'm sleeping with the CPAP I have pain in my lungs but I have much more energy 😁

You need to get the lung thing checked out. Could you please bottle some of that energy and send it my way. Great job on your day!

Check in for 10/6:

Steps: 7967
    Calories: 1113 (87 remaining)
    Water: 92oz
    C25K: rest day (2 of 3 complete for week)
    Ring Streak: 30 days all rings closed

Still don’t know the answer to the watch negative calorie adjustment but I don’t tend to eat my calories back so I will just ignore it for now.

Did you look and see in your settings If you have negative calorie adjustment selected. Also the 2 things you are syncing are they providing the same data?

Read today that it depends on the type of activity you log when you register. For example it would presume you do 10,000 steps a day and if you do less doesn't add any calories.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Challenge

In @Kitty2Katz check in, one of her goals was to say two positive things about herself. I challenge everyone to do this today! If you feel comfortable post them here.

1) Even though I have some really bad days, weeks or months, I never give up.
    2) I'm a good Mom
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

1. I never give up
    2. I am very caring person
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Wednesday, Oct. 7

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Wed. 10/7: 6,800 (spinning) + 11,320 = 18,120

I had a really bad weekend food wise, and then Monday was not good from stress eating and now last night some family came over and after I closed out my diary, the kids all broke out popcorn, cookies and chocolates for a movie and I binged on so many calories that I can't even begin to count the damage I did. I know I'm going to have a gain for my first week on this challenge and I am so disappointed in myself because I have exercised so much and drank water, but cannot get my diet under control.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Here is the corrected version of the monthly September Step Challenge

OUR TOP STEPPERS ARE:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -486,379
    2nd @Z1ORtza (marigorrino)- 416, 960
    3rd @888Angie888 - 398,062

CONGRATS LADIES :)

As a group we walked 3,648,077 steps
    Well done Everyone

Let's see if we can beat the September Steps as a group for October :)
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

OUR TOP STEPPERS ARE:

Well done Everyone

What’s the starting period for the October challenge? I’m back and ready to step up! (See what I did there? ;)
  • AmyG1982
    Options

Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: couple small walks
    Day: good day. Feeling really positive about how I’ve been eating and sticking to the plan the last week or so
    Water: 9/10
    Steps: 11,482
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »

OUR TOP STEPPERS ARE:

Well done Everyone

What’s the starting period for the October challenge? I’m back and ready to step up! (See what I did there? ;)

October 4th ...Nice to see you again :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Challenge

1) I am a positive person who loves to support/encourage everyone
    2) I am a great mom
  • AmyG1982
    Options

OUR TOP STEPPERS ARE:

Well done Everyone

Steps for me:
    10/4 10,102
    10/5 11,990
    10/6 10,131
    10/7 11,555
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thanks & that's a good idea.

1.I may go through some ups & downs, but I'm not quitter and I never give up.
    2. I'm a kind/caring person.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

OUR TOP STEPPERS ARE:

Well done Everyone

Steps for me:
    10/4 10,102
    10/5 11,990
    10/6 10,131
    10/7 11,555

Is 11,482 wrong in your previous post ?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/7: 13,528
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 254.4
    PW: 250.6

Oh my...a gain of nearly four pounds...time to get to work! Next week will be better.
This discussion has been closed.