Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good weekend for you Shari. It was restful for me today, just as I had hoped. It was and still is a very damp rainy Sunday here again, for about the 3rd consecutive Sunday. That just reinforces my enjoyment of sleeping/napping/resting. I didn't focus on tracking my food today, but I am sure I exceeded my daily points. Since I had extra "weekly" points, I might not have done too much damage. I will take tomorrow more seriously.
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday. Back to work today and hopefully I can keep bringing back those good habits from before my trip (well, a week before my trip). I want to fit in some more movement in my day so that I am not sitting in front of my computer for 8 hours.

I hope to do some Christmas baking tonight. I am getting a late start on that. I also need to get some more Christmas gifts. Super behind on that too. I guess the shopping will have to wait until the weekend. I did get my turkey! That was stressing me a bit. I was having trouble finding a good size one.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Nice that that you already have your Christmas turkey. Ours will be delivered later this week. I am making pretty good progress with Christmas gifts. I did a shipment from QVC to one of our Texas families, but still have to come up with something for the other two TX families. Those gifts are always a challenge for me. Nice too Shari that you are planning on doing some baking. I ordered quite a bit of goodies from my old church. They had a Christmas bake sale on Saturday. And they are kind enough to keep it in their freezer until it gets closer to Christmas for me.

I did so-so today. It wasn't my best day, but it also wasn't my worst. I was hungrier than I expected today. I ended up using some of my "weekly" extra points again. Some days are such a struggle!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I did ok today but again, not one of those very good days that I know contribute to my weight loss. I made more progress with the Christmas gifts, ordering a few more clothing items for the little guys. The department store I ordered from ships quickly so I know I will have everything in time. I accomplished a few other household chores, and the day sort of flew by. Tomorrow John and I go to get our hair cut. I plan to drive myself without Craig this time. It takes about 40 minutes to get there, mostly because of traffic. That is about the farthest I drive these days.
  • shariletts
    Options
    My post didn't stick from yesterday. I was sure I hit the post reply button...

I had a busy day and then a bit not so good night. DH's plane had mechanical issues so he didn't leave early enough to catch his connecting flight home. So he didn't make it home and should sometime today. I still had to go to the airport and pick up his brother who decided come for a visit since his mom's birthday party is tomorrow and his dad isn't well. His flight was delayed so I had a later than I would have liked night. I decided to rest after my alarm went off, but ended up falling asleep for another hour. I will be starting my day late, but I really don't mind. I have another full day at work with our youth Christmas Party.

It will be nice to get a haircut Paula! I need one too, but I just don't know when I will have the time.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hello! Shari, I hope your DH made it home as planned today! Paula, congratulations on the weight loss!!
    I’m back to work wearing a mask all week and I’m not the only one. I tested negative last Saturday and Sunday and went back on Monday. DH is still testing positive and is very disappointed about that because he’s feeling better. I got the package mailed to AK today, so that is a huge relief. I have one more to send to SC and am still shopping for that one.
    I’ve done well with food choices this week but the scale has not yet noticed….maybe tomorrow! Have a great Thursday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, one of my friends from my old church is wearing a mask again when out of her home these days. It makes sense to me given the recent increase in Covid and other contagious conditions. Prayers for your DH. I will pray for him by name, as is our practice, if you remind of his name.

Shari, Hope your DH is home safely. Nice that his brother came to visit his parents, especially since your FIL is not doing so well. I hope you are able to catch up on your rest. You don't need to get run down with so much stuff going around these days.

I feel good with my fresh haircut. I always say that my hair stylist is a true artist. She doesn't have much to work with but somehow manages to make my hair look good. I did fine driving which boosted my mood too. I was having a bit of trouble with my WW app today and used that as an excuse to not log my food. I think it was a marginal day at best. Today I got a new delivery of my salmon from my organic milk gal (she now carries much more than milk). Having the salmon on hand will help me stay on track.

• shariletts
    Options
    Crazy how many people are getting Covid again or influenza. It's good you are better DW, and hopefully today your DH will test negative. Let's hope that means your Christmas season will be sickness free! I haven't been wearing a mask, but now I wish that I would have last night with so many youth at the Christmas Party we had for them.

