Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    WEEKEND CHALLENGE: 14 points
    Track everything ✅✅✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅❌✅
    20 minutes of exercise each day ✅✅✅
    No takeout or dining out ✅✅✅
    Reach your water goal each day ✅✅✅

You did amazing this weekend! Do you think the challenge helped at all?

Hated missing the last of October. My arthritis kicked in sidelined me for over a week. I promise I will be better in November

Dont be hard on yourself. I know when my rheumatoid arthritis acts up I can be knocked on my butt for weeks. You got this.

draby2011 wrote: »
    These last 2 days have been ABSOLUTE insanity lol. The patients I have either been very sick, very needy, or both. I have had so many new experiences and so many situations in which I have literally had to RUN! #ERlife lol

I did somehow manage to lose my fitbit transferring a patient from my department to the ICU which I am VERY upset about, but what can you do? I'm looking to replace it on Tuesday. :smile:

I have been listening to different motivational speakers every morning before work and can I just tell you guys how much of a difference it is making in my day to day life? I mean literally, in every aspect. When I get frustrated or annoyed at work, something I heard during these speeches pops into my head and literally helps me to change my thought process which helps me to a) not be so frustrated or annoyed b) makes me less stressed and c) makes me AND my patients feel better. Also, today I did not bring a lunch to work because I have worked the last 7 days and have had no time. I was ordering something to be delivered and I kept looking at items on the menu like "Ohhhh! That looks so good!" and then that speech would pop into my head and I ended up getting a chicken and cheese quesadilla. It isn't the best but it was definitely the better alternative to what I was initially wanting. I work yet another 12 hour shift which will make 39 hours in 3 days (if I do not end up having to stay longer). I am so ready for a break! lol Thursday can not come fast enough!

Ya'll have a good night! I am going to try to get some sleep! :sleepy:

I think nurses are amazing. I was so proud when both my daughters decided to become nurses. Is there any particular speakers who you would recommend?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Nov. 1 = 13,005 steps
    I walked 3 1/2 miles with my husband today. It was cold & windy, but I was glad to be outside. I work from home now & I need to get out . I bought snow shoes for my husband & myself for Christmas, so hopefully we can get some exercise with them. Actually, I’d prefer to have no snow than to be able to use them, but that’s highly unlikely.
    Tomorrow’s goal - chop up veggies for quick snacks throughout the week.

Great job! Have you used the snow shoes yet? A friend of mine shoe shows and she gets a great workout.
    I swear I posted in here but now I can't find it, so I'll do it again haha

Hi all! Excited to be here :)

My daily goals are:

* Track food every day
    * Stay under calorie goal
    * Not restrict
    * Drink 2L water minimum

My weekly goal:

* Exercise on my days off work (this week coming will be 3 times a week). I work at a busy coffee shop and doing exercise before and after is not very good for me to do right now- the 8 hour shifts are enough! haha. But I *definitely* need to make the most of the warmth because BOY is it starting to get cold outside!

I am seriously so looking forward to this challenge!

Nov 1st Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week : 0

I also need to find my darn fitbit! I swear i found it a week ago (not the charger though, but amazon is my friend there) because i really want to get my steps in!

We are excited to have you here. Your goals are great. I like that you broke it down daily and weekly. Awesome check in for yesterday!

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    11/1: 6,239 steps.

I wound up walking a lot in the house. That was just fine!!

I didn’t see this before I responded to your previous post. Great job!

mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. Wow, into another month already! This past week I've continued to try more Pinch of Nom recipes which has been enjoyable. Looking back, last month I only technically lost 0.4 pounds which is still a loss but very minimal.. I need to step up in the next few weeks before the holidays. I know in previous weeks during the week the scale can fluctuate up and then back down so feels like you've lost a lot more than the small number on weigh in day if that makes sense but, nevertheless feels like the margin to gain is incredibly small. It's a journey and I'm happy that I've kept near 10 pounds off since earlier this year, better than gaining it all back! :)

CW: 250

First of all congrats on keeping that 10 pounds off. With everything going on in the world today this weight loss journey is even harder than before. With consistency you will see bigger losses. Do you use an app to track your weight. I find looking at the information it provides is beneficial to me.

