Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I hear ya ... I was in an amazing group back then but they were not nearly as talkative as we are here .....I am either not losing or I am gaining lately... I really need to dig deep and figure out my eating (it has been bad as of late) Workouts I got that down ...Congrats on your weight loss so far @littleflutterby :)

Megan, you are working out so much, maybe you have just changed everything into muscle. Have you seen a big change in the way your clothes fit?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,524 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    I hear ya ... I was in an amazing group back then but they were not nearly as talkative as we are here .....I am either not losing or I am gaining lately... I really need to dig deep and figure out my eating (it has been bad as of late) Workouts I got that down ...Congrats on your weight loss so far @littleflutterby :)

Megan, you are working out so much, maybe you have just changed everything into muscle. Have you seen a big change in the way your clothes fit?

I just walk ...My foot has been bothering me so I didn't walk yesterday ......no my clothes are tighter ...I am gaining I really need to get my act together
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    11/23 Check In:

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins walking
    Stay At/Under Calories: Yes
    Water Goal: Yes
    Sleep Goal: No, Almost though
    Eating Time: Yes

How is your dear dog doing?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/24: 17,864
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Morning awesome team ....I hope everyone is doing good .....I go to my Dr. Appt. this afternoon......I need to talk to him about my food .....I am gaining gaining gaining ... I am thinking about taking a break from low carb ...I haven't been measuring all my food ....I am missing certain foods but I also do not want my blood sugar to go up ...so I am at a crossroad .......I am soooooooo unhappy with myself ...I do this to myself every time ......Sorry for the disappointment post ...scale said I gained another 7 lbs....(old scale before I took a shower) :'(:'(
    Awww Megan... we have all been on that upward swing. You can do this. One day at a time. I hope your Dr. provides some support as well. Hugs to you.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,524 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    Morning awesome team ....I hope everyone is doing good .....I go to my Dr. Appt. this afternoon......I need to talk to him about my food .....I am gaining gaining gaining ... I am thinking about taking a break from low carb ...I haven't been measuring all my food ....I am missing certain foods but I also do not want my blood sugar to go up ...so I am at a crossroad .......I am soooooooo unhappy with myself ...I do this to myself every time ......Sorry for the disappointment post ...scale said I gained another 7 lbs....(old scale before I took a shower) :'(:'(
    Awww Megan... we have all been on that upward swing. You can do this. One day at a time. I hope your Dr. provides some support as well. Hugs to you.

Thank you so much
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

You are doing so well with those workouts. I must see exactly what my granddaughters have. Maybe I can borrow theirs when my leg improves. Sounds like you are going to have a nice bathroom when it is finished. Sleep hygiene is so important. I know you should avoid blue screens about an hour before you go to bed. I have a hard time with that one as I love to relax and wind down by playing a game on my iPad.

With the dance games I modify it a little bit because of my body not being the most nimble. I don't jump off the ground for example but my upper body does it's part. Even doing twirls are hard because of my balance. I still do a full on workout though! I am proper sweating after, which is a great feeling.

I struggle to stop screentime at night too.... I am going to maybe ban myself from playing games in bed, just set my alarm before I even go into the room and then charge it and leave it. That's a hard thing to do for me though.

Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: over by 66
    Water: ✅
    Sleep: ❌
    Steps: 4,805
    DBF: 1
    Walk: 10 minutes

I didn’t binge last night! It was so hard but I managed not to. My sleep was messed up as I didn’t take the medication that helps me sleep and I was genuinely hungry. I woke up at 2:30 am with pain and I was up for an hour. I really wanted to binge at that point as I was feeling sorry for myself. I have binged so many nights in a row that one night without a binge might not seem significant but it is huge. I will beat this and being in this group is my big weapon.

I am going to finish up here and then I am going to attempt a walk. I did 10 minutes yesterday so my goal is to get more than that. It is just under 5 weeks to our move. I am so excited! I am doing a little each day so I am not scrambling just before the move.

Almost forgot, my food scale died last night. I ordered a new one but I am going to be lost until it comes in.

