No takeout or dining out ✅✅✅
    Reach your water goal each day ✅✅✅
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for November 1
    Lelbarou (Laura)
    tracking - yes (meals under if exercise included)
    Exercise - steps 5925
    Going out to eat/ordering in - no

Hi Megan - Unfortunately I have 0 steps for Oct. 27/ and Oct. 31th
    ( no walking outside)
    Working on my exercise consistently is a something I will have to work on...

I didn't have a great day again, but I had a zoom coffee chat this morning and then just had a really nice walk with a friend so that made me feel better! We really need friends in our lives!!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Remember to be gentle with yourself.

That's okay ...we can't always be purrfect :p
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hated missing the last of October. My arthritis kicked in sidelined me for over a week. I promise I will be better in November
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hated missing the last of October. My arthritis kicked in sidelined me for over a week. I promise I will be better in November

Glad you are back though and you didn't give up :) Sorry your arthritis gave you problems ... Are you wanting to stay on the step challenge? If so can you give me your daily goal of steps?
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE :disappointed: I don't have my steps for yesterday (10/31) or today! I am so upset because yesterday was supposed to be monumental! I had 9,688 steps by like 2 pm because it was SOOOOOOOOO insane at work. Well, I transferred my patient to the ICU and from my department to theirs, I somehow lost my Fitbit. Retraced my steps, checked trash cans, bed linens, everything. It was nowhere to be found. I totally was going to have my highest step count ever and it was ruined! *tears* So anywho, I am looking to replace it on Tuesday and I will be good to go then. I also had a very good walking day today as well as we equally as crazy today! I KNOW I got 10,000 for sure yesterday. It was probably more like 12 or 13,000 yesterday and I know I got at least 10,000 today but I can not wait to replace it.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    These last 2 days have been ABSOLUTE insanity lol. The patients I have either been very sick, very needy, or both. I have had so many new experiences and so many situations in which I have literally had to RUN! #ERlife lol

I did somehow manage to lose my fitbit transferring a patient from my department to the ICU which I am VERY upset about, but what can you do? I'm looking to replace it on Tuesday. :smile:

I have been listening to different motivational speakers every morning before work and can I just tell you guys how much of a difference it is making in my day to day life? I mean literally, in every aspect. When I get frustrated or annoyed at work, something I heard during these speeches pops into my head and literally helps me to change my thought process which helps me to a) not be so frustrated or annoyed b) makes me less stressed and c) makes me AND my patients feel better. Also, today I did not bring a lunch to work because I have worked the last 7 days and have had no time. I was ordering something to be delivered and I kept looking at items on the menu like "Ohhhh! That looks so good!" and then that speech would pop into my head and I ended up getting a chicken and cheese quesadilla. It isn't the best but it was definitely the better alternative to what I was initially wanting. I work yet another 12 hour shift which will make 39 hours in 3 days (if I do not end up having to stay longer). I am so ready for a break! lol Thursday can not come fast enough!

Ya'll have a good night! I am going to try to get some sleep! :sleepy:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited November 2020
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE :disappointed: I don't have my steps for yesterday (10/31) or today! I am so upset because yesterday was supposed to be monumental! I had 9,688 steps by like 2 pm because it was SOOOOOOOOO insane at work. Well, I transferred my patient to the ICU and from my department to theirs, I somehow lost my Fitbit. Retraced my steps, checked trash cans, bed linens, everything. It was nowhere to be found. I totally was going to have my highest step count ever and it was ruined! *tears* So anywho, I am looking to replace it on Tuesday and I will be good to go then. I also had a very good walking day today as well as we equally as crazy today! I KNOW I got 10,000 for sure yesterday. It was probably more like 12 or 13,000 yesterday and I know I got at least 10,000 today but I can not wait to replace it.

Sorry you lost your Fitbit .... I will give you 13,000 steps for the last 2 days :)
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Nov. 1 = 13,005 steps
    I walked 3 1/2 miles with my husband today. It was cold & windy, but I was glad to be outside. I work from home now & I need to get out . I bought snow shoes for my husband & myself for Christmas, so hopefully we can get some exercise with them. Actually, I’d prefer to have no snow than to be able to use them, but that’s highly unlikely.
    Tomorrow’s goal - chop up veggies for quick snacks throughout the week.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I swear I posted in here but now I can't find it, so I'll do it again haha

Hi all! Excited to be here :)

My daily goals are:

* Track food every day
    * Stay under calorie goal
    * Not restrict
    * Drink 2L water minimum

My weekly goal:

* Exercise on my days off work (this week coming will be 3 times a week). I work at a busy coffee shop and doing exercise before and after is not very good for me to do right now- the 8 hour shifts are enough! haha. But I *definitely* need to make the most of the warmth because BOY is it starting to get cold outside!