I have done nothing but gain. October just wasn't my month. I can't sit on the couch anymore. Taking last week off did not help. My goal for November is to walk every day, stop eating the junk food which makes the arthritis worse, and try to find my confidence again.
    CW:167.4

Put it all behind you and crush this month. Can you stop bringing junk food into the house? I don’t know what kind of junk food you crave but mine is potato chips. I try and only buy single serving bags otherwise it can be a disaster.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked No
    Under calories
    Steps 9746 tracked
    Exercise Back/biceps strength workout

Yesterday was a relaxing day but I did get my butt in gear and did my workout late in the day and meal prepped breakfast for the week. I was only up .2 this morning which is amazing. Now going to buckle down next few days to try to ensure a loss. Happy Monday all!!!

Great job getting your workout done.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 do you have steps for 10/31 and 11/1?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I will be zero-ing out missing steps today for October so that I can tally it up and post winners :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 4,773
    DBF: 6

Yesterday I threw my back out. I just made an appointment with the chiropractor. I only go when this happens and I haven’t been there since 2016. It is not as bad today so a few visits with him should help. I am so proud of myself for not having a binge in 6 days. Keeping the bread frozen is making a difference as it has been a trigger food for me lately. Bread is something we need in the house as my husband has sandwiches for his lunch durning the week.

I am so excited for November. I have to work hard on my nutrition this month. I found a lot of good information handouts regarding nutrition that I have been given in the past while decluttering.

Have a great start to the week!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 7956
    Exercise 30min treadmill

Went and did some after Halloween shopping but didn't really find much. I did get my daughter some tutus in different colors out of the costume section. She has been getting into dressing up lately so I think she'll like them. Other than that, we all stayed home all day. My husband has been sick for the last few days with a cold so we didn't want to spread any germs to family. Especially my new niece. Usually I call Sunday my rest day because we are gone but I really wanted to report a perfect score for the weekend challenge so I hopped on the treadmill at night haha.

Sunday weekend challenge 5/5

@Megan_smartiepants1970 My step goal is 9000
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    WEEK 4 TOP STEPPERS FOR OCTOBER ARE:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -191,630 steps
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -85,364 steps
    3rd @rlasky85 - 83,129 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES :)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 910,858 steps :)

TOP STEPPERS FOR THE TOTAL MONTH OF OCTOBER ARE:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -599,755 steps
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 481,003 steps
    3rd @rlasky85 -385,924
    WELL DONE LADIES :)
    As a group we walked 4,293,078 steps for October GREAAAAAAAAAAAT JOB EVERYONE :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/1: 12,767
    Daily Step Goal for November: 15,000

Weekend Challenge 11/1:
    1) Track it all ✔️
    2) Under calories ✔️
    3) Exercise 20 minutes ✔️
    4) No takeout ✔️
    5) Hydrate ✔️

Three days in a row! I absolutely know the challenge motivated me to stay on track for the weekend. Otherwise I would have certainly had a boatload of tacos yesterday and who knows what else? Now to ride that momentum through the rest of the week. I'm going to stick with these goals until the next challenge????

Thanks @lindamtuck2018 for the challenge. I hope your back heals quickly💐.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 4,773
    DBF: 6

Yesterday I threw my back out. I just made an appointment with the chiropractor. I only go when this happens and I haven’t been there since 2016.

Oh snap I'm so sorry. I did my back in about 15 months ago and decided to regularly see a chiro. Jacked it about 2 weeks ago and spent a lot of time just lying down to rest. Back pain is brutal

Sending you speedy recovery vibes!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    If any of our newcomers would like to join our step challenge please let me know so I can add you ..also tell me what your daily steps will be ...Thanks :)
  • kjack011
    kjack011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    k9ocup4hmuhq.jpg

Good afternoon. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

My daily/weekly goals are:
    Stay within macros
    Stick to my workout program
    Drink 128oz of water daily

My co-workers and I are on Day 2 of Planksgiving, if anyone else would like to try it (photo attached).

