Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options

On my way :)

Haha, awesome! Thanks ;)

Enjoy your at-home exercise. I'm off to work in a little while.

Counting down the days til I get my fitbit. So steps I do actually count!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 5,146
    DBF: 8

My diabetic check was bittersweet. My blood glucose control overall is amazing. The sad part is the damage I have done by not taking care of myself all those years. The neuropathy is from my diabetes and poor blood glossed control over the years. The nerve pain will not get better but now it is a story of pain management. I want everyone to know this because if it helps just one person from being in this position in 10 years from now I will be happy. Being overweight and inactive is a contributing factor in developing type 2 diabetes. I sound like a public service announcement.

I have finally convinced my husband to move. The apartment building has gone downhill since the new management has taken over. Tomorrow we are going to view apartments. I have some scheduled and I am hoping to get a few more today. Some companies you have to view virtually due to COVID-19. I am excited about this! We want to move by December 31st.

Have a terrific Hump Day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hey @lindamtuck2018 I just wanna check when I did the weigh in yesterday- is it ok that my starting weight gets changed too please? I only noticed I messed up when I checked the spreadsheet haha <3

I will change it today. I am going to enter everything on the spreadsheet today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2020
    Options
    g3bjxfg7vg1o.jpeg

Both @888Angie888 and @Tazaria87 earned bragging rights for the week with perfect scores on the weekend challenge! Congratulations! A shout-out to @azkunk for a near perfect score. To everyone that participated you are awesome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Would you guys like to have another weekend challenge? I can make it a little different.
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Would you guys like to have another weekend challenge? I can make it a little different.

As long as it's not nekkid cartwheels, I am DOWN for it, haha
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm up for another challenge...nekkid cartwheels are ok...as long as I can find a really, really dark and really, really, really secluded place 😉.
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 11/3: 17,311 ✔️

Weekend (Weekday) Challenge 11/3:
    1) Log everything✔️
    2) Within calories✔️
    3) No takeout ✔️
    4) Exercise ✔️
    5) Hydrate✔️

• 888Angie888
    Options
    Way to go on the challenge @Tazaria87 and @azkunk !!!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Excellent job on the challenge @888Angie888 , @Tazaria87 and @azkunk :)

@lindamtuck I'm sorry I didn't participate fully. I became sick over the weekend and didn't do well. I am back on track this week and need to commit to the week. Will try my best on the challenge if you post again. Thank you :)

• darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I must confess I DO NOT like my walks in the afternoon :p It is 80 degrees here and I am allll sweaty eww ....will be getting up at 5am tomorrow morning to go for a lonnnnnnnnger walk .... we walked 3.83 miles today tomorrow I am hoping for 8+

It was 90 during my walk today and I totally regretted it 🥵 We had a couple of days in the 70s which was a total tease. I am so ready for winter.

So jealous wet and very cold here. Just want to cuddle up rather than go out for walks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    Just did 2 dvd's Richard Simmon's Broadway aerobics and Broadway Blast off for 90 minutes ...I have someone on my list that keeps saying I am overworking my husky because I walk so much and that I need to let her rest ... She is all kinds of ball of excitement ..What do you guys think am I over working her by walking 3 miles some days and 7 and 8 other days ...yes I walk her 6 to 7 days a week ? This person also suggest I get another dog so my husky can rest .. I have 2 dogs but I do not walk my German Shepherd due to his hip.. he runs in my large backyard ..I didn't walk today due to me hurting but I still got a workout in and I will be cleaning in a little bit
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Just did 2 dvd's Richard Simmon's Broadway aerobics and Broadway Blast off for 90 minutes ...I have someone on my list that keeps saying I am overworking my husky because I walk so much and that I need to let her rest ... She is all kinds of ball of excitement ..What do you guys think am I over working her by walking 3 miles some days and 7 and 8 other days ...yes I walk her 6 to 7 days a week ? This person also suggest I get another dog so my husky can rest .. I have 2 dogs but I do not walk my German Shepherd due to his hip.. he runs in my large backyard ..I didn't walk today due to me hurting but I still got a workout in and I will be cleaning in a little bit

I'm no expert, but weren't Husky's bread to pull heavy loads long distances? Iditarod? I might worry about warm weather more than distance as long as the pup is healthy. It's never a bad idea to run the question by your veterinarian.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I'm no expert, but weren't Husky's bread to pull heavy loads long distances? Iditarod? I might worry about warm weather more than distance as long as the pup is healthy. It's never a bad idea to run the question by your veterinarian.

Just they are bred to pull heavy sleds ...I do not think I am overworking her .... she does come home drinks water and lays on the cool floor and crashes for a bit ...but she lays on the cool floor daily so it is nothing new ... her paws are not cracked or dry ... We do walk early in the morning ...yes we walked in the afternoon when it was 80 this week and I didn't like it LOL
  • littleflutterby
    Options

I'm gonna ask my wife this... she had a husky for 14 years and seems to know her stuff
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    "If the husky is healthy is it good for him..they need a lot of exercise . It would be nice if he could go off lease somewhere safe and run, too"

That is what she said
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    "If the husky is healthy is it good for him..they need a lot of exercise . It would be nice if he could go off lease somewhere safe and run, too"

That is what she said
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

That is what she said

Thanks my husky is very healthy... we walk /jog together ....plus I have a large back yard where my dogs can run and during the summer they swim in my pool :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Excellent job on the challenge @888Angie888 , @Tazaria87 and @azkunk :)

@lindamtuck I'm sorry I didn't participate fully. I became sick over the weekend and didn't do well. I am back on track this week and need to commit to the week. Will try my best on the challenge if you post again. Thank you :)

I am glad you are feeling better! I will post one this weekend.

Nice job on the workouts! I think the safest answer to that is to ask your vet. He or she would know your dog the best. I think @littleflutterby gave a very good answer too.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 11/3

Steps (goal=8K): ✅
    Water (goal= 80oz):✅
    Carb goal= 145g:✅
    Fat goal= 40g:✅
    Protein= 105g:❌ under
    Fiber= 28g:✅
    Exercise:✅
    Water (goal= 80oz):✅

Weight was a new again low today 🌟 LTD= 21.9, I am hopeful that I can get to 25 lb by the end of the month. I think the macro tracking is really helping.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - Steps=9176 for 11/3
This discussion has been closed.