Today is my MILs birthday party at a restaurant. I don't really want to go and haven't fully decided what I will do. FIL got home from hospital yesterday but DH said he looks so much worse than he did last week when he was through the worst of his illness. I offered to keep him company at his place if he doesn't go to the party. I think it would be pretty hard for him to attend.

Glad you love your haircut Paula. A good reminder that I need to book myself one. My hair is getting out of hand. Far too long for what I like.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, I think your idea to stay with your FIL is excellent and very kind! I would worry be concerned about him going out in public in a potentially crowded place.

I did fine today with food choices. Eggs for breakfast and fish for supper is generally a winning combination for me. The eggs with whole wheat toast keep me satisfied as does the baked fish. I felt pretty good today and accomplished more than I expected, but of course there is always more to do, especially at this time of year.
  • shariletts
    Options
    FIL didn't go to the party and wanted to be alone. I am sure he just slept. The party went well. There was red wine and I couldn't resist. So I have had two meals out this week. My weight is steady, so that's good. Now to lose those same pounds I gained since Mexico. If I can drop 2-3 pounds, I know I will feel so much better. My clothes will fit comfortably.

I have a full plate and so much to do! I hope to do some Christmas shopping this weekend. And clean!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, glad the party went well. A glass or two of wine to celebrate makes sense to me. You don't do that very often. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I won't be stepping on the scale for a while. I know my days lately are not the kind I need to see more success. I feel like I am not gaining but also not losing right now. Tough too with the holidays quickly approaching.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I attended our Youth Leader Christmas Party last night and enjoyed a turkey dinner. Lots of fun games and laughter too. DH attended the evening that our Bible Study held. I was disappointed that he didn't choose to come with me since we haven't had a lot of time together. I didn't let that spoil my night so that was good.

I didn't step on the scale this morning. Like you Paula, I don't think I have done enough to see any progress. I hope I managed to at least stay the same.

I hope to get a lot of house cleaning done today. Hard to believe it's one week until Christmas.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Yes Shari, reality is setting in for me too with how close Christmas is. I don't have the responsibilities you have since on Christmas day it will be just John and me. Our family will come to visit sometime of the holidays as will some of our neighbors. I will have to plan what to serve for those visits, but am avoiding that planning for now.

I was unusually tired today and didn't accomplish much. We had a morning visit from our priest, 9 am which is early for me to be dressed and moving. It was a planned visit as we contacted him to come. It had been almost a year since he was here. He came to our church after Covid (June 2020) and the last time we were physically at church was March 2020, so we really never developed much of a relationship with him. We like him but don't feel like we know him very well and that he really doesn't know us well. It seems that if we want to see him, we much reach out to him. So know we know that.

I am hoping to just maintain my weight over this holiday season. I will do my best for some very compliant days, but realize this might not be very realistic.

Wishing all a blessed Sunday.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Hey Paula, did you get your home blessed by the priest when he was over for a visit! I would hope that he will visit now that he has been by once. It feels like pastors from our church don't really pastor as much as they used to when I was young. It can feel more business like than caring for the eternal souls of people. It could be that I don't see it. I see large group connection, but not one to one.

Thankful for a day of rest. The only thing I really want to do is get some steps in. I sit so much during the week that I take advantage of the time I have on the weekends to be outdoors.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    No house blessing on this visit. He came because I called him to visit us and to hear our confessions and to bring us communion. House blessing typically occurs after January 6, the feast of Theophany (Epiphany). But our house blessing will be much later I think as our priest will be out of town from Jan 7 to 17th. I agree with you about pastors not pastoring as much these days. I hear that from quite a few friends from an assortment of churches. While our priest is very nice and seems sincere, I haven't figured him out yet. He is a late career pastor, aged 55 and a priest for about 9 years. My main issue is that I feel that he isn't interested in us very much at all, outside of the commonly expected "duties" of his position. I could be wrong. I guess time will tell. Does any of this make sense?

