What are you reading

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Listening to William Bradford by the Benge's on Hoopla. So far very good.
    I started re-reading THREAT BY NUMBERS by Kimberley Rogers. As good as the last time I read it.
    I started A PRIDEFUL HEART by Heather Blanton, and so far very good.
    Still working on VYPER by Vikki Kestell, also very good.
    I'm almost finished with THE SHADOW ELF'S MISSION by Elisa Rae (Rachel Rosanno), very good.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    I read a really cute anthology. Evidently it is part of a multi author series, but these are just one author. It is about telephones coming to Alaska.
    Dial 0 for Operator: Switchboard Sisterhood KU
    CONNIE by Lynn Donovan (#4)
    PENNY by Lynn Donovan (#8)
    TRACY by Lynn Donovan (#11)

I haven't done a lot of reading...just too much going on.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I'm jumping around a lot - again.

I finished a fantasy freebie by an author I like, EXPECTATION OF MAGIC. It's the prequel to a series I'd already read, but it was nice to go back and read about the previous generation.

I'm still working on William Bradford; I'm on book two in the Threat by Numbers fantasy series; I'm still reading VYPER by Vikki Kestell but am almost done!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    I've been reading a bunch of Lacy Williams books recently - mostly from the Wind River Hearts series: MARRYING MISS MARSHAL, COWBOY PRIDE, CATCHING THE COWGIRL, HER COWBOY DEPUTY... and maybe one or two others... and I didn't read all of them in order.

I went back to VESTIGE OF POWER by Sara Blackard. I had trouble getting into it at first.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Right now I am listening to an anthology of all 6 of the books in a series I'm on book #6. I needed a light read for driving back to Kansas and I needed it long enough that I could get all of the way home. I saw this and thought it would work fine. They are all marriage of convenience books about 6 brothers that have to all be married to inherit their father's ranch
    Carson Brothers of Sweet Rivers Ranch marriage of convenience - Hoopla
    HER CHRISTMAS COWBOY by Marie Richards (rom)
    HER COWBOY HERO by Marie Richards (rom)
    HER CHRISTMAS COWBOY by Marie Richards (rom)
    HER FAKE FIANCE COWBOY by Marie Richards (rom)
    HER SECOND-CHANCE COWBOY by Marie Richards (rom)
    HER LAST CHANCE COWBOY by Marie Richards (rom)
    HER COWBOY PROTECTOR by Marie Richards (rom)
    I have really not gotten a lot of reading in for the last couple weeks. Everytime I open a book, or turn one on, I get phone calls or something.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I've finished one of the fantasies that I was reading. I'm still all over the place with my reading though.
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I'm reading a CUPCAKE CRIMES series by Molly Maple. Made the mistake of starting with book 4 - PUMPKIN SPICE SCARE: A Small Town Cupcake Cozy Mystery. I liked it well enough to go back and download book 1 from KU: VANILLA VENGEANCE.
  • connierandel
    Options
    AARG! I am so tired of phone calls all day long! Hopefully we are getting to the bottom of that problem.

Currently I am going through the next series by Sharon Srock.
    Crafted with Love
    EMBER by Sharon Srock (wms fict)
    HOLLY by Sharon Srock (wms fict) KU
    MAGGIE by Sharon Srock (wms fict) KU
    Currently there are 6 books in the series with #7 coming in the spring. I have enjoyed her books.

I am listening to GINGERBREAD MAN by Lee Straus (susp) libby. I'm not crazy about the subject matter - College campus rapes, so I am not totally sure that I will finish. I will try again tonight before sleep and see what happens.

finished
    HOW MR GRINCHLY FOUND CHRISTMAS by Donna K Weaver (Christmas) - just cute. Nothing special, but light and easy.
    INTO THE FIRE by Irene Hannon (susp) - I love her books! This is the newest. They are set in St. Louis which is 20 miles from my hometown, so I know the area well. And, a good friend of mine has a son with a well known bakery there...it always winds up in her books. It's kind of fun. This time it was in chapter 13 (at least audio chapter 13). I had to send the location to his mom!

• Restfinder
    Options
    How fun! He needs to advertise it on his window - Famous Bakery - mentioned in Irene Hannon's books!
    LOL.

I finished the second book in a series that I've enjoyed. It has a Christian theme to it, but very shallow. The first book is THE RECRUITS OF TALIONIS, and this one was FUGITIVE OF TALIONIS. It isn't fantasy, but it is futuristic. This girl is kidnapped and wakes up as a recruit for a city that she's never heard of. She is pushed to be her best or die! With the help of a friend, she and several other recruits are able to escape the city - end of book one. Book two is their journey to find this city of refuge so they can get help in shutting down Talionis and it's very wicked leaders. If you fail at an assignment - you die! It has been pretty good.

