What are you reading

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    I started TOUGH AS STEELE last night and read farther in PERILOUS PLAN (a Regency). I did some more re-reading too.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Current:
    GRACE IN THE DESERT by Christine Dillon (wms fic) This is book 4 in a series. I listened to a couple that were narrated by the author and decided that ebooks were a much better choice. It has been a couple of years since I read #3, so there is some catching up to do. I have requested that the library get the last 3 in the series.
    A ROSE FOR THE RESISTANCE by Angela K. Couch (WW2) - This is about a French girl (and her family) in a rural area in France. There is a new German Lt. in the area that is having problems with the German philosophy. I'm about half way through it, and it is very good. This is the one era of historical fiction that I really enjoy.

Finished:
    A GIANT MURDER by Marji Laine (Ever After mysteries) - These are historical and loosely based on fairy tales. Chautona Havig has written some of them, as well, but this is the first one for me. It was on Hoopla audio, so thought it was a good way to try it. It was pretty good. I will do more, I'm sure - especially if they come up in audio.
    Billionaires of REKD
    HIDING WITH THE BILLIONAIRE by Donna K Weaver (romance)
    LUCK OF THE BILLIONAIRE by Donna K Weaver (romance) - These are more "clean" but I have enjoyed them. They are about 4 college graduates that make it big with a game. She has these on YouTube, along with the 3rd book in the series. I will definitely listen to it as well, and hope that she puts book 4 on as well.

I am also continuing through the Disaster City Search and Rescue series. They are mostly around 100 pages, so quick reads. I have read through #11, and will start on #12 either today or tomorrow. I need to take breaks between these books and this is a REALLY long series.

• Restfinder
    Options
    Just read book four in my fantasy series, almost done with that. One more to go.

I put up a cheapie and two freebies on the Free Books thread.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have been doing a "Kim" and reading a bunch of books at the same time. I did finish a couple, but have two Ebooks and an audiobook going.

I'm still reading GRACE IN THE DESERT, but it is on cloud ebook and you have to restart it after every chapter. It has short chapters, so I have to be with it constantly. I will get back to it (and the next is available). I am also reading BRANDON by Christy Barritt (Lantern Beach Blackout: Danger Rising 1).

The audiobook I started last night is RETURN TO HUCKLEBERRY HILL by Jennifer Beckstrand (Amish).
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oops, put my reading up on the Free Books thread - sigh!

Continued reading in my Elf series. I finished book four and will move on to book five. I think there is one more book coming out in the series sometime later this year.

I read some more in TOUGH AS STEELE by Susan Sleeman, enjoying this one.

I started the third book in another fantasy series by Melanie Cellier.

I liked Brandon. I have the next book and I need to get to it!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Finished:
    RETURN TO HUCKLEBERRY HILL by Jennifer Beckstrand (Amish)
    DETECTION DETAIL by Terri Reed (LI susp)
    GRACE IN THE DESERT by Christine Dillon (wms fic)
    BRANDON by Christy Barritt (Lantern Beach Blackout: Danger Rising 1)

Current:
    THE JILTED BRIDE RESCUE by Ginny Sterling (Disaster City SAR #15)
    HEARTLAND MISTLETOE by Jessie Gussman (romance) YouTube

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm still working on the 4th book in the Jack Turner Suspense series by Dan Walsh - Perilous Treasure. I'm having a harder time getting into this one.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I am getting tired of the Disaster City books. I think that I should have just picked up one now and again instead of trying to read the entire series in order. I'm going to get away from them for a while. I think I have two more checked out and I will probably finish them sometime soon, then take a break.

Current:
    DYLAN by Christy Barritt - This is more to my mood right now.
    CONSIDER THE LILIES by Lynette Bonner (historical) - I will be starting this audiobook in a few minutes to listen to before sleep. This is the 3rd in the Wyldhaven series and I really enjoyed the first two.

Finished:
    BITTERSWEET by Cathy Marie Hake (historical) - I'm not sure how much you would enjoy, Kim. It has a girl and her twin brother that are a bit crude and use a lot of slang - but are always corrected on it, telling them that it is the same as cursing. I would have liked to see a different ending, but this one worked.

I finished through book 16 in the Disaster City books.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I think I read that one a few years ago, Connie. I like that an author corrects a person for using unacceptable language. There have been times when I would read a cuss word and someone would immediately correct the person for using that kind of language, and I would keep reading the story because it was handled correctly. I have family who used to correct their children for using slang for the same reason, it's just watered down cussing - now they all use it without a second thought!

