Daily Check In

Replies

• Cedura
    Cedura Posts: 184 Member
    Did I follow my diet today? Yes, but I went over on sugar and sodium. I couldnt pass up chocolate cake today.
    Did I drink enough water? no, but I did better than yesterday and avoided the soda.
    Cardio: (what and how long) Walking 40 minutes
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) none
    Challenge completed? I start tomorrow. WHoo hoo!
    Did I take my vitamin? Need to buy some still.
    How do I feel about my day? I feel pretty good about it. The chocolate cake was delicious, but almost too rich now. I couldnt finish the piece I had because it was really just too much. I think thats a good thing.
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Have you ever taken multi-vitamins before? I take a generic Women's One A Day. It kinda makes me feel nauseous if I take it in the morning or afternoon so I have to take mine at night. Just an FYI. Also when is the last time you got a physical? You can see if you have any vitamin deficiency through blood test. I live in Massachusetts and most people in New England are vitamin D deficient because most of the year we don't have strong sun. I'm actually severely deficient (cuz I'm lactose intolerant too) so the multi has 1000 IUs of vit D and then I take another 2000 IUs. Doing this actually helped me have more energy!!
  • MetalPisces
    11/16/13
    Name: Julie
    Did I follow my diet? I ate a TON today but I did so much work! probably more than I actually logged
    Did i drink enough water? soooooooooo thirsty from all the work I did so this is BLASTED out of the water
    Cardio? Let's just say I did a lot of work with a chainsaw outside in the yard today! taking down weeds that look like trees, pulling weeds, cleaning, just nuts
    Abs? giving myself a break with all the work I did!
    Did I do the challenge? 1/2
    Did I take my vitamin? Yes, both my multi and vit D will be taken before bed per usual!
    How do I feel about my day? crazy busy, but awesome!
  • Cedura
    Did I follow my diet today? Nope not really.
    Did I drink enough water? Nope
    Cardio: (what and how long) I cleaned my house, made food, cleaned my house again and walked around at the shopping mall. Almost 2 hours total
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) I laughed a lot today if that counts as an ab work out ;-) At any rate I heard laughter is healthy haha.
    Challenge completed? Nope. I didnt do the challenge today because after cleaning my house twice, I am a bit exhausted.
    Did I take my vitamin? Not yet
    How do I feel about my day? I feel awesome about my day. I didnt go over as bad as I thought I would. I made terrible food choices BUT they were all delicious and one day of fun never killed a diet. Its back to the grindstone tomorrow :)
  • Cedura
    Julie I used to take the One A Day weight control for women. I had a lot of UTI problems on it (probably due to the caffeine in it). I have considered buying One A Day general this time instead.

I am VERY deficient in Iron, Calcium, and Vitamin C. I am VERY allergic to citric acid and so most of the healthy citrus foods I cannot eat. I am "supposed" to have 4 servings of bone in red meat a day for the Iron deficiency, but that is a LOT of meat to eat and its too expensive, so I just stay deficient. And I am also lactose intolerant so I rarely get my calcium. I really do need to invest in the multivitamin.
  • MetalPisces
    man, wish I was iron deficient, I could eat meat all day! When I was pregnant with my daughter that was my number 1 craving too. There are iron pills you could take, surprised the doc didn't prescribe them with the amount of servings they want you to take. Def take the reg. women's one day day (I get the generic at Target) I'm pretty sure there is vit. C tabs too
  • Cedura
    Did I follow my diet today? Yes
    Did I drink enough water? No
    Cardio: (what and how long) I cleanedwas around thethe house forto only 15 min
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) no
    Challenge completed? Completed squats and lunges
    Did I take my vitamin? No
    How do I feel about my day? I have been sick most of the day and slept for most of it.
    Hoping I feel better tomorrow.
  • MetalPisces
    For: 11/17/13
    Did I follow my diet today? nooooooo :-(
    Did I drink enough water? Yes
    Cardio: (what and how long): walking around grocery shopping, cleaning, playing/chasing my daughter
    Abs: no
    Challenge completed? nope
    Did I take my vitamin? before bed as usual
    How do I feel about my day? Well, the reason I wasn't such a good girl is my father in-law came today! We had pizza, and I just couldn't help myself, plus I went a little overboard on lunch. I will catch up though. I know I can be a good girl today, get on the stationary bike, walk, do the challenge, and be on track. So tough when you want to celebrate with family! Practice for the holidays I guess! With these past two "cheat" days I have realized something. I can't eat as much as I used to. When I went to Friendly's with my nieces I coulda downed my meal, had two sodas, and an icecream. I was FULL during my meal. I need to STOP eating when I'm full!!! But besides that, I'm WICKED excited about my father in law being here and his girlfriend! I'm pumped to hang out with them all week!!! (yah, I know, love my in laws, rarity in the world)
  • MetalPisces
    For: 11/18/13
    Did I follow my diet today? much better, even had a Mike's hard pink lemonade
    Did I drink enough water? no, bad me!
    Cardio: (what and how long): walking around pushing the baby shopping today for over an hour, and we went to the park for an hour and 1/2
    Abs: I think lift the baby up and down at the park counts
    Challenge completed? kinda
    Did I take my vitamin? before bed as usual
    How do I feel about my day? I had a nice day mostly hanging out with the baby :-) We went to Target to pick up a buncha stuff. Stopped at Kay Jeweler to get my earrings inspected (gotta have them done every 6 mos) Ended up buying my daughter one of the stuffed toys they have where proceeds go to St. Jude Hospital. We did that all in the morning. Then in the afternoon we went to the park! Now that my kiddo is more mobile and steady on her feet she had way more fun! She even went down some of the slides by herself! I took video..yah...I'm that mom. Then we had a yummy dinner with my father in law and his girl and then went to visit my bro in law which was nice :-) Now just watching some wrestling and waiting for the sleep bug to bite me so I can get some zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ.
  • Cedura
    11-18-13

