Shrinking Assets - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team! I wanted to share my vision board with you all but I can't upload the picture. Bummer. Does anyone else have a vision board? Mine helps me to remember how far I've come and keeps my reasons for doing this fresh in my mind.

Hi did you try going through on the website? I have to upload pics that way I can't do it from my Android phone app
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team! I wanted to share my vision board with you all but I can't upload the picture. Bummer. Does anyone else have a vision board? Mine helps me to remember how far I've come and keeps my reasons for doing this fresh in my mind.

Hi did you try going through on the website? I have to upload pics that way I can't do it from my Android phone app

I'll have to try that!
  • Emlorraine1
    Emlorraine1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PSW: 222.7
    CSW:221.5
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having some wild greens for supper. I have already picked Japanese knotweed and dandelion leaves, and have to collect redroot pigweed, lambsquarters and garlic mustard, all of which grow closer to home. Good luck to me trying to figure out how many calories are in it, haha (I'll count it like spinach I guess). Some of them are a little bitter for my taste, so I'm going to steam them briefly.

Anybody else on here a vegan? Anybody else NOT doing keto?
  • chublet25
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PSW: 222.7
    CSW:221.5

Nice loss!
  • chublet25
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 152.0
    CW: 150.4

Well done, you!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    chublet25 wrote: »
    Tonight I'm having some wild greens for supper. I have already picked Japanese knotweed and dandelion leaves, and have to collect redroot pigweed, lambsquarters and garlic mustard, all of which grow closer to home. Good luck to me trying to figure out how many calories are in it, haha (I'll count it like spinach I guess). Some of them are a little bitter for my taste, so I'm going to steam them briefly.

No, however, I'm a gluten free gal along w/14-10 IF😘
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    You have another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @Marni3369 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading your way.... Please welcome @hansonmd93 :)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

Definitely NOT doing keto :smiley: not a vegan either, I have IBS so I’m on a modified fodmap diet (only avoid my specific triggers).

Currently my diet is a meat-loving mess and I eat way more meat than normally, this baby has me craving protein and iron apparently. Now I at least have veggies too, during first trimester I threw up practically every piece of vegetable I tried to eat (and some I just smelled), so I lived off rice, pasta, dairy, meat and sandwiches. Pre-pregnancy I ate maybe 40% vegetarian and the rest was mostly seafood, fish and chicken with very little red meat.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options

I am not vegan, but I do lean towards vegetarian options sometimes. I eat lots of salmon and chicken. I'm also not doing keto but do find that when I try to limit my carb intake I feel better.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Welcome to the team @Marni3369 and @hansonmd93 !
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I need to build another vision board!!! I am not vegan!! I love bacon tooooooo much!!! Y'all are doing amazing this week!! Aunt flo arrived sooooo I'm guessing we will have a gain!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading your way .... Please welcome @PatriceFitnessPal :)
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday, sorry a day late due to the long weekend up here in Canada. Feels like Wednesday!

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 235.6
    CW: 234.8

I am shocked but happy! Woohoo!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,328 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thank you for connecting me with the group, @Megan_smartiepants1970!

I’m 54 years old, female and 5’4” tall. I got serious about using MFP for tracking calories and exercise in March 2020. It felt like something I could manage during the uncertainty of the early stages of the pandemic. I figured being as healthy as possible - especially moving from an overweight BMI at my highest weight (168) to a healthy range - would help me fight COVID-19 if I got it; and, if I didn’t contract the virus, I’d still benefit by improving my overall health.

Since I began tracking, I’ve lost about 30 pounds and my current weight is 135. My goal weight is 125 and then I hope to maintain the loss by staying between 125 and 130 pounds. I haven’t seen the scale move downward in months so I thought I’d join this group to re-energize me. I’ve been focused on maintaining my weight without losing muscle mass, to the extent possible, but may need to research body recomposition during this final push to my goal weight. Thanks for the opportunity to learn with you all. I’m looking forward to hearing more about your goals and supporting our team.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I am also focusing on body recomp so I will be doing this along with you next month! I’m a weightlifter that stopped training and need to get back into it again.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
This discussion has been closed.