WaistAways - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Wednesday is waning where I wait (without worry) for weigh-ins - with warm wishing for wonderful weekly winners:
    @ells_runs
    @snakagawa11
    @coffeetwist
    @KatherineSkylar99
    @conleywoods (Thursday)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Wow! What a great bunch of posts to read. Thanks everyone for sharing your journey and your rants. This is fun.

@MandiSaysHey Good luck with your job reorganization. Hope all goes well for you. Wowee on those progress photos. You look great. Collarbones and chin. Looking good. Keep it up!

Welcome back @spyro88! Glad to have you back with us.

@SMcFall0215 Good Goals. You sure have been through it and you are doing is Mighty Woman. I like your keep positive goal. It makes all the difference.

@Gidgitgoescrazy I have the same issue with my knee. Just finished a round of PT which was good, but didn't make it better. I do have exercises that make it stronger. Your knee sounds similar to mine. Bottom line is the more you strengthen the quads, etc. the better off your knee will be. Good luck.

And speaking of loads of good luck. Wishing you all the best with your interview on Friday. How exciting (and scary) to be looking at a new position after all that time. Go get them.

@Kali225 Glad you are here for the motivation and camaraderie. I am as well and you bring a lot to this group. It's a good place to be. And yay! for your sister stopping you mid sentence to notice your skinny self.

@jugar I'm sure I'm not the only one who is thankful for your wonderful leadership of this ship. Your experience, support, and knowledge is a gift to us all.

@FFwife925 Welcome! Glad you are here with us. As a former teacher, I can only imagine how teaching in this day leaves you utterly exhausted. I used to do the same after work. Munch, Munch, munch the whole time I was cooking dinner. It's hard to change that, but sometimes I could quell that monster with baby carrots and salsa. It just has to be there, because I would grab the closest bag of chips otherwise. Very small goals are a very good idea. I set the very small goal of 15 minutes of exercise a day. Something that should not be hard if I am putting myself first. I started in January and was very successful. Lately, I think I might need to revisit that goal and make some improvements. Small is good.

WHY WEDNESDAY?

I am here for the support and motivation. I have almost been at this for 2 years (January). I haven't given up or gained back all of my losses and there is only one reason--the Waistaways group. A whole bunch of lovely, supportive people here. Thank you all. We're all part of the journey.
  • micki48
    POSTING EARLY SO OUR FRIENDS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD CAN SEE IT THE CORRECT DAY.
    mihpx741i9fj.png

Thirsty Thursday - How's your water intake going today? This week? How do you add water to your day? Tricks?
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Why Wednesday - because I need help. Today I hit a wall, or should I say scale. I think am changing but the scale says otherwise and I realized I am just lying to myself. I think I can exercise it off but I can't out run a bad diet. My doctor keeps giving me 3 more months to get that A1C to drop in line. There are only so many 3 more months that I can get. After the scale incident this morning I am more determined. Enough is enough! I am diabetic and I know what to do and I can do it! I will continue to check in and log my food and make better choices. Lower my sugar and carbs. Today was a good food choice day and tomorrow will be too. Next week the scale is going down!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @Kali225 Love that your sister noticed that you are thinner! That has to feel so good 👍

@MandiSaysHey Great progress! It is so good to have those pictures to look back at to see how far you have come.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Good luck at the interview!

@offitgoes Good for you and very brave. You got this!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Steps for Wednesday 15,751
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    edited December 2020
    @MandiSaysHey Wow, some amazing progress there! It must be such a great feeling to look back like that and really SEE your progress. You look great!

@micki48 Thank you, I'm very glad to be back :) Loving that water meme. I'm generally pretty good at keeping hydrated - I drink a LOT of water in the evenings - although this morning I still woke up with a dehydration headache so maybe I need even more! First time back at the gym yesterday so I may have been in need of some extra.

@FFwife925 I'm definitely a small goal setter as well. I think it's great that your final goal is based on how you look and feel. I'm the same, partly because I get a bit intimidated by a huge goal and I don't want to feel like I have to lose X amount and it's huge and unachievable! (I am "obese" in BMI terms so it would be a lot I would have to lose if I worked it out).

