Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Replies

• Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 1,039 Member
    Thank you DW for the birthday wishes. I am so glad you got to visit with your family. Too bad DD didn't go as it sounds like a nice time. Shari, I'll bet your Guatemala team is quite bonded in a special way after a trip like that.

I had an amazingly productive day today. I started cleaning out items from a closet in our family room and made tremendous progress. I tossed a few things in the trash and have quite a few items to donate to a local charity. I expected someone from the organization to stop by today to pick up the items but she didn't come and didn't call. I will contact the organization again in the next few days. I also organized some of the other things in the closet and will gradually go through those things to make more room in the closet. These are mostly paper work/records that likely can be shredded. I did well with food today....didn't have much time to snack or stray. That's my aim for Tuesday too.
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 886 Member
    DH and I have a counselling appointment today. We have been doing so much better. Part of our success is the counselling and part of it is that his parents are not coming around unless they are invited. It was too much for me the first three years, this year has been so much better. Sadly, it took them getting older and not having the energy to be out here. The relationship isn't repaired per se, but I have moved from being hurt and angry to feeling sorry for them. FIL is 93 and MIL is 91. Being that age is difficult, but they have done well. They are still living on their own.

I put on weight from the weekend, hoping it comes back down this week. I am working hard at tracking and walking.
  • Paulawilldo
    Shari, so good that you and DH are seeing the benefits of counseling and continuing with the process. Given the ages of your in-laws, any change in the right direction is huge in my book! Good for you and DH for your on-going efforts.

I had one of my best days in recent memory for staying on track and logging my food. As I occasionally say, if every day was like today, I'd be at goal. John is asking for some kind of pasta tomorrow so that will present more of a challenge for me, but with a big salad and portion controlled pasta I could do ok.
  • shariletts
    Counselling went well. It was more focused on DH, so that gave me some reprieve lol. We have some take aways to work on. After counselling we took Kyle and Claire out for tacos and then to the airport. It was a really good visit this time. I was quite happy with the things we planned to do with them.

I will go into work today, I don't mind too much as the weather is a bit sour. That always makes working easier.

I dropped back down in my weight shy of reaching a new number on the scale. I guess that won't happen until after our vacation. We have plans to go to Vegas from Sept 2-10. I am excited to have summer temps extended. It's already getting cooler here.

• Paulawilldo
    Wow Shari, you certainly have a busy travel life! Woo hoo....do it and enjoy it. I have no regrets about the traveling I did when I could.

I did ok today and watched how much pasta I ate. I didn't measure it but eye-balled it and think I estimated well. John and I spent time watching the opening ceremony of the para-Olympics in Paris. The opening ceremony was very well done, tasteful, and touching in my opinion. John has the schedule for the para games for the next 11 days or so, til Sept. 8 I think. I know John will watch a lot of it, and I will watch some too. But college football kicks off this Saturday so that will be something we pay attention to as well.
  • Paulawilldo
    Today went well for me for food and accomplishments. Even John was impressed with how much of my to do list got completed. Tomorrow's list is not as involved. I am looking forward to Friday because I am finally having some real yard work completed on our property. Craig has not been here much at all, only once in August I think, despite his promising me he would take care of a lot of yard work that he neglected all summer. So... I hired a lawn service owned by a young man I know (he used to do our snow removal). He and his crew will be here Friday afternoon to do the work. I am so excited that this work will finally be done. I am quite disappointed in Craig and am not sure what is going on with him these days. I suppose eventually I will find out.
  • shariletts
    Sorry for the missing the check in yesterday. I was up at 4am to take one of my sons to the airport. We live about 45 minutes from the airport and work is about halfway inbetween so I didn't come home after dropping him off. I did go to the gym since it opens so early. I got my workout in and then headed to work. I was to bed rather early last night.

Good that you have been so productive Paula. Your yard will look great after getting the crew in. You haven't mentioned Craig much, so hopefully he lets you know what's been up.

I have a lot of work to do today, but I get to work from home. That means I will focus so much better. Thankful for that.
  • Paulawilldo
    Shari, I so admire your early morning activities, including even going to the gym! Wow...very impressive working out and then working even if it is from home!

From what I have seen so far, the yard looks very good. I didn't get out side but checked it out through the windows and John took some photos to show me. I hope to get outside tomorrow and get a closer look at least of the front yard. I watched my portions today but enjoyed the last of my birthday cake and didn't bother to track it. Even so for sure I have to be super careful with tomorrow's points.
  • Paulawilldo
    Today I got a better look at the yard and am pleased with the work the guys did. My neighbor Jane also checked it out for me and agreed that the guys did well. I was very conscientious about tracking my food today, and let's just say I'm glad this is the end of the week and I start a new week with those helpful extra weekly points as of Sunday!
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 330 Member
    Good morning! I’m happy to read that you are both doing well! Shari, have a fun trip to Vegas!! Paula, that is wonderful to have your yard work done!
    We leave for AK on Thursday, driving to MI and then flying on Friday morning. We will arrive mid afternoon their time. I will celebrate my 70th birthday there!
    My food choices have been all over the place but the scale remained stuck.. some days that was a gift and other days it has been frustrating. Today it went down a tad, so that was encouraging. I get so stressed trying to get ready to go. I have a to do list for work, home and dogs and that is triggering strong desires for comfort foods. Im heading for church shortly and am looking forward to that! Have a wonderful Sunday!
  • shariletts
    I have everything laid out for the trip, now I just need to put it all in a suitcase. I think it will fit fine. We shall see! Weight wise- things are pretty stable/stuck. I excited to see some weight loss, just not sure when to expect that to happen.

