Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,879 Member
    Options
    That my friend Connie is... MEATLIKE!

(or as "they" say at my desk while I'm typing this: dinner and a bit!)
    Your horrified eyes can bask in all the glory of the nice, hot, comfy lump that is sitting in my tummy!

pc3kowu1270v.jpg
    a2kyclnjhv4r.jpg

The muffin cup Meatlikes are for future consumption... but the parchment paper mini ones were mine, all mine--except for a tiny bit I reluctantly shared and for a few veggie fry "examples" I've left for a late night snack!

Note that "dehydrated garlic" was used as a catch all for all "non specific" spices... some cumin, some lemon pepper, some roast garlic, frozen chives, Mrs Dash to name a few.

g8i3n6tyqgus.png

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,717 Member
    Options
    What is that!???

5y9d6jk92n1g.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    you made my shoulder hurt Connie - I burst out laughing so loud!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's not fair for you Laurie and on behalf of Connie I apologize! :innocent:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    You know how I make a hamburger?….I make a patty out of ground beef, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and put it on a Pam sprayed piece of foil on a pan in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes….that’s it!…no egg or anything else on or in it!

I wish I could post pictures on here!…I use an I-pad not a phone….
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You mean you've never mixed a pouch of Lipton onion soup in your ground beef Connie? I thought that was a North American tradition!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,960 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You mean you've never mixed a pouch of Lipton onion soup in your ground beef Connie? I thought that was a North American tradition!

Nope. No Lipton soup in the ground beef. That was a thing from our mama’s generation in the 1950-60s. Think TV dinners, jello salads, canned pastas etc.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options

I buy plain frozen patties and top them with a little Lea and Perrins sauce and Penzey's "Justice" herb blend (shallots, garlic, onion, green peppercorns, chives, and green onion) They are tasty.

All those soup pouches are so damn salty I can't even.

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You know how I make a hamburger?….I make a patty out of ground beef, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and put it on a Pam sprayed piece of foil on a pan in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes….that’s it!…no egg or anything else on or in it!

I wish I could post pictures on here!…I use an I-pad not a phone….

My method's similar. Just ground beef and a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Then cooked on the stovetop without any fat on a ridged iron skillet so that it gets stripes as if it were char-grilled.

Not a trace of onion soup (soup? in a sachet? ugh...) in sight.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    mmmm....onion soup in a sachet :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    nwvncswnc2ga.jpeg
    What is in Lipton Onion Soup Mix? Onion flakes and onion powder, certainly, but also salt, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, caramel color, maltodextrin, corn syrup, yeast extract, and a couple of other ingredients no one but chemists can pronounce like disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate.

The only tasty use for this product was to mix with sour cream as a potato chip/veggie dip for parties. Easy and cheap.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    One of my very few eating rules is to avoid any food that contains ingredients that only a chemist could pronounce, visualise or manufacture.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    One of my very few eating rules is to avoid any food that contains ingredients that only a chemist could pronounce, visualise or manufacture.

I can eat them on occasion, but by and large the foods that are full of them are also full of fructose (which I can't have cause intolerance) and are not very tasty anyway, so omitting them from my diet on the regular isn't a great sacrifice.

Fortunately by the time I started losing weight I'd already dealt with having to restrict my diet to deal with the intolerance and the IBS, so it was something I knew I could do. That helped.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    My dinner tonight is sliced zucchini with spaghetti sauce, diced onions,and shredded cheese baked in the oven….also has 2 oz. of cooked Jimmy Dean sausage in it……
  • PAV8888
    Options
    .... But Connie the sausage and sauce both have preservatives.... (Runs and ducks)😹
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    .... But Connie the sausage and sauce both have preservatives.... (Runs and ducks)😹

BUT, I am staying under my calorie goal two days in a row!….

I have been struggling badly….seem to have it together again so I am going to get back where I was by 2022…. That’s the plan….and most of my gain is from water retention but you can’t eat thousands of calories over and not expect to gain some weight!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey, don't look at me! 😘

While I don't claim that preservatives and other such are ---good--- for you (that would be kinda dumb) I don't much doubt that in a quantity slightly smaller than what I consume they aren't __terrible__ for you either!

As is probably obvious at the end of the day I believe that good and balanced nutrition while important comes second to achieving and maintaining the weight loss.

Of course, if the caloric goals are in the bag then better nutrition is far from a bad thing to achieve!!!😝
  • Yoolypr
    Options

I have been struggling badly….seem to have it together again so I am going to get back where I was by 2022…. That’s the plan….and most of my gain is from water retention but you can’t eat thousands of calories over and not expect to gain some weight!

I can sympathize! I can’t seem to get motivated and am having some days over my calorie limit. I’ve been averaging three pounds over my lowest weight. I don’t think it’s water because it’s hanging around too long for that. Can’t face the holidays and gain more.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I have basically maintained for 10 months ( lost about 12 lbs since Jan 1 ) but I am about 4 sizes smaller lol….maybe my extra pounds shifted around!….I still have weight to lose and I am tired of this yo yo roller coaster I have been riding!….my immediate goal is to get back where I was a few weeks ago and finish this year strong!…2022 is going to be the year I get the rest of this weight off!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I have basically maintained for 10 months ( lost about 12 lbs since Jan 1 ) but I am about 4 sizes smaller lol….maybe my extra pounds shifted around!….I still have weight to lose and I am tired of this yo yo roller coaster I have been riding!….my immediate goal is to get back where I was a few weeks ago and finish this year strong!…2022 is going to be the year I get the rest of this weight off!

Definitely aiming to get to the goal in the next year. I too have been maintaining for a year. I know the pandemic has changed my ability to keep my routine activities and especially exercise. Then there were orthopedic issues for six months. Finally getting back to some normalcy.
    We can do this!