Happy Hump Day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 80 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 15 minutes every day

I am so so happy for you Linda! You got through the first day binge-free! Sitting with the discomfort is so painful, but the feeling you get for achieving what you did can make up for that moment of "insanity" for want of a better word.

When I am wanting to binge, I play the tape through as best I can. What will eating feel like- great for 3.2 seconds, instant gratification. But then I feel guilt and remorse. and bloated, very very bloated. Then the next day the craving comes back with a vengence because the sugar, carbs, whatever is leaving my body and it wants mooooooooore. Aaaaaaaand the cycle happens over again.

Also- white-knucking helps lol. Done that many times- just gripping on to the chair, willing myself not to eat.

Oh- and doing something with my hands too. knitting helps me a tonne. it curbs the need to keep busy, slows my head down, and eventually there's a nice blanket at the end of it! haha

This is going to sound like a silly question but do you ever feel sad when you don’t binge? Sometimes it is hard because binge eating has been a part of my life for so long I really miss the relief it gives me.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options

You are doing so well with those workouts. I must see exactly what my granddaughters have. Maybe I can borrow theirs when my leg improves. Sounds like you are going to have a nice bathroom when it is finished. Sleep hygiene is so important. I know you should avoid blue screens about an hour before you go to bed. I have a hard time with that one as I love to relax and wind down by playing a game on my iPad.

With the dance games I modify it a little bit because of my body not being the most nimble. I don't jump off the ground for example but my upper body does it's part. Even doing twirls are hard because of my balance. I still do a full on workout though! I am proper sweating after, which is a great feeling.

I struggle to stop screentime at night too.... I am going to maybe ban myself from playing games in bed, just set my alarm before I even go into the room and then charge it and leave it. That's a hard thing to do for me though.

Tuesday’s check in

I didn’t binge last night! It was so hard but I managed not to. My sleep was messed up as I didn’t take the medication that helps me sleep and I was genuinely hungry. I woke up at 2:30 am with pain and I was up for an hour. I really wanted to binge at that point as I was feeling sorry for myself. I have binged so many nights in a row that one night without a binge might not seem significant but it is huge. I will beat this and being in this group is my big weapon.

I am going to finish up here and then I am going to attempt a walk. I did 10 minutes yesterday so my goal is to get more than that. It is just under 5 weeks to our move. I am so excited! I am doing a little each day so I am not scrambling just before the move.

Almost forgot, my food scale died last night. I ordered a new one but I am going to be lost until it comes in.

Happy Hump Day!

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

I am so so happy for you Linda! You got through the first day binge-free! Sitting with the discomfort is so painful, but the feeling you get for achieving what you did can make up for that moment of "insanity" for want of a better word.

When I am wanting to binge, I play the tape through as best I can. What will eating feel like- great for 3.2 seconds, instant gratification. But then I feel guilt and remorse. and bloated, very very bloated. Then the next day the craving comes back with a vengence because the sugar, carbs, whatever is leaving my body and it wants mooooooooore. Aaaaaaaand the cycle happens over again.

Also- white-knucking helps lol. Done that many times- just gripping on to the chair, willing myself not to eat.

Oh- and doing something with my hands too. knitting helps me a tonne. it curbs the need to keep busy, slows my head down, and eventually there's a nice blanket at the end of it! haha

This is going to sound like a silly question but do you ever feel sad when you don’t binge? Sometimes it is hard because binge eating has been a part of my life for so long I really miss the relief it gives me.

Yeah I used to. I felt like I suffered from FOMO (fear of missing out)

One thing I read once was- is the thing doing more FOR you or TO you? If the thing is doing more to you than for you, then it's time to do something about it. Like a pros and cons list.

But god I grieved for sugar when I quit, I'm serious! I was scared as hell to give it up because of the "fun times" and the times it had been there for me when I felt stressed or depressed. I just didnt notice that I was killing me! I think another couple of months and I would've been over 400lb.

I just said to myself that if I really wanted to binge, I'd not do it today but let's talk about it tomorrow. Instead, I'd take a shower or put on a face masks, or call someone.

