Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    g-a-r-f-i-e-l-d ! ! ! ! ! !

bread pudding is... ILLEGAL!

That tiny appetizer portion you baked? It wouldn't have made it from the oven to the table due to "losses during testing"

I cut it into 8 x 250 cal portions so it has to last us 4 days! 🤤🤐🤤🤐
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Of course I do NOT eat bread pudding….no no no!

This time of the year in the states until Christmas you can not buy anything that isn’t pumpkin flavored!…I like pumpkin pie….that is the only thing pumpkin should be put into or combined with!

I can’t tell the difference between cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

This time of the year in the states until Christmas you can not buy anything that isn’t pumpkin flavored!…I like pumpkin pie….that is the only thing pumpkin should be put into or combined with!

I can’t tell the difference between cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice!

I am right there with you on pumpkin flavored things. and at that, I only like MY pumpkin pie.

there's quite a bit of difference between cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. well, maybe not. like i said, I only eat *my* pumpkin pie, and I use my own spices. I dont use a spice blend.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's talk, grumble grumble:

Garfield bread pudding, Dante oil stew, me: pot of oil stew for dinner and bread pudding for dessert at midnight with a side of whatever Sawsan downstairs cooked!

Does anyone see an issue????🥺

I'm going to Connie's for dinner with the pumpkin not touching the spice 🤯😹😹😹

I may or may not post as much next day or three. Driving almost exactly 1000 miles through the Rockies, then pack dad and then turn around for a 6 hour drive to the Columbia Valley🤯

i want bread pudding and yorkshire pudding and pumpkin pie. my pumpkin pie. with my spices. i do not want oily stew.

drive safe :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Bbq chicken tenders, yellow rice, and steamed fresh cauliflower….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    How did the rice get to be yellow!?!?!? :anguished: <-- something is touching it!!!! <-- :rage:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    How did the rice get to be yellow!?!?!? :anguished: <-- something is touching it!!!! <-- :rage:

It’s Vigo yellow rice, no added oil….a southern thing!….maybe some saffron but not much….probably food coloring!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options

2b9w56pqxyaj.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Too much good sounding food here!

I guess if I've given up bread I've given up bread pudding????

Pumpkin has surprised me - actual pumpkin, without the spices, is nice and light tasting - lighter than squash - and oh so faintly sweet. I discovered that when I went browsing for a "breakfast daal" recipe - which I know probably makes you cringe, Connie. But I imagine pumpkin on its own might be really good.

I have no idea what I'm having for dinner. Either some of that breakfast daal (which I made yesterday) or Greek Green Bean and Olive oil stew.

hmmm......green beans here I come!!!!!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I read a recipe for pumpkin breakfast oatmeal….you all might like it but I dont like oatmeal lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I can imagine that! And I like oatmeal - but that is another one of those things I'm not eating anytime soon because....I like being thinner more than I like oatmeal!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I may or may not post as much next day or three. Driving almost exactly 1000 miles through the Rockies, then pack dad and then turn around for a 6 hour drive to the Columbia Valley🤯

Hope your trip is just a whole lotta beautiful scenery. B)

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple tonight. Pan seared chicken breast (not sure on seasoning yet), trader joe's frozen mac and cheese, and roasted zucchini.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Tonight is General Tso's pork, with white rice and mixed Asian vegetables. We like pork tenderloin better than dark meat chicken.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin and the big Costco loin are under appreciated!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Still never been to Costco lol….husband isn’t feeling well so he is getting soup out of a can….fixed myself huge fat free refried bean enchiladas….too much sodium but I will cut back on salt tomorrow!…
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    same old boring but does the trick scrambled eggs on a bed of sauteed kale, fresh tomatoes still warm from the sun, brussel sprouts and baked sweet potato wedges.

and

sriracha! :)
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    The temperature has dropped a tiny bit, and so I have switched from craving light, fresh foods (salads, fruits, veggies) to craving carbs and cheese. I was thinking about doing a baked ziti tonight, and managed to lighten it up a bit.

First cooked some turkey bacon and chicken breast slices. Then caramelized onions, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms. Lots of herbs and some red pepper flakes. Mixed some part-skim ricotta with fresh and dry garlic, thinned with some skim milk. Layered vodka sauce, lentil penne pasta, veggie/meat mix, and ricotta in a pan. Topped with fat-free mozzarella (I'm skeptical, but it looks okay so far). It is smelling great, and I'm ready to eat!