Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Well first of all I probably need new glasses since it's not the first time this happens; but, Alexandra, your broiled steak for a few seconds looked like a boiled steak to me and I was having some cognitive dissonance associating you with such a crime ❣️

My apologies to Bella and Laurie for not doing a better job proofreading. Indeed Laurie's interpretation is absolutely correct.

I was sitting there minding my own business when a paper plate (which I strongly suspect comes from a stack specifically purchased for me) arrived with a slice of Lahm bi ajeen. Which is an extremely thin but strong crust (think wood oven extremely thin crust pizza) with a thin coating of minced meat with some fresh tomatoes and spices. Again the height of the whole contraption is like millimeters: think crepe not pancake.

Extremely tasty of course even if you commit sacrilege and roll your portion to eat😹👍

Thinking of doing what I didn't do yesterday for lunch... A bag of zucchini noodles maybe mixed with a pack of the light shin noodles I bought the other day. The whole thing will be about 400 calories.

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

I was sitting there minding my own business when a paper plate (which I strongly suspect comes from a stack specifically purchased for me) arrived with a slice of Lahm bi ajeen. Which is an extremely thin but strong crust (think wood oven extremely thin crust pizza) with a thin coating of minced meat with some fresh tomatoes and spices. Again the height of the whole contraption is like millimeters: think crepe not pancake.
    Extremely tasty of course even if you commit sacrilege and roll your portion to eat😹👍

….Wish someone would ambush me with a Lahm bi ajeen! 😍

Chicken fajitas here tonight… I have had a stab a making bread today, as I obviously have too much time on my hands … not! Is incredibly dense …. A thin slice weighed 107gms! … was okay and made a lovely tomato and salad cream sarnie! Might have indigestion later … where’s the Lansaprazole?

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »

….Wish someone would ambush me with a Lahm bi ajeen! 😍

Yes, me too! It sounds delicious!
    Janatki wrote: »
    Chicken fajitas here tonight… I have had a stab a making bread today, as I obviously have too much time on my hands … not! Is incredibly dense …. A thin slice weighed 107gms! … was okay and made a lovely tomato and salad cream sarnie! Might have indigestion later … where’s the Lansaprazole?

Mmmm, chicken fajitas. And well done on the bread! Can't beat home made bread...

After yesterday's super-healthy day, I didn't quite eat the rainbow today. Breakfast was the usual - a slice of multi-grain toast with Pip & Nut peanut butter. Because we were cycling later, we thought we'd better have a lunch that combined carbs, fat and protein - so we had a homemade burger (just lean ground beef & seasoning) in a sourdough roll, with lots of salad and a little mayo, followed by a handful of cherries. Then an hour before our ride (you'd think we were tacking a stage of the Tour De France rather than a 15 mile jaunt to the local pub) we carb-loaded on a sandwich (peanut butter and banana on multigrain bread) and a tiny (postage-stamp) piece of my homemade 'bike flap' (i.e. flapjack crammed with seeds and dried fruit that I make especially for cycling). At the pub we had a Diet Coke and shared a small portion of fries (though we left a third of the portion, and it was tiny to begin with - so we ate maybe 50g of fries each).

Came in within my calorie goal (1,553) but lots of beige food today. I'll chase the rainbow again tomorrow.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    Supper tonight - pulled some "chili con kale" :D from the freezer - that and little gem potatoes, a bit of sourcream and butter. Pretty spectacular seeming!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Supper turned out pretty well!

First I cooked up some red lentil pasta, and put a big tray of cherry tomatoes to roast in the oven (with about half an onion and a giant garlic clove).

Then I sauteed up some onions, garlic, mustard greens, and cannellini beans. When the tomatoes were done, I put about 1/4 of them into the veggie mixture. The rest of the tomatoes, onions, and garlic I pureed into a sauce with with roasted red peppers, some of the extra beans, red wine vinegar, and some nutritional yeast (thanks @bmeadows380 !). Seasoned with salt, pepper, some red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika.I baked up 2 small cod fillets. I'm absolutely stuffed, got my veggies and protein in, all for less than 500 calories.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Supper tonight - pulled some "chili con kale" :D from the freezer - that and little gem potatoes, a bit of sourcream and butter. Pretty spectacular seeming!

I love pulling out freezer meals! So satisfying, so little effort!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Hello there MRS Meadows!…..welcome back!….

Meatloaf tonight made with lean ground beef and lots of diced peppers and onions in it….air fryer baked potatoes and a huge salad!…..

@conniewilkins56

Thank you! lol But it's not MRS Meadows - I was MISS Meadows.

And getting the name changed has been a long, drawn out process......

Meanwhile, since this is the supper thread, the skillet spanish chicken and rice turned out pretty good, though of course since I'm using cauliflower rice instead of real rice, it was soupier than it would have been otherwise, so we are eating it with spoons out of a bowl.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »

I love pulling out freezer meals! So satisfying, so little effort!

Easy peezy!….when I want a frozen meal, I pull a Lean Cusine out of my freezer lol…..

Bmeadows, 11 years later, my daughter is still using her maiden name because it was such a hassle changing college papers, teaching name, etc….she finally decided not to worry with it!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sad to hear about the beige food Bella! Wishing you luck chasing rainbows! Laurie seems to have the green kale down pat!!!

