Weight No More - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @melaniedscott she is getting better she’s in a walking boot and pretty much back to normal. It’s still swelled. She doesn’t complain but she’s always had a high pain tolerance and doesn’t really complain even when sick. So I don’t know how well it’s healing. I also only see it at night after she’s been on her feet all day. It’s not a great fracture. It’s a spiral fracture and both bones are broken. She goes back the 26th. I hope we can get back to normal. 🤷‍♀️

I'm so glad.

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    weigh in for Goingape
    pw 155
    cw 155

Cheers pals, I will be going for a run first thing tomorrow and then I will hitting the greenhouses to buy a few new plant friends and to smell the green air.

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    PW 123lb
    CW 123lb

Steps
    Sun - 12,765
    Mon - 14,041
    Tue - 5,586
    Wed - 18,579
    Thu- 3,083
    Fri - 20,114
    Sat -8,626
  • Just_Kisha
    Just_Kisha Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just_Kisha
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW: 167.2 - March 16th
    PW: 154.6
    CW: 153.6
    LTD: 13.6

Aloha All,
    My apologies for the late weigh in. I didn’t realize this rolled over from month to month. I was able to get almost 115,000 steps last week. So that was great. I hope you are all doing well.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Heads UP WNM!
    ci9svv7amern.png

I'm doing tallies and would really hate to have to put in this many NWIs! You have the next 15-20 minutes to get these in if possible ---

@jedaschultz
    @pizzafruit
    @mxlaw90
    @hope002
    @gottagetthisdown
    @ha110w33nsp00k

Sunday 8 am Eastern is usually when I sit down to do the tallies, so please try to get your numbers in by that time every week - thanks!
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Username: gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 173.2
    CW (Current Weight): 173.2

Sorry for being late, if I don't do it when I first think about it I get distracted abs forget to do it. My weight has been starting petty consistent so I have no complaints.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    step count:

Sun 5244
    Mon 6956
    Tues 5589
    Wed 5351
    Thurs 6950
    Fri 6961
    Sat 7379
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pizzafruit
    Wednesday
    PW: 274.2
    CW: 275.7

I'm sorry for not weighing in on the correct day. I truly did forget.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 189.2
    CW 188.9
  • melaniedscott
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I'm not 100% on my steps count...so I'm going to go with 3000 for both Fri & Sat. I spent Friday dealing with replacing my water heater and doing pick up in my living room, which has gotten out of hand and running back and forth to our recycle bin (my husband 'deals with' binning the recyclables...and then I find stuff he missed all day long), running between bedrooms and kitchen and...blah blah blah. Anyway. My husband has had a stack of games balanced rather precariously near the sliding doors of my closet. Every time I need something, I have this fight with the games (which should be IN the closet, as he took over half if one side for them) to get to my clothes...I keep asking him to reorganize them...I had enough yesterday. All the games (in front, in, etc) moved to the living room for sorting along with two mysterious boxes. Organized, sorted, rehomed. Now I can reach my clothes. Then the boxes...which were weird. Some were pictures that I must have gotten from my uncle/grandmother, which is a whole different story...and so now I'm missing my sister. Gah. And then kitchen cleaning and cooking and folding and putting away laundry....Argh. I'm a crummy housewife (or, resentful and passive aggressive because I don't want to be). It's a good thing I am good at my job. Anyway...

Today is rain, rain, RAIN. Some crazy thunder...we'll see if it lets up enough for me to get real walking.

Sorry...lots of word vomit there...
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Drove out 3 days to pack up and pick up daughter from college, then drove home in 2 days. Not much time for steps unfortunately!

5/9 - 5,482
    5/10 - 3,994
    5/11 - 10,575
    5/12 - 5,201
    5/13 - 3,941
    5/14 - 9,178
    5/15 - 10,606
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    According to this site I found...you can multiply the number of minutes spent in non-walking exercise activity by a number to get a good estimate for equivalent steps...for cleaning, the number is 78...which, considering I spent at least 2 hours cleaning both Friday and Sat...that's 9,360... I don't know if I'm buying that, though.
  • cldvermont
    cldvermont Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 179.8
    CW: 178.2
    Net loss: -1.6lbs
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Steps..

