exercises - yes - walking
    Steps - 7729

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps
    Feb. 8 -6615
    Feb. 9 - 5167
    Feb. 10 - 9554
    Feb. 11 - 7729
    The best of luck on your upcoming hernia surgery Megan. Fingers and toes are crossed for you!

THANK YOU!
    I wanted to thank all of you for your support about my back/foot injury.
    It turns out it is most definitely the back. The pain in the foot is due to the fact that
    the disk is pushing on nerves that are going down into the foot.

Anyway, a special thank you to @azkunk @lindamtuck2018 and @363days for your support
    and care about my injury. @363days- I wasn't feeling great last night or this morning but physio was helpful and I have a new stretch that is helping.

Thank you @363days for calling me an inspiration! Wow! I felt humbled.
    Thank you also to @Bluetail6 for your continual support. You are AWESOME! I APPRECIATE IT!

I really appreciate all of YOU and your great support, kindness and empathy!
    You guys are AWESOME, WONDERFUL and AMAZING! Thank you! 💗💗💗💗💗💗
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Laura ...I am so looking forward to get healthy and be pain free :) I hope you can be pain free too ...Glad physio is helpful :)
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feb 11
    ✔️48 oz water/day
    ✔️Healthy snack 1x/day
    ✔️In bed by 10:30 3x/week – 4/3 days!
    ✔️Check-in daily with the group
    ❌4,000 steps

@megan_smartiepants1980
    Steps for Feb 11 were: 1,762

With some encouragement, I've decided not to carryover my weight, and I report the truth. I've thought about this a lot today... The self judgment I've had these last few weeks, and also thinking about the weight loss journey we're all on, and that it isn't a straight line. If it was a straight line, we wouldn't need a support group! So, this week I had another dipsy-doodle in my journey.

Weigh-in, for real
    Heatherbluebell
    Thursdays
    PW: 367.0
    CW: 372.0 (+5.0)
    LTD: 68

Yes, I gained 5 pounds in one week. That's 10.6 pounds in 2 weeks. I did just start my monthly friend which has an impact, but wowa. I thought I was doing better. Well, OK, I am doing better. I've had a few NSVs this week, and had a day where I had check marks next to all my goals!

I'm on vacation technically now. I have to work OT again tomorrow, and I have to finish an assignment for a course I was in this week. But, after those things, I'm really looking forward to this week. I know I need to do some more thinking and strategizing and DOING to stop this rapid increase in weight.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    You did well pushing through the depression. It would have been so easy to throw in the towel and eat like crazy.

@888Angie888
    Awesome loss!

@Bluetail6
    Amazing loss and a new decade too! I like how you are setting your calories to work for you. I have never checked but can you change your calorie goal daily on the mfp app? This is something I would like to try. I have been working on a calorie average for the week so I do go over on the weekends. Thanks for the idea.

@rlaskey2
    I find it hard to walk up and down the halls with a mask, I can’t imagine running.

@missGYST
    Awesome loss!

@Beautyofdreams
    Exercise is a natural antidepressant so you are so right on moving. I agree with you, March can’t come soon enough!

@heatherbluebell
    I have carried over your weight. With your list why don’t you put it on paper and post it where you can see it. You have done very well with your goals this week.

@jimboden3
    I can’t wait to see that rowing machine! I like your positive attitude.

@Piqueaboo
    Sleep and weight loss are definitely connected. Hopefully, the weather allows walking soon and keep the positive spirit.

Go the "My Home" page. Click on "Goals." The first category on the left is "Daily Nutrition Goals." Click on the "Edit" button. On the right side, you should see "Set Daily Custom Goals." Click on the "Add Daily Goal." You will see the days of the week. Also, you will see "Calories" under the days of the week. The calorie goal you will initially see is the calorie goal you initially set, or MFP set for you.