So I start with what I can do straight away. I don't even really have weight-based goals, other than that I would of course like to be losing! Most of my goald revolve around going to the gym a few times a week, sticking to my calories, etc. I can imagine how being a teacher would make it all a bit more difficult as well, it is such an exhausting job! Good luck.

@offitgoes Great determination there. You can do it!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Update. I said I didn't have a weight goal. I have just seen this thread. Now my goal is to lose an elephant's penis. :D
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar
    pw 145.5
    cw 147.5

no surprise. :s
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Okay so I missed my Why -

My why is because I do much better when I feel like I need to be accountable, and this group makes me feel accountable... I have been with this group for over a year, and it's great, although I will be honest then end of Nov I asked @jugar if I could switch groups because there didn't seem to be a whole lot of interaction, but I think I was just having a bad day, I can't leave you guys !

I mean sure I still have days, sometimes long weekends, where I completely revert back to my old ways, (somewhat) but having this group makes a huge difference, you guys stay in my head, I know each morning I will make a post, and I will confess my food and exercise failures, and successes... I am buying a laptop or something soon, and I think making my daily posts on the weekends will help... I don't post on the weekend because I do not like typing on my phone, I have fat fingers, and it annoys me and I always hit the wrong button and lose it, so yeah...

So that is my tip- I really think a quick post of your previous days success or failures really helps...

Thursday - Water - I do good with water, I have atleast 68 ounces while I'm at work, and that doesn't include my coffee which I drink black, so I'm allowed to count that as water... I did buy some diet cokes, and I've been drinking too many of them, so I think I need to stop putting them in the fridge and go back to a once a week treat...
  • MandiSaysHey
    @Gidgitgoescrazy I feel you on not liking typing long stuff on the phone. Unfortunately I do not own a laptop and so the phone is my only option, so sometimes it can be hard to reply and comment to everyone.
  • MandiSaysHey
    @conleywoods we have all been there! Don't get down on yourself, especially because that time of the month can cause huge fluctuations in weight. How is your water intake? I find that even if I stay in my calorie budget, I don't lose if I dont drink enough water.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Happy Thursday!

@Gidgitgoescrazy I am so glad you are staying with us :heart: You have style and bring us daily news on how exercise can fit into a busy day, make you feel better (even if it hurts sometimes :grimace: - hope your knee is behaving!), and that even with weekend indulgences or occasional campfire cocktails, you are so much healthier than you were. Having the group's voices in your head is the best medicine!

@conleywoods and @eggfreak and @offitgoes and others having a sad relationship with the scale this week -
    Big fluctuations happen, it is absolutely true. If you have been logging accurately and keeping on plan and it keeps going up, your plan needs to be tweaked. If it just stays around the same for a couple of weeks, enjoy the plateau so your body can get used to one new level before attempting the next. Honesty in logging is the toughest part of all, I have always found. I think logging can bring out the little kid in us - really! It isn't there! It can't count! Frustrating. I'm so happy to see you having that "get started perfect day" @offitgoes ! That one day makes a huge difference in our energy and commitment. Report in often, and we'll cheer you on!

Thirsty Thursday
    I usually have no difficulty drinking enough, but it is not a huge number. I manage about 1.5 - 2 litres a day (52-68 ounces) not including my morning coffee, but if it is hot, I exercise a ton, or eat salty food, that can go up. Mostly I drink home made seltzer water (you should see my hilarious contraption - also home made!). It is somehow more refreshing that still water.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    I've had this next to my bedside, to read and reread and get reinspired when I need it. When you think about how things changed so quickly after that month! whew!
    Thirsty Thursday - I've gotten in the habit of keeping a mason jar of concentrated Crystal Light lemonade in the fridge - then through the day I've got another jar that I'll fill with water, splash in a little of that concentrated lemonade and it makes it much more palatable to drink.

dgh5361n6w6j.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Thirsty Thursday - only 24oz down, but I'm looking to double this before bedtime. I really struggle with my water intake. It's maddening as I know how key weight loss is with proper hydration. I will conquer this.

I have stamps and Christmas 🎄 cards ready so tomorrow night is when I sit-down to write my cards out. I love sending out cards!

