Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,133 Member
    Well I wouldn't call it exactly cool and we only got out at 9:30 p.m. but we're meandering around the neighborhood.

I've got my own version of an RB face I think given this past week
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Highlight today was mcd vanilla cone for late breakfast!

Was lovely❣️ ~ 290 Cal and $1.05 including tax & came with free black coffee (traded a 7 stamp card)

The rest, so far, is random waste 🤢
    Clif chocolate chip peanut crunch ~270

Smart pop fat free 58g popped/194 Cal

Couple of cans of Coke Zero and not so great kurig (my home nabob dark or Tim dark or kicking horse dark, 10 coffee maker carafe "cups" using 60g of coffee grounds is MUCH better❣️❣️)

Melba toast pack and whipped cream cheese for 230 Cal (40g/41g)

No bunnies yet.
    7pm no walkies yet 🥺

Kicking horse got me through grad school. One of my favorites!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    Well I wouldn't call it exactly cool and we only got out at 9:30 p.m. but we're meandering around the neighborhood.

I've got my own version of an RB face I think given this past week

Your RB face probably would have been more RB if you were at your desk - not finally outside! Sky looks pretty happy!

We have some really cool temperatures last night and this morning - Can feel August coming! That drop off when the sun goes down. :(
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,318 Member
    Well it's just gone 7pm, so that's my eating finished for the day!

Breakfast was my usual: 20g of Pip & Nut crunchy peanut butter on a slice of wholegrain toast. And two mugs of tea.

Lunch: I had another bash at making felafal and houmous, and served them with a lovely crunchy salad of shredded red cabbage, grated carrot, cucumber, tomato, onion and yellow pepper (eat the rainbow!). With half a lemon squeezed over the top.

Dinner: Homemade cottage pie made with lean ground beef, over-baked until piping hot, then topped with 20g organic vintage cheddar which I whacked under the grill until it was golden and bubbly. Served with fine green beans, carrots and broccoli.

Pudding: 50g each of frozen banana, strawberries and blueberries, with 100g 5% Fage greek yoghurt.

1,495 calories including the milk in 6 mugs of tea and coffee.

Yum!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Bella, your food today sounds delicious!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella, your food today sounds delicious!

Thank you! It was indeed delicious - proves you can eat delicious, nutritious, colourful food without breaking the calorie budget (or, indeed, the financial budget if you shop wisely and eat with the seasons).
  • conniewilkins56
    My husband felt like going out for breakfast this morning….I do not really like many breakfast foods and I rarely eat any…..I decided to have some grits and a BLT…..no lettuce, no Mayo, took a slice of 5 grain bread off of it and gave husband a piece of bacon lol….because breakfast had more calories than I really wanted, I skipped lunch….for dinner I had cottage cheese, with blueberries, strawberries, honey dew, kiwi, and a banana….I am stuffed and it was delicious!
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2021
    I was attacked by the shelf life expiry Monster. This forced me to prepare a plum pudding in the nuker. It has no plums which always makes me wonder about the name... why is it not a raisin currant orange lemon with rum flavour icing sauce pudding?

It was going down quite nicely and then I noticed the calories label! :blush:

I stopped at 275/675g which was a "measly" 760 Cal :anguished: I admit that at the time I would have been perfectly happy and prepared to keep going. I only stopped because of logging it.

It took about 45 minutes for the satiation signal to reach my hamsters!!!

I WAS actually quite full, almost uncomfortably so for about 15 minutes, and have actually been comfy "I've eaten" for about 4 hours! 🤷🏻

Wanting to eat more of it? Sure. But *not* because I'm hungry! :lol:

Have whisked the remainder culprit into the freezer .. let's see me slurp THAT up without some Prep time! 😂
  • PAV8888
    Bella, your rainbow sounds so... vibrant! I could use some! :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    Frozen sweets are not a challenge…I have been known to devour frozen brownies, cookies, candy and cake…your pudding sounds interesting!….
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    My hidden sweet tooth kicked in today too. When we go out fishing, we always make bets (first fish, biggest fish, most species, most fish, etc...). The one my husband won was a bet of choice of homemade dessert. He wanted a blueberry pie with lemon. I stumbled on an amazing recipe - essentially a lemon bar on the bottom, blueberry pie on top, and topped with streusel. It was amazing. I tasted way too much of the streusel topping while making it (okay, literally half of it), snacked on the lemon filling a bit (that used an entire stick of butter), ate the bowl of leftover lemon filling... then had an actual slice of pie post-dinner. All in all, a slim slice of 1/12th of the pie comes out to well over 400 calories. Plus god knows how much from the snacking. But at least I got a solid 6 miles of walking in?
  • PAV8888
    Yeah... OK. So... who were we kidding this morning?

It is now 22:12... and all 1875 Cal of plum pudding serves one generously have been consumed!

Yup, there existed a problem in the fridge! Took care of it! :flushed:

About the only thing (well, it ain't totally minor) compared to when I would have done this in the past is that at least I didn't ALSO have a couple of full meals in addition to the small one person dessert!
  • Bella_Figura
    I was attacked by the shelf life expiry Monster. This forced me to prepare a plum pudding in the nuker. It has no plums which always makes me wonder about the name... why is it not a raisin currant orange lemon with rum flavour icing sauce pudding?

You need to call the Monster's bluff. Last Christmas Day, we ate a Christmas Pudding with the expiry date of August 2019 that we'd originally bought for Christmas Day 2018. It was delicious. None of us suffered any ill-effects. This forthcoming Christmas Day we'll eat the Christmas Pudding we originally bought for Christmas Day 2019, and on Christmas Day 2022 we'll finally get to eat the Christmas Pudding we bought for Christmas Day 2020.

We always crumble the leftovers into good quality vanilla ice-cream and store in the freezer, which means we're able to eat Christmas Pud flavour ice-cream until Easter.

This year I must remember not to buy one because I already have two waiting to be eaten...

• If I go get the ingredients for pico de gallo, we will have Mexican wraps for lunch, and I have no idea what dinner will be. Sunday night is usually a refrigerator cleanout to make way for the week ahead.
  • conniewilkins56
    Tonight is tiny white new potatoes boiled with fresh green beans from the produce market…..hillshire turkey kielbasa along with it….coffee, strawberries, honey dew and mini vanilla wafers for dessert….
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Hi end living today!

And on the plus side, I pay to test the software fixes for the 737 Max👍
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    A revelation re this "filling protein-rich snack or MEAL by our friends at Starbucks: https://www.starbucks.ca/menu/product/2123423/single?parent=/food/lunch/snack-boxes

FILLING for your pocketbook? Probably!
    For my tummy? Not as much!💩
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yesterday was weird food wise - no time for lunch, was a quick breakie and then out - no food then poor choices as really hungry!
    Today went to craft market & had high calorie food - so had a
    Veggie stir fry tonight with plant based alt to chicken- healther than rest of day
    Then out to earn some calories on bike - feel bit better re calories!
    ….. scale says losing - another 1.5 lbs this week
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    A revelation re this "filling protein-rich snack or MEAL by our friends at Starbucks: https://www.starbucks.ca/menu/product/2123423/single?parent=/food/lunch/snack-boxes

That does look pretty skimpy! Can't imagine what it looked like in real life.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021

That does look pretty skimpy! Can't imagine what it looked like in real life.

Sad. Really really sad! Still waiting for the filling memo!!!😂 And lest we get confused the salami slices are thumb width, smaller than lunchables... not deli sized!

I'm thinking dinner will be inspired by Connie! Details to be arranged.