We had a wonderful 2 hour visit today from our friends Lola and Mike today. They are leaving on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow and stopped here to leave their car at our home as they hired a driver to drive them to the airport in Phila, about 75 miles away. (They live another hour from here so it is much less expensive to have the driver come here for them.) They are such dear friends. It will be great to see them when they return from their trip in late December.

I had another day that will be a maintaining day at best. I have planned some healthy meals for this coming week, so maybe if I concentrate on discipline I can do a little better before the Christmas feasting starts.

• shariletts
    Options
    Paula-I do understand what you are expressing about your priest. It is certainly a different career path than what it used to be. I think it motivates me to be more people focused. I tend to be task orientated by nature but I am encouraged to take time to have conversations with people and get to know their stories.

I hope your friends have a wonderful cruise! Not something I have ever done. Maybe one day I will give it a try.

I did okay yesterday and I am planning for a good week- up until Christmas eve and then I plan to enjoy two days of food. It will all be my cooking, so it won't be near as bad as going to a restaurant. I am so excited.

I have a short week as I took Friday off. I am looking forward to the break from work.
  • Paulawilldo
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Shari, I appreciate so much that you understand my feelings about my priest. The situation is of concern, and I plan to see what I can do to improve things, but I also want to be realistic with my expectations. I just wonder if he is capable of actually caring about us.

I am glad you have a short week Shari. Do you have any time off between Christmas and New Year's Day? I have never been on a cruise. I am extremely phobic of any and all water vessels. I always was fearful of being on the water. I used to love to swim in the ocean, but was never fond of riding on a boat or a ship. As I got older the fear increased considerably. When John was a little boy, we visited Toronto and Niagara Falls. I remember taking a harbor cruise in Toronto. I did ok with that as I recall.

It was a very busy day here for me. My home health aide came and changed the sheets, did a few other chores, and also ran a few errands for me, which was a big help. It was the same gal who took me to the cardiologist a few weeks ago. I wrote a bunch of Christmas cards today and did what I consider to be "house prep" as my cleaning service comes tomorrow. I am kind of annoyed as the service changed their arrival time from afternoon to mid-morning. I always request an afternoon arrival time because of my pain and slow movement in mornings. I will let them know that I am not pleased with tomorrow's change of plans. The previous manager completely understood my needs, but she left and I guess the new one isn't as considerate.

I did ok with food choices but was too lazy/occupied to log it on my app. Tomorrow will be less demanding which also means more attention to food and tracking.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I have a bit of a water phobia too. I don't mind swimming or being on a boat near land. My fear is being out a ship and seeing land. Which is so weird as I don't mind flying. I think that seeing a cruise ship in the harbour while I was in Mexico intrigued me. I do love being on the beach and on land, but maybe one day I will give it a try.

Your cleaning service is another example of humans being less concerned about people and focusing on tasks. It doesn't take that much to help others feel valued and cared for. Another motivation for me to stop and make sure that I am being caring. I know how much I want to be cared for, so it shouldn't be hard.

I did okay eating yesterday and hope to have another good day today.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, I would guess that you are naturally a very caring person. This trait of yohurs come through clearly in your posts here, and I am sure it is evident in your other interactions as well.

I am pleased that our home is all cleaned and ready for Christmas. I do little tings in between the visits from the cleaning service, but everything sparkles after they have been here. I have them come only once a month because of the cost involved. Every 2 weeks would be my preference, but that would be a bit too costly. I did ok with eating today. I was pretty tired and rested a little more than usual. I hope to accomplish more tomorrow.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Oh Paula- a sparkling home! That sounds wonderful! I have been cleaning a bit, but I still have "things" to declutter so that cleaning is easier. I am pretty sentimental so it's hard to throw things out. I tend to migrate to the kitchen to cook or bake before cleaning.

I work at the office today but tomorrow I work from home. And then it's a week off. That is wonderful!!! A few days to get ready for the Christmas dinner and then time off.

We don't have snow this year which is very unusual. I love it for driving so no complaints from me.