I've been addicted to some really hard drugs over the years (well, in my teens)... and I know quite a few drug addicts that have said the same thing- sugar is harder to give up! And binging too.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Tuesday’s check in

Happy Hump Day!

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

I have that without the Cola Zero. I feel like crying
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

Tuesday’s check in

Happy Hump Day!

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

Yeah I used to. I felt like I suffered from FOMO (fear of missing out)

One thing I read once was- is the thing doing more FOR you or TO you? If the thing is doing more to you than for you, then it's time to do something about it. Like a pros and cons list.

But god I grieved for sugar when I quit, I'm serious! I was scared as hell to give it up because of the "fun times" and the times it had been there for me when I felt stressed or depressed. I just didnt notice that I was killing me! I think another couple of months and I would've been over 400lb.

I just said to myself that if I really wanted to binge, I'd not do it today but let's talk about it tomorrow. Instead, I'd take a shower or put on a face masks, or call someone.

I've been addicted to some really hard drugs over the years (well, in my teens)... and I know quite a few drug addicts that have said the same thing- sugar is harder to give up! And binging too.

I think that is part of my issue. I have used food to cope with depression, anxiety and stress for so long. I like that, I will have to ask myself every time is it doing more to me or for me.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Nov. 24
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 9421

Check in for Nov. 25
    Same (Tracking and Exercise)
    Steps - 14769

I've been a bit busy today as I have some supply teaching. I had a class tonight, and I will have a class tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening. I was prepping, walking and I picked up a wii fit which is used so who knows if it works! LOL

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda. I hear you. I have had issues with binge eating. Also, it was in big part to dealing with feelings and stress as you describe. Luckily, I don't have too much stress in my life right now. I feel like you are dealing with a lot. The move and your health..

This may sound weird, but I am just trying to feel my emotions. Sometimes I just listen to really sad music and cry... In fact, I listen to a lot of kind sad and dark music! LOL But it actually helps me. Weird but true! I guess I'm saying you need to find another soother. For example, music is now a soother for me... I don't know what will happen when I get under a lot pressure because that will be another level to deal with. I think handling emotions is probably one of the hardest things anyone has to do in this life.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. I wish I had an answer for you... It just doesn't make any sense.. I wonder if a specialized nutrionist could help? It is really confusing and disappointing as to why this is happening for you. However, you are a real fighter and you don't give up. That is your great strength and I admire your for that. Keep going Megan. It will happen. We are here for you!

@Z10Rtza
    I hear you about the coke zero! I can't give up my coffee! I love my Americanos from Starbuck's. We all need a boost once in a while!

@scribb
    That is a wonderful NSV. It feels so good when your clothes get looser. It is a great sign of what's happening to your body and that you are getting closer to your goal. Congrats!!!
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Steps for 11/24: 8,899
    Steps for 11/25: 7, 129

Great news! I took the leap and bought a Fitbit versa off my local facebook swap site! I am absolutely in love! Definitely an upgrade from my last one! And no more guessing or estimating on my steps :smiley:

Yesterday was crazy, but not COVID crazy. I had one supercritical patient pretty much all day and my other 3 rooms stayed pretty full with less critical things like kidney stones, chest pain, and joint injuries. That was probably for the best because my critical patient stayed with me in the ER for about 9 hours. (We are out of rooms and had to wait for a bed for him, THANKS COVID! :angry: ) Anywho, I pretty played ICU nurse yesterday lol. I was in and out of that room AT LEAST every 15 minutes if not more. So I still did pretty well. I worked at the surgery center today but I walked from the auto shop to work so I got some decent steps in!

Anywho, I have gotten back to fasting and making healthier choices. Been on track all week long and feeling good. Definitely got some energy back! I get to feeling like this and kick myself in the butt for falling off. I am ALMOST back to my starting lowest weight since joining the group so I am getting there. For my weigh-in Saturday I am hoping to be at 230. *fingers crossed*

Tomorrow is thanksgiving but I am not too worried. I will definitely be getting some exercise in these next couple of days though! Super exciting! Check-in with you guys tomorrow! These papers aren't going to write themselves! :smile:
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Nov 25th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Exercise sessions this week- 3 (goal of 4)

Steps- 10,909

Today I was determined to get a 75 min workout in but I ran out of time. I also wasn't feeling it today- very distracted. I found out today that a girl I worked with a few years back passed away. She was probably only about 25-26. It just threw me completely.

