Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    I must confess I DO NOT like my walks in the afternoon :p It is 80 degrees here and I am allll sweaty eww ....will be getting up at 5am tomorrow morning to go for a lonnnnnnnnger walk .... we walked 3.83 miles today tomorrow I am hoping for 8+
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

11/1 6503
    11/2 4426

Well from Thursday we are back in lockdown for a month. Able to to go out for outdoor exercise so will need to wrap up warm and try and get some steps in. Worried about going off track as get bored
    i constantly visit the kitchen.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

11/1 6503
    11/2 4426

Well from Thursday we are back in lockdown for a month. Able to to go out for outdoor exercise so will need to wrap up warm and try and get some steps in. Worried about going off track as get bored

Happy that you are joining our step challenge ...Great job :) Do you have a daily step goal that I can put on the spreadsheet ?
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I must confess I DO NOT like my walks in the afternoon :p It is 80 degrees here and I am allll sweaty eww ....will be getting up at 5am tomorrow morning to go for a lonnnnnnnnger walk .... we walked 3.83 miles today tomorrow I am hoping for 8+

It was 90 during my walk today and I totally regretted it 🥵 We had a couple of days in the 70s which was a total tease. I am so ready for winter.

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    kjack011 wrote: »
    k9ocup4hmuhq.jpg

Good afternoon. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

My daily/weekly goals are:
    Stay within macros
    Stick to my workout program
    Drink 128oz of water daily

My co-workers and I are on Day 2 of Planksgiving, if anyone else would like to try it (photo attached).

I am looking forward to participating in this challenge!

I think I'm adding myself to the Planksgiving 😁
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - my weigh in day with the health coach is actually Sunday. Can I switch to Sunday? If I need to change last weigh-in, my weight was 186.5.

Sorry for the changes. This was my first week with her and I wasn’t sure how she worked things.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 - my weigh in day with the health coach is actually Sunday. Can I switch to Sunday? If I need to change last weigh-in, my weight was 186.5.

Sorry for the changes. This was my first week with her and I wasn’t sure how she worked things.

Can you give me a weight tomorrow for this week? I don’t know if you are still weighing yourself everyday still. Otherwise, we can excuse you from this weeks weigh in and get your first weight of the challenge on Sunday.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the top 3 in the Step Challenge anymore! Shame on me!
    Today the lockdown really made the streets look even more creepy. I am hoping that I will manage to go for walks or do something to compensate.
    One of my biggest issues is that I need to go to the WC every 45 minutes, maximum 1 hour. I really have issues with that. And if they close all the bar, restaurants... I don't have a place to go.
    I know it sounds like a lame excuse but it is a real deal.
    Yesterday I managed to do 11.750 steps but today I only managed to do 8.716 steps.
    I hope tomorrow I do at least 10.000 as I want.
    This Month I wanna have 1 kg less from the begging to the end. Is not much, but lately I go more up than down. So one kg is my deal for November.
    Today's weight 133.5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    I really hope I go better little by little. Baby steps.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 2nd Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

OMG I was having such a "hungry" day today. I just wanted to grab something at work even though I had my lunch and a protein shake with me. I timed it well so had my shake around 4 and just about to sit down and have dinner. Tomorrow I'm off work so I'm going to maybe make a cottage pie or something, portion it out so I have a couple of extra meals.

I have "completed" my food diary so no snacks or anything tonight- one of my habits is to stop eating before 8pm also so... dinner and that will be it for me! Especially with my first official weigh in being tomorrow... already nervous haha.

Weather permitting, I am hoping to go for a walk for a bit tomorrow morning :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

Can you give me a weight tomorrow for this week? I don’t know if you are still weighing yourself everyday still. Otherwise, we can excuse you from this weeks weigh in and get your first weight of the challenge on Sunday.

I can give you tomorrow’s weight. Thank you for being so flexible
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    How does the step challenge thing work? I went for a walk tonight just because! 4.2km!

With the steps my google fit tracked (which TOTALLY wasnt accurate... not enough tracked -_-) and my walk, I'm at around 10k steps

(Also found my fitbit charger... just need to find the actual Fitbit now lol
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh in on Friday

Steps for 11/2 - 5651
    Steps for 11/2 - 1513

@lindamtuck2018 ... I have been failing on the not smoking, hence the weight coming off, but I am back at it starting tomorrow. Gotta beat the habit by the end of the month.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    How does the step challenge thing work? I went for a walk tonight just because! 4.2km!

With the steps my google fit tracked (which TOTALLY wasnt accurate... not enough tracked -_-) and my walk, I'm at around 10k steps

I put you on our step challenge ....you post your steps here daily ...I put them on the spreadsheet ... at the end of each week I post the top 3 steppers ...also you give me a daily step number that you want to reach and if you get to that number 5x in a row ..you will be recognized :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options

I put you on our step challenge ....you post your steps here daily ...I put them on the spreadsheet ... at the end of each week I post the top 3 steppers ...also you give me a daily step number that you want to reach and if you get to that number 5x in a row ..you will be recognized :)

Thanks! I am still looking for my damn fitbit!! Google fit is not accurate at all...there is no way an 8 hr shift on my feet was only 3900 steps!!!! But at least I did 6k steps on my walk!

