Weight No More - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny I’m SO sorry for what you’re going through, with your son, ESPECIALLY!!!💔

I have iFit, too! I wish I had the energy to workout, but I just started the Carnivore Diet on 4-27-21 and it’s been HARD!!!
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    Options
    kaj848 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m new:) Today I weigh 170.0 and my goal is to get back down to 148. I really enjoy working out but I am a busy mom to 4 young kids and have a husband who is in a very demanding grad school program so finding time/getting away for workouts can be challenging. I haven’t done much at all in many months. But I’m ready to make it a priority again. This month I want to take advantage of nicer weather and do biking and some run/walking. My weigh in days will be thursdays. I’m excited to be a part of this group! Anything else I’m supposed to do to or post?

@kaj848 -

Firstly, welcome! Secondly, you don't have to post anything else if you don't want to. Just complete your weigh-in this Thursday, and you'll have met all of the requirements to be part of the team. If you want to participate even more, feel free to post your daily steps to join the steps challenge, or just socialize on the team chat! We are a friendly bunch, and more than happy to be here to answer questions and provide support.

pizzafruit wrote: »
    In the past at the first of every month I would reflect on the previous month's weight loss or gain, I would look at what I did wrong and berate myself for screwing up another month. My approach has been *kitten* backwards.

@pizzafruit -

So glad you discovered that there's nothing to gain by being mean to yourself beyond feeling bad about yourself. I'm looking forward to reading all the new things you learn throughout this new month!

@jugar Just reposting with you tagged, so it’s easier.😉

I'm not able to reply to specific messages in this thread. Please, advise. Also, I'm new here. It sounds like I didn't register correctly, either. I tried to send you a PM regarding signing up on 4-29-21. I know MFP is weird about notifications, so, maybe, you didn't see that. Let me know. Thanks!

@ha110w33nsp00k -

Registration is typically done on one of the registration threads. Jugar does not always check her messages, since most people just post in the chats or email her if we need to reach her.

As for responding to specific messages, do you mean you are unable to hit "Quote" at the bottom of the posts you're looking to respond to? That could be a permissions issue that Jugar should be able to fix, or an MFP issue that she will not be able to. Let me know if you're having technical difficulties and I will do my best to alleviate any issue you're facing. Specifics about what you are doing vs. what you're trying to do would be helpful.

I didn’t realize I could hit Quote…oops!🤦🏻‍♀️ Thank you!😅
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    And if this sounds a little like what Ashley posts on weekly step challenge posts…well, I can’t improve on perfection…

Perfection? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:1
    PW (Previous Weight): 203.8
    CW (Current Weight): 205.2
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    And if this sounds a little like what Ashley posts on weekly step challenge posts…well, I can’t improve on perfection…

Perfection? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have a better word for it?
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    User name: Pizzafruit
    Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW:274.2
    CW:274.2
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Username: kaj848
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.0
    CW (Current Weight): 167.8

Yay! Glad to be down a couple pounds. This next week I’m going to work on recording my food consistently. Some days I do and some I don’t and it definitely helps me when I do. Also going to add some biking to my workouts this week.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 1
    pw 161.3
    cw 161.1
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    @dbrinkmeyer 2 lbs is terrific! I don't code but work as tech support in an IT shop...sometimes you HAVE TO walk away and do something else.

@kaj848 Well done! I also find logging helps me stay mindful...sometimes it is the difference between having the extra snack because I want it (not hungry, just snacky) and not...

@vvlucky Nice loss! Hope the graduation goes well! And congrats to her!

I see we've got some maintainers, too! Great job guys!

It's Thursday. We've made it this far. Have a terrific day!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    May Week One

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.0 (April 30th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.8 (May 6th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.2 lbs

Alright, y'all. This is not a drill. I repeat: This is NOT a drill. I'm back in the 160s for the first time in a while. It may not stick, but I'm feeling revitalized by this most recent drop. Maybe it will help me stick to my good habits, since my discipline has definitely been lacking these past few months.

At the end of last year, I had a goal to be around 160 by my birthday at the end of August, and for the first time this year, I feel like I might actually be able to accomplish this goal. It will take a lot of work and patience and actually logging my food rather than assuming I'm under my calories (spoiler alert: I'm usually not), but I've done it before, and I can do it again.

Food:

I haven't been perfect, but I've been better than I've been in a while. And this loss is a wonderful form of classical conditioning to enforce the good choices I made last week. My only worry for this coming week is the few bouts of cold Ohio will be experiencing, since I tend to crave heavier comfort foods whenever my body temperature starts to drop. Time to break out the fuzzy socks and tea.

Exercise:

As per usual, I've been on top of my exercise regimen. Lots of lifting, lots of spin class, lots of stretching and water to recover... I'm hitting a bit of a wall when it comes to spin class, if I'm being honest. There isn't much room for growth anymore, especially since it doesn't look like they'll be hiring new instructors anytime soon (not to mention they probably wouldn't take me even if I auditioned again). But since I'm on a road to hit 1000 rides this year, I'm going to continue on as I have been until I reach this next milestone. After that, I guess we'll see.

Mindset:

The better weather is bringing a better mindset. In the sunshine, so many more things seem possible. I'm always amazed by how much Vitamin D makes a difference in my mood.

867598348cdab65811fc6382cf591e5b.jpeg
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    Options
    Username: dbrinkmeyer
    Week:1
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight:189.4
    Current weight: 187.4

Yes! You are seeing that right. 2 lbs, my biggest loss in a LONGGGG time.
    Weekly steps: 18399 (really not good but I switched to cycling for some days)

Welcome to new team members, I hope to step away from my computer at some point soon to catch up with everyone.

About Me: 56 (almost 57) Post menopause, mother of 6, wife, CEO of software company that's trying to beat out our top national competitors. I am also a technical resource for our company meaning that I took a break from writing code to come log my weight loss. Going to be first time grandmother this year with babies in August and November. My husband is a type 1 diabetic (which is an impact to my sleep sometimes).

How did I lose 2 lbs??? I stopped drinking alcohol on week days. I drank a protein breakfast 3 days instead of eating, and I ate very light lunches or dinners if I went over 250 calories at the other meal. I'm taking berberine and am careful to drink 1-2 cups of herbal tea before bed to control my craving for post dinner sweets. I'm walking and weight training, but I am not working out like a beast. Hubby and I do yoga for 15-20 minutes 4-6 mornings a week.

I know that 2 lbs is not a lot for some of you, but I am thrilled. My birthday is in 9 days, I'm hoping to be down to 185 for that day. We have a trip planned to see the kids in June, if I could be down to 180 I would be ecstatic.

Height? CONGRATULATIONS, by the way!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,260 Member
    Options
    6sfmpx1lkbyo.jpg
    Got some great steps in on our last day!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    6sfmpx1lkbyo.jpg
    Got some great steps in on our last day!

Those are beautiful poodles. I have one standard poodle and one labradoodle (15% lab).
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh
    Weigh in day-Friday
    PW: 158 pounds
    CW: 157 pounds
    I have a busy day tomorrow so I’m giving my weight today.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,880 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott – just saw your post on May 3rd. I’m doing a step challenge for work for the month of May – I’m totally up to step for our team! I’ll post when I get a chance. And you are doing the challenge too? Awesome!
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    @melaniedscott – just saw your post on May 3rd. I’m doing a step challenge for work for the month of May – I’m totally up to step for our team! I’ll post when I get a chance. And you are doing the challenge too? Awesome!

Feel free to post daily or weekly totals on Sunday for the previous week if it works better for you! I plan to do that...
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 1
    Pw 191.2
    Cw 191.2
This discussion has been closed.