Paula- Glad you like your yardwork. I am sure it freshens things up for you to enjoy and the passerbys.

DW- Have a good trip too. Happy Birthday!
  • Paulawilldo
    Checking in earlier than usual for me to wish you both safe travels and enjoyable time away. And happy birthday to you DW. I am sure it will be extra special spending your birthday with your DS and his family.

I will probably not check in here much, if at all, while you two are away. I will watch for your posts when you return and will be looking forward to learning about your special get-aways!
  • shariletts
    Just a quick hello as DH sleeps in.
    We have a balcony this visits and it’s wonderful. I can enjoy a cup of coffee outdoors while he sleeps.

The sun is shining. My food plan is out the window. I am struggling to be okay with that. It’s only one week. It’s vacation so I am trying to keep up some good habits and know I’ll get back to the rest in a week.
  • Paulawilldo
    What a nice surprise to see your post today Shari! Quiet time with coffee on a balcony would be delightful to me too. You will be back on plan when you get home...enjoy the getaway. Vacation food is so different from what I would cook at home....I always enjoyed trying new food styles and unusual offerings that are available in resorts, etc.
    Have fun!!!
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 330 Member
    Good morning from Alaska! I am the 1st one up and am enjoying the quiet with a cup of coffee. I was also the 1st to bed 😂 still working on the 4 hour time change!
    I hope you are both doing well!! My plan is also on hold. Noom has “ treat days” and I scheduled 9 in a row.
    Today we will be off on an adventure to Palmer and Talkeetna. Yesterday we went to the boys’ rock wall climbing lessons-that was amazing to watch!! Then we went to the last Saturday market of the season and to shops downtown. Have a blessed Sunday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Wonderful to see your post DW! So happy to learn of your activities with your family and also happy to see you enjoying some quiet time with coffee....the joys in life!! I like the Noom approach of treat days! I hadn't heard of that before.

I have continued to have solid on-track days and some not-so-solid. I did well over the weekend so am pleased about that. I have healthy meals planned for the next few days and am feeling fairly well motivated. I have to keep reminding myself how important my food plan is.
  • shariletts
    Hello! We made it back late last night and I had a really good sleep. I have the day off today and will use it to get things caught up at home before going to work tomorrow to do the same thing. I stepped on the scale, although I wasn't going to until Sunday, and wasn't very impressed lol! I am up three pounds. I hope I can get them off in 10 days since that is how long it took to put them on! I figured that not knowing how much I weighed, didn't mean that I weighed any less. It's data to help me on my journey. I am back on plan and ready to see results.

Today will be busy, I have some peaches that I want to can. I need to get groceries, water my plants (they look thirsty, and we need to get new passports. We have a trip to Mexico booked in December and we need new passports before we can go. Just back from one vacation and preparing for my next one! I want to travel while we can.

Hope all is well with you both!
  • Paulawilldo
    Welcome back Shari! I think you will get rid of those 3 pounds almost as easily as you got them. You are a busy person and now are working out, so that should help too. Do you add sugar when you can the peaches? If they are no sugar, they would be zero points on WW. I love that fruits are zero points, as are most veggies. I have been adding no sugar pineapple to my non fat cottage cheese and find it quite satisfying. I had 2 good days in a row, yesterday and today. Tomorrow should be ok too. Thursday I am expecting a visit from some cousins who live less than 20 miles from here but whom we seldom see. The husband is my first cousin and about 5 years older than me. They tend to be quite busy with their grandkids. They are planning to celebrate my birthday a few weeks late. That could be challenging in terms of healthy choices but I am not fussing over this and just want to catch up with these 2 people whom John and I love very much.
  • shariletts
    A slight drop in my weight this morning, still a ways to go to get back to where I was. But it's a start, so that's good!

I will add a light syrup to the peaches, I didn't can them yet as they need to ripen a bit more. I will look forward to adding them to cottage cheese. I have taken to buying cottage cheese too. I picked some up yesterday, not cheap!

I will be heading to the office today. I am sure I will be kept very busy. It's our first day back to youth and I expect to process a lot of registrations. I may set a timer to remind myself to get up and move every 30 to 60 minutes. I can see myself pushing through the work and not taking a break.

I have my breakfast and lunch all planned out. That should help to start shifting this weight gain.
  • Paulawilldo
    Hope you had a good day back at your office Shari. Good that you saw some movement on the scale too. Sometimes even just a little drop can boost my motivation.

I did well again with my food choices. I had a fairly busy day trying to clean and prep for my cousins' visit tomorrow. More to do tomorrow before they come, but I can handle it. Tonight John and I started a new online church class on Zoom with our old church. The priest there wasn't there when we were (we left that church about 24 years ago). But we know this new priest and like him. The class was really enriching tonight. We will meet on Wednesdays for 7 or 8 weeks (I can't remember). We enjoyed tonight's class and interacting with some of the folks from our old church on Zoom and also meeting on Zoom some of the new folks there.