Sun- 12,821
    Mon- 13 998
    Tues- 10,138
    Wed- 10,054
    Thurs- 8,470
    Fri- 9,331
    Sat- 8,708
  • Just_Kisha
    Just_Kisha Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just_Kisha
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW: 167.2 - March 16th
    PW: 153.6
    CW: 151.4
    LTD: 15.8
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    ~~ May Week Three ~~

Happy Monday, WeightNoMores! Welcome to yet another week of building good habits, supporting our teammates, and proving that we are always stronger together.

Last week, there were quite a few of us with late weigh-ins or even non-weigh-ins, which leads me to wonder how I can help... (and stay out of trouble with jugar :lol: )

Is there something I (or @melaniedscott ) can do to help you weigh-in on time more regularly? Do you need a mid-week reminder post, or a little nudge on your profile, or even a direct private message? Is it maybe time to set a reminder alarm so you can hold yourself accountable? Let us know what you need.

This group does not require anything beyond a single number every week, but sometimes increased participation can motivate you to check in more often and thereby remember to hold up your commitment to this team. Join the step challenge, participate in the weekly global challenges the group moderators share with us every single week, become an official or unofficial motivator, ask questions, share your ideas, become an active member of this community if that's what you need to keep going.

Update On Me:

I'm a sucker for sales, and when my favorite crackers were advertised at a discount, I couldn't resist buying a bag... and then eating most of the bag... Which lead to a lovely carbohydrate-based bloat and some general discomfort throughout the weekend into this morning, and then some even more lovely acid build-up during my high intensity cardio session (the contents of my stomach are still intact, thank goodness).

I've been granting myself too many pardons, too many snacks, too many liquid calories, too many add-ons to my originally healthful meals. I haven't sunk so far as to feel the desperation I'd need to for more intense discipline, but I'm half hoping I'll get there and feel revitalized discipline, and half hoping I can pull myself from that ledge before I have the potential to self-sabotage my progress.

ca7397d0fa111703b416280e09633974.jpg

~ Walking Warriors ~

Over the course of last week, our eight strong steppers traversed 546,744 steps, reaching an incredible 68,343 steps per person, just short of the previously-recommended 10,000 steps per day!

Our leaderboard for the past week is as follows:

10k+ Steps Per Day
    @dbrinkmeyer - 102,433 total - 14,633 average (assumes 4-day average is daily average)
    @kandi3570 - 101,485 total - 14,498 average
    @annliz23 - 82,794 total - 11,828 average - Highest Step Count (20,114) in One Day!
    @ljdanny - 73,520 total - 10,503 average

5k+ Steps Per Day
    @lennoncpa - 52,293 total - 7,470 average
    @calli1616 - 48,977 total - 6,997 average
    @pacsnc - 44,430 total - 6,347 average - Most Consistent Stepper!
    @melaniedscott - 40,812 total - 5,830 average

andrew-weil-health-quote-by-andrew-weil-202188.jpg
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @bumpbreakcar

Weigh In Day: Sunday’s
    PW (Previous Weight): 132.3
    CW (Current Weight): 133.4

didn't make the best decisions sooo I'm not surprised...I'm working on getting some kind of balance
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Calli1616

Weigh in day - Monday
    PW - 176.7
    CW - 176.0
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I had such a busy weekend. On Saturday I was up early and at the hospital to have a ton of bloodwork and xrays of my stomach done. Hopefully I will start getting some answers. I still have to put a call into my insurance to see if I can get into a weight loss program. That will be this week along with the ton of other calls I have to make. We had a few expected and unexpected visitors show up so we ended up having a cookout. Yesterday we opened my pool, it looks disgusting. Then we had to go shopping. I decided I needed a little break today and was going to go get a pedicure but right after I made my appointment my son called and needed a ride to the doctor. The timing wasn't going to work, I had to reschedule for tomorrow. He is having tons of pain in the arm that he just had surgery on. Hopefully it's not a complication.
This discussion has been closed.