From there, check the days of the week you want to change: For me I clicked, M, TH, F, and I changed the calorie goal to 1440. I left my macro percentages the same. I clicked "Save Changes." I then repeated the process and selected SU and W and changed my calorie goal to 1000. I left T and SAT at 1240. I have only done this for a week and I am really enjoying it. If I get truly hungry, I eat more. My goal this last week was to really think about what I was eating/or about to eat. Also, since I don't like to eat exactly the same thing daily, this is a way to change things up.

Oh, yeah, I am Premium, so I don't know if this will apply if you don't have it. For me Premium is worth the small extra per year.... Now, if I could only get my add blocker program to work on my cell phone :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Somehow I lost my post!! I will respond again to the question about changing calories. I need to get a chicken in the oven for this weekend's dinner :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team!

Sorry again for my lack of posts this past week. It’s been quite a busy one here. So happy it’s mostly all positive. I managed to finally get my weight back down from last weekend’s shenanigans and even came in with a teeny loss. My losses are going down at a snails pace but I’ll take that over no pace or gaining.

Some good news from my side is my home gym equipment as started coming in. We had asked for it to all be shipped at once so we only paid one shipping fee but they have accidentally started shipping our equipment once it’s available. We’ve contacted them and they said it’s no problem we won’t have any extra shipping charges.

Here’s how my home gym looks so far. Protective floor mats are in and I’ve got the treadmill.
    06wwccewyle4.jpeg
    l4rh982ybz8g.jpeg

Wishing you all an amazing weekend.

Starting / Previous / Current

Weight - 198.2 / 194.6 / 194
    Chest - 108 / 105.8 / 105.2
    Waist - 106.6 / 105.6 / 104.8
    Hip - 110 / 108.4 / 108.4
    Thigh - 58.8 / 58.2 / 57.6
    Calf - 37.4 / 36.8 / 36.8
    Arm - 32 / 30.8 / 30.8
    Body fat mass - 43.9 / 44.2 / 43.2
    BMI - 31.9 / 31.3 / 31.2

@lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 2
    Previous Weight: 194.6
    Current weight: 194

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 13,530
    Monday - 18,781
    Tuesday - 25,725
    Wednesday - 10,403
    Thursday - 17,275
    Friday - 15,888
    Saturday - coming 🔜
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome loss!

@888Angie888
    I don’t no if it’s lucky but it sure is an amazing number.

@Tazaria87
    Glad you are feeling better.

@lcfa5317
    I am sorry about those hips as I know you love walking. I am trying to remember from when they were bothering you before didn’t you do yoga? I guess that’s stretching. Happy 28th anniversary!

@Beautyofdreams
    I am tired reading all that activity. Well done. Enjoy your family dinner.

@363days
    Sounds like it could be inflammation. I think you have accomplished a lot since you joined the group. You have read lots of self help books and made lots of changes. You have made time to work on yourself. I read an article yesterday about how important the right mindset is to losing weight. I think that is what you have been doing. All our victories are not measured on the scale. I think you have scored a major victory. How is your knee and did you get the X-ray?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Great job meeting those goals. Keep those exercises up and you will be pain free soon.

@heatherbluebell
    I am so proud of you. There is no judgment here. Focus on those NSV’s as not all victories are on the scale. I am old so I barely remember my TOM but I know weight gain always came with it. I hope you enjoy your week off.

@cesse47
    Nice loss! Great job on the water. I know how hard it is to give up coke.

@mari_moulin
    Congrats on the loss. Those losses in inches are outstanding. You must be seeing a big change in your body. Love how the new gym is coming along.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    ✅Steps 4,727
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

As usual my sleep is messed up as I had to get up early for grocery shopping. I only got one walk done as by the time I got some of my housework done I couldn’t do anymore. The biggest positive out of this week is so far I met my step goal everyday. If I do again today I will have 7 for 7. I am proud of this as I did it inspite of being in a flare. No walk today as my leg won’t allow it after grocery shopping.

