Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Paula! I am at high risk for RA in my knees and knowing my mom is and how you are, it is just terrible. I hope that you get some relief very soon!

Our study went well. I think all enjoyed the meal and the discussion.

I love to create in the kitchen, whether it is cooking a meal or baking. I just have to be super careful not to indulge and choose ingredients wisely.
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Shari, it seems like you are naturally creative in the kitchen and elsewhere such as in all your handy work around your home and in your garden. That is indeed a gift and you use it well!

My RA flare settled down a little, and I was able to get some things done. That made me feel better too. I still rested somewhat later in the day, but I felt I earned it for getting some simple chores taken care of. I will plan to rest most of Sunday as well. That should help my strength and stamina and maybe even ease the pain a little more. I didn't log any food today but hope to do so tomorrow. I know I didn't overeat today.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I had a bit of a sad day yesterday. The fridge we have in the basement froze my carrots. I have no idea why the whole thing would freeze on me. I was quite sad as I had two big buckets of carrots. I was looking forward to sharing them. Now I won't be able to and I have just enough carrots for myself as I had picked them all yet. We pulled the rest of the carrots and potatoes as there is snow in the forecast next week. I know it's just carrots, but it really got me down. I hope to be in better spirits today.

I would like to pop into Costco and look at dishwashers, I would like to connect with my eldest for a short visit, then I have some items that I need to pick up at a pharmacy. I enjoy shopping so I hope I can. I think I need to get off the farm.

I made it back to my pre-eat out weight. Now to see if I can pull a lower number on the scale this week. I went though the pants I put aside a long time ago. I ordered them according to size and tried on the biggest of them all and they fit well enough that I put them back in closet. If I can keep losing weight, I think I will be able to fit into about half of them again. Then the rest can go to donation once I feel like I can't lose anymore. That was such a victory!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Oh Shari, So sorry about your carrots! As a big fan of home grown veggies, I understand your reaction. So disappointing. Sounds like a good plan to shop and see your son! Also sounds like your efforts are paying off in the pants department. Very motivating. Celebrating for you!

I rested a lot today, even a bit more than I planned. I enjoyed a phone call from a church friend who caught me up on some church issues. I am at the top of my points today so tomorrow I must be more strict. My pain level is about the same as yesterday. Tomorrow will be a bit challenging since I have to drive John to a Miracle League board meeting. Our Monday Bible study will be on Tuesday this week so that makes it a little easier for me, allowing me to rest after I bring him home from the meeting.
  • shariletts
    Options
    My weight is holding. I am hoping to see that number drop in the next few days. I think that the way I am eating is very sustainable long term. If the weight is slow to come off, but is coming off, that is okay with me. I ended up staying home. I might be getting sick and I a had a tough day emotionally. I will be okay though, just a lot going on with a few different relationships. I will develop a new mindset and just needed the time to grieve some changes.

I hope you can rest up between your activities Paula!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    It is so important to find a plan that works for you and is sustainable. Way to go Shari!!! I hope you are feeling better physically and emotionally. And we all know that both work together. Hugs to you as you go through some difficulties with relationships. Remember we are here for you.

I managed ok today both with my food choices and my tasks. I was very tired after we got back from John's meeting. I rested as much as I could while still doing a few household chores. One of the highlights of my day was running into a friend as I dropped John off at the meeting. We met at work in 1982 and have been friends ever since. He is a very young 79 year old who looks and acts more like 50. His wife called him while we were catching up so I got to talk with her too. We talked about getting together. They would come here to visit. I sure hope we make this happen.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Paula- you have so many friendships with people that have lasted such a long time. That indeed is a testament as to how kind and welcoming you are. I hope that you are able to arrange a visit with this couple soon.

I have ended up with a cold in my chest. i was coughing quite a bit yesterday and today my voice sounds sick. Luckily I don't have a fever or any aches and pains. I won't call in sick unless I need to sleep, but I will ask if it's fine to work from home. If they say no, then I will take a sick day. I don't need to share this with anyone at the office. I do think that is where I picked it up though. A lot of people at work have been sick. It stands to reason that when I got stressed that I couldn't fight it off.

My weight went down by .2 ounces which isn't a big deal except that it was a new number in the front of it. That was super exciting and I really want to hold on to it.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better Shari and that you were able to work from home. Good news at the scale for you is a great boost!

I did well today...chicken and broccoli is a winning combination for me. It satisifies me and is 0 points. That gives me room for a little indulging as long as I don't go overboard. I was a bit busy with morning chores but then rested the rest of the day. I was ok with that even though I had more things to do.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I will say that I am sick. It's all in my chest. So coughing, no runny nose at the moment. I am going to check in with my supervisor about working from home. I can get some things done, drop them off and then head back home. I don't think anyone will want me there with a cough. I didn't test for Covid since it's only been three days. I think it took being 5 days sick before the test would show a positive outcome in the past. I will ask my friend who is a respiratory therapist.

