Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018- did you get my weights with the day change? I don’t see it on the spread sheet.

Sun, 11/1 my weight was 186.5
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    FYI: My pressure cooker arrived this morning and t's huge. I was able to make brown rice in 15 minutes and then mixed the brown rice with ground chicken (recipe below) to make stuffed peppers in only 10 minutes! I easily fit 7 big stuffed peppers in the 12.5qt pressure cooker and after only 10 minutes they were cooked perfectly (170 degrees). My kids had seconds. Still lots of leftovers.

https://www.wellplated.com/wprm_print/recipe/56825

I really like how fast it cooks, the only draw back is that once you lock the lid, you can't really check on your meal or add anything to it without waiting for the cooking to end and releasing the steam. It takes some getting used to.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,681 Member
    Options
    Would you guys like to have another weekend challenge? I can make it a little different.

Excellent job on the challenge @888Angie888 , @Tazaria87 and @azkunk :)

@lindamtuck I'm sorry I didn't participate fully. I became sick over the weekend and didn't do well. I am back on track this week and need to commit to the week. Will try my best on the challenge if you post again. Thank you :)

I am glad you are feeling better! I will post one this weekend.

Just did 2 dvd's Richard Simmon's Broadway aerobics and Broadway Blast off for 90 minutes ...I have someone on my list that keeps saying I am overworking my husky because I walk so much and that I need to let her rest ... She is all kinds of ball of excitement ..What do you guys think am I over working her by walking 3 miles some days and 7 and 8 other days ...yes I walk her 6 to 7 days a week ? This person also suggest I get another dog so my husky can rest .. I have 2 dogs but I do not walk my German Shepherd due to his hip.. he runs in my large backyard ..I didn't walk today due to me hurting but I still got a workout in and I will be cleaning in a little bit

Nice job on the workouts! I think the safest answer to that is to ask your vet. He or she would know your dog the best. I think @littleflutterby gave a very good answer too.

I did call my vet and everything I am doing is fine ....Huskies are working dogs and are use to do a lot more than I am doing :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018- did you get my weights with the day change? I don’t see it on the spread sheet.

I am confused. I know you put 185.9 as your pw when you posted. Do you want me to have it at 185.9?
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @mary_moulin I hope you can feel my arms around you, giving you a hug for all that you have gone through and will continue to walk through. What a tragedy. You will be in my thoughts.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Hello Fresh delivers 3 meals for two and because it is just me, I have 6 meals with the service. I have stopped eating meat for the most part and I was eating the same thing over and over so I thought this was a good way to find out new vegetarian recipes, and it has been. The recipes are really good - things like stuffed squash with quinoa, sweet potato tacos, taquitos, and more. I don't cook much so the preparation has been a little much for me, but I've learned a lot and am going to adjust the recipes without using the tortillas (substitute lettuce, etc), pita pockets, pasta, etc. I have a friend coupon if you or anyone else would like to try it.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    11/01 check in
    drank water...yes
    8619 steps,
    Close rings... yes

11/02 check in
    drank water...yes
    7602 steps,
    Close rings... yes

11/03 check in
    drank water...yes
    8762 steps,
    Close rings... yes

November Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:170.8
    CW:171.4 Evidently vacation time was eating time, no matter how many hikes I did.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.6
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    PW - 348.4 (I have a feeling that I may have put 347.4 as my starting weight, and that's not right)
    CW - 344.6

-3.8lb for the week

LTD - 30.2lb

Ok so I am low-key disappointed with this. I really *really* need to stop checking my weight so often. Because a couple of days ago my scale said I was 342 or something. So it looks like I gained over the last couple of days.... which I know can be normal. It just sends me in a bit of a tailspin sometimes.

Anyway, I am going to put my *big girl* panties on and move on. a 3.8lb loss in a week is pretty marvelous! And even the NSV things are adding up!

I am off to drink some water and have a healthy breakfast. Might take a break from walking today- I have a rather big blister on the bottom of my foot from last week and i don't want it to get even more aggravated. But who knows, I might go anyway haha

@littleflutterby if you are weighing yourself alot, turn it into a game. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, before going pee then after I pee, I loose weight that way. and if I have a BM... more weight goes off... haha.

Also make sure you are weighing yourself with the same clothing on, if any clothing at all and the same time each day.

This morning I weighed in at 210.3 I know by the time Friday gets here it will probably be back up to 211, but next week will probably show 210 on my weigh in day, at least that is the way it has been working for me the past few weeks.

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh in day is Friday

Steps for 11/3 - 6428
    Steps for 11/4 -3312
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options

I am confused. I know you put 185.9 as your pw when you posted. Do you want me to have it at 185.9?

Maybe I’m confused here are my weights this week. It looks like I didn’t weigh-in

Sat, 10/31: 185.9, This was my weigh-in from last week, so PW??
    Sun,11/1: 186.5 My new weigh-in day. Not much time and a gain ☹️
    Mon, 11/2: 185.9
    Tue, 11/3: 185.7
    Wed, 11/4: 185.1
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options

@littleflutterby if you are weighing yourself alot, turn it into a game. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, before going pee then after I pee, I loose weight that way. and if I have a BM... more weight goes off... haha.

Also make sure you are weighing yourself with the same clothing on, if any clothing at all and the same time each day.

This morning I weighed in at 210.3 I know by the time Friday gets here it will probably be back up to 211, but next week will probably show 210 on my weigh in day, at least that is the way it has been working for me the past few weeks.

Usually I weigh first thing, after I have peed, lol. I do stay consistent (wearing nothing lol) it's just my body being a pain.

Today, I weighed and I was down 2 1/2 lb from the day before... it happens. if it's a regular thing, being randomly bigger on Tuesdays, I may change my weigh in day next month to wednesday.