We are going out of lockdown into the red control zone on Tuesday. The best part of this is my granddaughters can come over and spend the weekend. I miss them terribly. Gyms and pools are opening under strict rules. I don’t want to get to excited about this until I find out if the landlord is going to open the exercise room and pool. But I maybe swimming and working out next week. 🏊‍♀️ 🏋️‍♀️ 😁

Have a super Saturday!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Feb. 12
    Logging - yes
    steps - 3040

Since I was in pain yesterday, I gave myself a break from walking. I feel better this morning and will see about getting out. I have to be careful about not pushing myself. It's not useful when you are injured...

My weight is dropping. I think I'm figuring out what my body likes and functions best on. Also, I am finding new, but healthier comfort foods. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend.
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @heatherbluebell
    Kudos to you for being honest and true to yourself!
    Honesty takes a lot of bravery and HEART!
    I really appreciate that in a person and I respect you big time!
    Sending my best wishes to you for an awesome week off!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Amazing success with your steps. 7 out of 7 is a great accomplishment! I hope today workds out!

That's so wonderful that you will get to see your grandkids! YAY!
    I hope your pool opens! I know the pool is much better for exercise as it puts a
    lot less stress on the body. I have my fingers crossed! 🤞🤞👍
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Congrats on the loss. Those losses in inches are outstanding. You must be seeing a big change in your body. Love how the new gym is coming along.

Those are in cm so not as impressive looking as it would be in inches. Still going down tho. 💪🏻😁👍🏻

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/11 7,348
    2/12 8,889

Planned meals eaten and workouts complete. One last one today before vaca. Negative covid tests obtained and so excited to take out the suitcases.

Skinnytaste just published this weeks meal plan and it looks like a good one, oh well I can make it when I get back. A good one is one where my hubby will eat all the dinners with me. Kids and hubby are not soup fans and hubby also hates salmon.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team!

Sorry again for my lack of posts this past week. It’s been quite a busy one here. So happy it’s mostly all positive. I managed to finally get my weight back down from last weekend’s shenanigans and even came in with a teeny loss. My losses are going down at a snails pace but I’ll take that over no pace or gaining.

Some good news from my side is my home gym equipment as started coming in. We had asked for it to all be shipped at once so we only paid one shipping fee but they have accidentally started shipping our equipment once it’s available. We’ve contacted them and they said it’s no problem we won’t have any extra shipping charges.

Here’s how my home gym looks so far. Protective floor mats are in and I’ve got the treadmill.
    06wwccewyle4.jpeg
    l4rh982ybz8g.jpeg

Wishing you all an amazing weekend.

Starting / Previous / Current

Weight - 198.2 / 194.6 / 194
    Chest - 108 / 105.8 / 105.2
    Waist - 106.6 / 105.6 / 104.8
    Hip - 110 / 108.4 / 108.4
    Thigh - 58.8 / 58.2 / 57.6
    Calf - 37.4 / 36.8 / 36.8
    Arm - 32 / 30.8 / 30.8
    Body fat mass - 43.9 / 44.2 / 43.2
    BMI - 31.9 / 31.3 / 31.2

@lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 2
    Previous Weight: 194.6
    Current weight: 194

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 13,530
    Monday - 18,781
    Tuesday - 25,725
    Wednesday - 10,403
    Thursday - 17,275
    Friday - 15,888
    Saturday - coming 🔜

Your home gym looks great, you must be so excited!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who posted losses so far this week!

@lcfa5317
    Happy 28th Anniversary! Hope you enjoy your dinner. It is good that you figured out what is contributing to your hip pain. Sounds like you have a plan.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    You have kept on going through so many difficulties. You are an inspiration! I am glad you at least have an answer about the hernia. I know you must be looking forward to having that repaired. Hope all goes well with that.

@363days
    I do wish I could find more time to respond to posts here. I do read them all. Everyone here is really a blessing because being here is immensely helpful for the journey we are all on. Hope you get some answers about your knee. Your comments about crop tops was too funny and so true:) I'm glad that your sister's comments about her gaining ten pounds over the holidays helped you realize that your changes have made a difference for you. Yes, just keep going and it will come off.