So far *my* food has been ?:confused:?

The 340 Cal 97g (consistent they are) packet of light shin noodles mixed with the 60 Cal 350g bag of zoo noodles was lovely.

The ~770 Cal of Clif bars while cursing at computers and certificates and public and private keys and firewalls blocking or not blocking or forwarding or not forwarding (and I think I've thrown in some upgrades and new boot drives) for what should have been a half hour job about eight or nine hours ago... well... I think they qualify for beige even if they are somewhat poly-chromatic IRL!

And no flipping walkies yet which with my back currently hurting is making me irritable!!!!! :angry: NO :rage:

I need to find a main forum topic to "contribute" to! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Just get up and go for your walkie. A man and his dog must walk!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Breakfast was some mini veggie frittatas, half an avocado, and 2 nectarines. Lunch was the end of the chaat salad.

What to cook tonight? It is miserably hot, neither of us really have the energy to do anything. I think it shall be leftovers. Leftover beans and greens pasta, leftover mushroom pilaf, and maybe a side salad.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    No walkies yet. Skylar is no longer talking to me and has taken to the back yard and eyeing Sawsan (of the Lahm bi ajeen variety) through the kitchen window. In fear for Sawsan's safety i threw some rice with maybe some 0% Greek yogurt to the beast to keep the peace.

I made a quick "salad" using 300g boiled baby potatoes that were still warm over 170g coleslaw, 300g Cherry tomatoes, 100g dill pickles, 40g mixed hot peppers, and tossed it all with 180g 0% Greek yogurt, 5g mustard powder and 5g olive oil, pepper and I admit to succumbing to salt. An egg would have gone nice... but the beast ate the last one a couple of days back!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    No walkies yet. Skylar is no longer talking to me and has taken to the back yard and eyeing Sawsan (of the Lahm bi ajeen variety) through the kitchen window. In fear for Sawsan's safety i threw some rice with maybe some 0% Greek yogurt to the beast to keep the peace.

I made a quick "salad" using 300g boiled baby potatoes that were still warm over 170g coleslaw, 300g Cherry tomatoes, 100g dill pickles, 40g mixed hot peppers, and tossed it all with 180g 0% Greek yogurt, 5g mustard powder and 5g olive oil, pepper and I admit to succumbing to salt. An egg would have gone nice... but the beast ate the last one a couple of days back!

That salad sounds pretty fantastic :)

Also sounds as if you are almost hogtied to the desk :(

I'm having one of those days today - but have slipped 2 walks in so far and will do another soon (I'm sneaky like that).
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    thought tonight's dinner was the same Chili con Kale as last night with those delicious tiny potatoes...but it turns out what I pulled from the freezer was a pasta sauce - with kale in it too! And almost all the same stuff as the chili, but different spices.

It was fine with the potatoes and some amazing yellow string beans I picked up at a farmers stand on Sunday. Wow. Did I mention how amazing those beans are!!!! And I still have half a basket left to share with the boy tomorrow. Hope he likes them even half as much as I do :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I think it's what, 38+ hours I haven't moved 🤬? Jan I need that balance thing you got ‼️ I think 🤞 this will finally work... estimating 26h to completion. A 5440 steps day when it all started followed by a 3474 day with 20 hours awake 🤬🤬 had a bag of smartpop. Sub 1900k tdee and food day. This post should be in the grumbling section! 00:04 and I'm taking sky for a bleeping walk (and driving out to give a swift kick on the power supply to a "non responsive" machine that has decided to mess with me tonight 💩☠️🔥)
  • eliezalot
    Options
    I think it's what, 38+ hours I haven't moved 🤬? Jan I need that balance thing you got ‼️ I think 🤞 this will finally work... estimating 26h to completion. A 5440 steps day when it all started followed by a 3474 day with 20 hours awake 🤬🤬 had a bag of smartpop. Sub 1900k tdee and food day. This post should be in the grumbling section! 00:04 and I'm taking sky for a bleeping walk (and driving out to give a swift kick on the power supply to a "non responsive" machine that has decided to mess with me tonight 💩☠️🔥)

Miserable. I hope you get some sleep (first) and then some walks (only after sleep).
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Feeling virtuous after a super-healthy day! o:)o:)o:)

Breakfast was a smoothie: 100g 5% fat Fage greek yoghurt; 50g each of frozen banana, blueberries, rasperries, strawberries; 50g carrot; 30g frozen spinach; 10g flax seeds; water to thin it all down so I could suck it through a straw.

Lunch was a wholemeal pitta stuffed with shredded white/red cabbage, carrot, onion, yellow pepper, cucumber & tomato, with 50g houmous, lemon juice and sumac.

Dinner was tortillas stuffed with homemade chilli and mixed salad.

Yummy!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I plan to try baking chile relleno's this evening and cutting the calories down a bit by not stirring back in the egg yolks in the dip. we'll see how it goes. I"m also warming up leftover beef from the wedding (I still have about 2 bags of it in the freezer lol) and I picked fresh wax beans today from my garden - first batch!