Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @heatherbluebell Thanks for the encouragement. In regards to the boyfriend, I find it takes me a long time to break up with someone and usually it is 2-3 break-ups before it is final. Maybe I need to grieve gradually? I don't think anything is wrong with the method, if that is the way to discover the right path.
    @scribb I'm glad you are a part of the group and sharing your frustrations. Let us know how it's going.
    @lelbarouYou are an inspiration!
    @lcfa5317 I feel like I have no excuse about walking outside, since joining this group. I'm so impressed by everyone who lives in the harsh environments, and still go outdoors - Alaska, Canada, Northern states, and I see you live in WI! Until this week it had been in the 30's which is "crop top" weather for the rest of you, I'm sure.
    @jimboden3 I can't wait to see how you like the machine! I am so tempted - small house is the only thing keeping me from it, but I may invest, anyway. Keep us updated.
    Thanks for all the well wishes about my knee - I'm calling the doctor today to get an x-ray. We are supposed to get 12-15 inches of snow on Sunday, so I hope to get in. In Oklahoma, usually a day of snow could lead to a day of sunshine, next, but it hasn't been like that lately. I think the low tonight will be -1.
    Does anyone else feel like they could spend the day reading all of the posts? getting inspiration and sharing in the struggles? I really appreciate the group!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's steps 14,280

Complete log - Yes
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 4,049
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I am surprised I got all my steps in as I didn’t think I moved much. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am hoping for a loss. My sodium intake was higher than I would like on most days. Besides Sunday, which is our monthly Newfoundland jiggs dinner, I am going make sure I am very careful with my sodium for the week coming.

I still am experiencing fatigue and joint pain today. I am going to try and push through this and get those mini walks done. @lelbarou has inspired me today. Other than that it is Thursday so it is meal planning for the coming week.

Happy Thursday all!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    eo1t9ofd0mak.jpeg

Lets continue to learn about each other’s weight loss journey!

What is your favourite workout?

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post February 10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 86oz
    Steps 2862

I got hit with a bout of depression yesterday that I haven't felt in quite a while. I tried not to let it consume or derail me and partially succeeded. I stayed on track with food, even made a new recipe for dinner. My mind was trying to tell me I needed snacks to feel better but I resisted for the most part and stayed under calorie for the day. I did not, however, workout. My husband had an engagement with friends in the evening so I was alone once the kids went to bed. That time was suppose to be when I did my workout, but I curled up on the couch and binged watched a makeover show. I cried a lot at happy moments, it was kind of therapeutic. I feel better today. I'm calling yesterday my rest day for the week. Sunday normally is but I'm working out with my dad Sundays now.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    eo1t9ofd0mak.jpeg

Lets continue to learn about each other’s weight loss journey!

What is your favourite workout?

It is between walking and doing Richard Simmon's Broadway aerobics
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    I go to the surgeon this afternoon to see what this grapefruit size bulge is ....I am not sure if I have mesh in from my 1st hernia surgery when my daughter was 5 months old .... We shall see ...I am just happy to have the same Dr that did my 1st hernia surgery ..granted its been 15 years
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/10: 16,098
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 237.8
    PW: 239.2

2021 YTD: -7.6
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/10 Steps 10,113
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 162
    CW: 159.8 :D
    LTD: 34

I am very happy to have hit this new decade (I think that is what is would be called, lol.) I hung out in the 160s for 8 weeks. I knew if I kept at it, it would be fine. I also changed my calorie goals. For 3 days a week I eat above what MFP tells me I should to lose 0.5 lb. a week. I eat at the calorie goal MFP gives me for 2 days. Finally, I eat below the calorie goal for 2 days. I also started running the stairs in my house for at least 10 floors consistently, as well as the other stuff I do. Thank you for all of your support. :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    ^^ "it would be called."
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 11,558

Did my upper body work out. I usually like to take a rest day once per week but trying to make it 10 days since I don’t think I will be working out over vacation. Depending on the TV set up I may be able to get my beach body on demand and do cardio but not going to worry about it. Wearing a mask at the gym doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t know how my husband does it 5-6 days per week. He even runs on the treadmill fast with it. I would go crazy. Hopefully I will be able to get lots of steps to be able to counteract enjoying myself.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I’m late! Sorry about that - I was out for most of the day yesterday and despite my many reminders to myself today, I haven’t sat down with my iPad until now. I have a lot of posts to catch up on, so here’s my weigh-in quickly.

