Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    The lemon fiber one bar is good, too….in England, they have a carrot cake one!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Turns out, Fiber One bars have some fiber in them. :flushed:
    I had a ton of calories left from my walk today...and filled them with several fiber one bars. Maybe more than a few. My stomach is gurgling so much. :lol:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Yup... the fiber one bar BOXES are very similar to the effect that HALF A CLAMSHEL of cherries 🍒 seem to have... not sure how I would know this! :blush:

Being a simple boy... I used the nuker and "made" a PC ~1.2kg family cannelloni box out of which I consumed 56.19% (three of the six beef cannelloni basically, but a higher percentage of the sauce: 590g cooked and about 624 Cal) and SOME of the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, dill pickle, red wine vinegar, oregano, lemon pepper... random miniscule amount of knorr mushroom stock sprinkled on top salad I made for me... with plenty left over for midnight snackies!!!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, eliezalot! I treat high fiber items, as well as those with large amounts of sugar alcohols, with an abundance of caution nowadays... 😅
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Breakfast was a fiber one bar, 170 g fat free greek yogurt, 4 oz of blueberries, and 10 g of honey.
    Lunch will be leftover salmon with lentils and barley.
    I think supper will be chaat salad. I've been craving it all week!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Oven baked Hillshire turkey kielbasa, air fryer baked potatoes with light sour cream, steamed southwestern corn, and a plate of raw cut of vegetables…light dressing to dip them in….dessert is coffee and thin biscotti…
  • PAV8888
    Options
    What a nice rainbow even with the fries, Bella!

Connie... what's different about southwestern corn compared to normal corn.... I'm half afraid to add up my calories.... over here we have what's known as Taber corn... which, surprisingly, comes from Taber! :lol:

So I had corn on the cob... and 253g fingerling potatoes plus 310g of pacific white shrimp with lemon pepper, mrs dash... and salt! I possibly rolled the corn and the potatoes through the "grill" where I did dad's hamburger patties (170 Cal each President Choice blue menu lean burgers).

oopsies! I guess three ears was maybe a bit much? 582g/559 Cal (of tasty delicious corn) :astonished:

Well then... I guess that was an 1100 Cal dinner!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    Cycled to the next town to meet friends for a pub lunch, so I've had to estimate my lunch calories today...Lunch: 'Dirty loaded chips' - i.e. lovely chunky fries topped with a couple of tablespoons of 5 bean chilli, chopped tomato and onion and maybe two tablespoons each of guacamole and sour cream. I ate all the toppings but left half the fries. I also had a diet Coke.

The portion looks larger than it was, because the plate was only a side-plate, not a dinner plate.

This actually looks like a pretty small portion - unless the individual fries are huge! Also looks delicious. :)

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV, southwestern corn has diced onions,green peppers and red peppers in it…it was really good….
  • PAV8888
    Options
    My corn had a cob and string... and corn (and salt), and it was gooood..... and I'm so oooooo thirsty!!!😹😹😹
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    You tied a string around the corn?….I guess that makes it easier to get it out of the pot of boiling water!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Ah, Friday!

I started off with a fiber one bar a pre-breakfast snack (just one :lol:). Actual breakfast was egg whites with smoked bacon tempeh, half an avocado, and half a pint of blueberries.

Lunch will be leftover chaat salad with mint yogurt chutney as dressing.

Supper will be doing something with the leftover barley and lentils...but I'm not quite sure what yet. I might form them into patties, dip into breadcrumbs, and bake? With some...marinara sauce? And a blob of pesto? Perhaps on top of some pasta or veggies? (I might need to get some beet or zucchini noodles to solve that lol). I'm open to suggestions!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Ugh, so sorry you have to deal with that Alexandra. Take care of yourself, and if you do order in, pick something delicious!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sending you energy and positive vibes, Alexandra. <3

Getting back on the "just me eating" track today. Guess it will involve some kind of scrambled egg (eggs & egg whites) with a bunch of veggies on the side. Brussel Sprouts for sure....and maybe some kale? There is some in a container in the fridge that I haven't looked at since the weekend. We'll see. It is pretty magical stuff as far as lasting a long time - but I might have found its limit!

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    It's not until you participate in a thread like this one that you realise how boring your meals are! I tend to eat the same meals again and again and again...

So, here's today's humdrum fare:

Breakfast: A 60g slice of multigrain toast topped with mashed banana (95g) and 2 mugs of tea

Lunch: A wholemeal pitta, 40g homemade houmous, and a salad dressed with lemon juice (red cabbage, harlequin tomatoes, onion, rocket, grated carrot, yellow pepper, cucumber, fennel and baby leaf spinach).

Dinner: A plateful of vegetables tossed in olive oil, red chilli and seasoning, then air fried to perfection. It was a medley of colours: courgette, carrot, red onion, white onion, yellow and orange peppers, harlequin tomatoes and beetroot.

Dessert: 50g each of defrosted strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, banana; 100g 5% Fage greek yoghurt; 10g honey; 1 crushed meringue nest.

1.474 calories of rainbowtastic yumminess!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Bella I don’t eat breakfast, and lunch is usually lean meat on flatbread….dinner is my only variety and I eat a lot of the same things….

Tonight I got husband Panda Express for his dinner….I had a small order of fries from Wendy’s with a fried chicken breast plain from there….I cut it in half and had it on flatbread with pickles!…tasted pretty good!
  • lauriekallis
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Friend called and invited me for a front porch beer. Apparently today is National Beer Day? Or International? Who knew? And, wonderful woman she is, she picked up a cauliflower crust pizza too - because she knows I'm avoiding wheat. No scrambled eggs for me tonight! :)