Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Eagerly awaiting your arrival at your new shiny number Shari! Sounds like you are well on your way!

Diane, We will look forward to hearing from you whenever your time permits! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

I was fine with eating today and even took care of what I consider a major accomplishment: With John's help I changed the sheets on both of our beds. This is a very difficult and challenging task for us so we celebrate when we do this. I am considering hiring a home health care service to help with tasks like this as well as to drive me and accompany me to some medical appointments. I am meeting with one agency on Friday. I need only about 3 hours every two weeks or so. Most agencies I have contacted want to provide a minimum of 10 hours per week, which is too much in terms of time and costs. John and I have our hair cut appointments tomorrow. As of now we are planning on having Craig drive us there. I am not sure I feel comfortable driving yet...if ever again.
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't make it back down to where I had hoped to. I have some work to do and I don't think I am going to make my goal weight for Mexico. I won't give up, I just have to remind myself that weight goes up and down everyday and isn't just a steady decline. As long as I can keep trending downward, I will be happy. I have two weeks until my trip. Then I will be off my diet plan for one week. Once I get back, I will be back to doing what I hope will continue to work.

Hope all is well!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, as you know, it is natural for weight to fluctuate daily. You've got this and are headed to more happy numbers. This does take time.

I am uplifted today. John, Craig, Buster, and I all went together to get haircuts for me and John. The big happy news for me is that I drove and did relatively well getting in and out of the van. My pain level was considerably less today, probably at least in part because I added extra-strength Tylenol today along with my muscle relaxer. I am not fatigued and feel good. I stayed on track today too. Must keep this up!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Great news Paula! I have been thinking about getting a haircut and can't quite decided if I should do it before or after my trip. I should decided soon if I am going to be able to fit that in before we go.

Hoping the pain goes away for you Paula.

I am off today. My youngest is here for today and then travels to Calgary for a few days. We will see more of him next next weekend. It's been great so far.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, a doubly wonderful day for you....a day off and time with your son. Doesn't get much better than that in my book! Enjoy!

I did very well again today. I made one of my favorite dinners, turkey burgers. So good and so filling. I had a lot to do on my list today and initially thought I'd struggle. But an afternoon nap helped so much. After that nap I completed all I had to do. I seemed to be moving a bit better than usual too.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Moving better is good Paula. So are naps.

We had a nice sunny day here yesterday, but still pretty chilly. My son's girlfriend flies in today and they will drive to her parent's place for a visit. I will get to see her for lunch and then for a few days next week. That will be wonderful.

I am up in weight after some eating out. I just can't win at restaurants. I know it will be a few days now before some of this weight will come off. Patience with myself is needed. There is no way I can avoid at eating at restaurants for the rest of my life. I just need to make sure to spread those types of meals out as much as possible.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello! Diane, I am also keeping your sister in my prayers! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Paula, how exciting that you had the successful driving outing! Shari, it is so good that you know what causes the weight to go up and also how to get it back where it was! I had fast food for supper tonight so am expecting an increase on the scale tomorrow.
    My dog got her stitches out (that were holding nothing together) and that went well, after work yesterday. Today I worked all day and then had to go to another art opening about an hour away. The show was good but took a chunk of time. Tomorrow my car goes to the shop and I have no idea what is causing the problem because they have tried the obvious solutions with no luck. While waiting to hear about the car, I will be frantically cleaning at home because my sister is coming to visit next Friday. Other than that, my Dr appt is on Monday, so we'll see what happens . Have a great weekend!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Wow DW, You sure have a lot on your plate these days! Happy that your girl did well after her stitches were removed. Best wishes for a reasonable outcome with your car. It is a stressful situation when the issue is difficult to identify.

Shari, So good to be able to enjoy your DS and his girlfriend. Have fun!

I had a good day today. My eating was on track for sure. I am still not ready to step on the scale, mostly because of my balance issues since to get an accurate weight I have to not be holding on to anything for support. I feel like I am losing weight but that "feeling" can be deceptive. I met with a representative from a home health care organization today. I had spoke with several by phone, and this one seemed to be the best fit for my needs. I was very impressed with their service terms and rates, so I decided to go with them. They are very flexible and didn't require me to commit to a specific number of hours per week or month. I mostly need someone to change our sheets and accompany me to medial appointments. This organization will do that. Our first visit from their caregiver is scheduled for November 20. I am so hoping that this works out well for me.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I posted yesterday, maybe I didn't hit the post reply button. That is so weird!

I had on okay eating day yesterday. I am still stepping the scale, but it always makes me nervous. It is staying steady, but that is because I have had few too many meals out. I have been good about eating just half of them and bringing half home to eat the next day. That helps in one sense since it's less salt and calories, but it's still eating out more often.

I am glad you find some help Paula. Sharing how it is difficult to change your sheets has reminded me that it is difficult for my mom too. I am going to plan to go over every two weeks and help her with that. I will see if she is willing to accept the help.

We are off tomorrow for Remembrance Day. That will be great! I have had a nice break from my job. Soon I will be in Mexico for another break.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, I hope your mother accepts your offer to help. Does your dad help her with such tasks? I can sometimes manage to take care of certain tasks with John's help, but it has become such a struggle for me (not him) that I am glad I took the step to get more help. Enjoy your day off!

I got my nails done today again at home. The nail gal had to cancel yesterday because she wasn't feeling well. She is very nice and even offered to stop to pick up anything I might have needed along her way. I am very pleased with the way she does my nails. They look better than ever.

