• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Date: 02/17
    Username: Murdog3t

Yesterday no goals
    I need to take the time and post each day it helps keep me accountable

@murdog3t, yeah, I need to adopt this philosophy as well. So far I have still been very much on track, but we all know how narrow that track is in places and how easy it is to fall off of it!! You had a good day yesterday....lots of check marks!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Okay, I am done procrastinating....have a good day, team TBBT!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,514 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92....you know you can always just rollover your weight from last week? Don't punish yourself....you deserved last night's party! Speaking of which, sometime, later on, I would love for you to describe your wedding event. It intrigues me that you got married on a Thursday! There are so many different ways to get married and celebrate it these days, that I guess I am just curious, and again, living vicariously through you!

@cmhubbard92 Definitely do not feel bad about indulging, and absolutely fill us in on the details. But that can wait until Monday. Take the weekend to enjoy your new status and any family members that may still be in town. Did your brother make it? And I believe you once mentioned an uncle? Take your time, and enjoy, the scale will still be there when you are done. :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Okay, I am done procrastinating....have a good day, team TBBT!!

@HASWLRS I was wondering if you were going to reply to each and every post! LOL No wonder you have over 6k!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

@DaffyGirl88, what can we do to help you get you out of your funk? At least it is just a pound, so we do not have to sound any alarm bells...you are still in the vicinity!

@HASWLRS Ah where to begin. Yes it is just a pound...this week. But it's been just a pound for several weeks in a row now, not a good trend. A big part of the problem is that I'm frustrated with my job right now. It's been busy and stressful, which is a good thing when I'm liking my job, not so much when I'm not. My butt has been glued to my chair these last few weeks and I'm only getting around 5,000 steps a day. I'm taking a short break now for a few minutes but am obviously still at my desk on the computer.

Couple that with the fact that my husband's job is very slow ATM. That means he spends half the day watching TV, going to the basement to work out for an hour, or both!! Every time he does that (which is every day...) my blood pressure rises. I want to go back to work in the office just so that I don't have to see him getting paid for not working. :/

So, like a lot of other people, when I'm frazzled I reach for something to crunch on. Or on days like yesterday a glass (or two) of wine. And OBTW Monday is National Margarita Day and I am READY!!!! Typically we'd go to a local Mexican restaurant but...well...not this year.... :(

Does Canada have these fun holidays? If not you are welcome to celebrate with us. I've got all of the important ones on my calendar so that I don't miss them. Just watch this space. B)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Okay, one more for you, @DaffyGirl88! I can actually relate to what you are saying, but just from a non-work perspective. My husband works VERY long hours in the spring. When the kids were little I would resent seeing my neighbour out playing soccer with his kids after supper, while my husband was nowhere to be found. (This neighbour worked in a factory). I could not avoid seeing this nightly ritual as my kitchen window directly looked out onto their backyard! I did not begrudge them this family time, I just did not want to have to see it!

Yes, I do have a lot of MFP posts! I have been a team captain in Challenges like this and others for many terms and those post totals do rack up!! It is very rare that I post anything in the forums!

And as far as National Holidays go, I think we might just follow along with you Americans? Although I have never searched out the "list" or searched for specific days, or even participated for that matter!

Now I MUST go....non-essential businesses opened up again this week, and I have a spa appointment!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    lw: 263.4
    cw: 262.3

@ErikNJ
    Great job, Erik.
    How have you been doing? I hope you have had a better week. Enjoy the weekend.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 3
    PW: 200.4
    CW: 199.2

I did it!!!! FINALLY in wonderland!!!!!

@cmhubbard92 Such a beautiful bride! Congratulations <3<3<3

@mooreshelly09
    I knew you would! Way to go. You are doing awesome!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Jerricajo07
    Week 3
    PW 221.2
    CW 220.2

@Jerricajo07
    Well done!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    This is just no good today. I started running instead of just walking. I ate under calories every day. I ate those dang salads for every lunch. And yet, I am up more than a pound over my starting weight today. Pollen is up and allergies acting up, so inflammation could be part of it. But I feel so discouraged. Trying to focus on the long range...

Post menopause metabolism is no joke. I am sooooo stuck here at 165ish. Like for the past five years I think.

