Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Lean cusine French bread pizza for me….having a very low calorie day because I ate way too much last night after everyone was in bed!….ugh….I hate being fat and I hate loving to eat!
  • conniewilkins56
    Sure, blame it on the old lady!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    Pizza was apparently in the starts last night!

I posted about my pizza last night ( I thought) and laid all the blame on our beautiful Connie - but I can't see that post this morning! Must have messed it up in my pizza/lava cake/bourbon stupor?!

It was good - but - the morning after :( Up 4 pounds...lol...I'm thinking a good few low calorie days are coming this week. Need to somehow get this weight loss kickstarted again - and hopefully I'll have the strength/willpower to deal with the fallout afterwards.... :#
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Breaking the pizza trend. Yesterday wasn't great on the food front lol. I had some scones that my bff made (dark chocolate cherry almond), we stopped for fro-yo while out running errands, and I had leftover naan, pilaf, and curry for supper. I did work outside a bit, but probably not enough to offset all that lol.

Today is off to a better start. Breakfast was a spinach, red pepper, garlic, mushroom, egg white scramble with garam masala and a slice of naan smeared with avocado. Am currently snacking on a pint of blueberries. I'll probably skip lunch (or have a small tuna sandwich later in the day). I'm not sure what I'll do for supper tonight. I'm feeling lazy already, which doesn't bode well for cooking this evening. I think I'll ask husband to cook up some scallops and make a salad.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Following poisoning myself yesterday on part cooked chicken or king prawns or chorizo that I cooked together in a paella & having a night from h*ll,🤮 ; I decided to revisit chicken & cooked it parmigano for tonight’s dinner….
    470 calories just for the chicken bit! Gulp!
    Beat up the chicken, added passata, garlic, fresh basil, mozzarella (was found lurking at back of the fridge … bit out of date, looked alright!🥴) & Parmesan (that looked like it need using up😬)

Was nice, except served it with white rice; new spuds dripping in butter would have been better!
    Chicken was cooked though 😌
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    edited July 2021
    errr.... that pizza thing yesterday--I definitely think it must have been Connie then!

Jan you're scaring me... I think I like eliezalot's options better! And don't forget the safe temperature thing! :hushed:

Other than my pot of coffee 75% gone so far and necessary to get a hamster or two started, not sure where today will go! Well I'm "smart" and didn't go near the scale before drinking my first cup of coffee or two! Laurie made me look and I'm claiming it must all be the coffee! I'm playing in the 1 to 2lb range unlike Laurie's four! :blush:

Jan, if you're pairing a high cal food item with 'filler' I've found both the veggie rices previously discussed, and I'll be honest, even the konjac based stuff to be acceptable. Konjac stuff is overpriced, of course.

Might change my mind, but I'm currently thinking something lighter paired with the lovely fresh batch of clif bars I MAY have stumbled upon in the grocery store a couple of days back... so veggie noodles or rice or the aforementioned konjac with a jar of classico sauce and I think I spotted a pouch of brisket or something similar... or maybe chop some onions on top before nuking?

Started with 210g 0% plain greek yogurt with 200g of blueberries (thank you @eliezalot). Threw in some 3g of cocoa and about 50g of pitted cherries!
  • conniewilkins56
    Yesterday I had nothing to eat until 3 p.m. so I didn’t eat for almost 18 hours but I was full from my Friday binge….much better and healthier day though and today we went to our sons for an early birthday celebration for me…I had a glass of Sangria but only ONE and he fixed ribs on the grill that were very lean….I had a half cup of potatoe salad and some baked beans, a couple of crackers and cheese but not much!….and a small piece of smoked sausage….Matt made some kind of bread pudding instead of getting a cake but I didn’t like it so skipped that!….who wants bread pudding instead of cake?….lol….I will have to have a light dinner but I am not hungry yet….

I could go for some pizza you all keep blaming me for!
  • lauriekallis
    Today went as I expect - but wow I had fun. Water was amazing - weather was perfect - kids and grandson were an absolute joy all day ! (imagine) Could not have asked for a better day - unless I was delivered lovely food with no calories.

Glad I have another bunch of days to compensate for today. I'm not even going to try to enter everything. Instead I added 2500 calories which I think is more than enough to cover what I ate today - and it comes awfully close to maintenance - which is good because I spent hours in the water without my fitbit so that has to count for something.