CW: 207.6
    PW: 208.6
    SW: 231.8
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Well, depression is finally waning. Think part of the problem was lack of movement. Today got on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Walked the first and last ten minutes, the rest alternated between 1 minute jogging at 4.0 mph and 2 minutes walking at 3.3 mph. The rush of oxygen felt great and am looking forward to weights tomorrow. Also shoveled snow for 20 minutes.

It has been below 0 with the windchill here since last Friday and is not expected to be above 0 until next Wednesday. Am honestly looking forward to mid March when I can start walking outside.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 hugs to you! I hope that your hernia can be taken care of rapidly and you are not sidelined for too long.

@lindamtuck2018 hope your joint flare up is under control now. Funny you mention Pepsi, my family has drank that for as long as I can remember. My mother drinks Diet Pepsi like water and I would be sick if I did that.

@ifca17 hurray for stationary bikes! I'm in Iowa so your sub zero temps should be going away a day or two after ours. Let's look forward to warmer weather!

@iradi8 congratulations on your 50 pound weight loss. It is a great accomplishment.

@Bluetail6 So sorry for the loss of your friend and wishing you comfort in his memories. Congratulations on reaching a new decade!

@363days hope the inflammation in your knee goes down and that the x-rays look good.

@littleflutterby wishing you success on your midterms and congratulations on your weight loss.

@rlaskey2 enjoy your vacation and tell us about the fun when you return.

@lelbarou hope updating your orthotics helps you feel better.

@azkunk take care if yourself while working the covid pod and congratulations on your continuing weight loss.

@Tazaria87 great job resisting depression and taking care of yourself.

@heatherbluebell hope you get your sleep sorted out and reduce your stress. Wishing you a fantastic week off and looking forward to hearing what you think of the standing desk.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite workout?

I love lifting weights. It gives such a feeling of accomplishment to finish each rep and set and see the resulting change in my body measurements. I also love walking outdoors and feeling the sun on my face and observing the changes in scenery from day to day.

Next month (3/8/2021) will be my one year anniversary on this health journey. It is far from over yet and the goals keep changing. I am not ready to post pictures in the Success forum yet. But would like to share my changes here. Wishing you all success on your health journeys!
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 I find a good cry can really help. I call it emotional sweat. When I have pent up energy, when I cry, even if it's happy tears watching a show, there's something really therapeutic. I hope you feel better soon.

@Bluetail6 Congratulations at achieving your new decade! It may be silly, but I always have a bit of added happiness when I see myself cross over into the next decade.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm sorry to hear you have another hernia. Though, sounds like you have trust in that doctor since they did your other hernia surgery from before, so hopefully once the CT is done and everything else sorted, they can do the procedure and you can move past this.

@Beautyofdreams That's great you're coming out of your depression. I also thought lack of movement has been contributing to my poor mental health.
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Feb 10
    ✔️48 oz water/day
    ✔️Healthy snack 1x/day
    ✔️In bed by 10:30 3x/week – 3/3 days!
    ✔️Check-in daily with the group
    ❌4,000 steps

@megan_smartiepants1980
    Steps for Feb 10 were: 2,365

Feb 11

Today was my weigh in, and oh boy, I spiraled this morning after weighing in. So, clearly it’s not water retention and I need to do something different. I had another significant gain. As such, I’d like to take to carryover my weight from last week and see if this will give me the kick to the butt I need to get on track again.

Weigh-in
    Heatherbluebell
    Thursdays
    PW: 367.0
    CW: 367.0
    LTD: 73

I spent some time thinking today about what things I have control over, and what things I don’t. Now that I’ve put that mental list together, I’m going to try to let go of those things I have no control over, and focus my energy on the things I can do.

What is your favorite workout?
    I LOVE Zumba!! I discovered it several years ago, and it made me realize it's not that I didn't like to sweat (which I thought was my issue not liking exercise), it was actually that I hadn't found an exercise I liked! I loved it so much, I got my Zumba instructor license, and went to Florida one year for Zumba convention! I lost my groove for a period, but I'm back into it, and loving it again!
This discussion has been closed.