So ya, I just didn't feel like exercising much today so I stopped after 55 min/ an hour.

AND I got 3 fillings put in today -_-

But my food has been good. I reached out to some friends to chat, which was nice. and I didn't fall into the food, I'm really grateful for that!

Tomorrow I have therapy which is great. and I think I get some time at home alone to clean up a bit (free exercise lol)

Hope yall had a good, safe day!

• littleflutterby
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    heeeeeeeey @Megan_smartiepants1970 please don't kill me lol. But I made a booboo doing my updates on my steps (I realised I wrote dates wrong I'm sorry!)

Sunday- 22nd my steps were 7805
    Monday- 23rd i got 12,650

Sorry again for being a pain lol

I would never kill ya ...we all make booboos ...it happens .... I can change it ...you are not being a pain :)

That's sweet of you to say, thanks hun!

Honestly, I'm in awe of the work that you and Linda do behind the scenes, especially in spite of all the life stuff that's being thrown at you both! <3 Grateful for both of ya's! <3

Awww thanks <3<3 and I am also recruiting for new members to join.... thank goodness I am not homeschooling this week ... well my daughter is in H.S so she knows the routine on her own now ...been doing it since she started school ...10 years and counting LOL

Reel in those newbies, heehee!

10 years of homeschooling, that's quite a challenge! But great that your daughter has her routine :)

If there's anything I can do to help in terms of, well, anything, let me know! PM me or whatever. I probably spend a good half hour a day on here before bed as part of my relaxation routine/me time, so if I can be of service, I'd be more than happy to be! Might keep me from getting bored and running off (lol, not that I've ever done that before!! :o )

I have been on and off on this site since 2009 ... I had a really bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts ughhhh....I would been at my goal if I had not given up soooo many times ...I know I spend waaaaaaaaaaaay to much on here but I love it here :p ....

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME. Oh yes I feel that. When I started my recovery journey with food, I came on here and joined a few challenges but there was one that was so bloody complicated that I just got overwhelmed and gave up! They had like games and stuff to win points, idk. It was a fun concept but I just didn't have the energy or time to dedicate to it.

And I just think- if I stuck with it when I did, I would've been at a healthy weight by now and I wouldn't have prolonged my misery.

However, I know I'm exactly where I'm meant to be. And I was meant to meet you guys when I did!

I may be a little *obsessive* with this group and MFP as a whole, lol. But it is keeping me motivated and I just need a kickstart. It's like I said a few weeks ago, it's so easy to get caught up with the number on the scale, but in reality, it doesn't matter how much I've lost as long as I do my best and push past my comfort zone.

And anyway, I lost nearly 15lb in a month, that's frigging amazing! I have jeans waiting for me in the next 2 sizes down (thanks to a sale online lol) and I'm feeling better moving around, being at work.... my feet not killing me as much when I am on them for 8 hours. Like all of that stuff.

Anyway I am going off on a tangent (or a Tanya as friends used to call it) and waffling hahaha

This is so motivating and I think it is helpful to get a little more obsessed with the group. I have treated the group the same way I do my tracking "don't have time, I will later, etc" and I think staying devoted (better word than obsession? haha) will help me be more accountable. You have given so many positive results from losing weight and it reminds me why I'm here. thanks!

Aww love, thankyou. Trust me I really needed to read this- nice reminder

My last post (that I did just now) took me like 20 min to type.... I just didnt have the energy to do it. But I pushed myself.

I really need to do this weight loss thing... without wanting to sound dramatic- my life kinda depends on it!

And I am so glad to be trudging with you all <3
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    CHECK IN: Wednesday, Nov. 25
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    WED. 11/25: 2,562

*didn’t wear my watch for long bc I was cleaning and cooking

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those celebrating.
This discussion has been closed.