Hopefully I can find it tomorrow :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    11/2: 6,355 steps. I do hope everyone is doing well :smile:
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in - Nov. 2
    weigh in (please change my weigh in day to Monday)
    Lelbarou
    Tracking - yes. (under when including exercise)
    Steps - 8492
    Exercise - yes - 45 min. walk
    PW - 351.4
    CW - 346.4
    LTD - 23. 5

Well, it was a slightly chilly and icy day yesterday, but I managed a walk. It was sunny in the morning and it melted some of the ice...
    I hope everyone has a great week!
    Best wishes,
    Laura
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I don’t like walking when it’s really hot. This summer the heat was brutal and walking was out.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

11/1 6503
    11/2 4426

Find lots of stuff to keep you busy. One thing I do now is I play a silly game called toon blast on my tablet when I get the urge to binge or snack. It really takes my mind off eating.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    I'm not in the top 3 in the Step Challenge anymore! Shame on me!
    Today the lockdown really made the streets look even more creepy. I am hoping that I will manage to go for walks or do something to compensate.
    One of my biggest issues is that I need to go to the WC every 45 minutes, maximum 1 hour. I really have issues with that. And if they close all the bar, restaurants... I don't have a place to go.
    I know it sounds like a lame excuse but it is a real deal.
    Yesterday I managed to do 11.750 steps but today I only managed to do 8.716 steps.
    I hope tomorrow I do at least 10.000 as I want.
    This Month I wanna have 1 kg less from the begging to the end. Is not much, but lately I go more up than down. So one kg is my deal for November.
    Today's weight 133.5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    I really hope I go better little by little. Baby steps.

You can get back into those top three! When I am able to walk I used to make sure I walked 5 minutes or more every hour. You be surprised how fast that adds up. Also I used to walk in the apartment to get my walk in. I would set the timer on the stove and go.

Nov 2nd Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

OMG I was having such a "hungry" day today. I just wanted to grab something at work even though I had my lunch and a protein shake with me. I timed it well so had my shake around 4 and just about to sit down and have dinner. Tomorrow I'm off work so I'm going to maybe make a cottage pie or something, portion it out so I have a couple of extra meals.

I have "completed" my food diary so no snacks or anything tonight- one of my habits is to stop eating before 8pm also so... dinner and that will be it for me! Especially with my first official weigh in being tomorrow... already nervous haha.

Weather permitting, I am hoping to go for a walk for a bit tomorrow morning :)

That’s impressive beating that urge to snack. I have never made shepherds pie before. Something to put in my recipe ideas.

ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh in on Friday

Steps for 11/2 - 5651
    Steps for 11/2 - 1513

@lindamtuck2018 ... I have been failing on the not smoking, hence the weight coming off, but I am back at it starting tomorrow. Gotta beat the habit by the end of the month.

Keep trying and you will get there!

lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in - Nov. 2
    weigh in (please change my weigh in day to Monday)
    Lelbarou
    Tracking - yes. (under when including exercise)
    Steps - 8492
    Exercise - yes - 45 min. walk
    PW - 351.4
    CW - 346.4
    LTD - 23. 5

Well, it was a slightly chilly and icy day yesterday, but I managed a walk. It was sunny in the morning and it melted some of the ice...
    I hope everyone has a great week!
    Best wishes,
    Laura

Amazing loss! I woke up yesterday and I was shocked with the taste of winter. Starting tomorrow it is going to be a nice stretch of warm weather. It is going to hit 19 on Tuesday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over by 6 calories
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 6,091
    DBF: 7

I had to get up early this morning so I missed my sleep goal. I have my 3 month diabetic check this morning. I already know my a1c was 4.7 this time around. This is exciting as I am still in the non diabetic range and I have actually dropped from 5.3 at my previous check up. I am still using slow acting insulin in the evenings but I know with further weight loss I can stop. So my friends, this is a huge benefit of losing weight.

I have been frustrated with myself as I haven’t been able to meet a 16 hour fast. I am going to reduce my fast time to 14 hours to put less pressure on myself. I seem to have no trouble with having a 10 hour window for eating.

Have a terrific day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over by 6 calories
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 6,091
    DBF: 7

I had to get up early this morning so I missed my sleep goal. I have my 3 month diabetic check this morning. I already know my a1c was 4.7 this time around. This is exciting as I am still in the non diabetic range and I have actually dropped from 5.3 at my previous check up. I am still using slow acting insulin in the evenings but I know with further weight loss I can stop. So my friends, this is a huge benefit of losing weight.

I have been frustrated with myself as I haven’t been able to meet a 16 hour fast. I am going to reduce my fast time to 14 hours to put less pressure on myself. I seem to have no trouble with having a 10 hour window for eating.

Have a terrific day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking

Hi Linda. Sorry to hear you didn't meet your sleep goal because of your appointment. Good news about your diabetic improvement! Absolutely a huge bonus for losing weight!
    I would think a 16 hour fast would be incredibly difficult. Frankly I don't think I could manage it. My best friend always suggests to me to do small changes which seems like good advice. She is very sensible. So, maybe you can increase your fasting time by 30 minutes every 4-5 days so you can become adjusted more slowly to the change. Just a thought. Anyway, I think putting less pressure on yourself is a good idea. !0 hours is a good accomplishment!
This discussion has been closed.