Time for bed now....lots of sun and water and my brain is done. :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Glad you enjoyed your day!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    l downstairs Sawsan attackby lahm bi ajeen! One extremely tasty piece. Still 150g. I mean seriously to the gram. And she definitely eyeballs things without a scale! (Most of her cookies are around 29 to 30 g so just over 1 oz)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Made some veggie Ramen last night (I think I posted I was going to make it last week, but that didn't happen). It was super good. While it's not a long cooked broth or anything like that, I feel like it still had a lot of flavor. I did cook the noodles separate so that they wouldn't get soggy in the leftovers.

It did make me wish for fall/winter. I love spring and summer for the food. Summer squash, berries, melons, peppers, tomatoes, greens, and so much more. But I prefer cooking in the fall and winter because it is just too dang hot right now. I was sweating cooking the ramen last night. And yesterday morning I prepped food for the week which meant turning on the over to roast cabbage. It's just too hot!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Today is chicken and jalapeno quesadillas, and then tonight we are having broiled steak, mashed cauliflower/rice pilaf, and green beans left over from the reunion.
  • lauriekallis
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    l downstairs Sawsan attackby lahm bi ajeen!
    Huh?!

I'm going to take a stab at interpretation B) Pav was attacked by a Lebanese meat pie, forced upon him by his downstairs neighbour, Sawsan!

Yesterdays breakfast was a 70g slice of multigrain toast with 20g all-natural crunchy peanut butter; lunch was a heaped plateful of vegetables (courgette, carrot, cherry tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, red onion) roasted in 10mls olive oil and then drizzled with 10mls of sweet chilli sauce; dinner was a wholemeal pitta stuffed with 50g houmous and salad (shredded white & red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, onion, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice); first snack was 100g Fage 5% fat greek yoghurt with 120g strawberries, and 50g each of frozen raspberries and frozen banana; second snack was 30g roasted, salted split yellow peas. 1.500 calories on the dot. A colourful and yummy day.

Great food for the day! Inspiring.

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I had avocado scrambled eggs for breast - 1/2 an avocado, a handful of cherry tomatoes, 2 jumbo eggs (the hubby likes the jumbos instead of larges, which is 20 calories more but has a bigger boost of protein too), and 1 slice of fat free american cheese singles and 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (hubby has introduced me to nutritional yeast as a great source of B vitamins). With the unsweetened almond milk in my coffee, I'm clocking in at 360 calories for breakfast that had 22g protein, 6g fiber, 21g fat, and 12g carbs, so that's only 6g net carbs!

The hubs is trying to keep from eating as late as possible, and I told him when afternoon hits and the hunger strikes, I'll make him this same recipe then and see if this will hold him. Much better, methinks, than grabbing a bag of pistachios or pork rinds!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    I had avocado scrambled eggs for breast - 1/2 an avocado, a handful of cherry tomatoes, 2 jumbo eggs (the hubby likes the jumbos instead of larges, which is 20 calories more but has a bigger boost of protein too), and 1 slice of fat free american cheese singles and 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (hubby has introduced me to nutritional yeast as a great source of B vitamins). With the unsweetened almond milk in my coffee, I'm clocking in at 360 calories for breakfast that had 22g protein, 6g fiber, 21g fat, and 12g carbs, so that's only 6g net carbs!

The hubs is trying to keep from eating as late as possible, and I told him when afternoon hits and the hunger strikes, I'll make him this same recipe then and see if this will hold him. Much better, methinks, than grabbing a bag of pistachios or pork rinds!

Yum...I've just started using some nutritional yeast. I have a bunch, but need to remember to actually use it! Do you put it in when cooking the eggs, or sprinkle it on top?

I ended up making the chaat salad for dinner again last night...it was just so good. I've been so snacky though, I've eaten at maintenance the last few days. Today I'm going to try to save more calories for later in the day.

Breakfast was a bowl of fat-free greek yogurt, blueberries, honey, and a drizzle of honey ginger white balsamic vinegar. Lunch will be leftover chaat salad and a super ripe white nectarine. Supper will probably be some version of lentil pasta with beans and greens, with a side of baked cod.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @eliezalot

I've found I like it sprinkled on a piece of toast and then topped with a fried egg. The egg yolk mixes well. My husband likes the Kal imported unfortified nutritional yeast flakes as they have a nice, nutty flavor to them.

Supper tonight is skillet Spanish Chicken and Rice. It's lower carb since I'm using cauliflower rice but not extremely low carb because of the tomatoes, so I need to hold the husband to 1 serving. I'm going to oven roast or perhaps griddle fry some zucchini to help make up the bulk difference on his plate. I'm also looking at his stats and realizing he needs some more protein big time!
  • conniewilkins56
    Hello there MRS Meadows!…..welcome back!….

Meatloaf tonight made with lean ground beef and lots of diced peppers and onions in it….air fryer baked potatoes and a huge salad!…..