I am looking forward to participating in this challenge!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP (one week) and love the support and friendliness of this group. I'm aiming for30 pounds lighter, and good habits along the way. I have 3 dogs all over the age of 12 but that doesn't slow them down! I have no reason to not get my steps in and I'm shooting for 10,000 a day. I live in Tulsa, OK and it is gorgeous here this week. I like the looks of planksgiving, I think I'll give that a shot, too.
    Goals:
    stay under calories
    steps: 10,000
    Exercise - 2x a week on top of step
    Water - 64 oz
    planksgiving
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for the step challenge.
    11/1 - 10,124
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new to MFP (one week) and love the support and friendliness of this group. I'm aiming for30 pounds lighter, and good habits along the way. I have 3 dogs all over the age of 12 but that doesn't slow them down! I have no reason to not get my steps in and I'm shooting for 10,000 a day. I live in Tulsa, OK and it is gorgeous here this week. I like the looks of planksgiving, I think I'll give that a shot, too.
    Goals:
    stay under calories
    Water - 64 oz
    planksgiving

So happy that you are able to post and be here with us ...welcome aboard :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Please put me down for the step challenge.
    11/1 - 10,124

I have added you to our step challenge ...So happy you want to join us :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 11/1

Steps (goal=8500K): ✅ 9325 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Water (goal= 80oz): ✅
    Carb goal= 145g:❌ too low
    Fat goal= 40g:✅
    Protein= 105g: ❌ too low
    Fiber= 28g:✅
    Exercise:✅
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - yes, the weekend challenge really helped! Thank you 😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 do you have steps for 10/31 and 11/1?

October 31st 7,191
    November 1 4,773
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 7956
    Exercise 30min treadmill

Went and did some after Halloween shopping but didn't really find much. I did get my daughter some tutus in different colors out of the costume section. She has been getting into dressing up lately so I think she'll like them. Other than that, we all stayed home all day. My husband has been sick for the last few days with a cold so we didn't want to spread any germs to family. Especially my new niece. Usually I call Sunday my rest day because we are gone but I really wanted to report a perfect score for the weekend challenge so I hopped on the treadmill at night haha.

Sunday weekend challenge 5/5

@Megan_smartiepants1970 My step goal is 9000

Perfect score on the challenge! Well done!

Steps 11/1: 12,767
    Daily Step Goal for November: 15,000

Weekend Challenge 11/1:
    1) Track it all ✔️
    2) Under calories ✔️
    3) Exercise 20 minutes ✔️
    4) No takeout ✔️
    5) Hydrate ✔️

Three days in a row! I absolutely know the challenge motivated me to stay on track for the weekend. Otherwise I would have certainly had a boatload of tacos yesterday and who knows what else? Now to ride that momentum through the rest of the week. I'm going to stick with these goals until the next challenge????

Thanks @lindamtuck2018 for the challenge. I hope your back heals quickly💐.

Perfect score also! I am so glad it helped you! I will have to come up with one for this weekend.

kjack011 wrote: »
    k9ocup4hmuhq.jpg

Good afternoon. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

My daily/weekly goals are:
    Stay within macros
    Stick to my workout program
    Drink 128oz of water daily

My co-workers and I are on Day 2 of Planksgiving, if anyone else would like to try it (photo attached).

I am looking forward to participating in this challenge!

Looks like a great challenge.

Goals:
    stay under calories
    Water - 64 oz
    planksgiving

I am glad to see you here! Great goals! I adopted a senior beagle a year ago July. Unfortunately, she passed in March. She gave me so much joy .

Check-in for 11/1

Steps (goal=8500K): ✅ 9325 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Water (goal= 80oz): ✅
    Carb goal= 145g:❌ too low
    Fat goal= 40g:✅
    Protein= 105g: ❌ too low
    Fiber= 28g:✅
    Exercise:✅
    @lindamtuck2018 - yes, the weekend challenge really helped! Thank you 😊

I am sure it will take a little time to get the macros consistently on point. I think you are doing a good job.
This discussion has been closed.