Did I follow my Diet? I did great on Cals and carbs- blew everything else.
    Did I drink enough water? This is the closest I have come in a while to drinking enough. And if I had done water instead of milk for breakfast I would have made it too!
    Cardio- 30 minutes of walking, and some food prep this morning.
    Abs- Nadda.
    Challenge complete? Tomorrow is supposed to be an off day, but I am going to make it my Day 2 of the challenge. I tried today, but the pets were just too much. Tomorrow the dog goes in the crate, the cats get closed up in their respective rooms and I will complete that challenge :)
    How do I feel about my day? I feel pretty good about my day. I ate a bigger breakfast than I am used to, and it kept me fuller through the day. I also tried a few snacks. I need to find some less fatty, less salty snacks. My goal is to not feel hungry between meals as much so that when I eat I am ravenous. Being ravenous is never good.
  • Cedura
    11-19-13

Did I follow my diet today? Yes, I just went a little over on Sodium and Sugar
    Did I drink enough water? Only 6 again.
    Cardio: (what and how long) 125 minutes of walking, food prep, and gardening.
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) 50 crunches
    Challenge completed? YES
    Did I take my vitamin? I bought some today!! I will be taking one at bed time.
    How do I feel about my day? I feel awesome about it! I got the bulbs in the garden! I got my grocery shopping done! I got meals made for the next few days too!
  • MetalPisces
    11/19/13
    Did I follow my diet today? pretty much!
    Did I drink enough water? sure did, I was really thirsty at night and chugged down some crystal light.
    Cardio: (what and how long) cleaning, cooking
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) 50 crunches
    Challenge completed? everything but the lunges
    Did I take my vitamin? Before bed as always!!!
    How do I feel about my day? Lovely day. Gorgeous weather (it was colder, but I love the cold! I really do belong where I live). Got to spend more time with my father in law and his g/f. The baby is thrilled to have them here, she loves them already! I find it so interesting how babies/toddlers just intrinsically know who there family is. I also went to open enrollment for work to check out benefits and what has changed. Found that my plan went up by 14 dollars a month but that there is still all the great additives that I love! I get $600 towards anything fitness: equipment, classes, classes for my family, sports. So I'm considering getting another machine for home. I got an awesome recumbent bike this year (for free, gotta love that) and that has been a big part of my weight loss success aside from walking. Also, I fit into my old size 18 jeans!! Wooo!! They fit me differently though, little snug on the waist and loose under my butt and upper things, I'm cool with that though! But what it shows me if I really gotta work my core to get that belly fat away. I'm feeling so good about breaking my plateau and getting another pound GONE. Just overall great day!
  • Cedura
    11-20-13

