Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    11/03 = 5,004 steps
    But - I went for a long bike ride because the weather was great.

If you know how long your bike ride was and the speed I can convert that into steps if you would like :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018. Yep, insomnia can be crazy. One of the things that helps me is to not panic/worry about the fact that I didn't get enough sleep. I just do my best to get on with my day. I am a night owl anyway, so that doesn't help. I know it can slow weight loss. I started in September, at 194 lbs. The first week, I gained 0.4 lbs. I remained the same the following week. My final scale reading at the end of September was 192. I posted this information in another thread. I wanted to encourage those who feel they aren't losing weight fast enough, to not give up. Honestly, I just keep looking forward, as I know the weight will come off. In October, I lost 9 lbs. I did change my schedule some, to put weight loss high on my list of priorities. Included in that was to do all that I could to get more sleep. 6+ hrs is a good night, 7+ is my happy place. I'm grateful for the occasional 8+. So, it goes. My weigh in day is Thursday. So if I get a really good night's sleep, I'm good to go. I know you understand all this talk (blather, perhaps) about sleep. For those of you who have never suffered from insomnia.... Count your blessings ;):)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Nov 3
    stay under calories - over by 200 - will try to be under by this amount today
    steps: 10,000 - 4995 - committing to longer today!
    Exercise - 2x a week on top of dog walks - does shopping count?
    Water - 64 oz yes
    planksgiving - YES!!

I thought I had calories left so when I returned from shopping I ate another meal - Say What?????? Obviously I wasn't eating because I was hungry. In looking at my day I see I had some high calorie snacks that helped tip me over. I've been eating hello, Fresh and although I typically stay under calories I've gained a pound - I realized I'm eating more pasta, bread and tortillas. I really have swelling and retain water with these products. I'm finishing up my 5 meals left and then suspending the service. For those of you that don't have an issue with that type of food, it is a high quality meal.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW :184.4
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: 2.8

Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 15,074 tracked
    Exercise: shoulder strength workout and hike

I am very happy for this loss. I have not touched Halloween candy in two days. We went for our hike yesterday to the prettiest spot and only one of my two kids complained even though we got them ice cream after which I did not partake in. Today will be hard to get in a walk with play dates and my sons soccer but tomorrow they are in school and I have plans with coworkers for a long hike. And we are going to get back into the 60’s tomorrow after this cold streak in the 40’s.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in Nov. 3
    Track calories- yes
    steps - 5527
    Exercise - yes ( 45 minute walk)

It's sunny and not cold her today! Yay! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Nov 3rd Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week: 1 (But soon to be 2, I'm going, I swear!!)

Today I feel like I didn't eat much but I had 2 large meals and a shake. and munched on some carrots while I was watching the football (soccer) and prepping for my supper lol.

Today is the start of a new week! I was chatting with my wife about takeout/takeaways and we have decided to treat ourselves every other Tuesday. Probably a curry or something- because I can make that stretch for 2 meals at least :)

I am still avoiding fast food places (unless it's for a coffee) and eating only stuff I have cooked.

That is great you are doing a program for dealing with food. You may already know but I did therapy for binge eating disorder. Major stress has caused me to binge again but I have reached out and have some support again. I think your plan with the takeout is reasonable. I have a small bag of chips once a week and have takeout occasionally. Before I started my weight loss we would have takeout a couple of times a week. It made a big difference in cutting that out. I hope you got your walk in.

eaturpasta wrote: »
    just got back from vacation, I will update in the morning. I hope all of you have been well this week.

I hope you had an amazing vacation.

363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 pw 171.8 current weight 172.8
    +1 Not great for my first week Yes, Linda, Monday is my weight in - thanks.

Stay strong. You are adjusting to a new way of eating. There will be bumps in the road.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Tuesday, Nov. 3

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Calories: YES
    😴 Sleep: YES

STEPS
    TUES. 11/3: 7,400 (spinning) + 15,461 = 22,861
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello Team. My name is Mari. It’s taken me awhile to do my intro post but I’ve been in the hospital since Friday so I was limited on internet and honestly I mostly slept the whole time I was there. I decided to get back on the group as I felt myself getting absolutely off the rails with my weight. I need help and I know I’m always successful when I have a team by my side.

A little about me, I am 41 years old mom of 3 boys (2 teens and one preschooler) and married to a great and supportive guy. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I had the gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago after having lost 70 Lbs on my own from my highest weight. I was very close to my goal weight last year but then after beginning my skin removal surgeries, I started gaining again. In a year I gained almost 31.5 Lbs back from my lowest weight and this year I’ve managed to yo-yo all year. Covid hasn’t made it any easier and to top it all my family lived through something so horrible in September. My brother in-law and twin nieces died in a small tourist plane crash. This is why I suddenly stepped away from the challenge. It’s been the absolute worst year for us. Sadly, we have to move on without them as best we can. It will never get easy, we will just learn to live with this pain and sadness.

