Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    I like her spirit. Thank you for getting the thread back on track. Chipmunk! That's what every vacationing dog wants for supper.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I didn’t have much of an appetite today….roast beef on a wrap for lunch and Lean Cusine Pizza for dinner, skinny banana bread with tea for a snack….we have so much going on right now I couldn’t handle any more decisions!….tomorrow will be a hectic day, too but I have dinner planned….yay me
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Going out for lunch plus wedding planning with future MIL today. I love her and she has already started to treat me like a daughter. Since Fiance is her only child, she hasn't had the experience of helping a bride she loves plan her wedding, and my mom is busy and already did that for my first wedding, and lives an hour away. Plus MIL has lived in this area longer than I have and may have some small venue ideas that will work for me.

We're going to a Mexican place near her. I usually handle the mammoth portions by getting fajitas, eating a little myself, and taking the rest home to put into burritos for lunches for the next couple days. These days their rice is way too salty, since I've cut way back on salt in my cooking.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options
    So happy for you Alexandra and so exciting. It’s always nice to love the extended family too!

Wise move on the fajitas. Anything other than that usually comes smothered in mounds of cheese 🧀.
    Options
    And I am a small portions person. It doesn't take much to make me full these days, and so in a situation where there's a large portion I look at "how will it reheat/remake" and the best for that is the fajitas. They go very nicely into a tortilla with a little lettuce and shredded cheese, and that makes a very tasty lunch that stays within my calories.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Very happy for you, Alexandra. What a beautiful day for you.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I’ve had to learn to navigate Austin’s Mexican restaurants because it’s the primary type of restaurant/food culture here. Cheese, beans, flour tortillas.... I’ve learned though that it’s mainly Tex-Mex rather than real Mexican food. We have some really fine regional Mexican restaurants and the food is awesome.
    Kind of like the difference between food in Italy and what we get here - like Olive Garden. Not bad but not great either.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Dog report:
    Attempt to eat a deer failed due to tail held back inside car.
    Deer blinked.
    Deer left behind still blinking.
    Left Moose Jaw and on way to Regina.
    No chipmunks consumed as of yet.
    Can't speak as to their psychological state.
    Options
    Had a lovely small steak quesadilla that was probably a little over my calories but held me very well until dinner that evening, so I can't complain. Chicken tacos and then sugar-free chocolate Bundt cake with chocolate icing. I put Chambord in the batter to flavor it, so it has a nice chocolate-raspberry flavor.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wow chocolate and raspberry in the same cake - with icing!
    Hope your day with future MIL was productive because it certainly was delicious 😋
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Left Moose Jaw - you all must have been pretty full if you ate the rest of it!
    Love the deer image.
    Drive safely!

That cake sounds delicious, Alexandra. I had to look up Chambord - and when I saw what it was that cake came to life for me. Despite my comments - I'm not a big drinker - liking it more for taste than anything. I love alchohol with sweets. I would kinda be tempted to have a slice of chocolate cake with a wee bit of Chambord poured atop it - so that it soaks into the cake. Hmmm...
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    You know that there was an illegal mention that requires pictures and instructions for dreamers, right? And I quote: sugar-free chocolate Bundt cake with chocolate icing. Chambord in the batter to flavor.... 😍😘
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Another raid in the freezer for some more green bean stew. <3

E4jDJWV.jpg

cbLi24v.jpg

• lauriekallis
    Options
    I have preboiled some shirataki rice. Hoping to have a stir fry of sorts?

Gotta get off this refined grains kick I've been on. Still sticking technically to my no sliced bread - but I have had pita bread and hot dog buns and oatmeal - I might not worry to much about that - I've really enjoyed oatmeal in the evenings - and it has to be evenings because it puts me to sleep :)
  • lauriekallis
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Oh, Dante, that green bean stew looks soooo good...and brings back such delicious memories...might be time to make some before my mint freezes!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Alexandra what brand of sugar free cake mix did you use? Sounds like a winner if you like it.

Dante that is one fine meal 👅. Wish we could get some decent fish here - fresh or canned. We have very little variety. Mainly catfish, some white fish or salmon usually frozen, and the usual canned tuna, sardines, mackerel from dubious sources. Anything of better quality is very expensive.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thanks Alexandra! I look for it at the grocery store. Usually I avoid the cake mix isle but this might be a good thing for those celebrations days. 🎂🎉
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I made spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread last night. Meant to also steam some broccoli but totally forgot. At least I made food and was able to eat it. So a win in my book. I do have to walk down to the store and get some parmesan cheese though. While the pasta was good last night, it was for sure missing something. Just so used to always having that sort of thing on hand that I forgot to check before my last grocery shop.

I really need to work on my meal plan for next week. Trying to keep it simple. I have some stuff in the freezer I could use. 2 chicken thighs, a chicken breast (really big so easily 2-3 meals worth), some salmon, BBQ county ribs, burger patties, lo mein, steaks... the list is pretty good. The hard part is WHAT to make. That may be my "chore" tonight... meal planning. I also may look back through this thread on my breaks to get ideas.