Steps update
    2nd December - 3414

Enjoy the rest of your day, Friends.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 599 Member
    @MandiSaysHey you look awesome!! I feel like our faces change more quickly than we think. KEEP GOING!!

@Gidgitgoescrazy I think that's a great idea. I need to post here more. I journal daily and I try not to let the whole book just become a mix of celebrating and berating myself for yesterday's health-related victories and failures - since I have other stuff going on, too! I should talk about that in there.

But here... well, I came home from Thanksgiving with very few leftovers which was great, had some fun with a new recipe this week for dinner. BUT I did make some caramel sauce on Friday, and brought a small glass jar of it home. I have been literally dipping a finger in each afternoon for a few tbsps. As of 1 hour ago, it is gone. Oops. But I logged it! And now I need to get off my butt and do today's workout (a playlist of dance cardio from the youtube channel/creator Fitness Marshall - he's great, even when I can't keep up).

I am also planning on a booty band workout later, but hopefully before dinner. I like to just hop into bed once I am done with dinner and cleaning the kitchen.

THIRSTY THURSDAY

I am on my second 24oz water bottle, but I usually aim for 3-4 of those guys total. I am finding that I definitely drink less in the winter months. Need to work on that.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @Kali225 LUV the Fitness Marshall!
  • micki48
    spyro88 wrote: »
    Update. I said I didn't have a weight goal. I have just seen this thread. Now my goal is to lose an elephant's penis. :D

:) It's a mid size microwave for me! Who would have guessed that's what an elephant's penis weighs.LOL Good luck.
    PW: 217.8
    CW: 219.4

I am super frustrated with this weigh in. I was really good this week after Thanksgiving and stayed in my calories and exercised. It is that time of the month. That is never helpful. I will just keep at it but it makes me sad today.😪

Kristi, remember you have been doing heavy strength workouts. When you are building muscle, muscle holds on to water to repair itself or for some reason like that. In any case, I know when you are building muscle it holds more water. Before you know it that metabolism will be revved and you will be losing like a champ. Hang on. You got this!!! <3

@Gidgitgoescrazy I am so glad that you are part of our team and did not decide to leave us. It's true, sometimes it goes a bit quiet (hand raises) but we all go through cycles with the motivation and posting. In any case, I'm glad you decided to stay. I appreciate you for all the posts you make inspiring so many of us to plan and sticker our workouts. You are amazing and have made so much progress! And I agree, responding on the phone is not ideal. For that matter, MFP app is not ideal, but it's what we've got and I wouldn't want to not have all of you here! (So many exclamation points. lol)

@MandiSaysHey Hey Mandi, Did you post Tuesdays steps and I missed them. I have a blank in between what I've seen. I could have somehow missed it because you are really good about posting.

THIRSTY THURSDAY

I am usually pretty good with water, but have slacked off recently. I am working to be better about recording it accurately and making sure I get enough. I sometime flavor my water with mint from the garden, any fruit I have around. Watermelon is great in the summer, strawberries too. In the winter it's mostly citrus; lemon, lime, orange. I have lemon today. I also drink almost 24 ounces of water during the night most nights. I know it's crazy because that also means I am up 3x to use the bathroom, but I wake up sooooooo parched and can't get enough. I guess I'm a mouth breather. LOL.

Today was a bit of a water breakthrough for my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter whom I watch. She drinks VERY little water and is VERY stubborn (like her momma). Today, while we were in the bathroom I gave her a tiny bathroom cup and said, "Let's have a drinking contest." (Don't want to set her up for future college parties, but you do what you must.) Anyway, she drank the whole thing and did it again and again and again. That is the most water I have gotten her to drink in weeks, all thanks to that little bathroom cup. She said, "That was fun and it tastes good." Hopefully, she will remember that tomorrow. Bonus for me-- I got some needed hydration as well.

Got in a little walk and some sunshine time. I need to do something aerobic tonight, not sit on the sofa looking at screens. I have logged everything and am doing well. I am not quite at my step goal, but will get there today after two days of not making it.

Hope you are all doing great!!!!
This discussion has been closed.