So with a broken heart i have to turn a new page. My goal now is to lose those 31.5 Lbs i gained and get back to my lowest weight. Since May 2019, I’ve had several skin removal surgeries starting with the tummy tuck, then breast and arm lift and this last one has been a back lift with some repairs from previous surgeries. Now I am desperate to recover and get back on my journey.

My stats:
    5’6”
    HW: 338.8
    LW: 163.9
    CW: 195.4 ( @lindamtuck2018 can you please adjust my starting weight. I wasn’t sure to weigh in before I left to hospital but I did get on a scale so this should give me a more accurate weigh in for week 1)

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 7320
    Exercise Treadmill 40mins

I took my kids over to my brother's house and they got to meet the new baby. They were over the moon and we all got some good baby snuggles in. It threw off my schedule a little bit so my steps are lower for the day but it's worth it. I did hop on the treadmill at night to at least get some form of exercise in and ended up doing 40 minutes.
    We have a ridiculous amount of candy in our pantry right now from my kids' trick or treating and left over from what I bought to hand out. I had a lot of calories left last night so I decided to have a piece. I picked a fun size reeses and was expecting it to taste like heaven, but it just didn't taste very good to me. Guess I won't have a problem leaving the rest of the candy alone.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018. Yep, insomnia can be crazy. One of the things that helps me is to not panic/worry about the fact that I didn't get enough sleep. I just do my best to get on with my day. I am a night owl anyway, so that doesn't help. I know it can slow weight loss. I started in September, at 194 lbs. The first week, I gained 0.4 lbs. I remained the same the following week. My final scale reading at the end of September was 192. I posted this information in another thread. I wanted to encourage those who feel they aren't losing weight fast enough, to not give up. Honestly, I just keep looking forward, as I know the weight will come off. In October, I lost 9 lbs. I did change my schedule some, to put weight loss high on my list of priorities. Included in that was to do all that I could to get more sleep. 6+ hrs is a good night, 7+ is my happy place. I'm grateful for the occasional 8+. So, it goes. My weigh in day is Thursday. So if I get a really good night's sleep, I'm good to go. I know you understand all this talk (blather, perhaps) about sleep. For those of you who have never suffered from insomnia.... Count your blessings ;):)

I do still tend to panic which leads to a snowball effect in that I can’t fall asleep worrying that I won’t sleep enough. Bad when I first started losing weight I switch my schedule around so I was early to bed early to rise. I think this really helped with weight loss. You are doing awesome with your weight loss. It shows that making changes really makes a difference.

Nov 3
    Water - 64 oz yes
    planksgiving - YES!!

I thought I had calories left so when I returned from shopping I ate another meal - Say What?????? Obviously I wasn't eating because I was hungry. In looking at my day I see I had some high calorie snacks that helped tip me over. I've been eating hello, Fresh and although I typically stay under calories I've gained a pound - I realized I'm eating more pasta, bread and tortillas. I really have swelling and retain water with these products. I'm finishing up my 5 meals left and then suspending the service. For those of you that don't have an issue with that type of food, it is a high quality meal.

I am holding you to those commitments. I have never tried hello fresh. How often do you have it and what are some of the recipes do they give you?

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :184.4
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: 2.8

Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 15,074 tracked
    Exercise: shoulder strength workout and hike

I am very happy for this loss. I have not touched Halloween candy in two days. We went for our hike yesterday to the prettiest spot and only one of my two kids complained even though we got them ice cream after which I did not partake in. Today will be hard to get in a walk with play dates and my sons soccer but tomorrow they are in school and I have plans with coworkers for a long hike. And we are going to get back into the 60’s tomorrow after this cold streak in the 40’s.

Awesome loss! I am so happy to see that you tracked. Your hikes always sound so nice. I hope you enjoy it today.
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in Nov. 3
    Track calories- yes
    steps - 5527
    Exercise - yes ( 45 minute walk)

It's sunny and not cold her today! Yay! :)

I had to open my weather app when I read this. It’s going to be 18 today. (that’s in the 60’s for my American teammates). Awesome day yesterday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hello Team. My name is Mari. It’s taken me awhile to do my intro post but I’ve been in the hospital since Friday so I was limited on internet and honestly I mostly slept the whole time I was there. I decided to get back on the group as I felt myself getting absolutely off the rails with my weight. I need help and I know I’m always successful when I have a team by my side.

A little about me, I am 41 years old mom of 3 boys (2 teens and one preschooler) and married to a great and supportive guy. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I had the gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago after having lost 70 Lbs on my own from my highest weight. I was very close to my goal weight last year but then after beginning my skin removal surgeries, I started gaining again. In a year I gained almost 31.5 Lbs back from my lowest weight and this year I’ve managed to yo-yo all year. Covid hasn’t made it any easier and to top it all my family lived through something so horrible in September. My brother in-law and twin nieces died in a small tourist plane crash. This is why I suddenly stepped away from the challenge. It’s been the absolute worst year for us. Sadly, we have to move on without them as best we can. It will never get easy, we will just learn to live with this pain and sadness.

