TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    Today was another success! I pre-logged dinner so I could figure out what I could get at Starbucks for lunch. Then I went to our local state park beach and hiked for 3.5 miles! I only made it halfway to the tip - I had no idea the park was that long. 09lawt3c5l1c.jpg

I am so impressed with all of you logging your weights already this week. I think it's going to be a great week for our team!!!

@annabananamc That looks like a wonderful place to go for a walk!! Sitting here at my desk with a turtleneck and sweater and a blanket coving my legs I am so jealous!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Since we seem to have decided on posting MUAC here, this is mine from yesterday:

1/4/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80+
    Steps: 9600

This morning my car has an appointment for an oil change at the dealer, so I'll walk around there for an hour and save myself waiting indoors during COVID so win-win!

@annabananamc I do that too. My car dealer is about 1/2 mile from the mall so I walk over, shop and walk back. They're always "Are you SURE you don't want the courtesy van to drive you???" No thanks, I'll walk. :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »

On a great note, I haven’t seen this much participation in a very long time so I’m getting very excited about the months to come with this group!

@Krysless2 I know, isn't it great?! The other day when I came back to the page I had 42 unread posts!! It's great to see the new people jumping in with both feet!! <3
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Wow the difference in this thread between December (hardly any posts cause almost everyone gives up over the holidays) to January when you have dozens of posts to catch up on when you log in.

Mini Challenge 1/4
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    active: yes

Sun: y/n/n
    Mon: y/y/y
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I am very down today and so frustrated. I have gained back about 20 pounds since November and just can't seem to get back on the wagon. I start each day thinking this is the day I turn it around, then I end up overeating and then feel even worse. I guess I just need some tough love, a kick in the butt, a push, something! I thought maybe if I post here, it will help, because I don't want to let my team or myself down by gaining again this week.

I know this feeling all to well. The good news is you do get a fresh start every single day.
    I know everybody is different, but I can say personally that checking in on this message board does help keep me accountable. If you ever see that I haven’t been on here for a week or two, unfortunately that means I am off the tracks again.
    Hope you have a better day today!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I am very down today and so frustrated. I have gained back about 20 pounds since November and just can't seem to get back on the wagon. I start each day thinking this is the day I turn it around, then I end up overeating and then feel even worse. I guess I just need some tough love, a kick in the butt, a push, something! I thought maybe if I post here, it will help, because I don't want to let my team or myself down by gaining again this week.

I know this feeling all to well. The good news is you do get a fresh start every single day.
    I know everybody is different, but I can say personally that checking in on this message board does help keep me accountable. If you ever see that I haven’t been on here for a week or two, unfortunately that means I am off the tracks again.
    Hope you have a better day today!

@RisingAboveIt I agree with @erikNJ about getting a fresh start every day. I think my favorite Maya Angelou quote captures the sentiment perfectly. “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.”

I also agree with him that coming here and perusing the posts helps. Even if you don't post yourself, just knowing that there are people going through the same struggles helps a great deal.

Have a wonderful day! <3
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Wow, TBBT!
    You are all doing awesome. So much determination and suppport going around. Keep it up and do not lose momentum. We can achieve our goals.

• brandi_84
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 ok, post it in both places even though there's some duplication...I missed Sunday the start day to post here but I did post Sunday on the spreadsheet on Sunday. New here, obviously...and only on my weigh in day (Friday for me) include my weight to the MUAC do I include my weight here, right? Or do I include the weight here every day?

@maryc11
    I found your MUAC log on the spreadsheet and have it down. You only have to post your weight on your specified weigh in day.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

Thinking of you today! When I check back in I’m gonna have a good piece of *kitten*-kicking advice in store! Lol

• maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 thank you!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Mon 1/4/21
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 26min Fitness Blender beginning fitness test and some songs on Just Dance with the kids
    Water: 96oz

I was feeling so pumped yesterday. I made good food choices and was proud of my results on my fitness test. And then my husband brought home brownies. I was still under calories but it was way too much sugar.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Mon 1/4/21
    Exercise: 26min Fitness Blender beginning fitness test and some songs on Just Dance with the kids

I was feeling so pumped yesterday. I made good food choices and was proud of my results on my fitness test. And then my husband brought home brownies. I was still under calories but it was way too much sugar.

@thedestar I understand. This happens all the time. I log and stay under calories and my husband will do an after dinner run to the store and bring home something delicious.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 01/05
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 5828
    Water: 88

Just for today: KD10, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm, mutu W8D2, walk 30 min, 🧘‍♀️YWA D5

Yesterday : KD9✔️, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️✔️, 18hr IF ✔️, read bible plan ✔️, read chapters 📚✔️, Daily calm✔️, mutu W8D1✔️, walk 30 min✔️, 🧘‍♀️YWA D4✔️
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Mon 1/4/21

I love sweets, so I totally get this. Once I start, I can't stop eating them. It's great you were able to stay under calories.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Mon 1/4/21

@thedestar great work! And bonus points for staying under with brownies!
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I am feeling similar. I was doing really well over the summer and put back on a lot because I just lost some focus. What if you make a solid plan for tomorrow? You could pre-track, prep your meals and plan for one amazing snack or dessert that you know you will enjoy that fits in your calorie budget. Maybe that will get you on a track and help move forward.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Looking for some Tuesday Weigh Ins:
    @cozydonuts
    @kx7003
    @lannakin

I hope you all have a nice evening! :)
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11