I am seriously so looking forward to this challenge!

Nov 1st Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week : 0

I also need to find my darn fitbit! I swear i found it a week ago (not the charger though, but amazon is my friend there) because i really want to get my steps in!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    11/1: 6,239 steps.

I wound up walking a lot in the house. That was just fine!!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am hoping we can STEP IT UP with our step challenge in November ...quite a few zeros in the month of October ....WE CAN DO THIS :)

I would like it if you could make a step challenge goal daily and tell me that # so I can put it on the spreadsheet .. if you make that goal 5 days in a row you would be recognized for your accomplishment in our chat ... I am wanting to get more people to want to do our awesome step challenge ......Thank you for your participation :)

My daily step goal is 20,000 :)

#10.000 steps
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    I'm desperate... Going mall walking while treadmill is down. A little too icy to walk outside :D:D

I walk at home sometimes too
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. Wow, into another month already! This past week I've continued to try more Pinch of Nom recipes which has been enjoyable. Looking back, last month I only technically lost 0.4 pounds which is still a loss but very minimal.. I need to step up in the next few weeks before the holidays. I know in previous weeks during the week the scale can fluctuate up and then back down so feels like you've lost a lot more than the small number on weigh in day if that makes sense but, nevertheless feels like the margin to gain is incredibly small. It's a journey and I'm happy that I've kept near 10 pounds off since earlier this year, better than gaining it all back! :)

CW: 250
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »

Uuhh and did someone find it?
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Nov. 1 = 13,005 steps
    I walked 3 1/2 miles with my husband today. It was cold & windy, but I was glad to be outside. I work from home now & I need to get out . I bought snow shoes for my husband & myself for Christmas, so hopefully we can get some exercise with them. Actually, I’d prefer to have no snow than to be able to use them, but that’s highly unlikely.
    Tomorrow’s goal - chop up veggies for quick snacks throughout the week.

Baby carrots usually are a life saving thing. You can just put them toguether with hummus and taraaa
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have done nothing but gain. October just wasn't my month. I can't sit on the couch anymore. Taking last week off did not help. My goal for November is to walk every day, stop eating the junk food which makes the arthritis worse, and try to find my confidence again.
    CW:167.4
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have done nothing but gain. October just wasn't my month. I can't sit on the couch anymore. Taking last week off did not help. My goal for November is to walk every day, stop eating the junk food which makes the arthritis worse, and try to find my confidence again.
    CW:167.4

Hello. I hope you are doing well this morning. Just wondering if your family can support not bringing junk food into the house. Personally, I have to remove such foods from my home. Otherwise, I will definitely eat them...
    As a single person, it might be easier to keep this out of the house. Maybe your family can agree to do this as a group and then you wouldn't have that in the house.
    Anyway, I wish you good luck!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Hello All! This is my second month participating. I am a mom of two kiddos and live in Massachusetts. I am on my 8th month of being furloughed from my job due to Covid and still getting used to not working everyday and being at stay at home mom.

Tracked No
    Under calories No
    Steps 17072 tracked
    Exercise Walking

I took a day off yesterday but I think I still did ok and all the walking with the kids for Halloween helped. It felt great having a more normal night for them with friends even if they were wearing masks.

Goals for November:
    Better tracking
    More water
    Staying consistent with workouts

You definitely did more than ok. Over 17k steps on a rest day is amazing!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 31
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9758
    Exercise 20min treadmill

Halloween with the kids was great. There were actually quite a few houses with candy out which was surprising. The weather was nice, a little windy but not too cold. The kids had a blast. After getting home I had 7k steps so I just hopped on the treadmill to hit my step goal and do the 20min exercise for the weekend challenge.