Glad your eating is going well Paula. That's great.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello! Shari, I’m sorry you are under the weather! Prayers for a speedy recovery!! Paula, I’m happy to read that you have been feeling better!
    Things have been a bit of a struggle here with our dog. DH ended up taking her back to the surgeon in Columbus yesterday and she received 2 stitches in the top of her incision site. She had started bleeding two days before that from being too active. We keep her on a leash when outside but she manages to find ways to overdo it on the leg.
    Work is going ok and weight loss is mediocre but I’m still trying!! That’s all the news from me. Have a good Thursday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, will continue to pray for your dog. Bless her for being too active...she wants to heal!

Shari, prayers for you to bounce back to your healthy self. Rest is so important with these bugs. I hope you are able to take the time you need to rest.

I had a very full and productive day....and did so without even a little nap. My eating was right on target today too. I also did a grocery pick up (instead of delivery) because Craig was here to bring in the bags. He is going to start working on a small ramp to make it easier (I hope) for me to get in and out of our garage. I have great difficulty navigating the steep step from the garage to our breezeway. I am hopeful Craig will come up with a solution.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, Hope you are resting and feeling better!

Craig did an amazing job on the ramp for the garage. It should be a big help to me and to John as well. I struggled all day today to stay on track but didn't do well at all. It was a hungry tired day for me and my will power was on vacation. I stopped tracking my food midday. Ugh! Tomorrow should be a better day...it couldn't be much worse!

• shariletts
    Options
    For some reason I wasn't able to check in yesterday. This page wouldn't load, I am glad it did today.

Thank you for the update DW. Sorry to hear that your dog needed a trip back to the vet. A little more complicated with the office being far away. I feel like Moe forgets he has an injury when he gets excited so I think I understand how hard it is to help them stay settled and not exert themselves.

I am still sick, it came on slowly and it is taking time to get over it. I have today off and will rest. That should help.

My weight loss is also in slow motion. It is heading in the right direction and I have to patient with the results. I have more confidence than I have in the past year that I can lose some weight. Last year my efforts were just not paying off.
  • Paulawilldo
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Shari, Glad you are able to rest and have the day off. With the weekend here, I hope you can continue to rest and get better. Your patience with weight loss is inspiring to me. It does take time, but we can do it.

It seems like there is always something for Craig to do here. Late last evening a driver (who did not stop) knocked over our mailbox. It wasn't completely knocked over, but it was very slanted and disrupted and unusable. Craig came this afternoon and fixed it temporarily. He plans to totally repair it with new cement to hold it in the ground sometime tomorrow. I did ok with food choices today but think it will take me some time to undo the damage I have done on my recent "off" days.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday although DH and I went out for dinner so I have some work to do now. I will drink a lot of water today which means my weight will most likely go up tomorrow but then it should come back down. I didn't over eat at all so I am not worried about the calories I ate. I just have to flush out the sodium.

Sorry that your mailbox got hit Paula. Craig is helpful and I am glad that he can be there to help you out.

Let's have a good day to undo the poor choices of the past. We got this!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Today was a very good day for me. Hope it was for you Shari as well. A few more like this and I will be able to undo my "off days" damage. Craig did the work on the mailbox, thank goodness. This is at least the 4th time this box has been hit in the 29 years of living in this house. Only one time did a driver own up to the damage and offer to take care of the repair....and that was in 1998. Times have changed. I had my first in-home nail appointment today, and I am delighted! The nail tech is a sweetie and does great work. She is very down to earth and kind too.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I did well with my diet plan today but the scale still needs another day or two to show me some love. It typically takes two really good days to undo one restaurant meal. I will continue on with what I have been doing and hope for good news on the scale tomorrow. I am trying to stay in a positive mindset.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello! Paula, I’m glad you were able to get your ramp done and mailbox repaired! We get our mailbox plowed down a couple of times per season and they never stop. Shari, I’m glad you are feeling better and it sounds like your eating plan is going well!!
    Our dog had to go back to Columbus on Friday because she opened her stitches again. They put in 1 stitch( which is no longer holding). Over the weekend she quit bearing weight on that leg so I emailed them and hope to hear something tomorrow. This is NOT going well and we need to get it back on track. Your prayers are much appreciated!! This week I work a few hours tomorrow and then work all day Tues-Friday. I’m happy for the extra hours. I hope you both have a great week!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Oh DW, so sorry about your girl. Still praying for her and for your strength to guide her through this.

Shari, congrats for staying on your plan! Time and consistency are a wise combination.

It was a good day for me. I made wise food choices and had no cravings or temptations. It was mostly a restful day too, just the way I like my Sundays. I made ground turkey tacos for supper and added broccoli as a side just to make sure I was getting in enough veggies. It satisfied me quite a bit.

Look out new week...here we come...we are ready!
  • shariletts
    Options
    That sounds like a rough time DW. Sounds like you will have another trip to the surgeon this week. I hope they can determine why her stitch isn't holding and find a more permanent way to hold her incision together. Also why she isn't using her leg now.

I am back to the weight that I was last week so now it's time to work towards another little drop. I don't have any plans to eat out this week and I am thankful for that. Maybe a new number will emerge on the scale. I would like to lose three more before my trip to Mexico, but I would happy with just one more. When I get back I think I will look for a dietician or natural path to see if they can help me with my bloating. That isn't improving at all and I would like to know if it it possible.