@Tazaria87
    I really like your attitude. You seem so upbeat and positive. When you had that bad day, you did not let it derail you. It is wonderful that members of your family are inspired by you and are getting healthier.

@Bluetail6
    I don't think I ever commented on the loss of your friend. I'm very sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a wonderful person. Congratulations on reaching "a new decade." You have been so consistent and dedicated. Kudos to you.

@jimboden3
    Gee, that's a long delay:) Love your positive attitude about it. That quote about patience is hilarious! I guess you'll be a pro rower when you get your machine because you sure have a lot of time to watch those videos. Lol.

@Piqueaboo
    It sounds like you've identified some reasons why the scale is not going down. That's a good thing. It must be so hard not to be able to get out to walk. I've walked around my house in circles at night just to get my steps in for the step challenge. I figure that even doing that is movement:) You'll get back on track. I like that you're so positive about it.

@lindamtuck2018
    You are doing so well. Of course, housework counts as exercise. It can burn a lot of calories! When medicine makes us hungry, it can be really hard not to eat. You did great with that and with your mini walks. 7/7! Way to be dedicated! It is important to rest when then is pain, so hopefully resting today will help. Fingers crossed for you that the exercise room and pool open up. So nice to hear your excitement about your granddaughters:)

@Beautyofdreams
    Whoa! You really did awesome with all of that exercise and planning for dinner by saving up calories during the day! Way to go!

@lelbarou
    Look at those steps! You have found a way to keep on moving even with your back/foot injuries. You are doing a good job of being aware of your pain and not pushing it too much at a time. You're right. Rest is so important when it comes to injuries. And yes, you are an inspiration. Most definitely:) My dad also has an issue with foot pain due to a nerve in his back. Glad the stretches are helping.

@heatherbluebell
    I love your screen name:) I am very proud of you for reporting your weight and not just carrying last week's weight over. That is a really tough and vulnerable thing to do. There is absolutely no judgement here in this group. We all have our ups and downs. It is not a straight line. There are bumps in the road. The main thing is that you do not give up. That is what makes all of the difference. I don't remember - are you logging your food? If not, I find that it helps me a great deal to log everything that goes into my mouth no matter how small:) You'll get back on track and that line will go down again.

@cesse47
    That is fantastic about the Cokes! I'm sure that wasn't easy. Good idea with the water bottles.

@mari_moulin
    The room looks great. Love those mats. Getting the exercise equipment a piece at a time will make it easier to set everything up. That's good that you didn't have to pay extra for it, haha. You are working hard. Slow and steady wins the race:)

@rlaskey2
    Good job on eating your planned meals and exercising. I can feel your excitement about vacation. Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip!

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/12 Steps 10,499
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @zess47 congrats on weight loss!!
    @mari_moulin Have fun setting up all of your new equipment, that sounds like Christmas.
    @heatherbluebell I have had to get honest with myself in different ways, as well. In a previous post I stated that I've improved in ways that hasn't shown up on the scale. I had/have a bad habit of thinking the calories stated are not accurate, not enough serving size or "shouldn't be that much". I would shortchange the calories listed, fudging slightly and consistently. How embarrassing to say this but I'm sure there is someone who can relate. You have had an accomplishment and been brave to post with honesty. I wonder if this applies to you - I felt like I was holding emotions in my body and it was hanging on to weight. I look up the emotion and Yoga on Youtube and they have exercises to push that emotion out of your body. You mentioned you were facing relationship challenges so I wanted to share something that has helped me. good luck
    @lelbarou Ouch, I've had nerve pain affect other parts of my body and it is the worst! It is amazing what stretches and exercises can do to alleviate the pain. I received a massage from someone who was a nurse and knew the body (pre-covid) and she did so much to give the nerve space in my body so it wasn't hurting other things. I keep bringing up yoga - that helped me too.
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm so happy for you to have some sort of return to normal life and to see your grandchild!!!
    @riadi8 I totally agree with how much it helps to read all posts. ALL posts. and it is NEVER crop top weather in my house...those were the good ol days.
This discussion has been closed.