Either way, the scales *are* going down which is nice. And my clothes are already looser.

I bought some more clothes yesterday or the day before.... made the most of a sale and got some nice sweaters.... in the next size down! And I will fit into them soon, I know it!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 4th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Tomorrow will be all about planning! I'm leaving the house at 12 to go get my hair done.. and it's a double appointment for my wife and I. Then I'm going right to work.... a 4-6 hour set up shift to get ready for Christmas *eyeroll*

So I will have to take 2 meals with me. I'm going to make a salad for my lunch and some leftover cottage pie for supper. So I'm not tempted to eat anything else... I know my boss is probably going to want to order pizza and that is not on my plan for the day ;)

No walk today, work was enough. and my feet are a little sensitive today. Definitely on Saturday though!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    FYI: My pressure cooker arrived this morning and t's huge. I was able to make brown rice in 15 minutes and then mixed the brown rice with ground chicken (recipe below) to make stuffed peppers in only 10 minutes! I easily fit 7 big stuffed peppers in the 12.5qt pressure cooker and after only 10 minutes they were cooked perfectly (170 degrees). My kids had seconds. Still lots of leftovers.

https://www.wellplated.com/wprm_print/recipe/56825

I really like how fast it cooks, the only draw back is that once you lock the lid, you can't really check on your meal or add anything to it without waiting for the cooking to end and releasing the steam. It takes some getting used to.

Keep me posted on how you like it!

eaturpasta wrote: »
    11/01 check in
    drank water...yes
    8619 steps,
    Close rings... yes

11/02 check in
    drank water...yes
    7602 steps,
    Close rings... yes

11/03 check in
    drank water...yes
    8762 steps,
    Close rings... yes

November Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:170.8
    CW:171.4 Evidently vacation time was eating time, no matter how many hikes I did.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.6

Vacation weight is allowed! 😊

Maybe I’m confused here are my weights this week. It looks like I didn’t weigh-in

Sat, 10/31: 185.9, This was my weigh-in from last week, so PW??
    Sun,11/1: 186.5 My new weigh-in day. Not much time and a gain ☹️
    Mon, 11/2: 185.9
    Tue, 11/3: 185.7
    Wed, 11/4: 185.1

I think I wrote it down wrong to enter later. Got it now!

Nov 4th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Tomorrow will be all about planning! I'm leaving the house at 12 to go get my hair done.. and it's a double appointment for my wife and I. Then I'm going right to work.... a 4-6 hour set up shift to get ready for Christmas *eyeroll*

So I will have to take 2 meals with me. I'm going to make a salad for my lunch and some leftover cottage pie for supper. So I'm not tempted to eat anything else... I know my boss is probably going to want to order pizza and that is not on my plan for the day ;)

No walk today, work was enough. and my feet are a little sensitive today. Definitely on Saturday though!

Great Check in! I got my hair done Saturday and it is relaxing for me. Sounds like you have a good plan for tomorrow.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Wednesday, Nov. 4

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Calories: YES
    😴 Sleep: NO

STEPS
    WED. 11/4: 9,200 (Spinning) + 12,458 = 21,658
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Making a change does really help weight loss. It took me quite a while to not stress out about sleep, lol. Last night I was able to sleep 7 hrs and 23 mins!!! :D:D

• Bluetail6
    Options
    Goals:

11/3:
    Steps: Yes, 6,304
    Calories: yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: Yes
    Eating Time Goal: Was 9:23 p.m. when I finished eating :p .

11/4:
    Steps: Yes (close, & will report actual # in a separately)
    Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: Yes (7+ hrs)
    Eating Time Goal: Yes, it was close, but not 9 p.m.

Ok, so some really good news.... The treadmill repair tech called (just got off the phone) and it sounds like he will be able to fix the problems. He is going to call the company in the morning, and see about ordering the parts that I already discussed with Life Fitness, that I might need. Anyway, there is the possibility of free shipping! No promise of it, but the possibility. It (of course) is going to be more $ than I planned; but, nowhere near as expensive as replacing the actual treadmill. I am very grateful and happy. :):)

• Bluetail6
    Options
    Oops, for 11/3, I did not make my eating time goal of 9 p.m.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    11/4: 6,147 steps. Will be happy when not walking around my house will be an option, not a necessity! :D:D It is still icy and below zero out. All good.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 5,146
    DBF: 8

My diabetic check was bittersweet. My blood glucose control overall is amazing. The sad part is the damage I have done by not taking care of myself all those years. The neuropathy is from my diabetes and poor blood glossed control over the years. The nerve pain will not get better but now it is a story of pain management. I want everyone to know this because if it helps just one person from being in this position in 10 years from now I will be happy. Being overweight and inactive is a contributing factor in developing type 2 diabetes. I sound like a public service announcement.

I have finally convinced my husband to move. The apartment building has gone downhill since the new management has taken over. Tomorrow we are going to view apartments. I have some scheduled and I am hoping to get a few more today. Some companies you have to view virtually due to COVID-19. I am excited about this! We want to move by December 31st.

Have a terrific Hump Day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking

I'm happy to hear that you blood glucose is being controlled so well, but I'm sad to hear that you may well have nerve pain that will not improve over time. I always believe anything is possible so I will hope that this situation will improve for you against all the odds. Thank you for sharing your story to help others. I wish you luck in your apartment hunting!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Nov. 4
    Tracking and under calories - yes.
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 10555

It was a lovely day yesterday and I enjoyed going to the park nearby and taking a long walk. I'm trying many new foods and I bought some goji berries. They are considered a superfood and have some nutrients that help with several health issues including macular degeneration which I have the beginnings of. They are actually quite yummy and filling so I was happy that I tried them.

I hope everyone has a great day! :)
This discussion has been closed.