Still working on the same books.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Current:
    LAST ONE STILL STANDING by Lisa Phillips (Chevalier #3) - I read the first two of these a long time ago and then checked the others out as they came available. I decided it was time to get some of them our of my KU. They are very good,.but I dont like the covers, so I have let them sit.

I'm not sure what I will listen to this evening, maybe Irene Hannon's newest.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I finished the Melanie Cellier fantasy, book three in this series. There will be one more book. I had a hard time staying into this one.

I read more in PERILOUS PURSUIT and am almost done with it.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Current:
    LAST MAN TO SURVIVE by Lisa Phillips (Chevalier #4) KU - pretty good. I hate the covers, though.
    ONE MORE CHANCE by Jennifer Youngblood (romance) - This is one of the YouTube audiobooks. The last in the Romeo Family series.

Finished:
    LAST ONE STILL STANDING by Lisa Phillips (Chevalier #3) KU
    SEA GLASS COTTAGE by Irene Hannon

I don't know if I will finish this audiobook before going to bed tonight, but if not I will probably have two audiobooks going. That is the only problem I have found with YouTube - no sleep timer.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Finally finished PERILOUS PURSUIT by Melanie Dickerson. Can't say it was my favorite by her, the writing was more stilted than I'm used to by her.

Listened some more in book five of the elf series I am re-reading.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Current:
    THE LADY’S MINE by Francine Rivers (historical) - It has been a long time since I have checked anything out from this library application (Axis360). It has had a LOT of problems recently and hasn't had a great assortment, but I was excited to see this one come up in audiobook. It will be the last book checked out from them, since that library (actually our local library) decided to discontinue it and go with libby. I am sure that it will get a lot more use from me!
    LAST MAN TO SURVIVE by Lisa Phillips (Chevalier #4) - Still working on this one.

Finished:
    ONE MORE CHANCE by Jennifer Youngblood (romance) - I have enjoyed these YouTube books. This is the last one in the Romeo Family series.
    SOMETHING GOOD by Vanessa Miller - This didn't count against my regular borrows in hoopla, so I decided to try it. It is definitely Christian and African American, but it was very good. I had a terrible time turning it off to sleep last night (2:30am).
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I finished my re-read of the fantasy series.
    I read a quick one by J F Rogers, THE SMERALDO FLOWER. It is a re-tell of some obscure tale, but it had a very Beauty and the Beast feel to it. It was short so I listened to it quickly.
    Read quite a bit more in TOUGH AS STEELE by Susan Sleeman. I read from these series and want to go back to the beginning of the first series so I can remember who everyone is. This is the third of fourth spin-off series which has the same people showing up in them from time to time.
    I listened to THE KEEPER OF THE STONE by Donna Fletcher Crow, very good. It's rather strange though. It begins in 1993 where three students are listening to a story-teller spin a tale of the stone that was the pillow of the man who helped bring Christianity to Iona in the 6th century. The stone is still on display in some Church building, but is it the real stone??? I listened to about half of the story and was quite into it but had something else I needed to do. Will listen some more today though.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Finished:
    LAST MAN TO SURVIVE by Lisa Phillips (Chevalier #4) - I have the next checked out, but am taking a break between them.
    THE LADY’S MINE by Francine Rivers (historical) - Very good! Her books always are.
    WHAT MATTERS MOST by Courtney Walsh (romance)

Current:
    BELONGING by Rhoda Baxter (romance) - Some of this series showed up on Christian fiction in Hoopla, so I checked the two out. It shows them as part of a series, but had the order mixed up, so I am reading book 3, then will read book 2. These are set in contemporary England, and other than a mild slang, so far has been clean, but there is nothing on Amazon identifying as Christian fiction. When I finish, I will decide if I read the next one.
    JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS by Davalynn Spencer (Read your bookshelf challenge)

Since I am the only one working on the challenge this year, I am going to take down the thread so that it doesn't clutter up the page.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Sounds good. I don't know why, I'm up for a challenge kind of person, but if I don't like the genre I'd rather not read something and that's why I run into in these challenges.

I worked some more in TOUGH AS STEELE by Susan Sleeman, this one is slow going for me.

I did some more re-reads in my fantasy realm too.
  • Amb3rPh03n1xr1s1ng
    Amb3rPh03n1xr1s1ng Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am currently in a library challenge called 50 books in 50 weeks where you read a book from 50 categories
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling to do make time for reading. I think I would fail so hard at 50 books in 50 weeks.
  • Amb3rPh03n1xr1s1ng
    Amb3rPh03n1xr1s1ng Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So far I have read actually 14 out of 50