TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for 2/20:
    CW: 141.1
    PW: 142.2 (I think; forgot to write it in my calendar)

@richmondwriter, A nice loss...well done, Sandra!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sorry. Previous weight 317.7. I am trying to find healthy low carb meals/recipes. Breakfast is easy, but I’ve been struggling with lunch and dinner ideas.

@aquitteriamnot, it's only a slight up, and you are still down for the month. Maybe try to find some keto MFP friends with open diaries to give you some low carb ideas?
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Date: 02/19
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 5093
    Water: 96

Just for today 2/20: WW26, 5000steps 🚶‍♀️, 18hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm, walk 30 min, 🧘‍♀️YWA D20
    RDBBD5

Yesterday 2/19: WW25✔️, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️✔️, 18hrs IF ✔️, read bible plan ✔️, read chapters 📚✔️, Daily calm✔️, walk 30 min👎🏻🧘‍♀️YWA D19✔️
    RDBBD5👎🏻

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 151.6
    Todays Weight: 154.6

I keep loosing and gaining the same 3-5 lbs so frustrating

@murdog3t
    I keep doing the same. For me I think I lose it and feel like I can relax just a little and have what I want or I can take a couple of days off. You keep coming back so that is good. Don't give up!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    2/19 weigh in 172.0 😣 This week has been crazy in West Texas. Our power was hit and miss (it seems to be back to normal now), school was canceled for the whole week, and grocery stores were bare. I did get my workouts in when I could but a lot of my food choices were bad (partly because what was available). I'm visiting my parents this weekend and when I get home some of my in laws will be there for a few days so my eating probably won't be great.

@thedestar
    Enjoy spending time with family. You did great by doing work outs when you could. I hope the weather will get better and stay better for you.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @aquitteriamnot You are still showing a loss for the month. You're doing great.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,514 Member
    Options
    Saturday 20 February
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 9495
    Water: 60 oz
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    2/20/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 5 cups

I struggle so hard on drinking water! How do you guys drink so much water?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    2/20/21

I struggle so hard on drinking water! How do you guys drink so much water?

@rawrxamberx , Amber, I have a water bottle that holds 4 cups of water that I actively drink while on the computer. I only have to refill it once to get my 8 cups in. I take it with me to work, or on longer car rides. In other words, I always have it handy. I do force myself to drink it, as I feel so much better when I do; For me, it curbs my appetite so I can more easily endure periods of minor hunger pangs and it also helps me sleep better, as I don't wake up because I am thirsty.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Saturday, February 20th

Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, went for another 2 mile walk, thanks to the Hogwart's Challenge. My knee is sore today, but it is what it is.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @aquitteriamnot I rely heavily on Pinterest. They have some fantastic recipes on there

@rawrxamberx I have 2 cups of coffee in the morning and then only drink water. I have 2-3 16.9oz bottles before work and then take a gallon of water to work and drink that throughout the day. That’s 178oz right there

@annabananamc Congrats on hitting 10K! I loved the C25K app!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I blew it on recording my food diary yesterday...

This is our last week in Feb. - let's end it on a high note. My plan is to record my food diary every day and stay under calories at least 5 days. Does anyone else have any special goals for this last week of the month?
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Also, I am going to do @daffy_girl's chicken breast salad lunches, which I forgot to do last week. I will get the chicken ready today.
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support.

I wake up everyday with good intentions. I’m so committed to being healthy and fit, yet some how I don’t do what I plan to do.

It’s silly how when I’m not dieting, I have no concern about calories, weight or macros. But as soon as I try to eat better I focus on every little thing and make a big deal out of nothing.

For example, when I wasn’t dieting I had zero concern about eating tons of ice cream, but on a diet I feel bad because I put an extra serving of mozzarella on my veggies.

I’m struggling to remember that small amounts of progress will add up to me reaching my long term goals. I know it does, but the results come so slowly that it just gets frustrating.

