Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,718 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @Athijade sounds like dinner was an adventure of discovering alternatives.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 the only reason I used margarine was because of the supposed health benefit till the trans fat issue came to the forefront.

When you compare quantities used and calories I don't think that there's much difference, if any.

And I would say that now I would consider butter actually healthier than margarine though neither would come close to oil.

In any case, I too use butter on bread though I tend to use whipped butter or very thin shavings of frozen butter as a means of achieving better spread for fewer calories🤔

I see lots of burgers! Hmmm .....

Yesterday I ended up adding farmer sausage and a jar of Classico to the third of left over meatlike spaghetti sauce.

There was enough for both of us.
    So we ended up with me eating more than half on a bag of beet spirals, and dad some on 100g prepared rice.

He has definitely been eating less during these past couple of weeks. Not sure if intentionally as he claims or because his stuffing has been knocked out of him by his trip, fall during the trip, and a cold(???!!!) during that same trip/month

Not sure whether to stay in the sauce mode or branch out.

Eggs are arriving today from a local farm and I still have 5 from the previous batch!
  • TheKookyKiwi
    TheKookyKiwi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night - Homemade Hamburgers

1 Burger is 2400Kj or 600KCals
    1 Burger is a VERY filling serving for me
    Hubby - who is very active - he eats 2

1 Pattie (Beef Mince)
    2 Lettuce Leaves
    20 Grams Camembert Cheese
    1 Bantam Egg
    1 Sesame Bun
    5 Grams Delmaine Smoked BBQ Sauce
    (No Butter or Oils were used in the preparation of this meal!)

9isez3rte22z.jpg
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2021
    Options
    What's a bantam egg?🤔
    How come your camembert is orange?????😹 (Or is my phone orange??)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Baked center cut pork chops, fresh steamed green beans with tiny honey gold potatoes and a salad!…coffee and Itsy Bitsy Tate Cookies for dessert with an apple and almond for my snack….
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Made me a snack/lunch out of 350 Cal worth of beet spirals with the spicy version of the meatlike pasta sauce instead a bar or pre made dinner.

Currently leaning towards splitting a 1.13kg / 1,100 Cal six beef cannelloni package with dad with/without adding the left over less spicy sauce from yesterday (would make the whole thing just under 1500 Cal if I add it)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Dinner was another toad with green beans, carrots, peas and onion gravy. Followed by 60g greek yoghurt (5% fat) and 50g each of banana, raspberries and blueberries. Oh, and 6g nutella. Yum.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV…food is not like articles of clothing!….you might recycle it once but you can’t keep adding stuff to it!…
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/farmhouse-barbecue-muffins/. as3np81mvp8d.jpeg

You may want to tweak this recipe using your meat sauce. Basically it’s canned biscuits and a cooked filling. I generally substitute low sugar sauce for the ketchup vinegar sugar mix. Also use a bit less cheese which I throw directly into meat stuff. Doesn’t burn that way and melts in. Have done it with ground turkey, half meat half mushroom.
    Anyway - the filling is cooked so all you’re doing is baking the biscuits.
    Nutrition info for original recipe is 260 calories.
  • TheKookyKiwi
    edited November 2021
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    What's a bantam egg?🤔
    How come your camembert is orange?????😹 (Or is my phone orange??)

Hehe.. Morning Pav :) A bantam is a small chicken - they lay small eggs roughly half the size of a regular egg. Convenient if you want less calories .. plus the birds themselves are cute as buttons <3

Camembert is not orange :wink: what you can see is a little escaped egg yolk!

Home Made Camembert:
    sss67y2fo45v.jpg

• TheKookyKiwi
    Options
    Have decided dinner tonight will be Filo Pastries filled with Creamy Chicken & Spinach
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Bantam egg and the desire to have Connie razz me about left-overs are making me lean towards a snausage and egg frittata / quiche-cake or however else we want to define it!

Thinking LEFT-OVER boiled baby potatoes from up-teen days ago; LEFT-OVER red onions... oh wait... these haven't been used yet.... some yellow/red/other color peppers..... farmer's snausage and eggs.... there ya go. Don't have milkies and such so we will have to make do without!?!?!?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The baby potatoes didn't fall in...
    ... and I even dug up a can of evaporated :hushed: milk!

o0z07abqgulu.png

5ue7bqjgkm35.jpg

wuh14uwinn25.jpg

• PAV8888
    edited November 2021
    Options
    PAV…food is not like articles of clothing!….you might recycle it once but you can’t keep adding stuff to it!…

You've got to accessorize Connie!

So what did everyone else have?!?!?! :wink: I admit that the tray of camembert picture should be sanctioned as cruelty to PAVs! :naughty:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    That skillet of food looks good PAV….needs cheese and ketchup!
  • TheKookyKiwi
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The baby potatoes didn't fall in...
    ... and I even dug up a can of evaporated :hushed: milk!

That does look delicious. If it were me I'd be adding something green then it would be Perfecto!

• PAV8888
    Options
    You're right about the green! Could have easily added basil leaves or green peppers! And then I would have had a Bella rainbow❣️

Connie I did use ketchup and served it with multi colored baby tomatoes but traded the cheese for clif bars!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,659 Member
    Options
    chives ... !!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Cilantro!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I have another batch of curried potato and leek soup cooking in the instant pot - it smells heavenly! And costs next to nothing....
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Bangers and Mash (Swede) with lashings of onion gravy, with peas here with strawberries & raspberries with Kefir ….Yum!