Saturday Weekend Challenge 5/5

You are amazing! Your consistency really is paying off.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under calories
    Steps 9746 tracked
    Exercise Back/biceps strength workout

Yesterday was a relaxing day but I did get my butt in gear and did my workout late in the day and meal prepped breakfast for the week. I was only up .2 this morning which is amazing. Now going to buckle down next few days to try to ensure a loss. Happy Monday all!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Happy November Everyone :)

I hate to be a pest so early in the morning but I need the following people's steps

@lindamtuck2018 -10/31
    @azkunk -10/30 &10/31 then I will remove you from the challenge
    @888Angie888 -10/31
    @draby2011 10/31
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE 10/31
    @lcfa5317 10/30 & 10/31
    @eaturpasta 10/29-10/31
    @lelbarou 10/27 & 10/31

I need to tally up for the month ...thank you for your cooperation :)

WEIGH IN: SATURDAY, Oct 31st:
    PW: 176.2
    CW: 178

Steps: 1,087

*Been sick this weekend :(

I hope you feel better today! Get lots of rest.

I am hoping we can STEP IT UP with our step challenge in November ...quite a few zeros in the month of October ....WE CAN DO THIS :)

I would like it if you could make a step challenge goal daily and tell me that # so I can put it on the spreadsheet .. if you make that goal 5 days in a row you would be recognized for your accomplishment in our chat ... I am wanting to get more people to want to do our awesome step challenge ......Thank you for your participation :)

My daily step goal is 20,000 :)

My step goal is going to be 4500. With not being able to walk much this is pushing it for me. If things settle down can I set my step goal higher?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/30 = 11,455 steps
    10/ 31 = 10, 311 steps
    Weigh in day = Saturday, Oct. 31
    PW = 193
    CW = 193
    Loss = 0
    Bummer!
    Didn't track my food on Friday or Saturday.

Depending on what you ate Friday when you didn’t track it could mask a loss. Get back to tracking my friend!

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi hi
    Lately I'm really off line. I don't know why but everything that is electronic is yikes for me. Even Netflix.
    In Belgium we are in lockdown again and everything goes back to March. I'm quite tired of everything.
    But....
    I'm still following my steps.

My steps:
    25/10 14.721 steps
    26/10 8.310 steps
    27/10 7.137 steps
    28/10 15.421 steps
    29/10 13.478 steps
    30/10 14.409 steps
    31/10 6.635 steps

My weights:
    03/10 134,4. Kg 296,3 lbs
    10/10 133,1 kg 293,4 lbs
    17/10 133 kg 293,2 lbs
    24/10 134 kg 295,4 lbs
    31/10 133,4 kg 294,0 lbs

Awesome loss! This Covid-19 situation is very frustrating. It’s hard to believe that it has been 8 months since it was declared a pandemic. Stay strong! You got through the first lockdown and you will again.

Weekend Challenge 10/31:
    Log everything ✔️
    Within calories ✔️
    Exercise ✔️
    No eating out ✔️
    Hydrate ✔️
    Two days in a row (maybe a weekend record), working on a third.
    It was tough to drive by the taco truck today, but I made it past without stopping. I still want tacos 🌮🌮🌮. Maybe I'll make some tomorrow 🙂.

That is great willpower! Now I want taco’s. Maybe something for next weeks menu.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Well done Downsizers! Let’s crush November too!

Linda can o change my weight in day to Mondays please?

I will get it changed on the spreadsheet. Will you be weighing in today?

lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for November 1
    Lelbarou (Laura)
    tracking - yes (meals under if exercise included)
    Exercise - steps 5925
    Going out to eat/ordering in - no

Hi Megan - Unfortunately I have 0 steps for Oct. 27/ and Oct. 31th
    ( no walking outside)
    Working on my exercise consistently is a something I will have to work on...

I didn't have a great day again, but I had a zoom coffee chat this morning and then just had a really nice walk with a friend so that made me feel better! We really need friends in our lives!!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Remember to be gentle with yourself.

I am glad you are reaching out to friends. I think that one thing I am finding hard about this pandemic is missing friends. No matter how busy we got every month we all got together to go to a monthly quarter auction. Now with limit on crowd sizes and social bubbles that is not possible.

I'm desperate... Going mall walking while treadmill is down. A little too icy to walk outside :D:D

Mall walk was a bust. Too many people w/o masks... This is upsetting to me because, according to the NY Times, Alaska is one of many states (top 6 or 8) that has no control, and is on the verge of being out of control. Also, this same information is on the news here. Ok, enough doom. That was just one mall, there are several. Also, I have other workout equipment. So I am more than fine my friends :):)

How are you doing today?

Winter can be a struggle to walk and now the pandemic has added others. Here you have to wear a mask in all indoor settings. I don’t know if you have a long stretch in your home. In the summer before my leg got bad I walked indoors all the time. I got my heart rate up pretty good. I unfortunately am not doing the greatest as I through my back out yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.