But don’t think I’m quitting, I’m simply dealing with all the struggles that come with making a lifestyle change 1-day-at-a-time.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options

This is our last week in Feb. - let's end it on a high note. My plan is to record my food diary every day and stay under calories at least 5 days. Does anyone else have any special goals for this last week of the month?

I just want to get to 144lbs by the end of this next week. This week I've been yo-yo ing like crazy but only once did I eat any of my exercise calories.

It was as my daughter's birthday today and she brought me round a piece of her birthday cake, a homemade Battenburg. I had half of it, 40 grams and will eat the rest tomorrow. I shouldn't have seen her at all due to lockdown, but I kept my mask on for the short time she was here. I've had my Covid vaccine, and so has she as she works in a school, and she's not been there all week as it's half term. But it's still a risk.

It's sad. We should have been at a spa this week, as we always go there for a few days to celebrate her birthday.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I just thought I'd explain why I rarely eat any of my exercise calories. My BMR is 1104. If I use a TDEE calculator, with a sedentary lifestyle, I maintain at 1325. I obviously ate a lot more than this when gaining weight.

To lose, and it's estimated that a calorie deficit of 500 calories is the number to use, then I'm down to 825 calories a day. So I really need at least 375 exercise calories a day so I can eat the recommended minimum calories of 1200 and see a loss.

I plan around 250 calories at breakfast, 550 for dinner, and 300 for tea time and snacks, and there's not much leeway. I don't always have the last 100 calories, they are there for emergencies!

I wish I wasn't short! My daughter is shorter than me, but because she's younger, her TDEE gives her more maintenance calories. We are currently only 2 pounds different in weight.

My 90 exercise calories today are pitiful!

• richmondwriter
    Options

I just want to get to 144lbs by the end of this next week. This week I've been yo-yo ing like crazy but only once did I eat any of my exercise calories.

It was as my daughter's birthday today and she brought me round a piece of her birthday cake, a homemade Battenburg. I had half of it, 40 grams and will eat the rest tomorrow. I shouldn't have seen her at all due to lockdown, but I kept my mask on for the short time she was here. I've had my Covid vaccine, and so has she as she works in a school, and she's not been there all week as it's half term. But it's still a risk.

It's sad. We should have been at a spa this week, as we always go there for a few days to celebrate her birthday.

When this is over, I know you will have a wonderful time at the spa with your daughter! Also, I can completely relate to the yo-yo'ing. I hope we both meet our goals!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    2/21/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 30 min elliptical and a 30 min beachbody video
    Steps: 10,467
    Water: 135.2oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support.

I wake up everyday with good intentions. I’m so committed to being healthy and fit, yet some how I don’t do what I plan to do.

It’s silly how when I’m not dieting, I have no concern about calories, weight or macros. But as soon as I try to eat better I focus on every little thing and make a big deal out of nothing.

For example, when I wasn’t dieting I had zero concern about eating tons of ice cream, but on a diet I feel bad because I put an extra serving of mozzarella on my veggies.

I’m struggling to remember that small amounts of progress will add up to me reaching my long term goals. I know it does, but the results come so slowly that it just gets frustrating.

But don’t think I’m quitting, I’m simply dealing with all the struggles that come with making a lifestyle change 1-day-at-a-time.

@aquitteriamnot, we definitely need to keep things as simple as possible on this weight loss journey. Personally, I try to find a few foods that I like and that fit into my calorie budget and eat them often. And I like how CICO lets us eat anything we want to lose weight. Nutrition is another matter, but CICO does not care where the calories come from! I am glad you are not quitting...but instead just figuring things out!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess, next year you and your daughter will have your spa weekend, and it will be extra special because you had to skip it this year! I totally get why you have to keep your calories so low....size (as in height) really does matter!!

@richmondwriter, my goal for this week is simply to lose that last holiday pound so I can start losing "new" weight come March!!
This discussion has been closed.