Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,611 Member
    I forgot parsley! And according to Dante's recipe the parsley is "NOT" optional. Better get myself to the store first thing tomorrow and pick some up. (that oughta hide the sriracha).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,587 Member
    Connie we wouldn't trade you in for a different model! Though your lack of sriracha is concerning! :wink:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @dcshima a while back I ran into some cranberries that had been bought fresh and frozen by placing in the freezer for 2 or 3 years

After thawing I found satchel of pectin to make jam and followed directions except used zero sugar if I recall correctly but a lot of liquid sucralose. Or maybe 1/4 suggested sugar? There is something where I scraped in the last of the solid brown sugar in the house .. ?

But it turned out absolutely wonderful

with cranberries you dont really need to add pectin. theres enough pectin in them naturally, that if you dont add too much liquid, and let them reduce down, it will thicken naturally pretty nicely on their own. even with too much added liquid it just takes a bit longer. you can also use cornstarch, if you prefer to use a thickening agent and dont have pectin.

ill do really small batch (as in one or two small jars worth) of jams (fruits other than cranberries) sometimes. I rarely use a thickening agent unless I'm in a rush. just let the fruit do its thing on its own. I also dont add much sugar, if the berries are good. but I dont care for a super sweet jam to begin with. my best friend makes a lot and uses pectin and a whole lot more sugar. hubby eats it, i dont really. its good, just way too sweet for my taste, usually.
  • We went out for lunch to a local diner where they served me an absolutely massive breaded tenderloin sandwich, and I immediately took it off the bun and cut that thing in half. As it was I had trouble finishing it. So the other half of the sandwich will be my dinner.

Then we went to a local store and looked at couches and by looked at I mean sat on to make sure they fit us. I'm looking at future surgery and I need a couch that isn't too deep or low, or I won't be able to go to the bathroom by myself. Also want something leather-look because the cats like to put claws in fabric. They don't like the sensation of leather so much.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    We went out for lunch to a local diner where they served me an absolutely massive breaded tenderloin sandwich, and I immediately took it off the bun and cut that thing in half. As it was I had trouble finishing it. So the other half of the sandwich will be my dinner.

Then we went to a local store and looked at couches and by looked at I mean sat on to make sure they fit us. I'm looking at future surgery and I need a couch that isn't too deep or low, or I won't be able to go to the bathroom by myself. Also want something leather-look because the cats like to put claws in fabric. They don't like the sensation of leather so much.

after my grandparents died, i took their (PRISTINE) beautiful butter yellow leather sofa set.

f****kin cats ruined it within months.

another reason to hate them. sorry, i know some people love the demons. lol (i have 2. want them? :D )
  • PAV8888
    Beef tenderloin BREADED in a SANDWICH?!?!
    OMG! :rage:
  • lauriekallis
    Bread kittycat in a sandwich?!

(I didn't say that - I'm vegetarian :) )
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Bread kittycat in a sandwich?!

(I didn't say that - I'm vegetarian :) )

i think it would be tough and stringy lol :D
  • lauriekallis
    :s
  • PAV8888 wrote: »

Nah, pork tenderloin.
    Essentially pork schnitzel on a bun.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    edited September 2021
    when i was with my ex, we had up to... 14? i dont know. i stopped counting, truly.

after he died, the ones i couldnt give away (to people i knew) i kept so they wouldnt go to a kill shelter. i dont like them but i dont want them to die, either. not that way, anyway. so that left me with... 5? 3 have passed on (finally *kitten* hole cat died, he was just a jerk, lived to about 18 years old?). 2 left. i dont know how old they are. 10?12? not old enough. LMAO

at least one of them is a decent mouser. so, theres that, i guess....
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    we are having steak and salad for dinner. hubby and the boy are having a baked potato with theirs.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »

It’s an Indiana thing….I lived and grew up in Indiana for 22 years and to this day I have never had a tenderloin sandwich….the sandwich is usually massive and the meat hangs out of the bun….everyone in Indiana brags that they serve the biggest fried tenderloin sandwich!…people drive for miles to their favorite place to get them…
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2021
    Well, I was attacked by my downstairs peops.... 75g of pan fried chicken livers and a 61g pita bread

*shhhh: DOGNAME got 25g for now and 30g for tonight very well patted down chicken livers. Her 25g were served with 125g plain steamed rice which I separated out from my butter chicken frozen dinner. I had the sauce and the pita and the livers and the remaining 25g of rice

Whew Alexandra, hog-in-a-bun makes much much more sense. Connie.... what can I say!!! :wink:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I do like fried chicken livers but haven’t had them in 20 or 30 years!….I like liverwurst, too….I do not like other liver….
  • lauriekallis
    Made @Dante_80 's Greek Green Bean and Olive Oil Stew tonight - wow - absolutely amazing! But (I'm ducking as I write this) I only used 1/4 of the olive oil the recipe calls for. In one spot it said 100ml - which isn't bad at all - but later on it said "the other 80g" - so I guess it was supposed to be 100g total which is an awful lot more than 100ml.

I used 25 grams - it was delicious - not really low calorie - but amazingly delicious. Just had a bit tonight - later this week I'll have it with little veggie sausages on riced cauliflower and I think I'll be in heaven!!!!!

Chicken Livers!!!???? :s
  • lauriekallis
    Your kitties look so cute Alexandra! Now we have to see their faces <3
  • Your kitties look so cute Alexandra! Now we have to see their faces <3

ony8ag7kqqe8.jpg

m04h87fhws0e.jpg

jq4ij6sfk5om.jpg

• lauriekallis
    Oh my <3<3<3