I was unusually hungry during the middle of the day today. I made wise choices but still felt unsatisfied. So I ate more than I should have, but then I was satisfied and ate very little for the rest of the day. So it all ended up pretty well.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Well- another meal out for me! We had friends call and invite us out for Chinese Food. I didn't want to go out to eat, but I pushed them off last weekend and we do love to spend time with them. So we went. It will be a few more days now before I can start to fight off the high fat and high sodium food we ate. We came back to our place and played games afterwards which was fun.

I think my mom will accept the help. I didn't talk to her yesterday, but will see what she says today.

Glad you were able to get your nails Paula. I bet they look great!
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello! Paula, I’m glad you found some help and that your nail person is working out so well!! Shari, that sounds like such a fun evening playing games!
    I had my Dr appointment today. She was not concerned with my glucose but was concerned with my cholesterol. I am going to try to lower it with my diet, although she did mention medication as a possibility. She had a program that predicts the probability of a cardiac event in the next 10 years. After plugging in my info she came up with a percentage that was much lower than I expected given my family history, but she thought it was too high. Back to the old “ count your calories and exercise “ ( her recommendation). I will try to do better…especially with the cholesterol. Have a great Tuesday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Great that glucose isn't an issue for you. I am due for some blood work and expect to have it taken care of after my electro-cardiology appointment in December. I recently discovered that one of the large hospital corporations in our area will come to the home to draw blood. So pleased about that. Meds for cholesterol can be tricky. I think at times docs are too quick to prescribe them. I see the need if the cholesterol numbers (including the ratio) would be high, but I have known several people with borderline numbers whose doc wanted them to take the meds. For many years I have taken a pharmaceutical grade of omega-3 fatty acids supplement as well as a red yeast rice supplement (a natural statin without the typical side effects of statins), and my cholesterol numbers and triglycerides are great.

Shari, if John would be a bigger fan of Chinese food, I would eat it more often, even with the side effects of sodium, but he is just not a fan of Chinese food anymore. You will flush out the sodium from your restaurant food, but it is annoying when this happens at times.

My friend came to visit today and I was so pleased that she didn't have to change the sheets since John and I had already taken care of that. We had a really nice visit, just talking and relaxing. She did a little shopping for me on her way here which helped tremendously too. I managed to stay pretty much on track today, though she brought us a loaf of her home made zucchini bread which I haven't cut yet. This could be a challenge for me in the days ahead.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I had a really good five day break but now it's back to work on -site today. No snow here yet and that makes driving so much better. My weight is still up, but I am hopeful for a drop in the next day or two. I have to remember to drink water as I know that will help.

Good news about your glucose levels DW! We are. here to encourage you with your diet and exercise to get that cholesterol down!

A homemade zucchini loaf sounds good and I am sure you will enjoy it Paula. Much better than store bought goods. I made my typical long weekend cinnamon buns yesterday and look forward to a cup of tea and a bun before heading to the office.

Have a good day everyone!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, Nice that you haven't had snow yet. I always dreaded driving in snow. Our weather is a little chillier than usual for this time of year, but not by much. It is predicted to be a bit warmer for Thursday and Friday. John and Buster will be happy about that. John takes Buster out all the time now. I haven't taken Buster out since I had my muscle problem.

I did well with my food choices today. So far I have resisted the zucchini bread. We didn't cut it yet. If it isn't cut, I can resist it. After it is cut, I am more likely to indulge a bit. I rested a little today but have a longer to do list for tomorrow.
  • shariletts
    Options
    That's is great that John takes Buster out. The fresh air will be so good for both of them. Hopefully you will be able to venture out soon Paula. Before it gets too cold!

I didn't do well with my food choices yesterday but thankfully the scale stayed the same. I know I am still carrying water weight. I am quite thirsty this morning and will need to focus on drinking a lot of water today. That shouldn't be a problem and should help,
  • Paulawilldo
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I agree Shari, water should help. I enjoy drinking my water (usually seltzer water). But I take a diuretic so running to the bathroom is sometimes a challenge.

If I could dance I would be doing a happy dance. I felt stable enough to weigh today and was able to stand unassisted long enough to weight myself twice. Same number both times. Happy to report I am down 5.6 pounds. It is a very slow weight loss since I hadn't weighed since late August. But I am still quite pleased and motivated once again. I am down over 16 pounds since my typically highest weight. I might actually be looking forward to getting weighed next time I see a doctor.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am doing a happy dance with you Paula! Great news and great success. Keep doing what you are doing.

I didn't have a good eating day. I lost my eating routine and I am struggling to get it back. The scale has swung back up again so I can't afford to let another day slide without being disciplined. I have one week until my trip and I need to remove at least two of the pounds that crept back up on me. I can do this!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Routine is so important to help stay on track, at least for me. I hope you don't stress too much in this last week before your trip Shari. Stress can keep us from losing too, as I am sure you know.

I did well today with food choices but wasn't as productive as I had hoped. Craig was here raking and blowing all the many many leaves on my property. It took him over 3 hours! When he is here, my to do list sometimes gets sidetracked. I am ok with that however, just so glad to have the leaves taken care of and he always ends up helping me with other things in addition to the main reason he is here.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Friday!! Paula, HUGE CONGRATS on the weight loss!! That is awesome!! Shari, your upcoming trip sounds so exciting! I've been doing pretty well with eating since seeing the Dr. on Monday with minimal success on the scale. There is a specific weight that I have not been able to get below for the past several months. I have been bouncing up and down just above that weight and haven't been able to get down into the next "tens" level. My sister is coming tonight and we are going Christmas shopping tonight and tomorrow. I am looking forward to it and this could even push my weight in the right direction because she has been doing NOOM more successfully than I have, so we will be making good food choices and also be on the move more than I usually am. I hope you both have a great weekend!!