So with a broken heart i have to turn a new page. My goal now is to lose those 31.5 Lbs i gained and get back to my lowest weight. Since May 2019, I’ve had several skin removal surgeries starting with the tummy tuck, then breast and arm lift and this last one has been a back lift with some repairs from previous surgeries. Now I am desperate to recover and get back on my journey.

My stats:
    5’6”
    CW: 195.4 ( @lindamtuck2018 can you please adjust my starting weight. I wasn’t sure to weigh in before I left to hospital but I did get on a scale so this should give me a more accurate weigh in for week 1)

November goals:

•No Carbs for dinner.

Mari, I am so sorry your family had to go through that. I am so glad you are out of hospital. I hope you are resting. Just take things 1 day at a time. You are a strong woman and you can do this! Great goals!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 7320
    Exercise Treadmill 40mins

I took my kids over to my brother's house and they got to meet the new baby. They were over the moon and we all got some good baby snuggles in. It threw off my schedule a little bit so my steps are lower for the day but it's worth it. I did hop on the treadmill at night to at least get some form of exercise in and ended up doing 40 minutes.
    We have a ridiculous amount of candy in our pantry right now from my kids' trick or treating and left over from what I bought to hand out. I had a lot of calories left last night so I decided to have a piece. I picked a fun size reeses and was expecting it to taste like heaven, but it just didn't taste very good to me. Guess I won't have a problem leaving the rest of the candy alone.

One advantage of having my kids grown is no left over candy. I is nice when junk doesn’t taste good. New baby snuggles sound so good.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options

That is great you are doing a program for dealing with food. You may already know but I did therapy for binge eating disorder. Major stress has caused me to binge again but I have reached out and have some support again. I think your plan with the takeout is reasonable. I have a small bag of chips once a week and have takeout occasionally. Before I started my weight loss we would have takeout a couple of times a week. It made a big difference in cutting that out. I hope you got your walk in.

That's great you have reached out. I strongly considered going to a treatment centre for my food addiction, but chickened out. Sunday will be 2 years since I started working the 12 step program for food. No binging or refined sugar for 2 whole years! However, my weight was practically the same. I first thought it was just my body being a pain in the *kitten*, but it turns out it was just my diet and lack of exercise! Go figure! I only know that because since October 16th I've lost like 18lb haha.

And yes- got my walk in ;) 4.2km and 3 min faster than Monday! :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options

My stats:
    5’6”

November goals:

•No Carbs for dinner.

Hi Mari, it is lovely to meet you!

I am so sorry for what you have been through recently... I can't imagine what your family are going through :(

I look forward to getting to know you better here, and us supporting each other on this wicked journey to our target weights and good health etc x
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nov 3
    Water - 64 oz yes
    planksgiving - YES!!

I have similar problems with bread and pasta products. I can eat and eat them and I'm not full and then I want more. I think personally I am allergic to these products. Contrary to what people think, often we crave those foods we are allergic to! Strange but true. It sounds like you are making a good realization. It's a challenge to be sensitive to things like wheat but some people are. I relate. Good for you for recognizing this. I hope you can find a meal delivery service that better suits your needs.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ...I hope all is good :) ...I will be doing workout dvd's and deep cleaning my house today :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »

I have similar problems with bread and pasta products. I can eat and eat them and I'm not full and then I want more. I think personally I am allergic to these products. Contrary to what people think, often we crave those foods we are allergic to! Strange but true. It sounds like you are making a good realization. It's a challenge to be sensitive to things like wheat but some people are. I relate. Good for you for recognizing this. I hope you can find a meal delivery service that better suits your needs.

I am a strong believer in this too! It helped me, also, to cut out some of those foods completely because all I needed to tell myself was "I'm allergic, I cannot have this, I know what it does to me if I consume it"

Even in the dictionary definition- an allergy is an *abnormal reaction* to a food or a substance. When I eat refined sugar , it sets of a crazy craving for more...that can't be filled. I think that's a bit abnormal haha
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ...I hope all is good :) ...I will be doing workout dvd's and deep cleaning my house today :)

I'll be the first to ask so it is original.....

Wanna come clean mine when you're done please? :D:D:D:D:D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I'll be the first to ask so it is original.....

Wanna come clean mine when you're done please? :D:D:D:D:D

On my way :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Hey @lindamtuck2018 I just wanna check when I did the weigh in yesterday- is it ok that my starting weight gets changed too please? I only noticed I messed up when I checked the spreadsheet haha <3
This discussion has been closed.