2/19/2021 Friday weigh in: 165.6
    SW: 164.4
    PW: 164.2

2/18/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: yes
    Steps: 5113

@annabananamc
    I agree with @HASWLRS about the water retention from more agressive exercise. It happens to me every single time I start a new routine and it is so hard not to want to give up. Keep with it!
    I am glad to hear that your mom in law's power came back on. I hope She is still doing well.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    To all my TBBT Texan friends
    I hope you all doing well today. And keeping warm and safe. I am so proud of you all for doing your best to control your diet and getting in your exercise in through it all. You are amazing.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @cmhubbard92
    Congratulations Christine. You look amazing! Don't worry so much about your weigh in this week. Enjoy the weekend!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Thursday, February, 18th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, 20 minutes of random dumbbell exercises

If it wasn't for another Challenge, I wouldn't even have done that for exercise! I guess I am feeling a little indifferent, as what I really want to do for exercise, I can't. Which is, to just put on my walking clothes and go for a 5k walk! And although I can dress for the cold, walking alone in the cold is not enjoyable...it needs to be a shared experience! And with the snow, even a "shovelled" sidewalk is still going to be an uneven surface and perhaps a bit slippery, and that doesn't sound appealing, either! I have still been logging my food, and eating at a deficit; it's just without exercise, a daily post seems boring? I don't know.

I did go to see my doctor yesterday to get on the list for an MRI. My knee isn't terrible, by any stretch, it is just not better! I want to start running once spring gets here, and currently, that will not be happening!

@HASWLRS Lisa, I am glad you are going to get an MRI for your knee. I hope it will find what is wrong and will easily and quickly get fixed.
    I do understand how you are feeling about exercise right now. Your posts are hardly ever boring.
    I am glad you were able to spend time with your parents this past weekend, even if the food wasn't great. The time is what really matters. I try not to go more than 2 weeks without seeing my parents or the in - laws.
    Enjoy your spa appointment!
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Weight in: robandy12345
    First week 219
    Second week 218
    This week 215
    Loss of 3 lbs this week.

Documented all 7 days under 5
    Exercise shoveled snow by hand 3 days this week, only hit my step target of 15,000 2 times this week.
    I'm at my pre Covid weight, starting to feel the difference in how my cloths are fitting.
    I did run short distance twice but it was very cold and icy this week. I will start to get more miles in as well as be more consistent when the weather improves.
    Sad my hot tub broke.
    My mission is to keep the momentum going, so I can go into the summer sports season in decent shape.
    Thanks for all the support I get here .
    Peace Bobby
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Friday 19 February
    Track: yes

Steps: 6085
    Water: 80 oz
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    JMTiv1979
    Sat Week 3
    PW 179.8
    CW 181

I need to get myself together! This month has been hard. 1 more week to the month so I can do this!

I hope everyone is doing well. I do jump on and read all the posts. Congratulations @cmhubbard92!!!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support everyone. I'm sticking to the script and trusting the process, but dang it is discouraging some days. In my 20s, I could drink diet coke and eat popcorn for two days and lose 10lbs!

I'm going to weigh every morning for the next week to see if I can get an idea of the fluctuations and dial in my nutrition. Yesterday was 165.6, this morning 165.4.

Mentally, I also need to work on the brainwashing I have that attaches emotional meaning to that number. Like today I was 'Oh, I'm down .2 hurray!' and felt HAPPY, while yesterday I was 'Yikes, I'm up a pound this week' and was miserable. Neither of those extremes is particularly helpful in living a healthy joyful life.

2/19/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Water: 80
    Steps: 1639
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH-IN

Saturday, February 13th: 173.8
    Saturday, February 20th: 172.0

Only one more pound to go to undo my December/holiday damage!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Robandy12345, congratulations on a great loss this week and for getting back to your pre-covid weight! That must feel great, especially with your clothes fitting better! Well done on using your desire to be in great shape for the spring sports season as your motivation to stick with the program. We all need a WHY that we can draw on for that daily "kick in the pants" to keep putting in the work! Let's hope the weather warms up soon so you can get your running plan fully operational!
This discussion has been closed.