I also finished Glitch Society. This is a tongue-in-cheek kind of story. This girl thinks she is a jinx because she can't get tech to work for her - as it turns out she has a hyper-magnetised system that just glitches whatever equipment she is trying to work with. One day she accidentally sends out a picture of her mom and before she knows it, Mom is missing and the bus (Skoolie) they live in is trashed. These very weird people find her and take her to a dirigible that they work out of - they are all Glitches. It's a fun story.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    You do find some interesting books, Kim.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I know! That book was by an author I really like.

I finished Book 2 of the HEARTS OF FIRE series. It was incredibly inspiring - both books in the series were. Book 1 had seven or eight longer stories. Book two had 12 stories, but some were just a page or two long. The last story in the second book was intense, what this woman went through yet kept on singing and praising and sharing Jesus, knowing that when she did she would be severely punished (beaten to within an inch of her life numerous times). God give me that faith, that stand-no-matter-what heart because we are coming into days where that could be us next!
  • connierandel
    Options
    I am on the last of the Sharon Srock books. There will be one more in this series coming in April of 2024. I have really enjoyed her books. They all deal with some hard subjects, but have a bit of romance and a great story. This book is PIPER.

I don't have an audiobook started right now. I checked 5 out this morning. I will pick one of them.

Finished:
    SNOWBOUND ESCAPE by Dana Mentink (LIS) - I always like her books and always enjoy a Love Inspired Suspense.
    EXPIRED VOWS by Lisa Phillips (susp) - another good one.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I like Lisa Phillips.

I'm working on some fantasies, re-reading some and starting on new ones in series I'm reading.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I am reading a time travel book. Current day and a wagon train. It is a bit different, but I do not like the characters very much. Hoopla has several in this series, so we will see.
    WAGON TRAIN WEEKEND by Stephenia H McGee.

I read a time travel Amish book by Cindy & Erin Woodsmall. This is the second in that series. It was very good - but different.
    UNTIL THEN by Cindy & Erin Woodsmall (Amish time-travel).
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I had been reading the Cupcake Crimes series by Molly Maple, but got to a reference I wasn't thrilled with... time to move on.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I borrowed Until Then from Hoopla, Connie! Thanks.

I think I read bits of five different books last night. One of the books is an Amish Mystery, AMISH COUNTRY MURDER by Mary Alford. She can't remember anything from before she woke up in a serial killers basement. Two boys save her after the killer shoots her and she falls off a bridge into freezing water. Her nemesis is incredibly canny and she can't seem to hide from him, but they are going to try and hide her in Amish country.
    The other non-fantasy I'm reading is A PRIDEFUL HEART by Heather Blanton, it's part of her Burning Dress Ranch series. She uses a lot of slang and I'm not sure I want to keep reading it. It's kind of a take on Pride and Prejudice.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Reading THE GIFT (To Protect and Serve) by Anne Perreault.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I finished THE GIFT and started on THE BLESSING - also by Anne Perreault.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have really liked everything I have read by Anne Perreault. I have several still to read. One historical WW2, and her newest takes place in Dubai.

I finished a few Christmas books - needed lighter reads.
    BILLIONAIRE IN CANDY CANE FOREST by Clara Bliss (rom)
    ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND CHRISTMAS by Sarah Monzon (Christmas)
    A MERRY MISTAKE by Lorana Hoopes (Christmas)

I also finished the second book in the time travel series. This time they wound up in the 1950's, but they didn't know each other like on the previous book. I liked it better, mostly because I liked the characters better.
    Back Inn Time series
    FALLING FOR THE FIFTIES by Stephenia H McGee (time travel)
    and finished
    UNDER THE SUMMER MOON by Amy Schisler (rom) - A LOT of liquor.

Right now I don't have anything started.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Connie, Hoopla had the e-books of the first four in that series, so I downloaded that. I like time travel stories!

I'm reading about Count Zinzendorf. He started a missionary society when he was 12 years old with four other friends - obviously not accomplishing much until after his college days. The book begins with him and a friend in America trying to bring the gospel to the Indians. So far very good.

I'm reading a devotional called DAILY LIGHT. It's basically just Bible verses that follow the theme of the day, and that's it.

I'm relistening to THE WOLF SOLDIER by James Hannibal. I started to read book two and was lost, so thought I would go back to one and try to remember what the story's all about!

I'm re-reading SEEDS by Rachel Starr Thomson so I also know what the story is about when I begin book 3!

TEMPESTS OF TRUTH by Melanie Cellier, a fantasy, book 3.

AMISH COUNTRY MURDER by Mary Alford. This one is a little bit scary, so I read it for awhile and then go on to something milder. LOL!