Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Made not mad lol
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ok … hate to admit this, but I am a convert to riced cauli - 34p a bag - in reduced aisle in Sainsbury’s ….. so thought I’d give it a go .. 4 mins & ping! Bl**dy lovely!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    We had arroz con pollo for dinner, and it was good. Even Son tried it, and reported back that he likes the cheese on the chicken but that cheese on rice is Wrong. (He and I are both autistic, so I understand exactly what he means, and am not offended.) So next time that comes up he can have an alternate meal.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @Bella_Figura thinly sliced brussel sprouts actually cook up beautifully in stir fry!

The avocado soup was quite good! Essentially you just blend avocados, cilanto, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor and add some spices (salt, red pepper flakes, cumin). Serve it chilled, we topped it with our favorite hot sauce and some toasted pumpkin seeds. It was light and creamy and refreshing. Yum!

I was feeling snacky and had 2 more plums this evening, plus some of these puffed corn chip things. I'm close to but below maintenance again today. A 4 mile walk this morning helped.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    Ok … hate to admit this, but I am a convert to riced cauli - 34p a bag - in reduced aisle in Sainsbury’s ….. so thought I’d give it a go .. 4 mins & ping! Bl**dy lovely!

It is surprisingly good! I put it in a small fry pan with a dribble of water and a lid and 1 min later it seems okay.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Today was another day of outrageous fun at a local (relatively?) quarry with grown kids and grandson. Ridiculous food choices, french fries, ice cream cone, honey cruller donut, finally some sanity at a very late dinner (almost 9) with falafel, tomatoes from the garden and hummus. But managed an almost 1000 calorie deficit. What a great day :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Today is Hot Italian Beef sandwiches. I premake the beef with the green peppers and oregano in the crock pot, then do up packets that each serve for one lunch. I just have to cut the ciabatta rolls and assemble the sandwiches, then toast the cheese under the broiler, and yum.

Tonight is arroz con pollo. Rice is made, chicken is made, I'll just have to warm them up and make the cheese sauce.

I need to take lessons from you. Though my freezer is a bit full atm so I am limited in what I can get up there. But the Italian Beef prep sounds like something that would suit me well, especially breaking it up into enough for just a couple sandwiches (which would be 2 meals for me). Going to go back through this thread and look at some of the other items you prep and make a list. Once I eat through some of what I have on hand (I have frozen meals, salmon, steak, and tortilla crusted tilapia taking up ALL the room... stupid small freezer), then I will focus on that sort of thing.

Yesterday was the same as the day before though I used a sweet mustard dressing instead of the asian dressing on my lunch bowl. I also added cherry tomatoes from my own plant. The sweet mustard dressing is from the same local company as the asian dressing and is seriously my favorite. Gonna need to buy another bottle of each this week at the Farmer's Market.

Today my breakfast, lunch, and dessert will be the same as yesterday but I am making yellow curry with chicken, potatoes, and carrots. I will serve over rice. This is a favorite when I order in from a local Thai place so I am trying to replace that craving with a homemade version. I am using a jarred sauce from Trader Joe's that is really close to what the restaurant's sauce tastes like.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    I had a plum before my (6.3 mile!) walk this morning. Then I came and had some milk and PB2.
    Actual breakfast was 150g egg whites, 30 g turkey pepperoni, and 120g of charred tomatoes on a tortilla. Oh, and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
    Lunch will be leftover avocado soup and probably some fruit and yogurt.
    Dinner will most likely be baked salmon and lentils with some sort of veggie side.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Went into the city for breakfast, which became brunch because the place we chose didn't have anything my husband fancied on the breakfast menu, so we had to wait until they started serving lunch options at 11am.

I had an 'Arabic Salad', which was mixed young leaves, tomatoes, green olives, beautiful soft creamy goat's cheese and homemade houmous drizzled with green olive oil and served with a piece of flat bread. I had it with a glass of fresh mint tea.

Yummy.

Dinner was homemade chilli served with a wholemeal pitta and a large salad (red cabbage/carrot/cucumber/spinach/yellow pepper/purple and orange tomatoes, onion and beetroot). Followed by 50g each of defrosted strawberries/blueberries/raspberries, 100g fresh banana and 80g 5% fat Fage greek yoghurt.

Double yummy.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Bella - I love your rainbow meals!! So inspiring!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Bella that all sounds soooooo good!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Bella - I love your rainbow meals!! So inspiring!

Thank you! It makes my heart sing to see colourful, vibrant food - it’s a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.

• Bella_Figura
    Options
    Bella that all sounds soooooo good!

Thank you - it was!

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Husband asked for Mac and Beef casserole for dinner and I had noodles last night….I sliced a Zuchinni up for myself and layered it with cheese, spaghetti sauce ( yes, PAV it’s Prego ) and mushrooms, onions, and peppers….it is in the oven and smells so good….John and daughter will eat the pot of pasta!…my snack today was an entire 16oz of honey dew….delicious 128 calories!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Harrumph -- just watch it with that PREGO stuff... you don't want accidents! They could make things real messy! :lol: Mind you... zucchini with (what kind of?) cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and even no-name spaghetti sauce doesn't sound bad AT ALL.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Harrumph -- just watch it with that PREGO stuff... you don't want accidents! They could make things real messy! :lol: Mind you... zucchini with (what kind of?) cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and even no-name spaghetti sauce doesn't sound bad AT ALL.

Shredded mozzerella…..56 g. = 160 calories!…..and yeah, Prego can be messy….one time I dropped a jar of it inside the pantry….what a mess….almost as bad as my spaghetti squash explosion a few years ago….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of partially imitating you if I have time to cook it tonight, or over the next few days if I don't!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I am thinking of partially imitating you if I have time to cook it tonight, or over the next few days if I don't!

I layered it all in a dish, used cooked ground lean beef, and covered with foil stuck in oven at 350 for about forty min….I forgot the black olives but it was delicious and filling!….I wish I had cut the Zuchinni in bite sizes because I was a mess after I slurped it up…oh and I blotted the Zuchinni slices with a paper towel before I used it!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Connie - I took a cue from you and bought some Fiber One bars today for dessert. I've been craving cookies and baked goods, and have had such a hard time finding any that are low in saturated fat. But the chocolate chip cookie brownie and the cinnamon coffee cake one are doable! And that coffee cake one....so good. I maybe ate 3 of them. Oops.

Husband cooked us up some delicious sockeye salmon for supper. (I'm excited to get to Alaska in a few weeks - we should be there for one of the salmon runs and will hopefully come back with a box of fresh caught salmon). I made up a delicious side of lentils and barley cooked in homemade veggie stock, aromatics, and herbs. It made a ton, so I'll be snacking on that all week. It is so simple but so good. That homemade veggie stock is key. So much flavor!