Did I follow my diet today? Not at all! I started with a good breakfast and went down hill from there. I did stay under my calories, but all I had for lunch and dinner was junk food. I even feel gross about my day.
    Did I drink enough water? Not even close. And I drank a TON of soda. so now I feel SUPER thirsty, but my tummy is full of junk and I just feel gross. I dont even want to drink because of how gross I feel. I have a glass here by the bed through so I am hoping to knock it back before sleep time.
    Cardio: (what and how long) Got a walk in and mopped the kitchen (which was an accident because I dropped and spilled the water pitcher all over the floor)
    Challenge completed? Only the cardio, triceps and biceps
    Did I take my vitamin? Yes. First thing I did when I got to the bedroom.
    How do I feel about my day? I feel pretty rotten about my day. I woke up late then I had school, and ate out of vending machines (which I really should just not do). I thought vending machines would be "healthier" than fast food... but I think now I would have just preferred a small burger (the burger wouldnt sit like a brick like the potato chips are). The only plus side to my day is that its one less day of class and we only have 1 week left until winter break.
    Tomorrow I plan on making the day more positive. I packed a salad for lunch (I just have to remember to grab it). I pre-prepped breakfast so I can have something SUPER yummy, and I set an extra alarm so I dont mess my morning routine up.
  • MetalPisces
    11/20/12
    Did I follow my diet today? kinda, snack really did me in on the ride down to CT
    Did I drink enough water? too much coffee, not enough water!!!
    Cardio: (what and how long) walking, playing with the baby at the park
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) nope
    Challenge completed? just the cardio
    How do I feel about my day? Welp I didn't get to do the things I wanted to to work out before we left to go see family today. We took a trip down to Connecticut to see my husband's family! It was an awesome day, lots of fun, but pizza for lunch is a killer! Dinner wasn't so bad and I tried to put more greens on my plate than pasta and sausage and garlic bread, but I just LOVE garlic bread!! It was so much fun to see my daughter and her cousin play. They play so nice together!! I also got my daughter to CRACK UP in the car hiding behind the seat and popping up on different sides, lol. Took video and it makes her laugh to watch, hah! Overall excellent day family wise, not some much exercise wise, but Thursday will be better! I also get to go get my hair done, hooray!
  • Cedura
    Did I follow my diet today? Yes
    Did I drink enough water? YES
    Cardio: (what and how long) 65 minutes of walking
    Challenge completed? Only the cardio
    Did I take my vitamin? YES
    How do I feel about my day? I feel awesome! I even managed to fit 2 mini Pumpkin Spice cupcakes into day. I did eat dinner WAY late tonight (its 2am and I just finished supper) because I worked a later than usual shift at work. I am hoping that doesn't sit wrong over night and affect weigh in tomorrow. But no stress if it does :)
  • MetalPisces
    for 11/21/13
    Did I follow my diet today? I did eat what I was going to, but I threw out my back so I couldn't exercise :-(
    Did I drink enough water? plenty
    Cardio: (what and how long) nope
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) nope
    Challenge completed? nope
    How do I feel about my day? Aside from my arthritis acting up (spurted by a normal activity, bending over my daughter's toy box....) I had a nice day with family again. It's going to be sad when they leave :-( And it's going to be sad to go back to work. Sometime I wish I could be a stay at home mom so I could spend lots of time with my kiddo...
  • Cedura
    For 11/22/13
    Did I follow my diet today? No. I was under Cal but it was all trash from eating out.
    Did I drink enough water today? Nope. Darn that soda!
    Cardio: I burned some calories trying to break into my boyfriends car after he locked his keys in and then got a nice walk in while waiting for AAA.
    Abs: no
    Challenge: no
    Vitamin: yes
    How do I feel about my day: I feel as though coat hangers should be more sturdy because I really almost had that car open. It was nice eating out with the boyfriend on his lunch break but the food sat wrong. I am ready to get back on track with Saturday!
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Did I follow my diet: yes, I was actually slightly under my calorie goal
    Did I drink enough water? yes 6 glasses
    Cardio: (what and how long) yes, leslie sansone walking off the pounds 2 mile walk I did it twice and walked 2247 steps
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) no
    Challenge completed? not on one.
    Did I take my vitamin? No. I should buy some.
    How do I feel about my day? Happy. I feel good i stayed within my calories and I walked and burned. happy girl.
  • bunbu
    bunbu Posts: 131
    Did I follow my diet today? Im eating pie and having chocolate but it doesnt mess with my losing weight so :P
    Did I drink enough water? not what i should be drinking
    Cardio: Yes i always do cardio. Was for over 5 hours since i have nothing better to do.
    Challenge completed? yep, biked for the cardio and did 45 pushups, side planks on each side for 1 min, full plank 1 min, 150 calf raises, v-sit hold for 1 min, 5 min arms and abs (pushups and crunches over 100 for each), 100 russian twist with 8 pound dumbbell.
    Did I take my vitamin? yep, i take it everyday....if i dont i pass out from lack of folic acid and iron. :(
    How do I feel about my day? it was freaken awesome i made goal for mileage 101 miles. 510 miles left before the end of the month. Have my goal of 2,000.
  • Cedura
    Did I follow my diet today? Yes, I was under on cals.
    Did I drink enough water? Yes :)
    Cardio: (what and how long) I got a walk in during lunch and after work
    Abs: (any ab work and how much) None
    Challenge completed? 15 minutes of calisthenics is harder than I thought it would be. I did 5 minutes of jumping jacks and thought I was going to pass out. Tomorrow I aim to get a bit higher on that number, and spread it out a bit better instead of all at once.
    Did I take my vitamin? Yes
    How do I feel about my day? I remembered why I hate chinese food and why I love broccoli. I had dessert for dinner which was delish!. And I got to watch Dr. Who tonight.... so that all on its own made it s GREAT day!